Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

AZ's Carrion Crown AP (Inactive)

Game Master Azure_Zero

Going to run all six modules for the Carrion Crown AP.


201 to 250 of 788 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Half-Elf Spirit Ranger 7 (HP 60/60; F+7, R+7, W+4 (+1 vs. Arcane); AC 18, Touch 12, FF 16; Perception +14, Sense Motive +2, Initiative +2)

Janos nods at Daniel. "Slept well despite yesterday's events even. I wanted to get up early to clear my head. I think we have a lot ahead of us."

"What's your plan today? Are you going to speak to the Temple of Pharasma and see what kind of records they have? I thought I might use Petros' library to see if there's anything more on the Whispering Way. I also remembered that the Professor wrote of a crypt used to store things. We could look at that if we have time."


Male Half-Orc Sacred Servant of Iomedae HP128/128, AC30/17/27, F17/R14/W14, Init +3, Perception +12, CMB18/CMD34
ActiveSpells:
Blessing of the Watch, Protection Aura in 20ft Azreal, Spl Imun3BAB+23+2 AC/+1 Saves Azreal

I was going to check the Temple and enquire if there were any trustworthy wizards in town we might enlist to aid us as well. Some arcane expertise would probably be prudent.
We would usually map an area before a battle so If someone could see if there is a map of the area would be good. I know some large buildings have schematics detailing their layout but I have no idea where something like that would be found, and would be unlikely to correctly read it anyway.


I'll need a diplomacy check for getting access to temple records


Male Half-Orc Sacred Servant of Iomedae HP128/128, AC30/17/27, F17/R14/W14, Init +3, Perception +12, CMB18/CMD34
ActiveSpells:
Blessing of the Watch, Protection Aura in 20ft Azreal, Spl Imun3BAB+23+2 AC/+1 Saves Azreal

Diplomacy1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26

Woot!


Critical Success

Daniel, the father Grimbrow allows you to use the records of the temple for research.

You gain a +4 bonus for research for all 3 topics, provided you have ranks in it,
if no ranks then you roll untrained and without the +4 bonus.


Female Human Oracle of Ancestors 1; 10/10 HP; AC:13 [17] Touch 13 FF 10 [14]; F +2 R +2 W +4 (+5 fear); Init +2; Perception +4 (+6 undead/ can percieve ethereal undead)

Rhia arises, and joins the men after her morning routine.

"Well gentlemen, that sounds like a solid plan," she says as she walks up to them, hearing the conversation.

"The prison layout should be part of the Ravengro records, so we may be able to access a map of the location. While not a Cleric I have worked with the church of the Dark Lady many times, and the records of issues such as hauntings and unusual deaths is likely to be well recorded."

Rhia has ranks to research the majority of the topics


Half-Elf Spirit Ranger 7 (HP 60/60; F+7, R+7, W+4 (+1 vs. Arcane); AC 18, Touch 12, FF 16; Perception +14, Sense Motive +2, Initiative +2)

"Take Mat too if he's willing. He seems the type to be able to charm anyone if they're giving you difficulty. Besides, I'm just going to be huddled in Petros' library trying to re-learn what he knew about things. You all may actually be able to uncover some new info. Not to mention check up on what the spirits spoke through our beautiful medium." He politely tips his head towards Rhia.


Rhia where are you researching from?
Town Hall, or the temple?


Male Half-Orc Sacred Servant of Iomedae HP128/128, AC30/17/27, F17/R14/W14, Init +3, Perception +12, CMB18/CMD34
ActiveSpells:
Blessing of the Watch, Protection Aura in 20ft Azreal, Spl Imun3BAB+23+2 AC/+1 Saves Azreal

I'd be delighted if you joined me at the temple Rhia, as I said I am no scholar. Actually, to be honest I'm pretty hopeless with research in general. Sadly I make pretty good gut descisions but actual acedemic skill has always been my weakness..

Having finished his meal, Daniel rises and waits to Rhia, and Mat if he wishes to come, then head's to the temple. on the way out the door, he stops to quiz the waitstaff. Forgive me, but I was wondering if there is any wiazards or sorcerers of note in town? Or if there is anyone in town who may know?


Female Human Oracle of Ancestors 1; 10/10 HP; AC:13 [17] Touch 13 FF 10 [14]; F +2 R +2 W +4 (+5 fear); Init +2; Perception +4 (+6 undead/ can percieve ethereal undead)

Temple, I fugure Daniel gained access I'll actually do the researching.

Rhia smiles, both at Daniel's welcoming of assistance and Janos' comment.

"I'd be happy to help,I've spent quite a bit of time in my fami,ly's library so I know my way around research."

Grand Lodge

Male Human Rogue/1

Mat rushes downstairs rubbing sleep from his eyes and trying in vane to flatten his unkempt hair. "Sorry guys and lady. I over slept." he says as he gives up on trying to fix his hair. He looks for any left over food on the table and snatches some toast from the plate before Janos with a smile. "I'll finish that for you. No point in wasting out host's food.", he says as while stuffing the toast into his mouth. "Did I hear someone say something about the church of Pharasma? I'll go if you don't mind.", he says as he reaches for Janos's tea with a raise eyebrow and a smile.


Half-Elf Spirit Ranger 7 (HP 60/60; F+7, R+7, W+4 (+1 vs. Arcane); AC 18, Touch 12, FF 16; Perception +14, Sense Motive +2, Initiative +2)

Janos is reaching for the last piece of crusty bread, when Mat snatches it away from his plate. He gives the man an irritated look, but can only sigh and roll his eyes when he also polishes off the tea. "Of course, no problem at all." With little else to eat, Janos stands. "Hopefully we can figure out what exactly the Professor was researching. If the Whispering Way was the cause of his death, though, be careful. I'll be in the library if anyone needs me."


Male Half-Orc Sacred Servant of Iomedae HP128/128, AC30/17/27, F17/R14/W14, Init +3, Perception +12, CMB18/CMD34
ActiveSpells:
Blessing of the Watch, Protection Aura in 20ft Azreal, Spl Imun3BAB+23+2 AC/+1 Saves Azreal

Daniel adjusts his sword, Well then, let's be off. Hewalks to the.exit and heads to the Church, stopping to hold the door for Rhia.

Grand Lodge

Male Human Rogue/1

Mat makes one last attempt at trying to fix his unkempt hair before heading out the door after Rhia. He looks back to Janos and says with a smile, "Lunch is on me buddy, thanks for sharing your breakfast. We'll head over to the Inn or tavern whichever you prefer and have a few pints."

Mat jogs to catch up to Daniel and Rhia, "So you guys think there is a chance were going to find what we are looking for at the church? By the way what exactly are we looking for at the church?", he asks his new friends.


Male Half-Orc Sacred Servant of Iomedae HP128/128, AC30/17/27, F17/R14/W14, Init +3, Perception +12, CMB18/CMD34
ActiveSpells:
Blessing of the Watch, Protection Aura in 20ft Azreal, Spl Imun3BAB+23+2 AC/+1 Saves Azreal

[b]Why, anything that can aid us Mat. The church should have records concerning Harrowstone, maybe even a map of the building. I also intend to ask after a mage, if there is one in town.


Know(local) will help you find any local mages.


Male Half-Orc Sacred Servant of Iomedae HP128/128, AC30/17/27, F17/R14/W14, Init +3, Perception +12, CMB18/CMD34
ActiveSpells:
Blessing of the Watch, Protection Aura in 20ft Azreal, Spl Imun3BAB+23+2 AC/+1 Saves Azreal

I'll have to ask. You can't make Knowledge checks untrained and Daniel has no ranks.


Female Human Oracle of Ancestors 1; 10/10 HP; AC:13 [17] Touch 13 FF 10 [14]; F +2 R +2 W +4 (+5 fear); Init +2; Perception +4 (+6 undead/ can percieve ethereal undead)

Rhia smiles graciously as Daniel holds the door, joining the men as the make their way towards the Temple. No longer dressed in formal clothing, she was instead draped in gauzy white robes under her cloak, creating a ethereal feeling of her body being shrouded in mist, while doing little to conceal her slender yet very feminine figure..


Father Grimbrow:

"I hope you find what your looking for?"

Grand Lodge

Male Human Rogue/1

Mat has knowledge local +7. Suggest he look around for a wizard.


Male Half-Orc Sacred Servant of Iomedae HP128/128, AC30/17/27, F17/R14/W14, Init +3, Perception +12, CMB18/CMD34
ActiveSpells:
Blessing of the Watch, Protection Aura in 20ft Azreal, Spl Imun3BAB+23+2 AC/+1 Saves Azreal

Great idea.

Thankyou for your hospitality father. Hopefully we won't taketoo much time. Rhia, books are not my forte bit I'll certainlyassist where I can.

Knowledge: Religion, aid another1d20 - 2 ⇒ (11) - 2 = 9


Female Human Oracle of Ancestors 1; 10/10 HP; AC:13 [17] Touch 13 FF 10 [14]; F +2 R +2 W +4 (+5 fear); Init +2; Perception +4 (+6 undead/ can percieve ethereal undead)

Rhia pores over the tomes in the temple library seeking any reference to the whispering way and their works and activities.

Knowledge undead1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27

Does the +4 diplomacy bonus apply?


What are you rolling? if it's diplomacy, it was done by Daniel and he got access
+4 diplomacy bonus, don't exist, their is a +4 research bonus when using a research site and provided you have ranks in it.


Female Human Oracle of Ancestors 1; 10/10 HP; AC:13 [17] Touch 13 FF 10 [14]; F +2 R +2 W +4 (+5 fear); Init +2; Perception +4 (+6 undead/ can percieve ethereal undead)
DM Azure_Zero wrote:

What are you rolling? if it's diplomacy, it was done by Daniel and he got access

+4 diplomacy bonus, don't exist, their is a +4 research bonus when using a research site and provided you have ranks in it.

I meant the bonus Daniel earned with his diplomacy roll.


Once he got access, that was it.
No more need of diplomacy here unless you upset the locals

Know(undead) does not exist, the closest is Know(religion), and I am assuming your researching the whispering way, in which case you gain a +4 research bonus for doing the research here at the temple.


Half-Elf Spirit Ranger 7 (HP 60/60; F+7, R+7, W+4 (+1 vs. Arcane); AC 18, Touch 12, FF 16; Perception +14, Sense Motive +2, Initiative +2)

Janos will be doing his research at the Professor's home library. He's looking for anything regarding the Whispering Way, Harrowstone, the fire, or any of the prisoner names Rhia mentioned.

Janos only has Knowledge, Arcana and Knowledge, Local, so this may be a long shot.


The professor's place only allows research on the Whispering Way, and only gives a +2 research site bonus, where the temple gives a +4 research site bonus, and can research everything.


Half-Elf Spirit Ranger 7 (HP 60/60; F+7, R+7, W+4 (+1 vs. Arcane); AC 18, Touch 12, FF 16; Perception +14, Sense Motive +2, Initiative +2)

Can I research at the Professor's place and then join Rhia at the temple when I'm done?


All research checks will take the whole Day.


Half-Elf Spirit Ranger 7 (HP 60/60; F+7, R+7, W+4 (+1 vs. Arcane); AC 18, Touch 12, FF 16; Perception +14, Sense Motive +2, Initiative +2)

Then Janos is stuck for the day. Tomorrow he'll join the rest of the party at the temple.

Knowledge, Arcana 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 5 + 2 = 23


Female Human Oracle of Ancestors 1; 10/10 HP; AC:13 [17] Touch 13 FF 10 [14]; F +2 R +2 W +4 (+5 fear); Init +2; Perception +4 (+6 undead/ can percieve ethereal undead)
DM Azure_Zero wrote:

Once he got access, that was it.

No more need of diplomacy here unless you upset the locals

Know(undead) does not exist, the closest is Know(religion), and I am assuming your researching the whispering way, in which case you gain a +4 research bonus for doing the research here at the temple.

So it's knowledge rreligion then. for some reason I listed it as knowledge undead on my sheet. With the natural 20 and the +4 that would be a 31 total.


Male Half-Orc Sacred Servant of Iomedae HP128/128, AC30/17/27, F17/R14/W14, Init +3, Perception +12, CMB18/CMD34
ActiveSpells:
Blessing of the Watch, Protection Aura in 20ft Azreal, Spl Imun3BAB+23+2 AC/+1 Saves Azreal

Nat 20!


Rhia Van der Geist:
DC 10: The Whispering Way is a sinister
organization of necromancers that has been active in the
Inner Sea region for thousands of years.

DC 15: Agents of the Whispering Way often
seek alliances with undead creatures, or are themselves
undead. The Whispering Way’s most notorious member
was Tar-Baphon, the Whispering Tyrant, although the
society itself has existed much longer than even that
mighty necromancer.

DC 20: The Whispering Way itself is a series of
philosophies that can only be transferred via whispers—
the philosophies are never written or spoken of loudly,
making the exact goals and nature of the secretive
philosophy difficult for outsiders to learn much about.

DC 25: Exact details on the society are difficult
to discern, but chief among the Whispering Way’s goals are
discovering formulae for creating liches and engineering
the release of the Whispering Tyrant. Agents often travel
to remote sites or areas plagued by notorious haunts
or undead menaces to perform field research or even to
capture unique monsters. Their symbol is a gagged skull,
and those who learn too many of the Way’s secrets are
often murdered, and their mouths mutilated to prevent
their bodies from divulging secrets via speak with dead


Male Half-Orc Sacred Servant of Iomedae HP128/128, AC30/17/27, F17/R14/W14, Init +3, Perception +12, CMB18/CMD34
ActiveSpells:
Blessing of the Watch, Protection Aura in 20ft Azreal, Spl Imun3BAB+23+2 AC/+1 Saves Azreal

Leaving Rhia to her research, though if her mannerisms and smile were an.indicator, she was having some success. Daniel decides to impress upon the Father again, A moment if you will, Father. I would ask if you knew of any mages in town of skill and steady heart. My companions and I have a most puzzling issue and I fear we need something of a scholar with talent in matters arcane. Would you know if there was someone?


rubbing his chin with his index finger
"Well, there is Jominda Fallenbridge the local alchemist who runs Jominda’s Apothecary
and Alendru Ghoroven a retired wizard and owner of the The Unfurling Scroll.
That's pretty much it as this is a small farm town."


Male Half-Orc Sacred Servant of Iomedae HP128/128, AC30/17/27, F17/R14/W14, Init +3, Perception +12, CMB18/CMD34
ActiveSpells:
Blessing of the Watch, Protection Aura in 20ft Azreal, Spl Imun3BAB+23+2 AC/+1 Saves Azreal

Any help IS most appreciated. Could you give me directions?


Father Grimbrow:
he gives Daniel the directions he needs

"Hope you get the answers your looking for."


Male Half-Orc Sacred Servant of Iomedae HP128/128, AC30/17/27, F17/R14/W14, Init +3, Perception +12, CMB18/CMD34
ActiveSpells:
Blessing of the Watch, Protection Aura in 20ft Azreal, Spl Imun3BAB+23+2 AC/+1 Saves Azreal

Thankyou, father.
Daniel returns to Rhia, Any luck?


Male Half-Orc Sacred Servant of Iomedae HP128/128, AC30/17/27, F17/R14/W14, Init +3, Perception +12, CMB18/CMD34
ActiveSpells:
Blessing of the Watch, Protection Aura in 20ft Azreal, Spl Imun3BAB+23+2 AC/+1 Saves Azreal

Rhia?


Half-Elf Spirit Ranger 7 (HP 60/60; F+7, R+7, W+4 (+1 vs. Arcane); AC 18, Touch 12, FF 16; Perception +14, Sense Motive +2, Initiative +2)

FYI, I'm still here. Just out of the picture at the moment.


Female Human Oracle of Ancestors 1; 10/10 HP; AC:13 [17] Touch 13 FF 10 [14]; F +2 R +2 W +4 (+5 fear); Init +2; Perception +4 (+6 undead/ can percieve ethereal undead)

Distracted by her reading, Rhia doesn't hear Daniel at first.

"Sorry I didn't hear you enter. Yes there is much about the Whispering way here."

She sits back, showing the Paladin the passages and cross references.

Read the spoiler


Father Grimbrow:

"Knowledge is a double edged sword and can influence people.
So be wise in how far you look into things, before it consumes you."

Grand Lodge

Male Human Rogue/1

"Speaking of consuming; all of this boring research has certainly made me want to consume some alcohol. You would've happen to have any holy wine around Father Grimbrow that needs to be drunk before it goes bad?", Mat says with a wide grin. He stands arching his back as he reaches high into the air with a groan.


Male Half-Orc Sacred Servant of Iomedae HP128/128, AC30/17/27, F17/R14/W14, Init +3, Perception +12, CMB18/CMD34
ActiveSpells:
Blessing of the Watch, Protection Aura in 20ft Azreal, Spl Imun3BAB+23+2 AC/+1 Saves Azreal

If it's drink you desire Mat, I'm buying tonight, but we need to find anything we can specifically about the layout of Harrowstone, then we need to speak to one of these Mages.


Half-Elf Spirit Ranger 7 (HP 60/60; F+7, R+7, W+4 (+1 vs. Arcane); AC 18, Touch 12, FF 16; Perception +14, Sense Motive +2, Initiative +2)

Janos is shown into the temple library where he finds the other three sitting among stacks and stacks of books. He looks around appreciatively. "Well, I found a little more about the Whispering Way, but not as much as I had hoped. It seems the Professor kept most of his plans in his own head. Looks like this is a far more extensive library than the Professor has. You find anything useful?"

Janos listens to what Rhia has uncovered. He nods, saying "That meshes well with what I found too." He leans close to Daniel and whispers to him.

Daniel:

[b]"Should we ask Father Grimburrow about the list of those killed in the fire? And what about the 'false crypt' the Professor mentioned? Do you think he would know?"


Male Half-Orc Sacred Servant of Iomedae HP128/128, AC30/17/27, F17/R14/W14, Init +3, Perception +12, CMB18/CMD34
ActiveSpells:
Blessing of the Watch, Protection Aura in 20ft Azreal, Spl Imun3BAB+23+2 AC/+1 Saves Azreal

For some reason, Janos, i click your spoiler and nothing happens


Half-Elf Spirit Ranger 7 (HP 60/60; F+7, R+7, W+4 (+1 vs. Arcane); AC 18, Touch 12, FF 16; Perception +14, Sense Motive +2, Initiative +2)

Hmm, you're right. Let's try again.

Daniel:

"Should we ask Father Grimburrow about the list of who died in the fire or about the 'false crypt'? Do you think the Professor confided in him?"


Male Half-Orc Sacred Servant of Iomedae HP128/128, AC30/17/27, F17/R14/W14, Init +3, Perception +12, CMB18/CMD34
ActiveSpells:
Blessing of the Watch, Protection Aura in 20ft Azreal, Spl Imun3BAB+23+2 AC/+1 Saves Azreal

Hearing the whispered suggestion Daniel gives a slight shake of his head. His first instinct was indeed to involve the Church, but then he WAS a cleric and thus biased. The professor was a far more intelligent man than he and had far more research done before he'd made his move. No. They needed to sought out the professor's steps first, before setting a new path.

Not yet.


Male Half-Orc Sacred Servant of Iomedae HP128/128, AC30/17/27, F17/R14/W14, Init +3, Perception +12, CMB18/CMD34
ActiveSpells:
Blessing of the Watch, Protection Aura in 20ft Azreal, Spl Imun3BAB+23+2 AC/+1 Saves Azreal

Daniel waits for the cleric to leave and quickly says, Lets shift our research towards the building itself. Perhaps we can discover a layout before we head to find a mage.

Aid another for research1d20 ⇒ 11


Half-Elf Spirit Ranger 7 (HP 60/60; F+7, R+7, W+4 (+1 vs. Arcane); AC 18, Touch 12, FF 16; Perception +14, Sense Motive +2, Initiative +2)

"Agreed. We should find out as much about the prison as possible."

Don't know what knowledge skill that would be.

201 to 250 of 788 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / AZsCarrionCrown_Act:I All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.