Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


AZ's Carrion Crown AP (Inactive)

Game Master Azure_Zero

Going to run all six modules for the Carrion Crown AP.


601 to 650 of 788 << first < prev | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | next > last >>

Father Grimbrow:
"How your back,
so was the false crypt real?
and if so what did it have stashed?
as I'm curious."


Half-Elf Spirit Ranger 7 (HP 60/60; F+7, R+7, W+4 (+1 vs. Arcane); AC 18, Touch 12, FF 16; Perception +14, Sense Motive +2, Initiative +2)

"The crypt itself was easy to find, but we got more than we bargained for on the way back." Janos holds up the stinking armor. "Can we go inside to talk? We did find some items in the crypt which you might be interested in."


Father Grimbrow:
he opens the door and lets you all in, and leads to to an area where you all can sit and talk.
"I think I'm in for quite the story."


Half-Elf Spirit Ranger 7 (HP 60/60; F+7, R+7, W+4 (+1 vs. Arcane); AC 18, Touch 12, FF 16; Perception +14, Sense Motive +2, Initiative +2)

Janos takes a seat, dropping into it exhausted. "We found the crypt with little issue. Inside a false tomb, we found these." He pulls out the supplies from his pack, including the darkwood case. "We didn't open the case yet. We weren't sure what the symbol meant and what might be inside."

He sits back and recounts the exit from the crypt. "Once we were ready to return, we exited the crypt and then we heard some strange chanting. After that all hell broke loose. Zombies and skeletons seemed to rise from everywhere and a Hecuva was leading them along with a warrior of some sort. We barely made it to the gates of the Restlands when we met up with Tina and Alkaid. They helped us fend off the pack of undead, but it wasn't easy."


Male Half-Orc Sacred Servant of Iomedae HP128/128, AC30/17/27, F17/R14/W14, Init +3, Perception +12, CMB18/CMD34
ActiveSpells:
Blessing of the Watch, Protection Aura in 20ft Azreal, Spl Imun3BAB+23+2 AC/+1 Saves Azreal

That's it. This sword and shield and the armor were taken.from the undead. I would suggest you send some acolytes to gather the remains of the skeletons at first light. No need to panic anyone. I think this proves that something bad is happening. Given what we have found, I believe we do need to investigate Harrowstone. I would respectfully request any assistance the Church of Pharasma can provide to aid our cause. I would draw upon my own church normally but I am farfrom home and I would guess the need to combat this undead.threat is urgent. Respectfully, Brother.


Father Grimbrow:
with a concerned look
"Indeed it is troubling. I'll be sending some acolytes to check over and watch the restlands.
as for assistance, You'll have it."


Half-Elf Spirit Ranger 7 (HP 60/60; F+7, R+7, W+4 (+1 vs. Arcane); AC 18, Touch 12, FF 16; Perception +14, Sense Motive +2, Initiative +2)

"Father, do you know anything about this case or the symbol drawn upon it?" Janos shows him the slim darkwood case with the Eye symbol carved into it.


Father Grimbrow:
"Sorry, I don't know the symbol,
and I don't know what's in the box."


Half-Elf Spirit Ranger 7 (HP 60/60; F+7, R+7, W+4 (+1 vs. Arcane); AC 18, Touch 12, FF 16; Perception +14, Sense Motive +2, Initiative +2)

Janos nods. "Then the only thing is to open it. If it was placed there by Pharasma priests, then hopefully it won't hurt us." The ranger opens the wooden case on the table.


Janos opens the box and sees it contains
a board with letters with a brass planchette, and four iron and glass vials containing tiny, churning clouds of vapor.


Father Grimbrow:
seeing the contents
"Looks like a spirit board with a brass spirit planchette, and 4 haunt siphons."


Half-Elf Spirit Ranger 7 (HP 60/60; F+7, R+7, W+4 (+1 vs. Arcane); AC 18, Touch 12, FF 16; Perception +14, Sense Motive +2, Initiative +2)

Janos looks at Grimburrow with obvious confusion on his face. "What is a Spirit Board and Haunt Siphons? What do you do with them?"


Father Grimbrow:
"haunt siphons work on haunts and can remove them.
The spirit board and spirit planchette are a type of divination tool."


Female Human Oracle of Ancestors 1; 10/10 HP; AC:13 [17] Touch 13 FF 10 [14]; F +2 R +2 W +4 (+5 fear); Init +2; Perception +4 (+6 undead/ can percieve ethereal undead)

Tred from the battle, Rhia sits quietly as Daniel and Janos relate the events of the evening.

As the spirit board is revealed Rhia searches her memory for any reference to such a device.
Knowledge Religion1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13
Knowledge Planes1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8


Male Half-Orc Sacred Servant of Iomedae HP128/128, AC30/17/27, F17/R14/W14, Init +3, Perception +12, CMB18/CMD34
ActiveSpells:
Blessing of the Watch, Protection Aura in 20ft Azreal, Spl Imun3BAB+23+2 AC/+1 Saves Azreal

Well, I guess our next step is to go to harrowstone? Further checking of the Proffessors notes could lead to nothing at all and given what happened tonight I would say we should act quickly. Someone raised those skeletons so it seems we do have necromancers in our midst.


Rhia you knwo that is allows communication with the local spirits.


Half-Elf Spirit Ranger 7 (HP 60/60; F+7, R+7, W+4 (+1 vs. Arcane); AC 18, Touch 12, FF 16; Perception +14, Sense Motive +2, Initiative +2)

I'm guessing it's more of a Religion check, but just in case...

Knowledge Arcana about the planchette 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8

Janos sits back and contemplates what has gone on. "Daniel, while I think you're right that Harrowstone should be our next stop, one of the Professor's books had the same symbol as the case holding the planchette. It was locked, but maybe we can unlock it. If whatever group associated with the symbol made this spirit board and the siphons, then they may also have notes on interacting with spirits and combating them."

He sighs. "But time does seem to be of the essence. Maybe Mat and I can get the book opened tonight and I can do some studying. Though I wouldn't mind a full night's sleep either. Whatever we do, though, we don't go to Harrowstone at night. That was foolhardy on our part."


Male Half-Orc Sacred Servant of Iomedae HP128/128, AC30/17/27, F17/R14/W14, Init +3, Perception +12, CMB18/CMD34
ActiveSpells:
Blessing of the Watch, Protection Aura in 20ft Azreal, Spl Imun3BAB+23+2 AC/+1 Saves Azreal

Agreed. I need to pray for more spells tomorrow anyway.


Female Human Oracle of Ancestors 1; 10/10 HP; AC:13 [17] Touch 13 FF 10 [14]; F +2 R +2 W +4 (+5 fear); Init +2; Perception +4 (+6 undead/ can percieve ethereal undead)

"If the spirit board allows communication across the veil, perhaps we can ask a few questions of The Professor himself." Rhia wonders aloud.


Male Half-Orc Sacred Servant of Iomedae HP128/128, AC30/17/27, F17/R14/W14, Init +3, Perception +12, CMB18/CMD34
ActiveSpells:
Blessing of the Watch, Protection Aura in 20ft Azreal, Spl Imun3BAB+23+2 AC/+1 Saves Azreal

IF we knew how to use it and it doesn't involve dark magic I would not be opposed!


Father Grimbrow:
"There is no Dark magic in the board or planchette, but I also know that using it does have some risk though."


Half-Elf Spirit Ranger 7 (HP 60/60; F+7, R+7, W+4 (+1 vs. Arcane); AC 18, Touch 12, FF 16; Perception +14, Sense Motive +2, Initiative +2)

"So we use it now? How do we know it will be the Professor who will answer?"


Father Grimbrow:
"Odds are you can't get the one, you wish to have answer you."


Male Half-Orc Sacred Servant of Iomedae HP128/128, AC30/17/27, F17/R14/W14, Init +3, Perception +12, CMB18/CMD34
ActiveSpells:
Blessing of the Watch, Protection Aura in 20ft Azreal, Spl Imun3BAB+23+2 AC/+1 Saves Azreal

So the spirit is random? Or perhaps tied to it's home. If we want the proffessor, then at his house would probably be our best chance for getting him, yes?


Father Grimbrow:
"You could say it does not pick anyone spirit,
but all the spirits in the area.
If the professor has moved on into the afterlife,
you won't be able to communicate with him."


Female Human Oracle of Ancestors 1; 10/10 HP; AC:13 [17] Touch 13 FF 10 [14]; F +2 R +2 W +4 (+5 fear); Init +2; Perception +4 (+6 undead/ can percieve ethereal undead)

In that case we need to consider the questions we wish to ask, and the place where the veil is thinnes for those that may be able to answer."


Male Half-Orc Sacred Servant of Iomedae HP128/128, AC30/17/27, F17/R14/W14, Init +3, Perception +12, CMB18/CMD34
ActiveSpells:
Blessing of the Watch, Protection Aura in 20ft Azreal, Spl Imun3BAB+23+2 AC/+1 Saves Azreal

In any case, it has been a long day. Let us return to our beds.. We can decide what to do in the morning.


Father Grimbrow:
"Using it near area's where the veil is thinnest could get you those that have moved on, but also those that corrupt souls,
as one of the founding laws of the world is "Everything is give and take" and you should remember it."


Half-Elf Spirit Ranger 7 (HP 60/60; F+7, R+7, W+4 (+1 vs. Arcane); AC 18, Touch 12, FF 16; Perception +14, Sense Motive +2, Initiative +2)

"I think we should be careful with that. With necromancers around, we don't know what kind of spirits they're working with."

Janos stands and nods to Father Grimburrow. "Well, thank you Father. We'll leave you for the evening. Kendra is probably worried sick and we all need to clean up and get some sleep."


Male Half-Orc Sacred Servant of Iomedae HP128/128, AC30/17/27, F17/R14/W14, Init +3, Perception +12, CMB18/CMD34
ActiveSpells:
Blessing of the Watch, Protection Aura in 20ft Azreal, Spl Imun3BAB+23+2 AC/+1 Saves Azreal

Ready to to the house ;)


you arrive back at the house, and you see dinner on the table, cold.


"Looks like she went to bed."


Male Half-Orc Sacred Servant of Iomedae HP128/128, AC30/17/27, F17/R14/W14, Init +3, Perception +12, CMB18/CMD34
ActiveSpells:
Blessing of the Watch, Protection Aura in 20ft Azreal, Spl Imun3BAB+23+2 AC/+1 Saves Azreal

I am not surprised. Though we did what needed to be done tonight, I am saddend we were not here this eve to comfort the grieving woman. All our trials are not.over in this, I feel.


"I think someone once said "It's Darkest before the Dawn" pity I can't remember who said it."


Half-Elf Spirit Ranger 7 (HP 60/60; F+7, R+7, W+4 (+1 vs. Arcane); AC 18, Touch 12, FF 16; Perception +14, Sense Motive +2, Initiative +2)

Janos picks at some of the cold food on the table. "I hope she's not angry at us for being late. One of us should at least tell her we're back. I'm going to see if I can find out more from the Professor's book. And then clean out this nasty armor."


Male Half-Orc Sacred Servant of Iomedae HP128/128, AC30/17/27, F17/R14/W14, Init +3, Perception +12, CMB18/CMD34
ActiveSpells:
Blessing of the Watch, Protection Aura in 20ft Azreal, Spl Imun3BAB+23+2 AC/+1 Saves Azreal

I will speak to her if she is awake, if not we should retire and discuss plans in the morning.

Daniel heads to her room and gently knocks. I shall have to clean this fine sword and the shield, see if any of the others wish to make use of them.

He arrives at the door and gently knocks, not loud enough to wake her.
Hello?


Half-Elf Spirit Ranger 7 (HP 60/60; F+7, R+7, W+4 (+1 vs. Arcane); AC 18, Touch 12, FF 16; Perception +14, Sense Motive +2, Initiative +2)

"Alkaid, if you have another healing spell, I think I could use one. That fight took quite a bit out of me."

Janos settles down to examine the book with the same inscription as the darkwood case holding the planchette. He asks Mat to see if he can unlock the book and if not, he'll try to break it open.


Male Half-Orc Sacred Servant of Iomedae HP128/128, AC30/17/27, F17/R14/W14, Init +3, Perception +12, CMB18/CMD34
ActiveSpells:
Blessing of the Watch, Protection Aura in 20ft Azreal, Spl Imun3BAB+23+2 AC/+1 Saves Azreal

If Alkaid does not, Daniel will cast cure light wounds on Janos, twice if needed.


"Oh, here you go."

she casts CLW on Janos.

Kendra's a sleep.


Male Half-Orc Sacred Servant of Iomedae HP128/128, AC30/17/27, F17/R14/W14, Init +3, Perception +12, CMB18/CMD34
ActiveSpells:
Blessing of the Watch, Protection Aura in 20ft Azreal, Spl Imun3BAB+23+2 AC/+1 Saves Azreal

With no reply coming from within Daniel lightly opens the door to confirm Kendra is within.
Seeing all is well, he heads to his room and retires for the night.

The next morning

Rising with the sun, Daniel sits up and breathes in a deep morning breath. He immediately falls to his knees and begins his prayers, asking Imodaes' guidence and strength and to forgive his fears and failings. He is sincere and his faith is rewarded as once again his mind is filled with her divine power. Channel refreshed, spells renewed

That done he set about some calisthetics and then cleaning/donning his armor and weapons.


Male Half-Orc Sacred Servant of Iomedae HP128/128, AC30/17/27, F17/R14/W14, Init +3, Perception +12, CMB18/CMD34
ActiveSpells:
Blessing of the Watch, Protection Aura in 20ft Azreal, Spl Imun3BAB+23+2 AC/+1 Saves Azreal

Spells prepared- Divine Favor, Bless, Sun Metal


Half-Elf Spirit Ranger 7 (HP 60/60; F+7, R+7, W+4 (+1 vs. Arcane); AC 18, Touch 12, FF 16; Perception +14, Sense Motive +2, Initiative +2)

"Thanks, Alkaid, I feel much better." Going to assume it gets me to full

Strength check to break open the lock 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14

That probably won't do it. I could use Mat to pick the lock.


What lock?


Half-Elf Spirit Ranger 7 (HP 60/60; F+7, R+7, W+4 (+1 vs. Arcane); AC 18, Touch 12, FF 16; Perception +14, Sense Motive +2, Initiative +2)

Manual of the Order of the Palatine Eye: The rich purple
cover contains a brass scarab set with a single eye in
its center. (this book has a lock on it)

This was the same design which was on the planchette case, right? Janos is assuming they are related and he wants to examine the book.


you don't open the lock.


Male Half-Orc Sacred Servant of Iomedae HP128/128, AC30/17/27, F17/R14/W14, Init +3, Perception +12, CMB18/CMD34
ActiveSpells:
Blessing of the Watch, Protection Aura in 20ft Azreal, Spl Imun3BAB+23+2 AC/+1 Saves Azreal

Checking in. Daniel is asleep.


Male Half-Orc Sacred Servant of Iomedae HP128/128, AC30/17/27, F17/R14/W14, Init +3, Perception +12, CMB18/CMD34
ActiveSpells:
Blessing of the Watch, Protection Aura in 20ft Azreal, Spl Imun3BAB+23+2 AC/+1 Saves Azreal

.


Half-Elf Spirit Ranger 7 (HP 60/60; F+7, R+7, W+4 (+1 vs. Arcane); AC 18, Touch 12, FF 16; Perception +14, Sense Motive +2, Initiative +2)

After being frustrated by the locked book, Janos sits and scrubs the armor they got from the undead champion. It was a fairly mindless task and he needed something mindless to allow him to process all the events of the day. They had suspected the Professor was investigating necromantic work, but they hadn't expected anything like last night's attack. What did you get yourself into, old man?

When he's finally done, the fire in the hearth has died down and the only sounds are the faint snoring of his companions. He walks silently through the house, grabbing a chair as a he walks. He sits down on the patio of the house and soaks in the night air with the twinkling stars above. Here, he finally finds a measure of peace, the ever-present whispers creating a low buzzing in his ears. I wonder what Naucielka is doing?

When the group wakes, they find Janos still out on the porch. He's still sitting in the chair with his feet propped up, fast asleep.


Alkaid she the sleeping Janos in the morning and wakes him up
"Good morning, Me and the girls prepared breakfast.
So get it while it's warm."

Janos you realise how cold it is in the morning and during the night


Half-Elf Spirit Ranger 7 (HP 60/60; F+7, R+7, W+4 (+1 vs. Arcane); AC 18, Touch 12, FF 16; Perception +14, Sense Motive +2, Initiative +2)

Janos opens his eyes to the sight of Alkaid standing over him. "Well, that's not a bad way to wake up." He sits up surprised at the light in the sky. Then he shivers with cold. "I must have fallen asleep back here. I was just sitting and enjoying the night. But let's get inside. Some food and tea sound wonderful right now." He wraps his cloak tightly around him and then heads in for breakfast. He makes no attempt to hide his elven ears.

Janos east some bread and tea while waiting for the others to rise.

601 to 650 of 788 << first < prev | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / AZsCarrionCrown_Act:I All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.