Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


AZ's Broadened Horizons G2 (Inactive)

Game Master Azure_Zero

A PBP game where the characters are Randomly generated

Map


401 to 450 of 1,436 << first < prev | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | next > last >>

Female Human (Ulfen) Fighter (Thunderstriker) 2

Ava takes each item from Malgrim's body and lays them out on the judge's desk. "Anyone recognize any of these?" She pours out the pouch containing the teeth onto the desk too.

I can't quite get the armor off the way he's hanging, but I doubt it's of any consequence."

Way more than I expected!


Female Human Monk of the Four Winds

"It's nothing regarding this case that I forgave him for, It's... It's a sensitive subject to me and I do not wish to talk about it."
Teresa voice grows weaker and towards the end it's almost a whisper and only Pharysene could hear it.

Teresa quickly tries to change the subject and asked Eliannador,
"You say Malgrim killed the judge? When did I miss this?"


Female Human (Ulfen) Fighter (Thunderstriker) 2

"You didn't. Not necessarily. The Witch knows things she shouldn't." Avalerdis makes a face at Eliannador, looking like a cross between a smile and a sneer. Turning back to Teresa, she continues.

"We don't actually know Malgrim killed the judge, but we suspect he did. First, the judge was killed with an identical chain. Second, the last time we were in here, the judge's undead dog attacked Malgrim and he made a comment about having to put it down 'again'. Third, we know Malgrim was a criminal and he was blackmailing or forcing several of the jurors to vote Mord guilty. But like I said, we don't know he killed the judge."


retired

"Maybe he did, maybe he didn't. Mord certainly thought he was guilty of something." Eliannador's gaze drifts up from Avalerdis to Malgrim, the gentle sway of his body and creek of the chain send visible chills down her back. "If we aren't going to get him down, then can we leave this room? I'd rather not be here if Mord comes back to enjoy his handiwork."


Female Human Monk of the Four Winds

"If what Avalerdis say is true, then this might not be the work of Mord, but the judge that Malgrim, may or may not have killed. I don't think it's save to assume it's just Mord at work here."

Perception check:

I would like to see if there's anything else in this room worth my time to take a deeper look at, a piece of letter, message carved on a wall, anything worth noticing.
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20

Perception Succeed:

If Teresa succeed and there's something to look at, she'll address it to the others and approach it.

Otherwise, she'll walk out the room as if there's nothing else worth staying for.

Perception Failed:

Teresa walk out the room as if there's nothing else worth staying for.


@Teresa
their is nothing


Human (Tian) Cleric 2

"Perhaps when we've found a way out of here," Lao says. "We'll be able to get Malgrim's body down for a proper burial. For now, I pray his soul finds its reward in the next realm." He briefly waves his hands before the dangling corpse.

"As for the living, I suggest we stick together. Don't want any more unfortunate accidents when we're separated."


retired

Eliannador follows everyone from the macabre scene, at some point falling into step alongside Avalerdis again. Worry is writ plain across her porcelain like face.


Female Human Monk of the Four Winds

"If I'm not mistaken Mord died in this courthouse right? Should we, like, visit the room where Mord died in?"

Diplomacy check:

1d20 ⇒ 4
To convince them to visit the room where Mord died in

Teresa said nervously to everyone, especially at the jurors.

"I dunno if it's just me, but isn't it obvious whatever wants us here, probably won't let us out, unless we get to the bottom of these mysterious murders and supernatural undead dog and whatnot. I mean if there's anything to be found, it's probably there? Right peeps?"

As she said all these, she's specifically looked at and only at the jurors. She tries to see if any of them have any reaction, at the mention of visiting the room where Mord died in.

Perception check:

1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25
To check if any of the juror's facial expression change at the mention of visiting the room Mord died.


it's a mixed batch of emotions.


Human (Tian) Cleric 2

"I'm sorry, Teresa, but I think you misunderstood. Mord was hanged from the gallows outside the courthouse. However, I'm sure we'll be able to find more information about his conviction in this building."

Lao heads back into the hallway and walks to the door that's north of the door to the judge's chambers on the east side of the building.


Killian
in his british accent
"Sorry to say it lad,
but the Gallows are in the courthouse,
no outside of it."


Human (Tian) Cleric 2

"My mistake then, sorry Teresa. You wouldn't know where the gallows are, Killian? Searching there first is a good idea."


Updated Overview Map


Killian
in his british accent
"I think it's through there."
he points to a door on the eastern side
"No wait, it might be that one."
he points to another door on the eastern side.
then with a "I'm sorry" face
"Sorry, Lad, but I can't remember which door.
as I did drink a bit during my jury duties."


Female Human Monk of the Four Winds

"Well I dunno where, where is. So... What's next? Where should we go?"

Teresa asked everyone, she doesn't feel confident at her ability to lead. Or perhaps, she doesn't want to lead people to their death.


Female Human (Ulfen) Fighter (Thunderstriker) 2

"Well luckily I know how to solve this. We try one door and then the other." Ava picks the southernmost door on the east side, walks up and opens it.


was hoping you'd try the northern one's first.


Human (Tian) Cleric 2

We're PCs. We've got to be contrary that way.

Lao waits while Avalerdis opens the door.


Female Human Monk of the Four Winds

Teresa follows Avalerdis closely, almost next to her and Eliannador.


retired

Eliannador nods coolly to Teresa, comforted slightly by her presence in this terrible place. She offers a nod to Lao as well.


Killian
in his british accent
"You try that one, I'll try this one."
at the northern most door on the eastern side.


Female Sylph Bard (Dervish Dancer) L1 | AC 16 (T13F13) CMD14 | hp 8/8 | Saves: F0R5W2 | Percep +0 | STATUS: Normal

Curious as to why Killian would break formation, when no one had before, Pharysene follows along after him.


Killian
he opens the door

in his british accent
"Oh my, it's the lowe.
No wonder I was pulled this way.
I needed to go.
Oh, pardon my language."

he goes in and closes the door for a moment
and rejoins the group in a minute.


Updated Overview Map

Ava open the door and it leads to a hallway.


Female Human Monk of the Four Winds

"There seems to be a door to the left, should we go there?"

Teresa asked the group. As Killian rejoined the group, she asked him where he went,

"Where did you went? I was scared that we might hear another scream, and we find your dead body hanging on a chain."


retired

Eliannador lets out a soft chuckle after Killian comes back out from behind the door, and comments just loud enough for those next to her to hear, "Well, at least Mord or whatever malicious force that's hunting us didn't drown him in his own urine."


nah, I think Mord thinks it's to messy a death.
Or respects a persons need to go,
before he kills them so their is less of a mess to clean up.


retired

Oh - how thoughtful of him! Mord, the thoughtful-of-the-survivors and yet still murderously insane ghost. Casper's younger half-brother, perhaps?


Human (Tian) Cleric 2

Yes, let's try the first door on the left," Lao says.

I suppose even ghosts have their limits.


Female Sylph Bard (Dervish Dancer) L1 | AC 16 (T13F13) CMD14 | hp 8/8 | Saves: F0R5W2 | Percep +0 | STATUS: Normal

Pharysene colors at the sight behind the door, then quickly makes her way back to the others.
"Yes. Well. It was a dead end after all."


Female Human (Ulfen) Fighter (Thunderstriker) 2

Ava steps into the hallway with some trepidation. She looks down the hall, but then looks at the door directly to her left. She looks at Lao and nods. "Let's just take them one at a time." She opens the door on the left.


I'll get the map up at lunch


Room 15

This open-air chamber resembles a large cage.
On the other side of the bars lies a dug-up
potter’s field where the bodies of criminals rest
in unmarked graves. Beyond, the wind-blasted
desolation of Beldrin’s Bluff beckons. Cracked
buildings slump against each other in the
distance, many already collapsed into piles of
rubble. Shadows move between the old stores
and dance in the broken maws of their cracked
front windows. For a second, a few pairs of red
eyes peek out from the inky black, only to be
swallowed up again. The cage here is empty
save a stocks, where painfully hobbled criminals
wallowed to the joy of onlookers, who spent
their own frustrations by hurling rotting fruit at
the accused. Suddenly, a moaning issues forth
from the dug-up graves and bloated rotting
fingers reach up and claw toward freedom.
Six corpses, nooses draped about their necks,
push to their feet and lumber toward the bars,
picking up stones as they come.


Female Human Monk of the Four Winds

2 questions, could I make a knowledge check on a none class skill knowledge check? If the first is yes then this is redundant, but I'll ask anyway, could I make a knowledge check if it's in my class skill, but I didn't put ranks in it?

If I can to the question above:

Knowledge Nature Check:1d20 - 1 ⇒ (15) - 1 = 14
Knowledge Religion Check:1d20 - 1 ⇒ (20) - 1 = 19

Dunno which one to use, could be monstrous humanoids, but very likely to be undead.

"Oh Irori damn it, urgh guys, we got a problem here."
Teresa addresses the group to pay attention to the figure across the room.


nope, you need ranks or a class feature that allows it.
I'll only allow untrained checks if it's absolutely critical.


Female Human (Ulfen) Fighter (Thunderstriker) 2

Ava stares as the corpses rise from their graves. Her jaw moves from side to side, seemingly in thought. The Ulfen woman lifts her hammer and begins to take a step forward when she stops. Think, girl, think! What would Torag do? She looks at the door in front of her and then at the bars between them and the corpses.

"Back up! If they can even make it through those bars...We'll hold them here, at the door. Teresa, stay close. If something happens, you might need to keep them from killing the others. Everyone else, stay behind us."

Avalerdis draws a throwing axe and she waits until the corpses are trying to pass through the bars before hurling it at the closest one.

Ready action to throw axe when they pass through the bars.


Human (Tian) Cleric 2

"Ladies, I suggest we stand to each side of the door so they can't throw the rocks at us." Lao readies his mace and shield.


Female Human Monk of the Four Winds

"Right, thanks for reminding us about the rock."

Teresa thank Lao, but she stayed facing the corpse and readily her fist and ready for the worst.

[spoiler=Initiative?]
Not sure if we need initiative yet, but I'll roll mine now
Initiative:1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12


retired

Eliannador heeds Avalerdis' suggestion and gets behind her. As she draws her longbow off her shoulder, she lightly touches the Ulfen woman's shoulder. Her touch is slightly cool, and a tiny tingling chill remains for a moment after her hand is drawn away. (cast guidance, +1 to 1 skill check or attack roll within the next minute)
"If it comes to it, don't miss!"


Female Sylph Bard (Dervish Dancer) L1 | AC 16 (T13F13) CMD14 | hp 8/8 | Saves: F0R5W2 | Percep +0 | STATUS: Normal

Pharysene carefully steps back, readying her sling...


Female Human (Ulfen) Fighter (Thunderstriker) 2

Avalerdis jumps at the touch of the Witch on her. She turns to look at Eliannador, makes an odd face, but then she turns her attention back to the corpses.

Initiative if needed 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18


GM:
1d4 ⇒ 2

1d5 ⇒ 1
1d5 ⇒ 2

1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14

Suddenly two manacles come alive and nearly chain Teresa,
but do chain Ava.


Female Human (Ulfen) Fighter (Thunderstriker) 2

"What?! Where did these come from?!" Avalerdis struggles with the manacles, dropping her earthbreaker and throwing axe. "Witch! Did you do this to me?!" She strains against the manacles with all her might, but to no avail.

Burst check 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9


Human (Tian) Cleric 2

"I hope someone knows how to get those unlocked," Lao says as he steps between the approaching corpses and the shackled Avalerdis.


retired

"My doing?! I'm trying to help. You obviously overestimate both my abilities and my willingness to put myself in jeopardy. Now quit straining against those chains like a feeble old man and act like an Ulfen!"

Avalerdis, don't forget you can apply the +1 from guidance to your burst/escape artist check if you would like

Standard Action Burst/Escape Artist (aid another): 1d20 ⇒ 15 (+3 if Escape Artist)


Female Human (Ulfen) Fighter (Thunderstriker) 2

Avalerdis glares at Ellianndor, but says nothing. Instead she tries to break the bonds again, yelling out in rage as she strains at them.

Burst check 1d20 + 3 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 3 + 1 + 2 = 19

DC to break these is pretty high. She might not be able to do it without taking 20, which would count her out from combat.


The undead start throwing stones

Ava 1d2 ⇒ 1
Doc 1d2 ⇒ 1
Teresa 1d2 ⇒ 1
Pharysene 1d2 ⇒ 1
Eliannador 1d2 ⇒ 1

the Ava's manacles slam her
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14
1d6 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8

the other manacles go to grab
1d5 ⇒ 5 Eliannador
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11 and miss

Ava 9 damage
Doc 1 damage
Teresa 1 damage
Pharysene 1 damage
Eliannador 1 damage

and after it's attack Ava breaks free.


Female Human Monk of the Four Winds

"Argh, damn them, I can't reach them if they are behind the bars!"

Teresa shouts out in a fit of rage. Then glanze over at what happen to Ava.

"Hey are you ok?"


Female Human (Ulfen) Fighter (Thunderstriker) 2

Ava doubles over in pain as the manacles slam into her. She manages to catch her foot on top of the chain and with a growl, she snaps the bonds. Holding her side in pain, she grits her teeth and picks up her throwing axe. With a shout, she hurls it at the closest undead figure.

Throwing Axe 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18
Damage 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

Only then does she turn to Teresa, "I'm fine!" She looks at the manacles to see if they're still moving.

401 to 450 of 1,436 << first < prev | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / AZ's Broadened Horizons G2 - Game All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.