Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

AZ's Broadened Horizons G2 (Inactive)

Game Master Azure_Zero

A PBP game where the characters are Randomly generated

Map


251 to 300 of 1,436 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>

Tran Duc Lao:
The judge was garroting with a spiked chain (still there) and it's like the one Malgrim has.


Human (Tian) Cleric 2

"Well, Malgrim," Lao says while removing the spiked chain from the skeleton's neck. "I suppose we're just supposed to assume it's a coincidence that the beast went after you when his master was killed with a weapon you favor. And since you didn't bother to answer me, we should assume both master and hound were alive the first time you put the dog down."

Diplomacy 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10 and Sense Motive to evaluate Malgrim's reply 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18


Female Human (Ulfen) Fighter (Thunderstriker) 2

Ava kicks at the bones of the skeletal dog. She looks through the remains for anything of note and then looks at Malgrim. "You killed this judge?!"


Malgrim
chomping his cigar and puffing some smoke in Doc's face
"Now the question is was it a copy cat, or did I copied him, Little Man."


GM notes:
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20

Doc you can't tell if he is lying or not.


Human (Tian) Cleric 2

"I'll say this once," Lao says to Malgrim. "I have enjoyed as much of the smoke from your malodorous weeds as I care to inhale. There's no need to proceed all of your replies with a cloud of smoke. I may be smaller than you and I have followed the healer's path, but I've been a healer long enough to know where to hit you so it will hurt."


Malgrim
with a grin on his face
"Looks like the Little man has balls after all."


Human (Tian) Cleric 2

"Now that we have that out of the way," Lao says. He then turns his attention to any of the other jurors who may be in the room. Lao points to the skeleton and asks, "Could any of you tell us who this was in life? It appears he was a judge, but why would his body be left in his chambers?"

Diplomacy 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16


Female Human (Ulfen) Fighter (Thunderstriker) 2

"Answer him," Ava tells the group of jurors. "We're not getting out of here unless we figure out what's going on. And as the group to sent Mord to his death, it seems like something wants you to answer for your choice."


Female Sylph Bard (Dervish Dancer) L1 | AC 16 (T13F13) CMD14 | hp 8/8 | Saves: F0R5W2 | Percep +0 | STATUS: Normal

While the others dealt with that unpleasant fellow, (Malgrim was it?), Pharysene drifted over to the ornate desk and skeleton in a chair.
She carefully examines the desks decorations and drawers.
Are there any papers/books? Is there any evidence on the skeleton of injury? Any magic items?
She takes her time with it. She takes 10.
Perception: 10 + 3 = 13


Pharysene finds a letter on the desk, and it looks like it was interupted

Letter.

the desk has a potion of lesser restoration, potion of bear’s endurance, a potion of cure moderate wounds, and masterwork dagger rests in an ornate emerald-and-silver sheath in his desk.


Female Human (Ulfen) Fighter (Thunderstriker) 2

Ava reads the letter over Pharysene's shoulder. He looks up with indignation in her eyes. "So this confirms it! Mord was innocent! And this man was ready to confess his role in the matter when he was killed. Who is this Silman Trabe?"


Female Sylph Bard (Dervish Dancer) L1 | AC 16 (T13F13) CMD14 | hp 8/8 | Saves: F0R5W2 | Percep +0 | STATUS: Normal

Pharysene looks on with interest as the letter flutters gently in unseen breezes, waiting for the answer to Avalerdis' question.


Sir Rekkart
"Silman Trabe was the judge in Mord's case, and That letter is not proof enough that Mord was innocent, I would need more hard evidence."


Female Human (Ulfen) Fighter (Thunderstriker) 2

"If Trabe was the judge in Mord's case, then who is this man? Another judge?


Sir Rekkart
"Yes, he is another judge. Judge Rayndros Felgor."


Female Human (Ulfen) Fighter (Thunderstriker) 2

"And that was his courtroom back there?" Ava waves to the wrecked courtroom they just came from. "Then where is Trabe's office? Perhaps we can find out more about what happened in his office."


Sir Rekkart
"Trabe's Office was next to the courtroom we all awoke in"


Human (Tian) Cleric 2

"As a guess, I'd say Trabe's office is through the door north of the room we woke up in. Let's go over and see what we can find." Lao walks to the door to the east.


Female Sylph Bard (Dervish Dancer) L1 | AC 16 (T13F13) CMD14 | hp 8/8 | Saves: F0R5W2 | Percep +0 | STATUS: Normal

Pharysene gathers up the letter, potions and dagger.
Since we seem to be the only ones not connected to the past events holding us here, she will discreetly show them to Avalerdis and Tran.


Human (Tian) Cleric 2

"Is that blood on the letter? Why would someone who was garroted bleed? Maybe Malgrim is right and Felgor's murderer is trying to frame him."


Female Human (Ulfen) Fighter (Thunderstriker) 2

"Maybe it's blood from the dog. Though you could be right. Maybe someone has framed him." Ava throws a glance at Malgrim. Clearly she doesn't believe her own words.

"I think we should go see what Trabe's office holds."


Human (Tian) Cleric 2

"We need a lot more information before coming to any conclusions. Let's go to Trabe's office." Lao walks out the east door into the columned hallway. He heads across the hall to the door on the opposite (east) wall.


You all enter Room4

These simple quarters haven’t been used in
years. A plain oak desk stands near the back.
Several voluminous texts on Absalom law, all
gilt-edged and bound in leather, lay scattered
about in the room.

I'll get the Map up later, as I was Sick today.


Human (Tian) Cleric 2

Carefully making his way between the scattered books, Lao goes to the desk and starts methodically examining it. Taking 20 if it's allowed.

Perception 20 + 4 = 24


Female Human (Ulfen) Fighter (Thunderstriker) 2

While Lao examines the desk, Ava examines the books scattered around.

Take 20 if allowed as well.
Perception 20 + 1 = 21


Female Sylph Bard (Dervish Dancer) L1 | AC 16 (T13F13) CMD14 | hp 8/8 | Saves: F0R5W2 | Percep +0 | STATUS: Normal

Pharysene looks consideringly at Malgrim and Sir Rekkart, but elects to hold her counsel and follows after Avalerdis and Tran into [Room 4].
Having scored looking at the last desk, she will examine the desk here as well.
She takes 10 here too.
Perception: 10 + 3 = 13


I think we lost the wizard.


as you all look about the room,
suddenly all the books fly off their shelves and fly about.

1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22

Pharysene gets smacked by a book
1d4 ⇒ 2 non-lethal Damage


Human (Tian) Cleric 2

"Are you alright, Pharysene?" Lao asks. He looks about the room for whatever is causing the books to take flight. Perception 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14


Female Human (Ulfen) Fighter (Thunderstriker) 2

Ava deflects a couple of the books with her hammer. "Is this still the spirit of Mord doing this?" Since she can't see anything to attack, she takes a defensive stance.

Full Defense. AC goes to 23.


you may thought you heard a child laughing as the books went flying

when it settles down, you all hear one many book titled Punish the Guilty drop onto the desk, and open to a interesting passage that reads.
“We, entrusted with justice,
must be above reproach. Those who fail
to serve justice blindly shall reap what
they sow.”

Doc:
you find Among the books here is an old
papyrus scroll containing the following spells:
light, mage armor, magic missile, and shield.


Female Sylph Bard (Dervish Dancer) L1 | AC 16 (T13F13) CMD14 | hp 8/8 | Saves: F0R5W2 | Percep +0 | STATUS: Normal

The winds swirling around Pharysene manage to deflect several of the flying books, until one slams her in the head. She yips as she covers her head with her arms, then turns red with embarrassment.

Lao wrote:


"Are you alright, Pharysene?"

As the books settle down, she straightens up with what dignity she can muster.

"Yes, thank you Master Lao. It is nothing. Was someone laughing just now?" She frowns, wondering if it was the air spirits that swirled around her constantly; sometimes they laughed as well.


Human (Tian) Cleric 2

"I heard the laughter as well," Lao says. "Yet I don't think they're only playing pranks on us. Given what happened in this courthouse, I think the book thrower wanted us to read this passage about the duties of servants of justice. It looks like an oath for a judge or jury."

He then examines an interesting piece of papyrus he noticed among the books. Speaking just loud enough that Ava and Pharysene can hear Lao says, "Light, mage armor, magic missile, shield. These look like a spellcaster's notes. A mage might even be able to cast the spells from this scroll. Too bad Miss Somana has wandered off, she might be able to use this. I'll hold it until she rejoins us."

Rules Pondering:
Three of the four spells are arcane, thus my understanding is divine casters like Lao and the oracle can't use the scroll. Have I got that right?


Female Human (Ulfen) Fighter (Thunderstriker) 2

"I heard it too. Until you mentioned it, I thought i was just going crazy in this place."

She walks over to examine the book laying on the desk. "If this is Mord's spirit doing this, do you think it blames the judge for not serving justice?" She turns back to the group of jurors. "Do you know what happened to Trabe? I had expected to find his body here too."


@ doc, Right on the Money


The wizardess, has been missing for 3 weeks, so I'll give til friday to post or a new victim goes on the list.


Human (Tian) Cleric 2

Good call on missing player. A slight nag, but I don't think we've been given a map for this room yet.

"I'm not sure if it's Mord's spirit, the laughter sounded like a child to me. Wasn't one of the victims a child? Being slain as a child then having your father falsely convicted of the crime would weigh heavily on the soul." Lao stops poking around the desk. "I suppose there's nothing more to find in here. We should probably investigate the other rooms on this level."


Room 4

No one is noting the book?


Female Human (Ulfen) Fighter (Thunderstriker) 2

We read the passage. Are you asking if anyone is handling the book?


asking if anyone is noting the book out loud.


Human (Tian) Cleric 2

I'm a bit at a loss by what you mean by noting the book out loud since I've already mentioned it and summarized the passage in dialog, but I'll give it a shot.

Lao returns to the desk and looks at the passage it opened to again. He starts to read aloud, "'We, entrusted with justice, must be above reproach. Those who fail to serve justice blindly shall reap what they sow.'" He then closes the book carefully and notices the title on the spine. "Hmmmm... Punish the Guilty, a good idea if we could know who is really guilty."


I see it now, didn't the first time.


Female Sylph Bard (Dervish Dancer) L1 | AC 16 (T13F13) CMD14 | hp 8/8 | Saves: F0R5W2 | Percep +0 | STATUS: Normal

Pharysene glances over the sheet of papyrus that Tran turned up, but sees nothing interesting to her.


Female Human (Ulfen) Fighter (Thunderstriker) 2

"Well something is angry about the lack of justice." She throws glances at each of the former jury members. "Let's see what else is in this place."

Ava walks back out of the room and into the main room. "Where to now?"

Is that rubble at the north end of Room 1?


it's just some of the ceiling falling off at that spot.


Female Sylph Bard (Dervish Dancer) L1 | AC 16 (T13F13) CMD14 | hp 8/8 | Saves: F0R5W2 | Percep +0 | STATUS: Normal

Pharysene follows Avalerdis out into the main hallway.
"We seem to be gaining more reliable information from exploring these rooms than from those jurors. Let us continue to do so."
She points to the first unexplored door to the Northwest.
"What of this one?"
Suiting action to words (and Dangerously Curious), she approaches the door, waits for the others to set up, then opens it.


Human (Tian) Cleric 2

Lao follows Ava and Pharysene into the main hallway. He nods agreement with Pharysene's statement. "Yes, if we keep finding incriminating evidence, they may tell us the truth, eventually." Lao waits beside Phaysene at the northwest door.


Female Human (Ulfen) Fighter (Thunderstriker) 2

Ava nods in agreement as Pharysene heads to the northwest door. Wordlessly, she sets up in front of it. "Ready" She waits for the Sylph to open the door.


you open the door to room 6

This room contains one long oval-shaped
wooden table and twelve rickety, worn chairs.
Razor-thin shafts of moonlight peek through
one large window covered with rotting boards

I'll get the map up soon.

251 to 300 of 1,436 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / AZ's Broadened Horizons G2 - Game All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.