Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


AZ's Broadened Horizons G2 (Inactive)

Game Master Azure_Zero

A PBP game where the characters are Randomly generated

Map


101 to 150 of 1,436 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Taldor

Wizard(Primalist, Evocation)

All right time to let the dice roll
Will save; 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8


Female Changeling Sorceror (Oni/Blue Linnorm) 1

Will save 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (17) + 0 = 17


Female Sylph Bard (Dervish Dancer) L1 | AC 16 (T13F13) CMD14 | hp 8/8 | Saves: F0R5W2 | Percep +0 | STATUS: Normal

Will save: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5


Female Half-elf Bard 1

Will Save
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20


the grandfather clock goes berserk,
tolling and clanging dissonantly, assaulting
the sanity of listeners. Anyone hearing the
clock is violated by images of strangulation,
death, murder by axe, and other gruesome flashes,

Avalerdis Shield-Breaker
Somana
Pharysene Ssethan
take 1d4 ⇒ 3 Wis Damage

Taldor

Wizard(Primalist, Evocation)

Somana recoils in terror. Screaming she falls to the floor and quickly scurry's into the nearest corner, away from the diabolical timepiece. Where she sits repeating "GOD'S NO, PLEASE MAKE IT STOP". She rocks back and forth for several minuets, entirely inconsolable.


Female Sylph Bard (Dervish Dancer) L1 | AC 16 (T13F13) CMD14 | hp 8/8 | Saves: F0R5W2 | Percep +0 | STATUS: Normal

Pharysene reels back clutching her head. Violent gusts of wind whip around her and anyone around her, you hear faint shrieks and moaning amid the cacophany of the clock.


Female Human (Ulfen) Fighter (Thunderstriker) 2

"No! NO! Get Away!! Aaaahhh!" Avalerdis screams as she runs around the room evidently trying to flee from something, completely oblivious to anything else going on in the room.


Human (Tian) Cleric 2

Lao observes the clock's bizarre actions and his companion's panic. He takes a deep breath to center himself. Like Somana said earlier, the gods probably aren't doing this in response to our actions. Then he realizes what Somana just said in her panic. Make it stop. Good idea, but how? Qi Zhong forgive my lack of subtlety, but this might work. Lao pushes against the clock's side trying to topple it.

Strength Check 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13


Female Half-elf Bard 1

Linara hold her hands over her ears, a very obvious grimace on her face.

"What is it with this damned place?" she yells.


The clock goes silent.


Human (Tian) Cleric 2

Now that the clock has stopped making disturbing sounds, Lao will see what he can do to help the others come to their senses. He starts by going to Somana and gently laying a hand on her shoulder. "It's all right now," he says quietly. "The clock's stopped."


Female Human (Ulfen) Fighter (Thunderstriker) 2

Ava slowly stops her running, but her eyes seem glassy and unfocused. She suddenly drops to the ground, holding her head and moaning loudly. "Can we leave the haunted house, now?"


Female Sylph Bard (Dervish Dancer) L1 | AC 16 (T13F13) CMD14 | hp 8/8 | Saves: F0R5W2 | Percep +0 | STATUS: Normal

After the clock stops it's cacophany, Pharysene gradually calms down. The chaotic windstorm around her also dies down. Breathing deeply, she smooths her wind tossed hair to it's usual perfection.

Trembling slightly, she comments; "It seems the clock does not wish to be stopped."
She frowns in concentration, trying to decide how to proceed. It's hard to think clearly now, with the reverbrations still sounding in her head...


Female Changeling Sorceror (Oni/Blue Linnorm) 1

"The only mystery I'm worried about at this time is how we get out of here. What's with the clock, why are we here, these are all interesting, but I'd rather tackle them at my leisure. If everyone is otherwise ok, I suggest we head through those doors. " Llaris points to the doors to the west that Tran Duc Lao previously approached. "Let's keep an eye open for tripwires and the like, I don't know if these are traps or if the place is just haunted, but either way, be alert and let's take it slow."

Taldor

Wizard(Primalist, Evocation)

Somana rises to her wobbly feet, using Tran Duc Lao to steady herself.
Well that wasnt something Id care to repeat. Feel's someone is playing drums in my head. Getting out of here sounds like a fine idea


Female Human (Ulfen) Fighter (Thunderstriker) 2

Ava looks at the others and she gets back to her feet. She appears to have calmed down. "I guess we should see if there's another way out." She looks at the jurors. "Can I assume it didn't do that 10 years ago?"

DM:
Were any of the jurors affected by the clock?
Perception 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (16) - 1 = 15


GM notes:
Malgrim 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8
Sir Rekkart 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22
Tablark 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8
Killian 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20
Ebin 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9
Madge 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
Halgrak 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (14) + 0 = 14
Patrissa 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22

All, but 3 jury members have been shaken buy the clock; Sir Rekkart, Killian and Patrissa.


If you want info out of jury members you'll need Diplomacy or Intimiadate Checks.
Or know(local)


Human (Tian) Cleric 2

"I agree we should get out of here," Lao says. "Given my recent ill luck, it really is best if someone else leads the way." And while they're messing with the doors, he thinks, Maybe we can work on other methods of getting out of here.

Lao looks at the jurors and notice Tablark was shaken by the clock's strange actions. He walks up to the dwarf and says, "I think the foul spirit has passed for now. Why is it, you think, that a spirit would try to haunt us in this place?"

Diplomacy Roll:
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25


I'll assume you are talking to more than just the dwarf, as he does not know much, and I don't want to see a very good roll go to waste.


Human (Tian) Cleric 2

Yeah, if anyone else wants to chime in given how "convincing" Lao was, I'll accept. I picked on Tablark because he seemed like an easier mark being affected by the clock just after his show of bravado.


Halgrak
"Ok, I sent a man to his death because Malgrim was pressing me and I borrowed some money,
but the money was to feed my family and I did not cave to his demands and he cut off 5 of my toes.
Then Malgrim threatened to kill my family."


Ebin
"I just hated the Guy."


Madge
"Mord Killed my father, so I gave him his due."


Female Human (Ulfen) Fighter (Thunderstriker) 2

Ava rounds on the group of jurors. "You falsely sentenced a man to death?! As the jury you were supposed to uphold the law! Jarbin Mord was innocent?"

Without waiting for much of a reply, she walks right up to Malgrim. She towers over the Hobgoblin, holding her earthbreaker. "You forced someone to lie in a court of law. Why? What did you have against Mord?"

Intimidate 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21


You don't tower over him much he is 6 foot 6.


Female Human (Ulfen) Fighter (Thunderstriker) 2

Well, at least I'm taller.


Human (Tian) Cleric 2

And Ava has moral indignation on her side which adds a good four inches. Kind of like platform heels.

Taldor

Wizard(Primalist, Evocation)

Somana casts Enlarge Person on Ava as she starts to Intimidate the Hobgoblin.
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14
"Foolish goblin, I told you she was a Giantess."


Female Sylph Bard (Dervish Dancer) L1 | AC 16 (T13F13) CMD14 | hp 8/8 | Saves: F0R5W2 | Percep +0 | STATUS: Normal

Pharysene's eyes widen as she overhears the confessions. She turns and assumes a haughty look.
"The jury ... you jurors falsely convicted someone? Yes, that would make sense for you to be haunted. But why would I be so as well? I am sure I have not been on any jury; I would certainly have remembered such a case."


Female Changeling Sorceror (Oni/Blue Linnorm) 1

Llaris walks up to stand at Ava's side. She locks eyes with Malgrim momentarily, making it clear he doesn't face only Ava if things come to blows. She slowly turns her head toward Madge, considering her words. "Mord killed your father, you say?" she surveys all the jurors with her gaze, and asks "Did ANY of you convict the man because you ACTUALLY thought he was guilty?"


Somana wrote:

Somana casts Enlarge Person on Ava as she starts to Intimidate the Hobgoblin.

1d20+5
"Foolish goblin, I told you she was a Giantess."

Nice, I'll let it be cast and you can recast it later as if it weren't cast


Malgrim
he grins with his cigar smoking in his mouth
"Looks like you don't know Who I am."


Killian
in his british accent
"Since you chaps are not from here, I will tell you what I know of Malgrim,
He is the most wanted and powerful crook in the area, has a infamous reputation as a bloodthirsty killer who runs a gang called the Grindle Street Shades.
He is a fearsome cutthroat with a reputation for garroting with his spiked chain any who cross him."


Malgrim
giving a slightly pi*sed off look at Killian
"Thanks for telling them Mr F***en Pee-body."
with a toothy grin speaks
But now you know, Cross me and your going to regret it, as I am the biggest bad-a** their is."


Sir Rekkart
"I would arrest you right now,
If I only had proof malgrim."


Malgrim
with a devilish grin and cigar in hand
"That's what I like about you, Paly Boy.
You can't touch me, until you have proof beyond f***en witnesses and is undeniably connected to me."


Madge
"Mord killed my father because he was this place's executioner.
And when my father was sentenced here, Mord hanged him"


Human (Tian) Cleric 2

Lao approaches."While Sir Rekkart will adhere to the letter of the law, I'm not so sure about others," he says taking a quick glance in Ava's direction. "Now, what would a lowly executioner have done that would have earned the wrath of the dreaded leader of the Grindle Street Shades?"
Diplomacy 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15


Female Human (Ulfen) Fighter (Thunderstriker) 2

"I actually question that, Lao." She turns to Sir Rekkart. "What's your story, SIR?" Ava emphasizes the title harshly. "These people sentenced Mord to death falsely and you had no idea? Why did you vote for him to hang?"


Malgrim
"Me, it was nothing personal. It was a job and that's all I'll say."


Sir Rekkart
"I recall most of the trial in perfect clarity, though some parts are a blur.
And anyways I am was certain he was guilty."

Any Know(arcana) or Spellcraft checks.


Female Half-elf Bard 1

Spellcraft
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17

Linara's eyes flared up at Rekkart's comment.

"Alright, folks, I've been quiet thus far, mostly as I've been scared out of my wits. However, you," she points to Rekkart, "Mr. Lawman, Sir High and Noble, have pushed me to speak. I'm not one to lie and say I'm good friends with the law. Not everyone is and it happens. However, even my crooked views of life know a little bit of how things work. As I understand it, a man is not sentenced to death unless their accusors are sure, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that he is guilty. And now, you sit here doubting yourself if he was deserving of death or not?! It's obvious why your type and I never get along. You can't be trusted to make an honest decision!"

She begins to pace.

"It's no wonder the fella is mad at you. By the tankard, I think I agree with his thoughts and you deserve this haunting. Now we're here, because of you and your friends actions! Now if me and these other decent folk are stuck in here because of something you did, you better hope we get out of here safe and sound. If not, just know I'll find ya in Hell where I intend to give it a run for its money when it comes to handling your soul!"

She stops abruptly before almost collapsing, coming to rest against a nearby wall.


You need a 20 to get the DC


Human (Tian) Cleric 2

Spellcraft: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16

"Just a job that involved murder," Lao shakes his head and walks away from the jurors. "I guess we won't be getting anything useful out of you for a while. Perhaps we should look around for more clues to jog your memories."

Taldor

Wizard(Primalist, Evocation)

Spellcraft:
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24


Somana:
You know enchantment magic was used on the paladin.
The spells were likely charm person, and or suggestion.


Malgrim
with a toothy grin and smoke coming out as he talks
"Then he's a question for you Little man;
When a soldier kills another under orders is it murder,
When a mercenary unit is tasked to wipe out a bandit camp is it murder,
No they are all jobs."

he pauses to take a drag on his cigar.

"And for the record, I technically did not kill him"


Female Sylph Bard (Dervish Dancer) L1 | AC 16 (T13F13) CMD14 | hp 8/8 | Saves: F0R5W2 | Percep +0 | STATUS: Normal

Curiosity impells Pharysene to ask; "Well then, technically, what did kill him?"

101 to 150 of 1,436 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / AZ's Broadened Horizons G2 - Game All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.