Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

AZ's Broadened Horizons G2 (Inactive)

Game Master Azure_Zero

A PBP game where the characters are Randomly generated

Map


1,001 to 1,050 of 1,436 << first < prev | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | next > last >>

Female Sylph Bard (Dervish Dancer) L1 | AC 16 (T13F13) CMD14 | hp 8/8 | Saves: F0R5W2 | Percep +0 | STATUS: Normal

Pharysene looks on as the fight is over too quickly for her to intervene. She wraps her bladed scarf around her again.

She looks astonished at the armory contents, and agrees with Avalerdis' question.


Killian

in his british accent
"Holy Hot cakes, there is enough in here for a small army unit."


retired

Eliannador gives the revealed cache a critical eye before offering, "Does it matter why it's here? Apart from the potions, what good could any of that be against a bloodthirsty, muderous ghost?"


Human (Tian) Cleric 2

"Might not be of use to a ghost, but his earthly accomplice might make use of it," Lao says. "And I'm glad we found the cache before the accomplice got here with a need for it."


Female Human (Ulfen) Fighter (Thunderstriker) 2

Ava picks up one of the potions and one of the tanglefoot bags. "Well this could certainly be useful."

"So, are we done here?"


Human (Tian) Cleric 2

Lao takes one of the crossbows from the rack along with a quiver of bolts and one of the potions. "Miss Avalerdis," he says quietly. "May I suggest your taking the other crossbow. Not that you'd use it, but I'd rather not have it in the hands of the remaining jurors."


Killian

in his british accent
"I think only Sir Rekkart is the only original Jury member who can use one properly."


Female Tiefling Sorcerer 2

Crossbows are a "simple" weapon. Most anyone can use one. I have no martial training and I carry one. She shows that she has a light crossbow. I'll carry a potion and a tanglefoot bag. she announces. And a set of manacles. Who knows when we might need these...


Female Human (Ulfen) Fighter (Thunderstriker) 2

"And I think carrying an extra crossbow is a small price to ensure Sir Rekkart doesn't shoot one of us in the back." She grabs the crossbow at Lao's suggestion. "No offense, Sir. But we already suspect you were compromised during the trial. And we still have the possibility of Sveth infiltrating the group. I would prefer to take the precaution."


Female Sylph Bard (Dervish Dancer) L1 | AC 16 (T13F13) CMD14 | hp 8/8 | Saves: F0R5W2 | Percep +0 | STATUS: Normal

Pharysene ran a fingernail across the hidden hatchway and tried to think.
"But why? Why conceal a small armoury in this way? The building already had guards..."


Killian

in his british accent
"I think the mini-armory was for emergency use only."


"Its good that it is here because the situation we are in is an emergency!"

Chantilly grins despite their dire circumstance


retired

Anything telling about the corpse from Ava's earlier search of it?

Eliannador shakes her head in disappointment. "We could have found Abadar's own crossbow in there and I doubt it'd be much help against Mord. Has anyone found anything of note that might help us further identify Mord's true killer? If not, then I suggest we move on to other darker, dangerous pastures."


she was checking the cabinet

Avalerdis Shield-Breaker wrote:
Ava walks over to the cabinet the corpse was held inside. ...

so I take it your checking the corpse?


retired

earlier post w/ corpse inspection though now that I read through again this was just before the thing attacked.


it's a corpse with rotting clothes on

Are you checking the corpse?


Chantilly will search the corpse if Eliannador does not.


retired

Eliannador is done touching twice dead corpses! This one is all yours, Chantilly =)


When Chantilly is next to the corpse,
it gets up and attacks Chantilly.

attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18
damage: 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7
grapple: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13

Chantilly is not grappled.

Everyone else Will save.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

"Who failed to kill the corpse properly the last time?"

HP 6/13


inits please

1d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12

a know(religion) check can id the undead it is.

Nice one-liner


Female Tiefling Sorcerer 2

Initiative: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12

Will Save: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 16

No Knowledge Religion here.


Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18


retired

Will Save: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10
Initiative: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17

If able to act, healing hex vs whacky re-undead thing! 10 damage, Will Save DC 14 for 1/2

"Thrice dead! Make it thrice dead!


Chantilly should go before it and will rip it to pieces

Claw #1 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12
Damage 1d4 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9

Claw #2 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24
Damage 1d4 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7


Waiting on the others.


Female Human (Ulfen) Fighter (Thunderstriker) 2

Will Save: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (18) - 1 = 17
Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

Avalerdis whirls around at the corpse gets back up. She tries to slam it with the magical flail.

That's right, I'm using a weapon we found here...
+1 Heavy Flail: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21
Damage: 1d10 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9


Human (Tian) Cleric 2

"But I thought it was dead again!" Lao exclaims.

Initiative 1d20 ⇒ 3 Knowledge (Religion) 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20

Forgot we needed a Will save, too. Will 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28


At the corpse got up Eliannador was panicked.
Chantilly's secong claw attack went in but if felt like it did little damage.
Ava's Mace to the Face, knocked it's head off, turning the thing to dust.

@doc, it was a Coffer Corpse, not a zombie.
Coffer Corpses play dead after some damage and are hard to kill, being resistant all weapons, but those of the magical blunt variety.


"Hopefully that does it. You can only kill a corpse a number of times before things get ridiculous"


Female Sylph Bard (Dervish Dancer) L1 | AC 16 (T13F13) CMD14 | hp 8/8 | Saves: F0R5W2 | Percep +0 | STATUS: Normal

Will Save: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19
Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4


Human (Tian) Cleric 2

"That should do it, Miss Ava. Funny how many things I've merely heard of keep popping up in this courthouse. This was a variety of undead that actually plays dead. Sorry about the dreadful pun."


Female Human (Ulfen) Fighter (Thunderstriker) 2

"Hmph" Ava looks at the smashed corpse head and nods at her new flail. "Not bad. But let's get out of here."


retired

"AHHHHHH! AHHH! AHHH! AHHHHHHHHHH! Killit! Killit Killit Killit!"

Screaming wildly, Eliannador bolts from the undead monstrosity and throws herself through the air, over and behind one of the couches as if taking shelter from a fireball.

After a moment, she sheepishly peeks her head up from behind the furniture, "I-i-is it dead, err, well - permanently?"


"Should be dead for the last time, unless the dust can reform into a viscous bunny"


Human (Tian) Cleric 2

Lao shakes his head, "Until we get to the bottom of the injustice that was done to Mord, I don't trust anything in here to stay dead for long. But I don't think this one will come shambling after us. Let's see if we can find any more clues in another room."


Sir Rekkart

"Hey, Where is Ebin?"


Female Sylph Bard (Dervish Dancer) L1 | AC 16 (T13F13) CMD14 | hp 8/8 | Saves: F0R5W2 | Percep +0 | STATUS: Normal

Certain now that the party had explored this level completely, Pharysene had drifted over to the big circular staircase that led up and looks at it and the smaller one in the SW corner speculatively.
At Sir Rekkart's exclaimation, she turns around and looks for Ebin.
Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7


everyone hears a sound from a nearby room and quickly go to the room with the ice box and
On the floor, Ebin sits rocking feverishly to and
fro, facing away from you. His hands are busy at
work in front of him, out of sight. The sound of a
knife slicing through fresh, wet meat gives way
to a wet cough when he convulses slightly. The
gnome turns, blood pouring from his grinning
mouth. He holds in his right hand his own severed
tongue, waving it about like a slapstick.


retired

Eliannador blanches at the grizzly sight, turning away and back into the hall quickly.


Female Human (Ulfen) Fighter (Thunderstriker) 2

Ava at first recoils from the sight of the tongueless Ebin, then tries to grab him by the arm and shake him to break the spirit's hold. "Stop that! Get a hold of yourself!"


Female Sylph Bard (Dervish Dancer) L1 | AC 16 (T13F13) CMD14 | hp 8/8 | Saves: F0R5W2 | Percep +0 | STATUS: Normal

Pharysene rushes over to try to prevent Ebin from doing any more damage.
Can she stop the bleeding?
Heal: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6
I guess not.


Ebin dies of blood loss

Eliannador roll a perception,
as you went back into the hall where no one is now.


retired

You are a cruel, cruel man =P
Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6 ugh


Just following the rules of Horror

You notice nothing, except your not with the group.


retired

Frustrated and scared, Eliannador remains in the hall, unable to bring herself to look upon the results of Ebin's tortured self mutiliation. She takes a shuddering, steadying breath and then screams, "MORD! MORD! We can't learn the truth if you KILL US ALL BEFORE WE GET A CHANCE! Do you hear me, you undead bastard?" She runs out of steam before she can finish, and her final question starts out loudly but is reduced to an exhausted, helpless whimper by its end.


Female Human (Ulfen) Fighter (Thunderstriker) 2

Ava shakes her head as Ebin falls over dead. She looks out to Eliannador in the hall. Ava walks over and grabs her. "Calm down, Witch. We'll get out of this. We just have to keep our wits about us. One of these jokers is responsible and we'll make them pay for all this."


Female Tiefling Sorcerer 2

Magenta shakes her head, having a hard time taking all this in. Maybe, maybe when they are all dead we can leave. she whispers quietly to no one in particular.


"Finding out who is responsible is getting easier and easier as the choices wind down."


Killian

in his british accent
"I think a few actors are missing from this play,
as I don't see Trabe or Wade here and they were part of the trial."

1,001 to 1,050 of 1,436 << first < prev | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / AZ's Broadened Horizons G2 - Game All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.