Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

AZ's Broadened Horizons G2 (Inactive)

Game Master Azure_Zero

A PBP game where the characters are Randomly generated

Map


801 to 850 of 1,436 << first < prev | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | next > last >>

again to late, as the toes have taken root, and you can see signs the bacterium has entered passed his foot.


Female Tiefling Sorcerer 2

Magenta watches in horror as the malady slowly spreads up the leg. Taking the leg below the knee immediately might save him. she whispers, unable to do anything of the sort.


Human (Tian) Cleric 2

"That's a good idea, Miss Magenta. I need a very sharp, long blade, now! Please look away, Mr. Halgrek, there will be a lot of blood."

Halgrek's not responding to any of this?


Halgrak

Fort Saves VS DC 15
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 10
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 10


And Halgrak dies


Human (Tian) Cleric 2

Lao shakes his head as he closes Halgrek's eyes. "I was too late. Anyone else care to wander off so Mord can devote his full attention to you?" He looks sadly at the remaining jurors then stares at the floor. "And as for Mord, I understand the desire for vengeance. It's pointless and stupid, but I understand it. However, I'd think a good executioner would be more interested in exposing the real killer of his wife and child instead of tormenting hapless dupes."


Female Tiefling Sorcerer 2

Was that a murder or a suicide? Magenta asks, almost not believing what she just saw. Will Mord kill everyone who might be able to help us before they have the chance? It seems vengeance is more important to him than truth.


Or he does not need them any more.


I Take it your done with this event?


Female Human (Ulfen) Fighter (Thunderstriker) 2

Ava looks at the remaining jury members. "Anyone else want to do something stupid and get yourselves killed? No? Ok, then stay with us and let's go upstairs."


"Let's keep moving. There has got to be something here that we can find that will resolve this"


You all go up the stairs before you is a set of double door, and their is also a side hall to the west.

Upper start map


Female Tiefling Sorcerer 2

Not sure what else I could do...


Chantilly opens the doors, brashly moving inside.


Fine leather couches and a mahogany table
now covered in a thick layer of dust stand
undisturbed around this chamber. Portraits
line the walls here with plaques bearing names
below, both now obscured with thick cobwebs.
A simple iron icebox sits in one corner of the
room, a few empty bottles perched precariously
atop it.

Room 13


Female Human (Ulfen) Fighter (Thunderstriker) 2

Ava walks over to the iron box and examines it. She takes a deep breath and reaches out to open it, but she stops at the last second. "Someone check if it's magical. Hell, see if anything here in magic."


Female Tiefling Sorcerer 2

Entering the room Magenta obliges the large fighter, casting Detect Magic and scanning the entire room. If the iron is too thick I might not detect magic through it. she advises. After she reports her findings she will begin to cast Prestidigitation on each portraits and plaques.


Human (Tian) Cleric 2

Lao follows the others into the room. Now that the party has a few minutes where nothing is falling on them, attacking them, or sewing diseased parts onto their bodies, he'll examine the potions he found earlier.

Cast Detect Magic. Also Spellcraft 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16


Female Sylph Bard (Dervish Dancer) L1 | AC 16 (T13F13) CMD14 | hp 8/8 | Saves: F0R5W2 | Percep +0 | STATUS: Normal

Curious, Pharysene enters the room and uses her Mage Hand to brush away dust and cobwebs obscuring the portraits.


This room contains portraits
of every magistrate-judge to serve at the
courthouse.

Ava catches a glimps of Silman Trabe is up on the wall
as well, his name inscribed below him.
Ava I sent a PM

No magic detected,


Female Human (Ulfen) Fighter (Thunderstriker) 2

Ava's eyes go distant as she walks into the room. Her head turns back and forth as if she's scanning a crowd. She opens her mouth and seems to be speaking something softly, but no sound comes out. After several seconds, she snaps out of it, taking several moments to collect herself, shivering involuntarily. Then she turns to face the jury members. "The conviction. I saw the moment they sentenced Mord. Several of you were amused, including your friends Madge and Halgrak who are already dead." She points at Ebin, the gnome, and Patrissa, the beautiful human. "But you two were also quite proud of the sentence. If you are hiding something, then you might want to tell us. I would gamble that you are probably Mord's next targets."


Chantilly is confused at first by Ava's behavior, thinking she may be a victim of Mord. But after Ava speaks she is in awe on the forces at work here, and feels almost powerless. She shivers thinking of the pull of her mother's beckoning in the back of her mind.


Female Sylph Bard (Dervish Dancer) L1 | AC 16 (T13F13) CMD14 | hp 8/8 | Saves: F0R5W2 | Percep +0 | STATUS: Normal

Pharysene wanders the walls, clearing dust and cobwebs. She gazes on judges decades dead now, wondering who they were before this... disaster befell everyone then, and now.

She turns and listens to Avalerdis' vision, then she slowly advances on Patrissa, her hair and clothing stirring unnaturally. Around her and distant cries of spirits in torment. Her hand comes up to point at her. When she speaks, it is with a weird otherworldly voice.
"You hear the dead all around you now. The fate that awaits you if you do not TELL US WHAT YOU HAVE DONE!"

She uses:
Sotto Voce (Will DC 13), Your dry, rasping whisper fills a living creature of 4 or fewer Hit Dice with unnatural dread. The affected creature must make a Will save or be shaken for 1 round.


Female Tiefling Sorcerer 2

Magenta, still cleaning the plaques, pauses and watches this exchange with interest.


retired

Eliannador watches Pharysene's rebuke of Patrissa with a faint smirk, though she fixes her attention on the other members of the group - curious to see how they respond to these revelations.


Patrissa

"Mord could kill me yes,
but if I let slip who it was, and they found out,
I would be killed along with those I care about."


Female Human (Ulfen) Fighter (Thunderstriker) 2

"At this rate, it's not if Mord could kill you, it's a matter of when and how gruesome it will be. Plus, Mord seems to have a wicked sense of humor. Don't think that death will stop him from torturing you further. You saw what he has done to others, including Madge's father."

"By holding this back, you not only dishonor and endanger yourself, but you put all of us risk here. Mord seems to have reach beyond these walls too. He could be coming after your family next either way."


Patrissa

"I know that Mord can't reach outside the property himself,
and my loved ones know not to come here as does most of the townsfolk."


Female Tiefling Sorcerer 2

Patrissa, if you help us we can put Mord to rest. Then we can get out and deal with what is threatening your family. You want that. I know you do. You have to trust us to help you.

While Magenta would like to help, she is not totally sure she can deliver so this is a bluff check.

Bluff: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (13) + 10 = 23


Female Human (Ulfen) Fighter (Thunderstriker) 2

"If he can't reach outside the property, then what are we all doing here?! I for one never heard of this place and I doubt you were poking around on the grounds either. Somehow, Mord does have reach beyond these walls."

Feel free to be more of the voice of reason here. Ava is pissed that she's holding out.


Patrissa

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24

"I think your full of crap.


retired

Eliannador considers Patrissa's response. She voices her observation icily, "If Mord can't reach beyond these forsaken halls, then someone else can and is doing so on his behalf."


Patrissa

"If that's true, then I'm willing to bet that they are among us?"


retired

Eliannador nods coldly at Patrissa's claim, her eyes glancing frostily over the rest of the group.


Human (Tian) Cleric 2

"If someone among us really is responsible for us being here," Lao says. "They should tell us now. And let us out before Mord plays any more of his tricks. I'm sure Mord won't let your 'cooperation' spare you from his vengeance."


Female Human (Ulfen) Fighter (Thunderstriker) 2

"You really think someone among us is working with Mord?!" Ava laughs for a moment until she realizes she's laughing alone. "Um, are you serious? Someone here is demented enough to work with the murderous spirit?"


Female Sylph Bard (Dervish Dancer) L1 | AC 16 (T13F13) CMD14 | hp 8/8 | Saves: F0R5W2 | Percep +0 | STATUS: Normal

"There are many ways it could be arranged, even by a disembodied spirit." Mused Pharysene, tapping her teeth idly as she thought.
"Posession not least of them." She turned and looked at each of the remaining jurors speculatively.


Killian

"You did find that board in the cells, and it mentioned Mord's friend."


Female Tiefling Sorcerer 2

Board? Cells?Magenta looks confused. I really feel I am operating without all facts here. What board?

Having trouble trying to contribute here with so few of the facts.


Female Human (Ulfen) Fighter (Thunderstriker) 2

Board

Ava shows Magenta and Chantilly the board they had found. "So whoever this Sveth is, he's the one helping Mord. He's just a lapdog, following Mord's demands." She looks around at the group to see if this get s a reaction from anyone.

Sense Motive 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (20) - 1 = 19


Chantilly nods in agreement with Magenta. She is feeling frustrated at finding herself trapped with possibly the person responsible.


Sorry Ava, they caught on to your provocation.


retired

"So this Sveth is either loose in the building or is masquerading among us. That's reassuring."


Killian

reading the board from Ava's hands, and thinking on the words.

"But Miss Ava, look at the wording Mord used.
Obviously this Sveth was someone whom Mord trusted,
possibly even a soul who knew or felt the same as Mord.
Though was more in the background and was an unnoticed individual."


Female Sylph Bard (Dervish Dancer) L1 | AC 16 (T13F13) CMD14 | hp 8/8 | Saves: F0R5W2 | Percep +0 | STATUS: Normal

Pharysene thinks on the words.
"'When you clean the cells...' Could they mean 'Sveth' was a guard here?"


Female Human (Ulfen) Fighter (Thunderstriker) 2

Ava looks back at Patrissa. "Well? If Sveth is responsible for bringing us all here, whether he is or isn't in this group, then you've got a real problem. Mord might not be able to reach your family, but Sveth certainly can. He knows who you are and he can find your family."

Intimidate 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14


Killian

In his british accent

"Again look at the wording Mord used, Miss Ava.
If Sveth is going to follow it to the letter.
He's only doing this stick once, and it's only targeting us Fools,
Though this may be my guess,
but since some of the original jury members had no kin
and died within the last ten years, your here to take the wrap for them."

Board


Chantilly whispers to Magenta, "Is it because we missed some of the action before while on ice, or does that guy seem to know a lot about that board?"


He read the board here


Female Human (Ulfen) Fighter (Thunderstriker) 2

"And if he decides not to stop at once? What if he decides we all must pay for the town's misdeeds?" She shrugs her shoulders. "Unless you know Mord's mind, Killian, we can only speculate. What we do know is that people are dying in this horrible place. And we had better figure this s&#% out before we all perish."

With that she grabs the iron box and forces it open.

801 to 850 of 1,436 << first < prev | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / AZ's Broadened Horizons G2 - Game All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.