Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

AZ's Broadened Horizons G2 (Inactive)

Game Master Azure_Zero

A PBP game where the characters are Randomly generated

Map


701 to 750 of 1,436 << first < prev | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | next > last >>

Female Human (Ulfen) Fighter (Thunderstriker) 2

Ava quickly gathers back up the records she had before the centipede scared her and follows the others into next room.


Room 11

This room is cold and obscured with frosty
mist. Two of its walls are covered in rows of
small steel doors, obviously sized for slabs on
which dead bodies lay. A thin sheen of ice glistens
on the steel, and strange whispers seem
to echo from within.


Female Human (Ulfen) Fighter (Thunderstriker) 2

"Um, a...morgue?" Ava stops to think about it a bit. "I guess that makes sense. After they hang a person, they need a place to put them before burying them." Suddenly, she comes to obvious fact in the line of thinking. "There would be bodies here."


Female Sylph Bard (Dervish Dancer) L1 | AC 16 (T13F13) CMD14 | hp 8/8 | Saves: F0R5W2 | Percep +0 | STATUS: Normal

Pharysene cautiously enters the chill room.
Noticing the steel doors, she puts her hand out and casts Mage Hand to tug at the handles.


Human (Tian) Cleric 2

"C-c-c-cold..." Lao stuttters. "K-k-keep the door open. Hate to g-get stuck in here. Does anyone else hear voices? Other than a talkative c-c-cleric's?" With that Lao shuts up and listens for where the whispering is coming from.

Perception 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13


retired

Eliannador strides into the frosty room, entirely unfazed by the preternatural chill in the place. She runs her hand over the thin layer of ice as she surveys the room. She offers Rekkart and the others a frosty stare, "I suppose none of you would have much familiarity with this particular room?"


perception checks please?

Let the fun begin


Female Human (Ulfen) Fighter (Thunderstriker) 2

Perception: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (18) - 1 = 17


retired

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19


Female Sylph Bard (Dervish Dancer) L1 | AC 16 (T13F13) CMD14 | hp 8/8 | Saves: F0R5W2 | Percep +0 | STATUS: Normal

Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5


Human (Tian) Cleric 2

In case you don't like the one in my last post... Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7


Eliannador and Ava hear knocking in two of the Morgue wall body vaults.


Female Human (Ulfen) Fighter (Thunderstriker) 2

Ava looks at Eliannador, seeing that she too noticed something. "You heard it too, Witch? Something is knocking on those doors. From the inside."


retired

Eliannador spins around to face one of the vaults. "Ugh. I hear... banging, from behind this. We'd best prepare - it's likely another horrible, nightmarish monstrosity." She then casts Ava a worried glance, but steels herself as the Ulfen woman readies her hammer.

Open the vault door, then leap back behind Ava!


Inside the first body vault that you open
1d2 ⇒ 1
contains a tiefling, who's shivering.
Magenta


Female Tiefling Sorcerer 2

Everyone sees a tall attractive human female with a ruddy complexion, despite her chill bumps and blue lips. She is dressed in stylishly in red velvet with magenta leggings, Closer inspection is a little disconcerting. Tiny soft red tinged scales cover much of her body and small horns black protrude through the skin of her forehead. Long red hair, now in disarray, could be styled to hide those horns. A headband, that maybe helped to hide the horns is out of place, too high on her head.

A look of fear and confusion masks her normally attractive face.Where am I? I am so cooold. Who are you? I stronger look of concern crosses her features. Where is Imp?


Female Human (Ulfen) Fighter (Thunderstriker) 2

"Devilspawn?!" Avalerdis looks like she's ready to hit the tiefling until she pauses with her hammer half raised. "But a living Devilspawn. Not undead."

She glances at Eliannador with a look of confusion. Then she turns back to the tiefling. "Who are you and why were you in there?"

That's right. Equal Opportunity bigot.


you still hear knocking in one of the other vaults.


Female Tiefling Sorcerer 2

Obviously confused, Magenta tries to sit up provoking if that is important . The cold in the vault was extreme but the tiefling, while chilled, does not look injured. Focusing on the Ulfin woman, with a slight look of shame and disappointment Already they name me. she adds I have heard that taunt before woman. In fact I have heard it all all my life. Yet, it will likely please you to learn that the jibe still brings pain, if that is your intent. Suddenly she cocks her head sideways, listening. What is that knocking I hear? Is another soul trapped as I was?

I am not sure what I know of my predicament. What do I recall about arriving here? What do I remember last?


The best you remember is going to sleep and then waking up in the dark closed freezer.


retired

Staring blankly at Magenta, Eliannador shakes her head briefly after a moment and then rushes over to the other vault, opening it as fast as she can.


Eliannador opening the second vault finds someone who looks like an Ulfen woman.


Chantilly, that's you.


Female Tiefling Sorcerer 2

Well if you are not going to hit me with that big hammer, lend me a hand up out of this box. Magenta chides Avalerdis, reaching for her hand. I honestly have no idea how I got stuffed in there. Where are we? she say again and a little more insistently.


Female Human (Ulfen) Fighter (Thunderstriker) 2

Avalerdis eyes the bold tiefling before grunting and extending her hand. "I don't say it to cause pain. I say it because that's what you are. Give me a name and perhaps I'll call you that instead, Demonspawn."

She looks over to Eliannador and her mouth drops open when she sees an Ulfen woman inside the vault. She rushes over to check on the woman. "Are you alright?"


The woman appears Ulfen, but does not have the typical build of one. She looks around confused and says, "who are you and where the %@#: am I?"


Killian

in his british accent
"I'm afraid your trapped with us in this haunted Courthouse, lass."


Human (Tian) Cleric 2

"Excuse us, Miss," Lao addresses the tiefling. "Our manners have been strained by our circumstances. My name is Tran Duc Lao, the lady opening the other vault is Eliannador, and our friend with the hammer is Avalerdis. I don't know our exact location, but we are currently in the basement of a haunted courthouse."


retired

Eliannador lends Chantilly a hand as she and Ava help her from the frigid vault. As she does so, she glances back over to Magenta, "It's as Tran says, but it really is much worse than it sounds." She then returns her attention to Chantilly, her head cocked appraisingly to one side, "Aren't you a little short for an Ulfen?"


Female Human (Ulfen) Fighter (Thunderstriker) 2

"But she has the mouth of one!" Ava grins at the slim Ulfen's outburst. "Welcome, sister! Though, I can't say this is a good place to wake up in." She turns to address the tiefling as well. "Lao has the right of it. We're in a f$~*ed up place, trying to chase down the truth of a murder. And at the mercy of the murdered's ghost."

It seems the new Ulfen's presence has already affected Ava's speech.


Human (Tian) Cleric 2

"Yes, a bad place to wake up in, but at least you woke up, unlike most of this room's occupants. I suppose we should..." Lao looks at the others. "We should check the other vaults to make sure we don't leave behind anyone else who's just sleeping."


Female Tiefling Sorcerer 2

Climbing out of the box/off the slab without help the Tiefling regains her feet and stretches catlike. As she begins to straiten her clothing and adjusting her hair and headband to cover her small horns she adds My name is Magenta. And I assure you that both my parents were human. And their parents, and theirs, as far back as is recorded.

She checks an assortment of weapons on her belt, and a crossbow on her back and addresses Avalerdis matter of factly. So now that I have corrected you, the next time you call me a demonspawn we will both understand it is an intentional insult, and I will deal with it as such.

After a moment of eye contact with the fighter she bends and looks deeper into the vault she was in. Oh poor baby. Come out of there.[\b] she almost cries. Half tugging have calling, she coerces a large hound out of the end the the locker. [b]Imp! she exclaims. There you are. A good sized war dog climbs out and nuzzles Magenta's hand. She bends and kisses the dog on the nose. Sit. she commands and the dog obeys.

Addressing Tran: Pleased to meet you Master Lao. A courthouse and a murder you say. Intriguing. Can you fill me in on what you know?


Female Human (Ulfen) Fighter (Thunderstriker) 2

Ava is taken aback when Magenta speaks here piece. When she is finished, a smile slowly creeps onto Ava's face. "Well, then. Magenta it is. I'll not make the mistake again. She extends her hand in friendship.

At the sight of the dog, Ava smiles even more. "A hound! Oh, I've missed having one since I came to the Southern lands. May I?" She seems eager to pet the dog.


Female Tiefling Sorcerer 2

Magenta takes the offered hand like there had never been harsh words. His name is Imp. I had better introduce you before you pet him, as he is trained to fight. Addressing the dog she speaks in a voice of command. Imp, these people are friends. They are now our pack. Pointing at Avalerdis she tells the dog Friend. and and he moves closer to Avalerdis and sits by her, accepting her attention.


The Ulfen women speaks up, "I am Chantilly Bralinni. My parentage is mixed so I am not fully Ulfen, though my features mostly favor my father who is Ulfen. But I am from the north. Anyways a trapped by the ghost of someone murdered? Well that's something new. You have any clues yet?"


Female Human (Ulfen) Fighter (Thunderstriker) 2

Ava offers her hand out to the dog carefully, but without fear. She allows him to sniff her hand before gently stroking the dog's head. The Ulfen woman has a silly grin on her face the entire time.

"Chantilly, welcome. Yes, that explains it. You would be quite small for a full Ulfen! But we seem to be getting many more visitors to the North from other places nowadays."

Ava points to the members of the jury. "These folk were on a jury 10 years ago and sentences a man, Jarbin Mord, to die for killing his wife and son. Mord was the hangman here in this courthouse and he died here too. It would seem his ghost challenges the fact that he was guilty, and we've found enough to at least question the motivation of each of the jury. But we don't know who really killed Mord's family, and it seems the ghost won't let us leave until we do."


Female Tiefling Sorcerer 2

Intriguing indeed. Have you spoken to this ghost? Has it caused any harm?


retired

"Spoken to it?" Eliannador glances at Pharysene and then rubs her hand as if it'd been wounded or burned, the memory of her contact with Mord still disturbingly near.

"Not exactly, but we have found notes, letters, and other evidence which more and more, I believe, points to Mord's innocence. Regardless," she then offers the group moving about with them, Killian especially, an icy stare, "we've little to look forward to besides gruesome deaths if we can't determine the murderer of Mord's family."


Female Sylph Bard (Dervish Dancer) L1 | AC 16 (T13F13) CMD14 | hp 8/8 | Saves: F0R5W2 | Percep +0 | STATUS: Normal

Pharysene reaches up to touch her throat briefly, then swallows.
"No. I cannot say I have spoken with him. I have had... WE have had some... intense visions of events in the past, dealing with the trial and hanging of Mord. Looking around the building we have uncovered some clues. Show her the letter we found, in the judges chambers."


Human (Tian) Cleric 2

To make sure we're not leaving anyone behind, Lao will start opening the other vaults. He talks to the others while he goes about this task, "I also had a vision of the murders Mord was convicted of. Very disturbing. I hope the departed will be able to rest peacefully once we resolve this. And the judge that wrote Miss Pharysene's letter is also among the departed, we found his remains in his chambers."


the other vaults just have dead bodies.


retired

"And don't forget the note we found carved into that plank of wood after I had that vision of -" Eliannador looks visibly shaken by some memory too unpleasant to name, "nnngh - after I had that vision."


Female Human (Ulfen) Fighter (Thunderstriker) 2

"And Mord has already killed one of the jury. Hung him." She looks at the newcomers. "Enough for you?"


retired

Didn't someone also die brutally running away from him? By taking a board full of nails to face when running/falling?


the dwarf, yes, but If I recall he fell down the stairs,
but where's his body


Female Tiefling Sorcerer 2

Magenta tries to follow and reads the note offered. All of this is terribly confusing. What all have you explored and what still needs to be explored?

And who all, NPC wise, is in the room with us?


6 NPC's are left, Gnome, halfing, half-orc, Paly-boy, Mr Brit, and the Princess.


Female Sylph Bard (Dervish Dancer) L1 | AC 16 (T13F13) CMD14 | hp 8/8 | Saves: F0R5W2 | Percep +0 | STATUS: Normal

"I think, if this is all there is to the basement, only the upper floors are left. Can we go now?" She looks around, feeling claustrophobic.


Female Human (Ulfen) Fighter (Thunderstriker) 2

Ava looks around and counts the jury members. "What happened to Tarblek? Didn't he run down here? He can't have just disappeared, right?"


Evil GM Grin

Four lumbering cadavers, three human and
one halfling, stumble into view, moaning piteously
as they come. Each one wears a rotting
noose around its twisted broken neck. Madge
suddenly stops in her tracks and looks at the
halfling zombie in the lead. Tears glisten in
her eyes and her lips tremble. “Daddy?” She
then rushes forward toward the hungry dead
with her arms stretched wide to embrace the
moldering halfling.

701 to 750 of 1,436 << first < prev | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / AZ's Broadened Horizons G2 - Game All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.