Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

AZ's Broadened Horizons G2 (Inactive)

Game Master Azure_Zero

A PBP game where the characters are Randomly generated

Map


651 to 700 of 1,436 << first < prev | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | next > last >>

Duc the box is about the size of a shoe box and contains

Box:
it contains two potions


retired

Eliannador blushes as Duc tosses the lifeless piece of cloth to the floor. "I'm just glad it didn't come with any more terrible visions," she remarks sheepishly. She turns her attention to Duc as he rumages about the shelf over their heads.


Female Sylph Bard (Dervish Dancer) L1 | AC 16 (T13F13) CMD14 | hp 8/8 | Saves: F0R5W2 | Percep +0 | STATUS: Normal

At first gasping in shock, Pharysene is forced to suppress a giggle as the threat turns out to be nothing.
Seeing the half open box up high, she waives her hands and swirling vortices of air pick up the box and lower it down to Duc as he reaches up to search.

Cast: Mage Hand.


Female Human (Ulfen) Fighter (Thunderstriker) 2

Ava sighs in relief that the hood is nothing to worry about. She turns back to the table and examines it, while the rest pick through the box.


the room contains nothing else of interesting value.


Female Sylph Bard (Dervish Dancer) L1 | AC 16 (T13F13) CMD14 | hp 8/8 | Saves: F0R5W2 | Percep +0 | STATUS: Normal

Quietly relieved that there were no ghosts here, Pharysene looks around in the hallway.
"Well, I think we have seen all there is to see on the ground floor. I see a spiral stiarcase down and there are a couple of grand staircases going up in the main hallway. I would prefer to go up myself."
She shudders, wrapping her scarves more tightly around herself.
"I ... truly dislike underground enclosed spaces."


Then you'll like the fact,
the basement is small, with just a Hall and two rooms.


Female Human (Ulfen) Fighter (Thunderstriker) 2

Ava comes over to look in the box. "Anyone know what these potions are?"


retired

"I did not prepare the necessary cantrip to help me identify them when Teresa and I woke earlier today." Eliannador shrugs. It's hard to imagine a few hours ago she was somewhere else entirely.

"I'd rather go down, Pharysene - I'd like to backtrack as little as possible. Our explorations will go quicker that way, which means less time in this gods-abandoned ruin."


Female Sylph Bard (Dervish Dancer) L1 | AC 16 (T13F13) CMD14 | hp 8/8 | Saves: F0R5W2 | Percep +0 | STATUS: Normal

Pharysene, looking distracted turns to Eliannador.
"What? Oh. I see. I suppose that makes sense." Though the violent gusts of wind and thinly wailing spirits that seem to always surround her when she is under stress belie her words.
Approaching the circular stairway going down, she peers over the lip of the shaft with trepidation. She uses Darkvision.


I'll update the map when I get a moment.

And I need a vote in the Discussion thread.


Female Human (Ulfen) Fighter (Thunderstriker) 2

"In a creepy place like this, I would want to avoid the basement too. But I suspect that in a place like this, that's where answers may lie."


Human (Tian) Cleric 2

"Yes," Lao nods. "Let's see what's in the cellar of this vile place."


you all go down the steps into the basement, and find a long hall, with a door to the East and to the West.

Basement Hall


Female Sylph Bard (Dervish Dancer) L1 | AC 16 (T13F13) CMD14 | hp 8/8 | Saves: F0R5W2 | Percep +0 | STATUS: Normal

In a hurry to get this over with, Pharysene will go to the first door on the left and open it.


still waiting on Pharysene's and Doc's input in the discussion thread.


Human (Tian) Cleric 2

Lao follows Pharysene to the door on the left.


Female Human (Ulfen) Fighter (Thunderstriker) 2

Ava follows Lao into the room. "Wonder what fun awaits us in here."


Room 10

This mold-ridden chamber is submerged in
fetid water—part seawater, part stale sewage.
This foul backwash of the old sewers turned
piles of records and cabinets filled with sheaves
of paper to rot and mold. Something scuttles in
the dark behind the maze of filing cabinets and
piled strongboxes and sends ripples dancing
across the still water.


Female Sylph Bard (Dervish Dancer) L1 | AC 16 (T13F13) CMD14 | hp 8/8 | Saves: F0R5W2 | Percep +0 | STATUS: Normal

"Oh, eewww..." Pharysene comments; simultaneously repulsed by the foetid water and attracted to what might be in the cabinets...


Human (Tian) Cleric 2

"There's something alive in there. At least I hope it's alive," Lao says. "That would be a big improvement over the not-alive things we've been finding in this place."


Female Human (Ulfen) Fighter (Thunderstriker) 2

Ava carefully steps into the fetid water, trying to keep her eye out for whatever may be alive in the room. "These are records. Maybe they'll show something about Mord's case."

She tries to make her way over the nearest cabinet to open it.


perception checks to find clues


retired

Eliannador is too disgusted by the rank and fetid pool to venture into the room. She will cast guidance on anyone who ventures in though (+1 to one attack roll, skill check, or save within the next minute).

"Ugh."


Female Sylph Bard (Dervish Dancer) L1 | AC 16 (T13F13) CMD14 | hp 8/8 | Saves: F0R5W2 | Percep +0 | STATUS: Normal

Uh, just how "submerged in fetid water" is it? Ankle deep, waist high, chin deep?


it's not that deep,

Evil GM grin.


retired

It's too deep for Eliannador!


Female Sylph Bard (Dervish Dancer) L1 | AC 16 (T13F13) CMD14 | hp 8/8 | Saves: F0R5W2 | Percep +0 | STATUS: Normal

With some trepidation, Pharysene whispers a Celestial phrase and reaches out with her hand.
She casts Mage Hand and reaches out to try to open one of the cabinets.


Human (Tian) Cleric 2

With a shrug Lao wades into the foul waters and starts searching the cabinets.

Perception 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12


wisdom checks please

Evil GM grin

Hope you don't get a natural one

the water is not deep, just at mid calf depth.


Female Human (Ulfen) Fighter (Thunderstriker) 2

Perception: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 = 19

Wisdom Check: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (5) - 1 = 4 Ugh. Poor roll and Wis Penalty still


Ava:
you find records of
many others sent to the gallows on Mord’s
grim watch as executioner. The first record
is of one Daben Blossomheart (Madge Blossomheart’s
father), sentenced to death for
robbing and stabbing a visiting diplomat. It
is documented that Daben was survived by
his daughter Madge (who was 15 years old
at the time).


Human (Tian) Cleric 2

Wisdom Check: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21


Female Sylph Bard (Dervish Dancer) L1 | AC 16 (T13F13) CMD14 | hp 8/8 | Saves: F0R5W2 | Percep +0 | STATUS: Normal

Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8
Wisdom check: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (14) - 2 = 12


retired

You can all add a +1 to it from guidance!

Edit: In case I need one too even though I didn't go into the foul, disgusting waters: 1d20 ⇒ 19


Female Human (Ulfen) Fighter (Thunderstriker) 2

"Well, what do we have here? Ava pulls out several files from the cabinet in her large hands. She opens them up one by one. "Seems to be some records of when Mord was the hangman. And look here." She raises her eyes up to look at Madge. "This one details the death of a Daban Blossomheart. It says he had one daughter, a girl named Madge."

Sense Motive on her reaction 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9


Madge

"So you found proof for a motive I have already stated."

she did state it on page 3, post 125 and 139.


Ava:
you spot Mord out of the corner of your eye


Female Human (Ulfen) Fighter (Thunderstriker) 2

Ava drops the records she's holding and shouts, "Mord!" She grabs her hammer and turns to face the spirit.

If she continues to see him, she'll try to attack it.


Ava Perception check please.

don't roll a natural 1


Female Human (Ulfen) Fighter (Thunderstriker) 2

Perception: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (12) - 1 = 11

I've been forgetting that my Wis Penalty changes my skills too.


Ava Mords not there and something is crawling up your leg, and it feels like a big bug.


Female Sylph Bard (Dervish Dancer) L1 | AC 16 (T13F13) CMD14 | hp 8/8 | Saves: F0R5W2 | Percep +0 | STATUS: Normal

Pharysene yelps and looks around hastily.
Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14
"Mord! Where?"


Female Human (Ulfen) Fighter (Thunderstriker) 2

"I...I...thought I saw...." Ava looks around confused. "Ahh! What is that?! Get it off!" She looks down and tries to fling the bug off her leg.


Female Sylph Bard (Dervish Dancer) L1 | AC 16 (T13F13) CMD14 | hp 8/8 | Saves: F0R5W2 | Percep +0 | STATUS: Normal

"What? Get what off?" She tries to spot an attacker.
Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10
"I don't see anything!"


Pharysene you can see the giant centipede


Female Sylph Bard (Dervish Dancer) L1 | AC 16 (T13F13) CMD14 | hp 8/8 | Saves: F0R5W2 | Percep +0 | STATUS: Normal

"Oh! THAT centipede."
Pharysene concentrates and tries to pluck the creature off of Avalerdis with Mage Hand.


after a moment the centipede is removed from Ava.

and you all exit the room.

do you go into the next room of this level, and complete the basement?


retired

oui!


Human (Tian) Cleric 2

Lao walks into the last room in the basement.

651 to 700 of 1,436 << first < prev | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / AZ's Broadened Horizons G2 - Game All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.