Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

AZ's Broadened Horizons G2 (Inactive)

Game Master Azure_Zero

A PBP game where the characters are Randomly generated

Map


451 to 500 of 1,436 << first < prev | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | next > last >>

Human (Tian) Cleric 2

Lao shakes his head when he sees Avalerdis take a hit that would knock him out and say she's fine. "You're fine, but that's a nasty cut," he says as he invokes healing magic.

Cure Light Wounds for 10 HP


Female Sylph Bard (Dervish Dancer) L1 | AC 16 (T13F13) CMD14 | hp 8/8 | Saves: F0R5W2 | Percep +0 | STATUS: Normal

Pharysene yips as she is hit.
Seeing Avalerdis escape her fetters, she reaches out with her air powers (Mage Hand) to try to float the fallen earthbreaker back to Ava; as if she had called it to her hand.
Unless it's too heavy; then it'll try to drag it.


You drag the hammer for a bit using mage hand, but then it goes flying toward you.

1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15
and it slams into the wall behind you.


Female Sylph Bard (Dervish Dancer) L1 | AC 16 (T13F13) CMD14 | hp 8/8 | Saves: F0R5W2 | Percep +0 | STATUS: Normal

Pharysene gasps and hits the deck as the earth breaker slams into the wall where she had been standing.
Red faced, she stands up brushing her clothes off.
"I have recovered your hammer." She says to Avalerdis.


Female Human Monk of the Four Winds

"I had no clue how to deal with these sorcery, let's retreat out of this room for now."

As she says that, Teresa looked out for manacles and tries to walk out the room.


Female Human (Ulfen) Fighter (Thunderstriker) 2

"Teresa, close the door!" Ava grabs the earthbreaker from the wall and wrenches it free. She tries to locate the second set of manacles to smash them before they can bind someone else.


Female Human Monk of the Four Winds

Subconsciously Teresa obeyed, with her hand on the door waiting to close it, to moment everyone is out of the room. (I think Lao is still inside)


Human (Tian) Cleric 2

What door are we closing exactly? I thought we were all in the hallway? Anyways, this should take care of things.

Lao backs out of the room so Teresa can get the door closed.


Female Human Monk of the Four Winds

we're in the hallway, then we open the door to the left, I walked in then ava, then we all got hit then you jump between the undead behind the bar that's throwing stones at us and ava, then ava left. I followed and close after you exit the room too.

As Tran Duc Lao dashed out of the room, Teresa slam the door shut.

"Well that was something, undead people throwing stones at us, what's next moving manacle grabbing us... Wait that did happen too.

Pulling out a shuriken from within her cassock, Teresa mark the door with a big cross, to remind her not to go back there. As she finished she put the shuriken back where it came from.


Killian
in his british accent
"Well, now that room must of been the public stocks."


retired

"Based on their reception of the living, it makes one wonder if anyone was ever justly convicted in this place."


Female Sylph Bard (Dervish Dancer) L1 | AC 16 (T13F13) CMD14 | hp 8/8 | Saves: F0R5W2 | Percep +0 | STATUS: Normal

Pharysene looks around the Great Hall.
Are there any other doors we haven't opened?


I'm assuming your still in the hallway to the east of the main Hall

Overview Map


Female Human (Ulfen) Fighter (Thunderstriker) 2

Ava waits, listening at the closed door for further sounds of the creatures or the manacles trying to get through it.

Assuming she hears none

"Well, that was a nasty surprise. Maybe if we can find out what this spirit wants from us, we can put those dead to rest too." She sighs. "Shall we try the far door?"


Female Human Monk of the Four Winds

Teresa nod her head several time in agreement,

"Lead the way."

Extending he left hand towards the other end of the hall, Teresa looked at Avalerdis to take the first move.


retired

"By all means, the far door. Though I'm beginning to fear we'll only find more of the same the more of this wretched place we explore. Still, better to seek answers than curl up in some corner like cowards."


Updated Overview Map

Room 8

Brutal machines to coax confessions from the
accused fill this mournful room of cold stone,
pain, and dark stains. A flaying rack rests in
one corner, with an iron maiden against one
wall; a restraining chair adorned with all manner
of crushing vices and punishing screws sits
like a throne at the chamber’s center. A rack on
the wall bears rusted implements of persuasion:
pulling tongs; pliers; eight-inch spikes; and an
array of rusty needles, syringes, and scalpels.


Human (Tian) Cleric 2

Lao examines the hideous implements scattered about the room. "If the judges relied on these as instruments of justice," he says. "Miss Eliannador could well be right. Innocents could have been convicted as easily as the truly guilty."

Perception 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17


Female Human (Ulfen) Fighter (Thunderstriker) 2

Ava picks her way through the room with disgust. "Not instruments of justice. Rarely does justice come from things such as this." She picks up one of the iron spikes and tosses it away.


Female Human Monk of the Four Winds

Teresa gave out a silent prayer to those who may have been those convicted of crime through these methods, especially to those who are innocent.

"We can't do much about those who died, but maybe we could by preventing it from the future, if they still practice it."

Teresa looked at the jury and question them calmly but angrily,

"Do you know of this? Would you like it if you were being convicted of a crime you didn't commit, because you couldn't bare these torture, it's unfair.


Patrissa
she plays with her opal necklace as she speaks
"I have a half-brother who works in law,
and this room I believe was where they extracted a confession,
after the trial."


retired

Eliannador flashes a look at Teresa, "Preventing it in the future? Teresa, look around. We're in a ruin. This place has no future. And we won't either if we don't figure things out before we're all hanged by ghost chains, or shredded by possessed manacles, or beaten by floating gavels or whatever other disturbing event we stumble upon."


Human (Tian) Cleric 2

"If the jury convicted Mord at the trial," Lao asks Patrissa. "Why would they need a confession?"


Patrissa
she plays with her opal necklace as she speaks
"I only recall that it was a standard procedure,
but I believe this step was skipped for Mord though."


Female Sylph Bard (Dervish Dancer) L1 | AC 16 (T13F13) CMD14 | hp 8/8 | Saves: F0R5W2 | Percep +0 | STATUS: Normal

Surveying her surroundings, Pharysene thinks.
"Hm. I see two stairways up and one stairway down. I think we should go up first after we check this last doorway to the north. I hate being underground."


Female Human (Ulfen) Fighter (Thunderstriker) 2

Ava nods. She moves across the room and flings open the door.


Pharysene Ssethan wrote:

Surveying her surroundings, Pharysene thinks.

"Hm. I see two stairways up and one stairway down. I think we should go up first after we check this last doorway to the north. I hate being underground."

You in room 8, not the main lobby(room 1)

Ava since you entered the room and were picking at things
Evil GM grin

your pushed into the restraining chair. The leather harnesses
and vices instantly animate and strap you down.
1d4 ⇒ 3 Damage.

Ava:
as your straped in you hear a boy's voice saying
“Daddy make you confess your crimes down here!”

The Iron maiden creeks open and a something comes out of it.


Female Human Monk of the Four Winds

Do we all see this? the "something comes out of it"


I'll assume you all were near the doorway or in the room and the creeking noise got those at the doorways curiosity to enter the room.


retired

ohmycrappingoodness. this place is so messed up. holycrap.

(if needed) Initiative: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9

After the previous room and the manacles, Eliannador would not want to let anyone go into a room alone, so she would have followed Ava in though probably not been as poke-y and prod-y with things. =\
"Look ou-" Eliannador's warning is cut off as the iron maiden opens and the thing within emerges. Scrambling, with panic clearly blossoming in her expression, she slips her bow from her shoulder and fires!

Longbow: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15 for 1d8 ⇒ 6

(to hit is -4 if it has cover and another -4 if anyone's in melee with it by the time Eliannador shoots)


It's init: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

players go first.


Female Human Monk of the Four Winds

Initiative:1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9

I'll move towards Ava and tries to help her out of the chair.

Strength check?:1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17


Female Human Monk of the Four Winds

Initiative:1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10

Teresa moves toward Ava and tries to help her out of the chair.

Strength check?:1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14

that's more than 10 so it's +2 to aid other right?


yep


Human (Tian) Cleric 2

While Teresa helps Ava out of the chair, Lao will confront whatever's coming out of the iron maiden.

If it appears hostile or undead, attacking with the mace. Otherwise, stand ready to attack. Attack: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5 Damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8


Female Human (Ulfen) Fighter (Thunderstriker) 2

"Wha-" Ava grunts in surprise as she's dragged into the chair and the restraints come down on her so tight you can already see bruising. Her earthbreaker falls to the ground with a loud thud. She begins to struggle, but then she stops momentarily turning her head back and forth like she's searching for something. "I have nothing to confess!"

She begins struggling against the bonds again, trying to break them. With a roar, she heaves against the chair with a surge of strength worthy of years of Ulfen warrior-blood. The chair itself begins to splinter with her efforts.

Strength Check 1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 3 + 2 = 25

GM:

Is it a normal boy's voice or some creepy, sing-songy, possessed boy's voice? Are we talking Chucky or something more normal?

Somebody's got to be the dumb one in the horror movie, right? Kinda boring if no one touches anything! Besides, she still has a -3 Wis Penalty.


Ava:
Something in between normal and a playful creep tone


Female Human Monk of the Four Winds

True, but it's unfair that you don't have reflex save or anything.

@DM do people get xp for avoiding traps? Do we even level, or need to?


Human Jack of All trades

I believe the group is around 600 XP,
so your all half-way there


Female Sylph Bard (Dervish Dancer) L1 | AC 16 (T13F13) CMD14 | hp 8/8 | Saves: F0R5W2 | Percep +0 | STATUS: Normal

Pharysene rushes over to help Avalerdis.
Aid Another: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8 Fail.
She fusses about, but isn't actually any help. Must be due to her injuries...


Ava breaks the all the restraints holding her in the chair.


Human (Tian) Cleric 2

I'm pretty darn sure I missed with that attack roll, but did something come out of the iron maiden?


Tran Duc Lao wrote:
I'm pretty darn sure I missed with that attack roll, but did something come out of the iron maiden?

Yep (click me)


Female Human (Ulfen) Fighter (Thunderstriker) 2

Reskin the result if that's ok with you

As Ava pulls against the restraints, they hold fast. Unfortunately, the same cannot be said of the chair. The arms splinter off and the back of the chair cracks several times before the entire thing comes loose. Ava quickly stands up and stomps down on the rest of the chair causing it to collapse. "Vile thing!" She spits on the remains of the chair. Now that she's freed, she quickly unfastens the restraints and let's the remaining pieces of the chair fall to the floor.


Female Human Monk of the Four Winds

After helping Ava breaking the chair, Teresa moved slowly towards the creature shouting,

"Stand back!"

she protect herself(+4AC) waiting for reply, and trying to find it's intention.

Sense Motive:1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17


Female Human (Ulfen) Fighter (Thunderstriker) 2

Avalerdis takes advantage of Teresa's advancement on the creature to duck down and pick up her earthbreaker.


the creature moves towards
1d5 ⇒ 4 Teresa
and swipes at her with it's claws
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12
and it misses her.


Human (Tian) Cleric 2

"Over zealous administration of justice and disgraceful treatment of the dead," Lao mutters. "And this is what we're left to deal with." He swings his mace at the creature again.

Attack 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 = 19 Damage 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9


Duc's attack hits the armour, and does not injury it.


Female Human (Ulfen) Fighter (Thunderstriker) 2

Avalerdis tries to maneuver behind the creature. She brings her massive hammer to bear. "Stay Dead!"

Attack 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
Damage 2d6 + 4 ⇒ (3, 6) + 4 = 13

And the hammer finds it mark in another restraining chair.

451 to 500 of 1,436 << first < prev | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / AZ's Broadened Horizons G2 - Game All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.