Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

A Vision of Brute Squad (Inactive)

Game Master ThorGN

A Vision of Betrayal PFS PBP, Level 1


101 to 150 of 476 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Stats: 8 PFS PBPs GMed; 18 PFS PBPs Played

Irenal reaches the other side. Makes it look easy by comparison.

At this time I would like to point out that anyone can take 10 on this.

Taldor

Fem (HP 19/19 | AC 16 | T 12 | FF 14 | CMD 15 | F +3 | R +4 | W +2 | Init +2 | Per +7) 1/2E Bar(Urban) 1, Brd(Dervish Dancer) 1

I'll tell the mule. You tell the cart. :)

Silver Crusade

HP 11/11, Init +4, AC: 19, T: 14, FF: 15, F: +2, R: +6, W: +2 Perception +4, CMD: 14 , Female Human Bard (Arcane Duelist) 1

I'll take 10 on my acrobatics

Kassandra gets a head start and bounds over the river while landing gracefully on her feet.

Grand Lodge

female Elf (Taegrejee na'Maauteran) monk 1 - DECEASED

As Kassandra begins making her way across the tree, Aesantiel hands her one end of the silk rope from her pack. She empties the rope onto the near shore, and ties off the end to a stout stump.

"Kassandra, if you could please carry this to the far end and tie it off. I will assist with Master Rees, then guard on the far side. Please don't lose my rope."

"Master Rees, if you would lead out?"

Aesantiel tries to follow closely behind Nestor, using the rope anchored at both side of the river for stability.

Aid Nestor's Acrobatics: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8
Aesantiel's Acrobatics: 1d20 + 7 - 2 ⇒ (5) + 7 - 2 = 10 (I applied a penalty for 'doing several things')

As Aesantiel promptly flings the handicapped mission specialist into the drink.


Stats: 8 PFS PBPs GMed; 18 PFS PBPs Played

Nestor takes his time and makes it to the far shore, despite Aesantiel's somewhat overenthusiastic assistance.

Um, Out of curiosity, what about the mule and the cart? It's been nice so far, but the trail is not getting any easier. Not to mention the small fact of a river in the way.

Grand Lodge

(HP 22/22 | AC 18 | T 12 | FF 16 | CMD 17 | F +5 | R +5 | W +2 | Init +2 | Per +6) Male Human (Ijo) Ranger 2

Acrobatics without backpack (carrying armor): Take 10 + 2 = 12.
Acrobatics with hardly anything: Take 10 + 2 = 12.
Acrobatics with backpack (but not armor or most weapons): Take 10 + 2 = 12.
Etc.

Still wringing water out of his clothes, Dasiji watches as Irenal and Kassandra prance across the log like it's nothing, and rolls his eyes. Wordlessly, he lowers his pack, takes off his breastplate, and carries it to the other side. Then he begins divesting himself of arms and armor: first the breastplate, then a sap, a brace of darts, a guisarme, a quiver of arrows with black fletching, and a quiver of arrows with white fletching. A belt pouch marked with blue follows, while its red-marked fellow stays on his belt.

When his only remaining visible weapons are a darkwood bow, a quiver of arrows with plain fletching, and a spiked gauntlet, Dasiji goes back, picks up his backpack with one hand, puts it on, and once again carefully crosses to the other side. Putting down his pack, the well-equipped ranger retrieves his weapons and puts his belt pouch back on. "You'll know why I had to do it that way if you lift my pack." (It weighs 64.5 lbs.)

"So. I have an idea: we could loop a rope around the guideline, and tie both ends off on the top of the mule's harness. We could do something similar with me and the cart, and then I could lead the mule across the river, and the mule could pull the cart along the guideline. I think we should do it on the downstream side of the fallen tree, so that the ropes won't scrape against it."

Dasiji looks around at everyone somberly. "When I'm in the water is the wrong time to find out that it's a bad plan, so tell me now if it won't work."

Grand Lodge

(HP 22/22 | AC 18 | T 12 | FF 16 | CMD 17 | F +5 | R +5 | W +2 | Init +2 | Per +6) Male Human (Ijo) Ranger 2

Dasiji looks thoughtful. "What if we used another rope tied to each of the restraint ropes, so that you could all help us across by pulling from land? I might not even have to go into the water again. Hmmm." He starts to look more confident about his plan.

Osirion

HP 9/9, Init +6, AC: 13, T: 12, FF: 10, F: +2, R: +3, W: +2 Perception +1 <Dark Vision>, CMD: 12 , Male Tiefling Witch 1

"I will assist in any manner I can,"Irenal says to Dasiji, "but don't you think upstream would be better so if the ropes fail the cart won't just wash away and be snared on the log?"

Grand Lodge

(HP 22/22 | AC 18 | T 12 | FF 16 | CMD 17 | F +5 | R +5 | W +2 | Init +2 | Per +6) Male Human (Ijo) Ranger 2

"I'm picturing the ropes fraying against the log, then failing just enough for the mule to end up under it and drown. Hmm... Let's not attach the mule to the cart, after all. On second thought, it would be better to pull them over one at a time, and carry the tents over by hand first." Dasiji considers putting the cart before the mule, and decides against it.

Taldor

Fem (HP 19/19 | AC 16 | T 12 | FF 14 | CMD 15 | F +3 | R +4 | W +2 | Init +2 | Per +7) 1/2E Bar(Urban) 1, Brd(Dervish Dancer) 1

"Cart's gonna float, no? We take thin's out of i', an go careful, 'cross the tree? With a rope? Then pull the cart across? I think the hardest thing's the mule... but i' should swim. Mebee better we take an hour, look up and down the bank, could be a ford. Anything on that map?"

Grand Lodge

(HP 22/22 | AC 18 | T 12 | FF 16 | CMD 17 | F +5 | R +5 | W +2 | Init +2 | Per +6) Male Human (Ijo) Ranger 2

Survival (navigation): Take 10 + 10 = 20.

"Well, you got a lot of feed. It could take us awhile to carry it all by hand; but if we get the mule across first, it can help us pull the cart, suspended by the ropes and maybe buoyed some by the water. And, um, I'll check the map for fords right now." Dasiji looks rather sheepish at having not even thought of that, despite having been checking the map regularly and using his compass to keep them on track.

Silver Crusade

Male (hp 20/20 : AC 18 (T 11, FF 17) : CMD 16 : F +8 , R +4 , W +7 : Init +1 : Perc +3) Teifling (Pitborn) Paladin (Sacred Shield) 2

Baru takes stock of the situation as he begins unfastening the buckles of his armor. Half in, half out, he's too entangled in his own trappings to provide timely assistance to Dasiji as he tumbles into the river. As his companions resolve the situation, he hurriedly finishes freeing himself of his armor.

Yet to cross the log, the teifling gives a short sharp whistle to get the others' attention. "Why don't we tie one end of the rope to the mule's harness and lead him across by that. At worst, we end up dragging the helpless ass across ourselves." He turns to survey the cart for a moment. "We may have to move some of the supplies by hand, but if we can float it just long enough, we may be able to do the same with the cart."


Stats: 8 PFS PBPs GMed; 18 PFS PBPs Played

Dasiji finds a part of the river that is a little slower and shallower, but without the nice felled tree of course.

Grand Lodge

female Elf (Taegrejee na'Maauteran) monk 1 - DECEASED

As the portion of the party on the opposite bank debates and arranges the crossing of the cart and mule, Aesantiel remains vigilant, arrow nocked on her bow.
'That predator may not be far afield, and while we're divided across the river, and managing the crossing, we may be particularly vulnerable. Vigilance is definitely called for.'

"Have any of you others got effective ranged weapons?" she asks the others on her side of the river.

can we say, just for convenience, that we're crossing from the south bank to the north bank? the directions would make it easier to refer to...

Grand Lodge

(HP 22/22 | AC 18 | T 12 | FF 16 | CMD 17 | F +5 | R +5 | W +2 | Init +2 | Per +6) Male Human (Ijo) Ranger 2

Hmm. Looks like I'm on the north side, having a conversation with Irenal on the same side and Noa on the south side -- unless she crossed over without telling us, which would be just like her. :p

"I found a place on the map where the river looks like it would be slower and shallower, but there's no reason to expect another fallen tree there, so we have a decision to make. Try and get the mule, cart, and its contents across here, where it's easier for us? Or go down a bit to where it would be easier for them? We could try both, with some crossing here and the rest crossing there; but even with my great new bow, it would be hard for me to help you if I couldn't reach you."

Taldor

Fem (HP 19/19 | AC 16 | T 12 | FF 14 | CMD 15 | F +3 | R +4 | W +2 | Init +2 | Per +7) 1/2E Bar(Urban) 1, Brd(Dervish Dancer) 1

Noa's player is unsure who's where; she'll happily be wherever the GM thinks, especially if take10(+6 without armor) on the crossing is safe. Otherwise:

"I thin' this bow, i' is be effective.", Noa says, holding a stout-looking composite longbow aloft.


Stats: 8 PFS PBPs GMed; 18 PFS PBPs Played

Ok, sounds like you guys have a plan. Put in action and make some appropriate skill checks, or most likely some Strength checks as well. You will need Handel Animal to get that mule into the river.

Grand Lodge

(HP 22/22 | AC 18 | T 12 | FF 16 | CMD 17 | F +5 | R +5 | W +2 | Init +2 | Per +6) Male Human (Ijo) Ranger 2

Umm, whoops. Looks like Noa is the only one with Handle Animal. But I can try to make nice with the mule! :)
Wild Empathy vs. DC 12 to shift attitude (indifferent with pony stats): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19 Success!
...and now I just noticed that Wild Empathy only helps with shifting attitudes, not making requests. Oops!
Aid Another (Wild Empathy) vs. DC 10 with getting the mule into the river: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16 Success! (for +2 to Noa's Handle Animal check)
Swim (unburdened): Take 10 + 7 = 17
Strength (cart): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16

The P-Team goes into an action montage, with peppy background music and everything. Everyone helps empty the cart and carry as much across the log as they safely can, with the guideline to help them. Dasiji loops a rope around the guideline and attaches it to the top of the mule's harness, then attaches another rope to her chest and sends the other end across with the rest of the team except Noa. Dasiji pets the mule and gives her an apple and tells her what an under-appreciated and vital part of the team she is, and then coaxes her down to the water's edge.

But while the mule thinks he's very nice, she can't understand at all what Dasiji wants her to do. So, he attaches a rope looped around the guideline to himself, and goes into the river in front of the mule, to help Noa convince her to swim across after him, with everyone else able to pull the mule across quickly like a beaver or something else that swims well. Once they get the mule across, then they pull the cart across in much the same way, with the mule's help.

Taldor

Fem (HP 19/19 | AC 16 | T 12 | FF 14 | CMD 15 | F +3 | R +4 | W +2 | Init +2 | Per +7) 1/2E Bar(Urban) 1, Brd(Dervish Dancer) 1

Varisian, Noa to mule during crossing:

"He wan' you to follow him. Go on. Look how har' he's workin'. We took all the fee' across, alrea'y, you know tha'?. Preten' he's a carrot or somethin'. He is... kinda red. An' somethin' kill tha' deer. Think abou' it. You wan' stay on this si'e? All alone? I don'. Di' you hear tha? Di' you hear something in the bushes...?"

:)

STR check: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22
Acro (tk10, without armor): 16
Handle Animal (tk10, with Dasiji playing carrot for Aid Another): 15

And I just got a note from the network, they want to suggest the crossing montage includes 3 seconds of shrugging out of armor. :)

Grand Lodge

female Elf (Taegrejee na'Maauteran) monk 1 - DECEASED

Aesantiel watches the whole operation with interest but half an eye, while keeping keen attention on the surrounding woodlands. She stands with bow ready and arrow nocked.

Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 11

Armor? what's armor, and why wouldn't you just get out of the way?


Stats: 8 PFS PBPs GMed; 18 PFS PBPs Played

Noa pulls the cart across the river, almost by herself, with Dasiji guiding it home.

The mule is resistant to the idea of taking a swim and it takes much coaxing and carrots to get him it cross the stream (read taking 20). Noa finally gets the beast to join the rest of the party on the far shore.

By now it's past lunch time.

Silver Crusade

Male (hp 20/20 : AC 18 (T 11, FF 17) : CMD 16 : F +8 , R +4 , W +7 : Init +1 : Perc +3) Teifling (Pitborn) Paladin (Sacred Shield) 2

Acrobatics: 10 + 1 = 11

"Well, that was quite the production," Baru comments once everyone - and everything - is safely on the north bank. He begins fastening his armor in place once again, "Let us have a quick bite to eat and then be on our way. Hopefully we won't encounter too many more obstacles such as this. It seems to have slowed us down rather considerably."

Osirion

HP 9/9, Init +6, AC: 13, T: 12, FF: 10, F: +2, R: +3, W: +2 Perception +1 <Dark Vision>, CMD: 12 , Male Tiefling Witch 1

"Nicely done!" Irenal says as he takes a swig from his waterskin. "I only wish my feebleness could have been more assistance."


Stats: 8 PFS PBPs GMed; 18 PFS PBPs Played

The party gathers their things. Nester is once again grateful to take a spot on the cart as you navigate the wilderness. Late that evening you once again make camp.

Taldor

Fem (HP 19/19 | AC 16 | T 12 | FF 14 | CMD 15 | F +3 | R +4 | W +2 | Init +2 | Per +7) 1/2E Bar(Urban) 1, Brd(Dervish Dancer) 1

Can Nestor drive the cart? Just so I know whether Noa's sitting or walking.


Stats: 8 PFS PBPs GMed; 18 PFS PBPs Played

You try to show Nestor the ropes and it becomes clear fairly quickly that he is really no good with animals.

Taldor

Fem (HP 19/19 | AC 16 | T 12 | FF 14 | CMD 15 | F +3 | R +4 | W +2 | Init +2 | Per +7) 1/2E Bar(Urban) 1, Brd(Dervish Dancer) 1

Noa engages in idle conversation, then, while driving the cart. "Unless you rather sleep? We can move stuff 'roun', make you comfor'ble? I's no' a spring-car', jus' a cheap one. I wasn' expec'in' passenger..."


Stats: 8 PFS PBPs GMed; 18 PFS PBPs Played

I don’t look that old, do I? I may have a poor constitution, but I’m not one to sleep away the day. Besides, who could sleep on a bumpy ride like this?

Taldor

Fem (HP 19/19 | AC 16 | T 12 | FF 14 | CMD 15 | F +3 | R +4 | W +2 | Init +2 | Per +7) 1/2E Bar(Urban) 1, Brd(Dervish Dancer) 1
GM Brute Squad wrote:
I don’t look that old, do I? I may have a poor constitution, but I’m not one to sleep away the day. Besides, who could sleep on a bumpy ride like this?

Noa gives a chuff that has the mule looking back in recognition. "If the mule would do wha' you say, I'd show you." Noa gestures to herself. "I was a vardo baby, I woul' cry when we stoppe'. My mama says, when we lef' the caravans, she ha' to buil' the mule-mill, jus' to pu' me on the mule. In the baske'. You know, I's a baby... Anyway. I coul' sleep."

Silver Crusade

HP 11/11, Init +4, AC: 19, T: 14, FF: 15, F: +2, R: +6, W: +2 Perception +4, CMD: 14 , Female Human Bard (Arcane Duelist) 1

Kassandra is constantly singing hymns to Sarenrae along the route.

Grand Lodge

female Elf (Taegrejee na'Maauteran) monk 1 - DECEASED

"Noa, your sash is very beautiful, and to me, very exotic. Would you trade?"

Taldor

Fem (HP 19/19 | AC 16 | T 12 | FF 14 | CMD 15 | F +3 | R +4 | W +2 | Init +2 | Per +7) 1/2E Bar(Urban) 1, Brd(Dervish Dancer) 1

"I go' a bunch.", Noa says to Aesantiel. "You coul' jus' have one. But yours, i's so fine, i's more like somethin', you don' wear. You know... with a frien'? Or, for some dances. Sometimes. Bu' yeah, I'll trade."


Stats: 8 PFS PBPs GMed; 18 PFS PBPs Played

Second night, set up camp and same watches as before?

Grand Lodge

(HP 22/22 | AC 18 | T 12 | FF 16 | CMD 17 | F +5 | R +5 | W +2 | Init +2 | Per +6) Male Human (Ijo) Ranger 2

Well, that depends on the length of watch. It doesn't really say how much sleep anyone needs, aside from a prepared arcane caster. So maybe we could do three-hour watches: Kass/Aesantiel, Baru/Noa, Dasiji/Bala (Irenal's compsognathus familiar). Then Irenal could sleep all night and have an hour to prepare spells, the rest of us would get six hours of sleep, and we'd have 15 other hours to work with instead of 12.

Unless of course there's a dev post somewhere that I missed... (I have a vague memory of having this conversation before, but I'm not sure.)

Silver Crusade

Male (hp 20/20 : AC 18 (T 11, FF 17) : CMD 16 : F +8 , R +4 , W +7 : Init +1 : Perc +3) Teifling (Pitborn) Paladin (Sacred Shield) 2

Baru walks aside the wagon, largely in silence. He keeps a keen eye out for potential hazards as Noa guides the vehicle along. As the night encroaches and the party prepares to settle in for the night, Baru repeats the ceremonies of the previous night, collecting fire wood, inspecting his armor, and settling in for the evening. All the while, he begins to hum along with Kassandra's hymns.

No reason to change the watches from my perspective, but I'll agree to whatever the party thinks is best.

Osirion

HP 9/9, Init +6, AC: 13, T: 12, FF: 10, F: +2, R: +3, W: +2 Perception +1 <Dark Vision>, CMD: 12 , Male Tiefling Witch 1

Irenal removes a few things form his pack and lays out his bedding. Bala has returned from foraging for small creatures and sits contentedly gnawing on whatever it was that once lived.

I'm ok with same watch position. Would Bala's "scent" ability come into play during a watch? I never specified that Bala inspected the animal corpse we encountered. Not sure if it could have picked up a scent or not.

Grand Lodge

female Elf (Taegrejee na'Maauteran) monk 1 - DECEASED

I'm fine with whatever watch schedule. Ascetic monk elf is pretty broadly tolerant of sleeping schedules. :)

Aesantiel follows Kassandra's hymns for some time, then retrieves her flute from her pack and makes occasional efforts to participate.

Perform(woodwind): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 = 19

Taldor

Fem (HP 19/19 | AC 16 | T 12 | FF 14 | CMD 15 | F +3 | R +4 | W +2 | Init +2 | Per +7) 1/2E Bar(Urban) 1, Brd(Dervish Dancer) 1

"I' occurs to me...", Noa preambles, "Aesantiel" (she says the name perfectly) "or Baru migh' use my bow. I's a goo' bow, I pai' a lo' of money for i', bu' I don' min' if i' firs' time i's use', i's a elf or a paladin. Probably a nice thing for a bow, be able to say tha'. So anyway, when i's watches, the bow is in the car'."


Stats: 8 PFS PBPs GMed; 18 PFS PBPs Played

Kass and 'tiel lull everyone to sleep with their melodies.


Stats: 8 PFS PBPs GMed; 18 PFS PBPs Played

GM:

Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17
Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11
Stealth: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (16) + 10 = 26

About an hour or so after everyone else has fallen asleep, a shadow on four legs moves swiftly and silently out of the forest. Before Kass and Tiel can even think to react, the large black feline is upon Aesantiel with tooth and claw.
Bite: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19
Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 4

Initiative:

Aesantiel: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13
Baru: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13
Dasiji: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22
Irenal: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19
Kass: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11
Noa: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14
Black Cat: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7

I am going to assume that the cries of combat wake everyone else up. But remember, it will take a move action to get up from bed, a move action to retrieve a weapon, and more than that to put your armor on.

Combat Order:
Dasiji
Irenal
Noa
Tiel
Baru
Kass
Black Cat


Stats: 8 PFS PBPs GMed; 18 PFS PBPs Played

Combat Map

In the link above you should be able to see the map and move your characters around by clicking on them. Some of the older Browsers do not support this, so I can't edit it from my work, but most people should be good. It's worked pretty slick in the past.

Taldor

Fem (HP 19/19 | AC 16 | T 12 | FF 14 | CMD 15 | F +3 | R +4 | W +2 | Init +2 | Per +7) 1/2E Bar(Urban) 1, Brd(Dervish Dancer) 1

Armor? Peh. Who needs armor?! I got a FALCHION!

Noa awakens and throws off her blanket. Rising, she grabs her falchion, letting the edge guard fall away.

She grinned, silently agreeing with the cat's taste, though not it's choice, and watched for a chance to show the cat her claw.

Now that a map is up: if Noa can get an actual move action this turn, she'll move to the square just west of the fire, path NW,NW,NW,SW. This leaves a path for the Paladin, and sets Noa up to melee next turn.


Stats: 8 PFS PBPs GMed; 18 PFS PBPs Played

Nope, you four in the tents are basically using round 1 to get up and grab your weapon, except for perhaps the Witch.

Silver Crusade

HP 11/11, Init +4, AC: 19, T: 14, FF: 15, F: +2, R: +6, W: +2 Perception +4, CMD: 14 , Female Human Bard (Arcane Duelist) 1

Awake, Awake! Kassandra calls out rhythmically.

Onward, Sarenite soldiers, marching as to war,
with the Scimitars of Sarenrae going on before.
Dawnflower, Mistress of Flame, leads against the foe;
forward into battle see her banners go!

Kassandra uses a standard action to start her bardic performance Inspire Courage EVERYONE ADD +1 TO ATTACK AND DAMAGE EVERYONE AND +1 TO SAVES VERSUS FEAR and with a move action I'll draw my cross bow

Taldor

Fem (HP 19/19 | AC 16 | T 12 | FF 14 | CMD 15 | F +3 | R +4 | W +2 | Init +2 | Per +7) 1/2E Bar(Urban) 1, Brd(Dervish Dancer) 1

Fair enough. Dibs on the panther skin. Well, enough to dance in. Someplace respectable. Well, respectable enough to have girls dancing in panther skin. So not very much, really.

Grand Lodge

female Elf (Taegrejee na'Maauteran) monk 1 - DECEASED

ummm... ow?

Rolling out from under the big cat's viscious initial assault, Aesantiel flows into a standard engagement stance, then winds into 'bees buzzing ears' including a disconcerting flare of elemental fire.

Round 1
Status: HP 4/8 | AC 15 | T 15 | FF 12 | CMD 17 | F +2 | R +5 | W +4 | Init +3 | Per +9
Actions:
(standard) elemental fist (fire) Unarmed: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22
unarmed damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4, fire: 1d6 ⇒ 2
crit confirm: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16, unarmed crit damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

Aesantiel connects firmly with the big cat, slamming its eyes and ears with both blade-like hands and flares of singing fire.

and Aesantiel blows smoke from her fingertips, then buffs her nails on her lapel.. 'hot stuff, watch out' :)
Now see, I need to wait for cool stuff like bardic buffs - and I'll bet Sarenrae really liked the elemental fist bit - helped with the dice rolls. Thanks!
...and as was correctly pointed out, Kass goes after Aesantiel, so no buffs on these rolls :\ <oops>

Taldor

Fem (HP 19/19 | AC 16 | T 12 | FF 14 | CMD 15 | F +3 | R +4 | W +2 | Init +2 | Per +7) 1/2E Bar(Urban) 1, Brd(Dervish Dancer) 1

...and I'm not even out of the tent to make comment! It's like T.O.R.T.U.R.E....

Grand Lodge

(HP 22/22 | AC 18 | T 12 | FF 16 | CMD 17 | F +5 | R +5 | W +2 | Init +2 | Per +6) Male Human (Ijo) Ranger 2

MA: Stand up
MA: Draw greatsword

Dasiji half-regrets the effort of getting the mule across the river, since now she just won't leave him alone, as he was perhaps a bit too successful at persuading her to follow him. And then he has to spend some time making nice with Irenal's lizard, so that it'll stay close later, and maybe warn him of danger that he can't see; so he has two new best friends. At the end of the day, after all that excitement, Dasiji collapses into his bedroll exhausted, as Kassandra and Aesantiel put him to sleep with sweet music.

The Mwangi outdoorsman's well-earned rest is interrupted by snarls and shouts, as the elf that saved him from the river is bitten by a great cat. Snatching up his greatsword, the healthy guard springs to his feet, prepared to meet tooth and claw with well-forged steel.

@Aesantiel: I think that in order to get those bonuses, you'll have to delay to go after Kassandra. No big deal, but worth mentioning.

Osirion

HP 9/9, Init +6, AC: 13, T: 12, FF: 10, F: +2, R: +3, W: +2 Perception +1 <Dark Vision>, CMD: 12 , Male Tiefling Witch 1

Irenal jumps from his bed with unusual quickness. The sounds of battle are never easy to sleep through. He approaches the next tent over to check on his neighbors when he spies the cat and the monk with smoking fists.

MA: get up
MA: move

I assumed I couldn't see through the trees or brush on the map and that I don't have any of the wands. So I double moved rather than casting. If I do have line of sight on the cat from my tent I would like to cast ear piercing scream.

If I can see the cat from my tent:

Irenal jumps from his bed with unusual quickness. The sounds of battle are never easy to sleep through. He peers out from the tent flaps and through the darkness locating Aesantiel and a large cat-like creature. Noticing the monks wounds Irenal focuses on the cat. He says a few words, forms a several shapes with his hands, and then his mouth opens wide.

For the world a silence issues forth but for the cat it's something so much worse.

EPS damage: 1d6 ⇒ 2 DC15 save negates daze effect + 1/2 damage

Silver Crusade

Male (hp 20/20 : AC 18 (T 11, FF 17) : CMD 16 : F +8 , R +4 , W +7 : Init +1 : Perc +3) Teifling (Pitborn) Paladin (Sacred Shield) 2

After the long day of rough travel, it feels like only minutes after drifting off to sleep to the sound of the women's song that Baru is jolted awake by cried from the watch. As instincts take over, the paladin rolls to his feet and snatches up his sword. His only hesitation is to look to where his armor is piled, but quickly dismisses the thought of taking the time to don it as the snarls of feral combat reach him.

Getting up and picking up my sword.

101 to 150 of 476 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / A Vision of Brute Squad All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.