Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

A storm over Tethyr

Game Master JohnLocke


3,301 to 3,347 of 3,347 << first < prev | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | next > last >>

@ Janiries - you'll have plenty of time to observe them during the march so taking a 20 works just fine. Kane doesn't seem to notice your eyes upon him, but Shiang seems very aware of your scrutiny.

Kane, a hulk of a man, carries a number of daggers and knives, as well as a greatsword down his back. He is clad in leather armour. Shiang is also lightly armoured, with a composite longbow of great quality and a quiver of arrows. By his side hangs a longsword in a well-worn scabbard. Both seem to have several magical items and talismans, including rings and amulets.

After several hours you come upon the farm which Kane claims the cultist was sighted at. Smoke billows from the house and the barn; clearly something has already happened here! You are north of the farm, still in the treeline. The barn is about 100 feet away, and the house about 50 feet past that, and offset to the east.


Cleric (Helm) Init +0; Perception +11; HP 31/32; AC22/10/22; CMD 15; Fort +6; Ref +2; Will +9 (+1 vs. fear, incl. any allies adjacent)

Whoops, for some reason I kept thinking Davin was human. Sorry about that.

Fastening his shield to his arm, Matthias glanced at Hezar and Janiries. "Think you can circle around to the south without being seen? It would be good to have another angle on this, and we could pincer anyone who's still there. If you can, make it fast - we might still be able to rescue any survivors."

If anyone doesn't like that plan, Matthias will suggest that we simply rush towards the farm at full speed from the treeline. He really wants to save anyone he can.
He'll keep as much of an eye as possible on Kane and Shiang, too.


Skills:
+2 Bluff, Percep, SM, Surv, Knowl vs Humans, +2 Stealth, Perc, Surv, Geo in a forest Acrobatics+9, Climb+6, Bowyer+8, Geo+9, Handle Animal +8, Heal+6, Nature+9, Percep+11, Ride+8, Stealth+11, Survival+9 SM+10
Human Ranger (Skirmisher) Initiative+4 (6 forest); Perception +8; HP 37/37; AC19/14/15; CMD 19/20vs Trip; Fort +7; Ref +9; Will +4 (+2 fear/ME); Arrows 26; Blunt 18,[/spoiler]

Hezar nods I would be honored to fight at your side Lady.

1d20 + 11 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 11 + 2 = 26 Stealth.

Hezar hefts his bow, and heads off to find a better angle.


Female Sun Elf Rogue 4

Nodding to Matthias, Janiries moves to circle around. She whispers to Hezar as they head out. "If we live through this, you better not call me Lady again!"

Stealth Check: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (13) + 11 = 24


Skills:
+2 Bluff, Percep, SM, Surv, Knowl vs Humans, +2 Stealth, Perc, Surv, Geo in a forest Acrobatics+9, Climb+6, Bowyer+8, Geo+9, Handle Animal +8, Heal+6, Nature+9, Percep+11, Ride+8, Stealth+11, Survival+9 SM+10
Human Ranger (Skirmisher) Initiative+4 (6 forest); Perception +8; HP 37/37; AC19/14/15; CMD 19/20vs Trip; Fort +7; Ref +9; Will +4 (+2 fear/ME); Arrows 26; Blunt 18,[/spoiler]

Hezar laughs I wouldn't dream of it...


Stats:
HP 38/43, NL 0 | AC 22, T 12, FF 20 | CMB +6, CMD 20 | F +7, R +4, W +2; +2 vs Enchant. | Init +3, Dex 14 | Perc +13, SM +5 | Longsword +8 (1d8+11); Longbow +6 (1d8/x3), (20/20)
Male Half-elf Fighter 4 (Tactician) 6,967/10,000 XP| Effects: None
Matthias Valbrand wrote:

Whoops, for some reason I kept thinking Davin was human. Sorry about that.

Nah! Great excuse for RP. And besides, I've even written into his backstory that he looks more human than elvish. So really, no problems.

"May Tymora smile upon you," he said to the retreating form of Janires and Hezar.


Male Half-Orc Battle Oracle 4 [HPs: 28|40 - AC: 18|10|18 - For:+4 | Ref:+2 | Wil:+4 - Per:+4 (Darkvision) Init:+1]

Kevkas had looked ready to rush in the moment they saw the smoke. He is clearly unhappy at having to wait. "I'm giving them a hundred count and that's it. The cultists could still be there."


Female Fetchling Oracle 2 [ HP: 13/13 | AC: 19 | T: 14 | FF: 15 | Fort +0 / Ref +4 / Will +3 | Init +2 / Percept +0 (Darkvision 60'/Low-Light) ]

"Calmly, Kev," Nijena said softly. Her tone was absent, offhand, as if reining in the big half-orc was done almost as a reflex, rather than a considered concern.

Keeping to the shadows as much as she could (though her clothes were still white) Nijena scanned the scene before them, but also kept track of Shiang's reactions and movements. Just how surprised was this man? She wasn't going to put it past him to burn out a settlement just to achieve a goal of his own.

Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (16) + 9 = 25
Sense Motive: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18
Stealth: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27

Basically, she's trying to determine whether Shiang might be playing them here, and/or if he's planning treachery.


@ Janiries and Hezar:
You both slip around the barn and the house, well-hidden due to the fields of maize. From your vantage point to the west and south, you can see at least one charred body by the entrance to the house. Another, unburned, lies by the barn.

@Osuki Nijena:
From what you can tell, Kane and Shiang are exchanging hand signals, though very subtly. What they are "saying", however, is unknown. Both seem fixed upon the scene unfolding before them, however, and do not seem to be paying attention to the rest of the party.

Kane nods at Kevkas's words. I will join you in that charge, half-orc. Burning buildings often indicate that the time for subtlety has passed.


Skills:
+2 Bluff, Percep, SM, Surv, Knowl vs Humans, +2 Stealth, Perc, Surv, Geo in a forest Acrobatics+9, Climb+6, Bowyer+8, Geo+9, Handle Animal +8, Heal+6, Nature+9, Percep+11, Ride+8, Stealth+11, Survival+9 SM+10
Human Ranger (Skirmisher) Initiative+4 (6 forest); Perception +8; HP 37/37; AC19/14/15; CMD 19/20vs Trip; Fort +7; Ref +9; Will +4 (+2 fear/ME); Arrows 26; Blunt 18,[/spoiler]

Janireis and DM:

It would appear that things have gone poorly already. You should keep to the shadows as much as you can , I will check on that unburned body.

Hezar stealthily as he can in the open moves out and checks the body, taking 10 on heal


Female Fetchling Oracle 2 [ HP: 13/13 | AC: 19 | T: 14 | FF: 15 | Fort +0 / Ref +4 / Will +3 | Init +2 / Percept +0 (Darkvision 60'/Low-Light) ]

"I wonder," Nijena said, where both Kane and Kevkas could hear her, "what your reaction would be, friend Kane, if my companions and I started communicating one with another in a secret code that you could not understand. Would that action make you more, or less likely to trust us in a dangerous situation that could engender 'mistakes,' and 'accidents,' and 'misunderstandings?'"

Her words were soft, but pointed. She didn't belabor the point, but simply waited for a response. Normally, she would not have let the two know that she'd seen what they were doing, but since she couldn't actually understand their communication, letting it continue had no benefit to her or her companions. Stopping it might.


Female Sun Elf Rogue 4

Hezar and DM:
Drawing both hand crossbows, Janiries crouches and makes her way over to the barn, peaking inside to check it out.

Perception Check: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17


Male Half-Orc Battle Oracle 4 [HPs: 28|40 - AC: 18|10|18 - For:+4 | Ref:+2 | Wil:+4 - Per:+4 (Darkvision) Init:+1]

Nijena, I think you forgot to switch your avatar from the other game. :)

Kevkas frowns and growls, still staring out at the rising smoke, when Nijena cautions him against rushing in, but he heeds her words and doesn't run off when his hundred count ends. He looks over as she confronts Kane and Shiang, his attention drawn by the possibility of a closer threat. The big half-orc doesn't move, but he seems ready to at a moment's notice.


Cleric (Helm) Init +0; Perception +11; HP 31/32; AC22/10/22; CMD 15; Fort +6; Ref +2; Will +9 (+1 vs. fear, incl. any allies adjacent)

Actually, wouldn't a hundred-count be sufficient? Matthias doesn't want to wait around forever, either. Let's charge!


Male Half-Orc Battle Oracle 4 [HPs: 28|40 - AC: 18|10|18 - For:+4 | Ref:+2 | Wil:+4 - Per:+4 (Darkvision) Init:+1]

That's only giving them around 2 minutes to sneak around to the other side of the village. It doesn't seem like long enough to me, but Kev is impatient.


Let's say 100 seconds is sufficient for Hezar and Janiries to sneak around; the tall fields of maize being grow on this farm provide ample cover for them to move at a reasonable speed.

@Janiries and Hezar:
You approach the non-burned body, and discover that it is Marius! His neck broken, the young druid lies dead, his eyes locked open and unseeing into the blue sky above.

As Janiries peers into the barn, which is ablaze, she sees another burning body laying on the ground, as well as beams of wood from the roof. Your keen ears pick up what sound like calls for help from under the floor of the barn!

Not looking back at Nijena, Kane responds. Do not play at naivete, madam, it does not suit you.


Skills:
+2 Bluff, Percep, SM, Surv, Knowl vs Humans, +2 Stealth, Perc, Surv, Geo in a forest Acrobatics+9, Climb+6, Bowyer+8, Geo+9, Handle Animal +8, Heal+6, Nature+9, Percep+11, Ride+8, Stealth+11, Survival+9 SM+10
Human Ranger (Skirmisher) Initiative+4 (6 forest); Perception +8; HP 37/37; AC19/14/15; CMD 19/20vs Trip; Fort +7; Ref +9; Will +4 (+2 fear/ME); Arrows 26; Blunt 18,[/spoiler]

DM/Janiries:
Hezar chokes back a cry of rage and sadness, he quickly bends down and slices off a lock of hair. I will bring you back my friend...someday.

Then he turns and races into the barn bow at the ready.


Female Sun Elf Rogue 4

"Get over here now! The Barn! Janiries quickly bellows out to the rest of the party, looking for an entrance to the basement of the barn.

Perception Check: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 14


Female Aasimar Monk1/Sorceror3

"Ah," Nijena said. "Very well, I will be direct. If I see the two of you using hand-signs again, I will be forced to conclude that you are plotting to betray us and our truce, and act accordingly. Which is disappointing, Kane, as I had hoped you would respect your word, as I intend to respect - and keep - mine. I will do you no harm, nor plan to do such, so long as you keep to the truce. This is your chance, Kane, to show us that we should consider your side of things, and not immediately turn to hunting you once the immediate danger is past. I dislike being forced to kill people I've fought beside."

Not sure if that's a Diplo check, but I'll roll just in case
Diplomacy(Law/Good): 1d20 + 6 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 6 + 1 + 1 = 15

"Shall we go check on the farm now?"


Stats:
HP 38/43, NL 0 | AC 22, T 12, FF 20 | CMB +6, CMD 20 | F +7, R +4, W +2; +2 vs Enchant. | Init +3, Dex 14 | Perc +13, SM +5 | Longsword +8 (1d8+11); Longbow +6 (1d8/x3), (20/20)
Male Half-elf Fighter 4 (Tactician) 6,967/10,000 XP| Effects: None

Davin remained quiet as Osuki implored to Kane to keep to their truce. But secretly, he hoped the man broke it. Kane rubbed him the wrong way. And he wouldn't mind at all putting his sword in the man's gullet.

Suddenly he heard Janires call them over.

"That's our cue. Let's go!" he said before running off.


Cleric (Helm) Init +0; Perception +11; HP 31/32; AC22/10/22; CMD 15; Fort +6; Ref +2; Will +9 (+1 vs. fear, incl. any allies adjacent)

With a final stern look at Kane and Shiang following Nijena's reprimand, Matthias rushed after Davin, trying to keep an eye out for threats on the way. When they reached the barn, he immediately looked around for whatever had caused Janiries to call them over, sword at the ready.

Perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (13) + 11 = 24


@ Janiries:
There is a trapdoor on the floor, but it looks like a couple of heavy, smoldering beams have fallen over it, trapping it shut. That must be where the calls are coming from!

Kane grunts in acknowledgement before dashing out into the clearing, followed closely by Shiang. The Malarite is fast - much faster than his size would imply. In an instant he arrives at the barn and takes in the situation, before dashing into the smoke-filled interior.

@ Matthias:
You see what had caused Janiries to summon your group - a trapdoor is in the floor of the barn, and calls for help are coming from it, but it is trapped under several heavy wooden beams, which have fallen from the ceiling, which is ablaze!


Skills:
+2 Bluff, Percep, SM, Surv, Knowl vs Humans, +2 Stealth, Perc, Surv, Geo in a forest Acrobatics+9, Climb+6, Bowyer+8, Geo+9, Handle Animal +8, Heal+6, Nature+9, Percep+11, Ride+8, Stealth+11, Survival+9 SM+10
Human Ranger (Skirmisher) Initiative+4 (6 forest); Perception +8; HP 37/37; AC19/14/15; CMD 19/20vs Trip; Fort +7; Ref +9; Will +4 (+2 fear/ME); Arrows 26; Blunt 18,[/spoiler]

Hezar stands with bow drawn and he scans for foes

1d20 + 11 ⇒ (14) + 11 = 25 add 2 if it is a human hiding


Cleric (Helm) Init +0; Perception +11; HP 31/32; AC22/10/22; CMD 15; Fort +6; Ref +2; Will +9 (+1 vs. fear, incl. any allies adjacent)

"Kevkas! Davin! Kane! Help me!" Matthias dropped his shield and mace and rushed to move the beams that had fallen over the trapdoor in the barn. "Help me move the beams! There are people down there! Mighty Helm, give us strength!"

If the others come to help him, but they still can't move the beams, he'll cast Enlarge Person on the strongest of them and aid another in another attempt to move the beams. Wishing he hadn't already used Bull's Strength now! (Or wait... is it still the same day as when we encountered the mind flayer and met Davin?) Of course, if Kevkas happens to have it... maybe enlarging someone isn't necessary.

Strength check, if needed: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19


Male Half-Orc Battle Oracle 4 [HPs: 28|40 - AC: 18|10|18 - For:+4 | Ref:+2 | Wil:+4 - Per:+4 (Darkvision) Init:+1]

At Janiries's shout, Kevkas rushes toward the barn. He noisily slams his sword back into its carrier over his shoulder as Matthias demonstrates the problem and moves to lift the beam.

If Matthias, Kev, Davin, Kane, and whoever else helps cannot move the beam, Kev will cast Enlarge Person on himself and try to move the beam again.

Strength check, if necessary: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10


Strength check for Kane: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24

Just short of the DC 25 strength check.

Kane snarls as he begins to move the giant beams. They are ... very heavy! Need help! Matthias and Kevkas' strength checks mean they can aid Kane, allowing him to pass the check.

Working together, you move the beams, revealing a heavy iron trap door. The hinge of the door has been locked with a large, heavy lock, for which no key is visible. DC is 20 to pick the lock; alternatively, it has a hardness of 10, 45 HP, and a break DC of 28.

EDIT: Just noticed Matthias' question about which day it is. It's the same day you encountered the Mind Flayer, so any expended spells are still gone for the time being.


Skills:
+2 Bluff, Percep, SM, Surv, Knowl vs Humans, +2 Stealth, Perc, Surv, Geo in a forest Acrobatics+9, Climb+6, Bowyer+8, Geo+9, Handle Animal +8, Heal+6, Nature+9, Percep+11, Ride+8, Stealth+11, Survival+9 SM+10
Human Ranger (Skirmisher) Initiative+4 (6 forest); Perception +8; HP 37/37; AC19/14/15; CMD 19/20vs Trip; Fort +7; Ref +9; Will +4 (+2 fear/ME); Arrows 26; Blunt 18,[/spoiler]

Janiries I believe you are up! Careful folks this could be a very clever trap!


Female Aasimar Monk1/Sorceror3

Nijena had followed the others, confident that they could handle anything they found inside. She, on the other hand, watched the woods outside - as well as keeping an eye on Shiang.

perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 11

Assuming that she doesn't see anything untoward (or anything at all, based on that number), she'll go inside. If it looks like the others need some time, she'll start using Ray of Frost on the area of the ceiling above and around the trapdoor. Probably won't put the fire out, but she's hoping to at least keep a flame-free exit path. And if Janiries can't pick the lock, she'll start dropping acid on it.


Female Sun Elf Rogue 4

Janiries hurriedly slides into the gab between trap door and the beams, already prying her lock picks from hidden spots on her armour.

Disable Device: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (8) + 11 = 19


Stats:
HP 38/43, NL 0 | AC 22, T 12, FF 20 | CMB +6, CMD 20 | F +7, R +4, W +2; +2 vs Enchant. | Init +3, Dex 14 | Perc +13, SM +5 | Longsword +8 (1d8+11); Longbow +6 (1d8/x3), (20/20)
Male Half-elf Fighter 4 (Tactician) 6,967/10,000 XP| Effects: None

"I have a vial of acid if that would help?" Davin offers as Janires works to undo the lock.

Man that is sooo close. Can someone give her a retroactive Guidance or something?


Female Aasimar Monk1/Sorceror3

Not a Guidance kinda girl. But she can create acid, fire, or cold to help make padlocks more breakable.


Cleric (Helm) Init +0; Perception +11; HP 31/32; AC22/10/22; CMD 15; Fort +6; Ref +2; Will +9 (+1 vs. fear, incl. any allies adjacent)

Matthias would definitely have cast Guidance on her, if he had the chance.


I'm going to go ahead and say Janiries can take 10 on the roll; unusual for being in a flaming barn, I know, but the lock itself is large and cumbersome, easy for a skilled adventurer such as Janiries to pick, and the lack of active combat means no chance of taking a blow. So yeah, taking 10. Bendin' them rules a smidge...

Janiries quickly dispenses with the lock and the iron trap door can be opened. It squeals like some sort of monster in agony on it's hinges; beneath is revealed a small saferoom, perhaps 10 feet square. Inside, looking battered and beaten, are your erstwhile bandit allies, Rylind and Ambrose. Rylind is unconscious, and breathing only shallowly. Ambrose is little better, though he stumbles to his feet as the trapdoor is opened.

Watch out! He breathes through clenched teeth. We are bait for a trap! As if on cue, you hear animalistic tittering coming from the smoke-filled loft overhead....

I'll have initiative and map up later - work issue has arisen, requiring my attention!


Skills:
+2 Bluff, Percep, SM, Surv, Knowl vs Humans, +2 Stealth, Perc, Surv, Geo in a forest Acrobatics+9, Climb+6, Bowyer+8, Geo+9, Handle Animal +8, Heal+6, Nature+9, Percep+11, Ride+8, Stealth+11, Survival+9 SM+10
Human Ranger (Skirmisher) Initiative+4 (6 forest); Perception +8; HP 37/37; AC19/14/15; CMD 19/20vs Trip; Fort +7; Ref +9; Will +4 (+2 fear/ME); Arrows 26; Blunt 18,[/spoiler]

DM note that Hezar was watching for a trap and my decently high perception was for that


Duly noted, and the perception rolls you and Matthias logged will save you from a surprise round. But in a burning, smoke filled barn, where these guys were concealed up in the loft? I'm prepared to say Hezar and Matthias would have overlooked their presence. Does anyone else think that is an issue?


Link to combat map is here.

Three large, shaggy, goat-like creatures reveal themselves up in the loft. Alternating between snarling and braying laughter, each is armed with a nasty looking polearm, the end of which is covered in some sort of viscous, horrid looking ooze. They look set to attack!

Initiative:

Nijena: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21
Hezar: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20
Janiries: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11
Matthias: 1d20 ⇒ 17
Kevkas: 1d20 ⇒ 15
Davin: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23
Shiang: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10
Kane: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18

Evil goat-looking critters: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9
Identify DC (religion) is 19 for these beasts.

I'll need everyone to place themselves (using blue as your colour) trying to take into account your presumed location - some were attending to the wooden beams that had fallen over the trapdoor, others were watching for trouble.

Order of action will be:

Tranche #1: Davin, Nijena, Hezar
Tranche #2: Kane, Matthias, Kevkas
Tranche #3: Janiries, Shiang
Tranche #4: Goat critters A, B, C


Skills:
+2 Bluff, Percep, SM, Surv, Knowl vs Humans, +2 Stealth, Perc, Surv, Geo in a forest Acrobatics+9, Climb+6, Bowyer+8, Geo+9, Handle Animal +8, Heal+6, Nature+9, Percep+11, Ride+8, Stealth+11, Survival+9 SM+10
Human Ranger (Skirmisher) Initiative+4 (6 forest); Perception +8; HP 37/37; AC19/14/15; CMD 19/20vs Trip; Fort +7; Ref +9; Will +4 (+2 fear/ME); Arrows 26; Blunt 18,[/spoiler]

that is more than fair.

Hezar takes a 5 ft step from the door and sends two arrows at Goat A

+1 Comp Longbow (+1 STR)+ DA+RS: 1d20 + 9 + 1 - 2 - 2 ⇒ (16) + 9 + 1 - 2 - 2 = 22 for 1d8 + 2 + 1 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 2 + 1 + 4 = 14
+1 Comp Longbow (+1 STR)+ DA+RS: 1d20 + 9 + 1 - 2 - 2 ⇒ (14) + 9 + 1 - 2 - 2 = 20 for 1d8 + 2 + 1 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 2 + 1 + 4 = 9


Female Aasimar Monk1/Sorceror3

At the sight of the goat-creatures, Nijena's eyes narrowed.

Know:Religion: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21

What she knew of these creatures pulled her attention from Shiang, despite her best intentions. With a word, her eyes flashed with green-white fire, and the wispy, transparent rainbow shell of mystic armor snapped into place around her, and she scanned the area for more enemies, hidden in the smoke.

perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (12) + 9 = 21

Cast Mage Armor. I didn't move her, as she was standing where she could both use her Ray of Frost to hold back flames on the ceiling, and keep an eye on Shiang. She still doesn't trust that Shiang isn't somehow responsible for this.


Stats:
HP 38/43, NL 0 | AC 22, T 12, FF 20 | CMB +6, CMD 20 | F +7, R +4, W +2; +2 vs Enchant. | Init +3, Dex 14 | Perc +13, SM +5 | Longsword +8 (1d8+11); Longbow +6 (1d8/x3), (20/20)
Male Half-elf Fighter 4 (Tactician) 6,967/10,000 XP| Effects: None

I can't edit the map from my phone. I'll fix that when I get home tonight.

Davin spins and sees the goat creatures. I'm assuming the loft is above us and therefore out of melee range.

He quickly primes an arrow and fires. Cold Iron arrows. But the bow itself is +1 so that shouldn't matter.

Longbow vs A: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20
Damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

-Posted with Wayfinder


Skills:
+2 Bluff, Percep, SM, Surv, Knowl vs Humans, +2 Stealth, Perc, Surv, Geo in a forest Acrobatics+9, Climb+6, Bowyer+8, Geo+9, Handle Animal +8, Heal+6, Nature+9, Percep+11, Ride+8, Stealth+11, Survival+9 SM+10
Human Ranger (Skirmisher) Initiative+4 (6 forest); Perception +8; HP 37/37; AC19/14/15; CMD 19/20vs Trip; Fort +7; Ref +9; Will +4 (+2 fear/ME); Arrows 26; Blunt 18,[/spoiler]

I will put you on the map Davin, somewhere near the middle cause of the middle/trap


Stats:
HP 38/43, NL 0 | AC 22, T 12, FF 20 | CMB +6, CMD 20 | F +7, R +4, W +2; +2 vs Enchant. | Init +3, Dex 14 | Perc +13, SM +5 | Longsword +8 (1d8+11); Longbow +6 (1d8/x3), (20/20)
Male Half-elf Fighter 4 (Tactician) 6,967/10,000 XP| Effects: None

Thanks.

-Posted with Wayfinder


@ Nijena:
These are not mere goatmen, but Schir - a lesser type of demon known for their strength and brutishness. Immune or resistant to most elements, and resistant to magic, these creatures are also quite resilient - unless struck with cold iron, or weapons consecrated to good, or by powerful magical items.

Actions for Tranche #1:

Hezar looses two arrows at Goatman A - both strike, though they seem less damaging than one might expect ... (total of 13hp damage after damage resistance is applied).

Davin fires at the same Goatman, his cold iron arrow sizzles as it strikes the beast in the side. (7hp damage to Goatman A)

Nijena now has the protection of mage armour, giving her an AC of 21 for three hours.

Tranche #2 - Matthias, Kevkas and Kane - are up next.


Female Aasimar Monk1/Sorceror3

"I do not know what you call them here," Nijena said, "but amongst my people they are called 'spite demons.' Very strong. Brutes. They are difficult to harm - cold iron, weapons consecrated to good, or powerfully magic. They resist almost anything else - including direct magical attack and elements." Her face was grim, as she knew these things were likely going to laugh away any attack she could mount... with a few notable exceptions. In the back of her mind, there was a niggling doubt. After all, it asked her, was it really mere coincidence to encounter two threats in the same day that could shrug off her most powerful attacks?


Skills:
+2 Bluff, Percep, SM, Surv, Knowl vs Humans, +2 Stealth, Perc, Surv, Geo in a forest Acrobatics+9, Climb+6, Bowyer+8, Geo+9, Handle Animal +8, Heal+6, Nature+9, Percep+11, Ride+8, Stealth+11, Survival+9 SM+10
Human Ranger (Skirmisher) Initiative+4 (6 forest); Perception +8; HP 37/37; AC19/14/15; CMD 19/20vs Trip; Fort +7; Ref +9; Will +4 (+2 fear/ME); Arrows 26; Blunt 18,[/spoiler]

Note to self make some cold iron arrows!


Cleric (Helm) Init +0; Perception +11; HP 31/32; AC22/10/22; CMD 15; Fort +6; Ref +2; Will +9 (+1 vs. fear, incl. any allies adjacent)

K: Religion: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (16) + 9 = 25

"Ambrose, lift Rylind up to me! I'll get you out after her!" Matthias knelt by the cellar, murmuring a prayer to Helm as Ambrose (hopefully) dragged Rylind over and lifted her up.

Matthias primarily wants to get Rylind and Ambrose out of the burning building before it's too late. Without his shield, his AC drops to 19, but he'll cast Barkskin, raising it back to 21.

If Nijena isn't doing anything else this round, Matthias would appreciate her grabbing his dropped mace and shield!


Male Half-Orc Battle Oracle 4 [HPs: 28|40 - AC: 18|10|18 - For:+4 | Ref:+2 | Wil:+4 - Per:+4 (Darkvision) Init:+1]

Kev laughs as he pulls the huge sword off his back. "Come taste cold iron, then, demons!" He murmurs a prayer to Tempus under his breath, asking for strength and the power to defeat these foes.

Cast Enlarge Person on self.


Actions for Tranche #2:

Matthias reaches down for Rylind as Ambrose, grunting, helps lift her up. Matthias is now carrying Rylind's unconscious form; Ambrose remains in the underground chamber and is unlikely to be able to get out without assistance.

Kevkas casts enlarge person; it will take effect on his turn in round two.

Kane growls in rage; his veneer of civility gone. Come at me, you filthy curs! Kane enters a barbarian rage, effects as noted on the map sidebar.

Tranche #3 is up - Janiries and Shiang.

3,301 to 3,347 of 3,347 << first < prev | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / A storm over Tethyr - Gameplay thread All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.