Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

A Rise With A Difference

Game Master Dabbler


3,851 to 3,877 of 3,877 << first < prev | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | next > last >>

Male Half-giant Psychic warrior 5/Aegis (trailblazer) 1

Gornak's eyes widen as he sees the guy fall into the flume and he winces as he feels the sting of the man's magic touch.

He steps back and swings again, this time not bothering to be gentle (since it didn't work the last time):

1d20 + 13 ⇒ (5) + 13 = 183d6 + 21 ⇒ (2, 5, 2) + 21 = 30

He also activates his magic necklace.

1d10 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5 temporary hp


With a crunch the hammer slams home, and the last "workman" falls to the ground, broken and dead.

The wheels churn on and the gears grind relentlessly.

Gornak can voluntarily reduce his damage bonus and strike with less force if he declares it in advance...that said in the case of the first one, the amount of damage you inflicted on the critical hit was such that nothing was going to save him.


Elan PW6 || hp 44 | AC 19 | T 14 | FF 15 | CMD 21 | F +7 | R +7 | W +6 | Init +6 | Per +13 | pp 16 || A 40/40 | BA 20/20 | Focused

Perception 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (4) + 14 = 18

Bow still out, Thanadros walks the perimeter of the room, looking for trouble or anything strange.


There is no-one else lurking in the machine room.


Elan PW6 || hp 44 | AC 19 | T 14 | FF 15 | CMD 21 | F +7 | R +7 | W +6 | Init +6 | Per +13 | pp 16 || A 40/40 | BA 20/20 | Focused

"All Clear, lets move on." Thanadros says

Are there other places to go here?


Male Human of Varisian and Chelaxian descent Cleric of Erastil 6

Vaclav stares down at the dead men. "Why did the last one take the time to draw on a mask? He was adept, but it makes no sense."

The cleric moves beside Gornak to examine the mask and man more closely.

Detect magic on the last dead guy. Search him too.

Perception 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23


The mask is magical, glowing with a feint necromantic aura.

All three have masks, and other than these items they have leather armour and finely made war-razors.


Male Half-giant Psychic warrior 5/Aegis (trailblazer) 1

Gornak gets ready to lead the way up the stairs once the others are done looking around in the basement. He manifests Force Screen.

(AC 27)


Elan PW6 || hp 44 | AC 19 | T 14 | FF 15 | CMD 21 | F +7 | R +7 | W +6 | Init +6 | Per +13 | pp 16 || A 40/40 | BA 20/20 | Focused

We'll grab those on the way out.

Thanadros follows Gornak, bow at the ready.


To keep things moving, I'll assume nothing else of interest to you in the lower level.

The party trek back up the steps and cross the jetty as quietly as they may to the large doors at the front of the building. They swing open at a touch to reveal a barn-like interior, with carts, straw for horses, and stalls. A flight of wooden steps leads upward...

Map.


Male Half-giant Psychic warrior 5/Aegis (trailblazer) 1

Gornak heads up the stairs, hammer in hand.

Do those crates block line of sight?


Elan PW6 || hp 44 | AC 19 | T 14 | FF 15 | CMD 21 | F +7 | R +7 | W +6 | Init +6 | Per +13 | pp 16 || A 40/40 | BA 20/20 | Focused

Perception 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (10) + 14 = 24
Thanadros listens for possible threats as they make their way up the staircase.


My apologies, the crates are actually carts, someone skilled could hide behind them, but no-one is.

The rumble of the log-splitters is constant. Even with it, Thanadros can make out footsteps on the floor above.


Male Half-giant Psychic warrior 5/Aegis (trailblazer) 1

"Okay, let's keep going," Gornak suggests as he leads the way towards the next set of stairs.


Elan PW6 || hp 44 | AC 19 | T 14 | FF 15 | CMD 21 | F +7 | R +7 | W +6 | Init +6 | Per +13 | pp 16 || A 40/40 | BA 20/20 | Focused

"Careful. I hear them walking around up there. I doubt they are unaware of our presence at this point. Be ready for an ambush." Thanadros says as they make their way up to the next floor.


Male Human of Varisian and Chelaxian descent Cleric of Erastil 6

Time warp -- downstairs:

Vaclav frowns and scoops the masks and war-razors into his pack for future examination.

********************

In the present --

"The men downstairs struck without warning or honor. I doubt those upstairs will be any better. Be careful."

The cleric falls into line behind Gornak, clutching his holy symbol in one hand, his mace in the other and praying for Erastil's blessing and care.

Spam guidance for the big guy.


You climb the wooden steps to a landing area, where the stairs climb on up, but a door gives access to the floor above the entrance. The sound of the log-splitters is louder, and the muffled thump and scrape of logs being moved can also be heard beyond the door.

Map


Male Human of Varisian and Chelaxian descent Cleric of Erastil 6

Vaclav taps Gornak on the shoulder and points toward the door. Then he intones another chant to Erastil.

Guidance for Gornak as he goes through the door.


Elan PW6 || hp 44 | AC 19 | T 14 | FF 15 | CMD 21 | F +7 | R +7 | W +6 | Init +6 | Per +13 | pp 16 || A 40/40 | BA 20/20 | Focused

Follows the others though the door, bow at the ready.


Male Half-giant Psychic warrior 5/Aegis (trailblazer) 1

Gornak keeps leading the way, hammer at the ready.


Gornak swings the door open to reveal a room piled high with stacked lumbar. This large storeroom is filled with stacks of timber, firewood, and other finished lumber products waiting for shipment. A network of pulleys on tracks covers the ceiling, ropes dangling here and there to aid in the shifting of inventory as needed. Machinery churns along the south wall, while nearby two chutes fitted with winches allow lumber to be hauled up from the holding pools below. Four openings in the ceiling lead to the upper floor; chutes extend through each of these from the log splitters in the room above. Under each opening is a collection bin. Around the room four men turn curious eyes on Gornak - and his weighty hammer.

"You aren't meant to be here," the first says. "GO!" he points.

Gornak, Will Save DC13, fail:

Your feet suddenly decide to walk you back out of the door to the stairs.

Gornak, Will Save DC13, success:

You feel a compulsion to leave, but ignore it.


Male Half-giant Psychic warrior 5/Aegis (trailblazer) 1

Oops, I missed this update

Gornak tries to bolster himself with Empty Mind.

Will save: 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 6 + 2 = 22

"You...you can't force me to leave, buster!" Gornak grunts as he resists the compulsion to leave.


Male Human of Varisian and Chelaxian descent Cleric of Erastil 6

Spellcraft 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13 you know what I want to know.

Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11


Apologies for my absence lately!

Vaclav:
A command spell.

The three begin to close on the big man, and as one they don masks from their pockets and flick out long war-razors.

Initiative: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19

Initiatives everyone else, please.


Male Half-giant Psychic warrior 5/Aegis (trailblazer) 1

Init: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6


Elan PW6 || hp 44 | AC 19 | T 14 | FF 15 | CMD 21 | F +7 | R +7 | W +6 | Init +6 | Per +13 | pp 16 || A 40/40 | BA 20/20 | Focused

Initiative 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24

Thanadros lets lose arrows as the three pull weapons.

Hawkeye | 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (11) + 9 = 201d20 + 9 ⇒ (16) + 9 = 25 | Damage: 1d8 + 11 ⇒ (5) + 11 = 161d8 + 11 ⇒ (7) + 11 = 18 | Crit: 20/x3
Deadly Aim, Rapid Shot, Focused, Point Blank Shot, Precise Shot, Psionic Shot, Offensive Precognition+, Offensive Prescience


Male Human of Varisian and Chelaxian descent Cleric of Erastil 6

Yow!

Init 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12

Vaclav waits behind Gornak for the big man to push forward.

"Take the speaker first, Gornak," Vaclav urges.

Delay until Gornak clears the door. Then end run him and attack. The caster is target #1 if he's still up.

Mace 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27 ... damage 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8

Edit: Crit Confirm 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25 ... damage 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

If Gornak can't clear the doorway, cast protection from evil on him if their caster is still up. If Gornak can't clear the doorway and the caster is down, cast bless.

Current AC 20 -- ring is on.

Initiative drops to 5.

3,851 to 3,877 of 3,877 << first < prev | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / A Rise With A Difference All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.