Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


A Rise With A Difference

Game Master Dabbler


2,201 to 2,250 of 3,877 << first < prev | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | next > last >>

Male Human of Varisian and Chelaxian descent Cleric of Erastil 6

"The ship has sailed on Lyrie. She's too large a lead now. With any luck she just ran for the surface and not to Nualia." Vaclav scowls in distaste. "We do need Gob. Get him and Gornak. Albrecht, Thanadros and I will watch here."

Vaclav asks Erastil's blessing and begins to examine the temple.

Guidance boosted Perception:1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10


"Aye," Albrecht agrees. "That mercenary talked about prisoners, perhaps we should find and release them."

Albrecht will not be rejoining us, I'm afraid. I'll run him to a point where he can step out gracefully.


Elan PW6 || hp 44 | AC 19 | T 14 | FF 15 | CMD 21 | F +7 | R +7 | W +6 | Init +6 | Per +13 | pp 16 || A 40/40 | BA 20/20 | Focused

"We should make haste. Can we just lock goblins inside and deal with them later?"

Thanadros is ready to move towards where the prisoners are being held once the party is put back together.


Male Half-giant Psychic warrior 5/Aegis (trailblazer) 1

Gornak whispers to Gob. "I know you're worried about all of these goblins, but I think they can take care of themselves for now. We've got bigger fish to fry..."


Male Human of Varisian and Chelaxian descent Cleric of Erastil 6

ANy result from edxamining the temple?

Vaclav finishes looking around the temple. He points to the door in the south wall. "That door probably connects to the rooms behind the west door in the room where we confronted Orik. If we can jam it our foes will have no retreat."


The temple is clearly a temple of Lamashtu, Mother of Monsters. An examination of the altar reveals smears of ash and bits of bone; a body was burned here recently.

The doors can indeed be jammed relatively easy with junk from the store room.


Elan PW6 || hp 44 | AC 19 | T 14 | FF 15 | CMD 21 | F +7 | R +7 | W +6 | Init +6 | Per +13 | pp 16 || A 40/40 | BA 20/20 | Focused

Thanadros jams the door. "Done." He says with a nod. He then moves over to Gornak and places a hand on his shoul- err... on his back. "Let us rescue the prisoners, Gob can catch up to us when he is done... doing whatever he is doing. Let us go!" Thanadros then starts to make his way towards where the prisoners are being held.


Female Human (Varisian) Wilder 6 {HP 53/53; AC 20, T 15, FF 15; F+6 R+5 W+8; Init+3 Perc+14} {Effects: Psionic Focus}

"Sounds good to me," Aylmora comments, following after Thanadros.


The door opens to a short stretch of passageway that ends in...another door!

Updated Map

This door opens in turn to a long room, the southern wall of which is a bank of cells with iron doors, six in all. The rest of the room is obviously a torture chamber; a rack sits against the far wall, an iron maiden stands to the north, and a fire pit smolders below a spiky cage dangling from a chain in the ceiling to the east.

At first all is silent, but then a feint sound comes from one of the cells.


Male Half-giant Psychic warrior 5/Aegis (trailblazer) 1

Gornak moves over to the cell and looks inside.


The door is locked, but a small grate permits Gornak to view a small, cramped cell, devoid of any amenities save a pile of rank straw and a hole in the floor. A dirty, emaciated man in filthy, once-fine clothing is curled up on the latter. A cracked empty bowl and plate that look as if they have been there for days sit on the floor.


Elan PW6 || hp 44 | AC 19 | T 14 | FF 15 | CMD 21 | F +7 | R +7 | W +6 | Init +6 | Per +13 | pp 16 || A 40/40 | BA 20/20 | Focused

Thanadros frowns as he takes in the site of the room. "By the Gods..." He mutters.

He walks over to one of the other doors and peers inside. If someone is inside, he opens the door, pulling his crowbar out to force it if necessary.


Three of the six cells are empty, the other three contain the richly dressed man, a second man in the garb of a caravan guard (sans weapon and armour) also emaciated, and a middle-aged woman in filthy, once rich clothes, also looking thin. Only the guard moves when you look through the grate, glaring numbly at the watcher.

The doors are iron, forcing them is a DC26 strength check, with the crowbar adding a +2 circumstance bonus.


Male Half-giant Psychic warrior 5/Aegis (trailblazer) 1

Gornak will ask Thanadros for help as he tries to force the door.

First three tries, assuming he can borrow the crowbar:
1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 5 + 2 = 23
1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 5 + 2 = 22
1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 5 + 2 = 23


Male Human of Varisian and Chelaxian descent Cleric of Erastil 6

"Easy, Gornak. I seem to recall Aylmora having skill with doors. Perhaps technique will succeed where brute strength fails."

Or maybe Dabbler will let you take 20?


Male Human Expert 2/Urban Ranger 1/Cutpurse Rogue 1/Street Performer Bard 5

sorry. I'll post in about a week. Only internet is from phone. Had laptop stolen in MA when traveling. Please dmpc as needed. Still interested but only able to post from cell presently.


No worries mate!

<Clang!>

<Bang!>

<Squeal!>

"Who-who's there?" A frightened voice calls from within the cell.

Gornak can take 20, but it will be a hell of a racket!

Gob follows the rest of the party in after the banging starts.

"The other goblins say that the jailer had a room here, and keys to the cells," he reports.


Male Half-giant Psychic warrior 5/Aegis (trailblazer) 1

"Okay, maybe we should look for the keys first or let Aylmora have a go. I bet I could pop this baby open eventually, though."


Female Human (Varisian) Wilder 6 {HP 53/53; AC 20, T 15, FF 15; F+6 R+5 W+8; Init+3 Perc+14} {Effects: Psionic Focus}

"Sorry, I was a bit distracted. Why don't I take a look at the lock while someone else looks for those keys?" Aylmora offers as she withdraws a set of lockpicks from her pack and sets to work on the door that Gornak was attacking.

Disable Device check to open lock: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21
If that doesn't work, Aylmora will slow down and take 20 for a total check of 27.


It takes Aylmora a few minutes to pop the intricate lock, which resists her attempts tenaciously. It's far more than she would expect of goblins.

The middle-aged woman stares at her, not quite believing that rescue has arrived, and still half-expecting the worst.


Female Human (Varisian) Wilder 6 {HP 53/53; AC 20, T 15, FF 15; F+6 R+5 W+8; Init+3 Perc+14} {Effects: Psionic Focus}

Aylmora rises to her feet and swings open the cell door. "Come on! We're from Sandpoint. We'll get you out of here," she says to the woman within the cell before moving on to the next door.

Aylmora will take 20 on the other cells to open the locks.


The prisoners are too bewildered and shocked to say much - some have plainly been tortured, but all are ambulatory and half-starved.

"We need to get these people away from here," Albrecht comments. "If I go with them, I can escort that mercenary back to Sandpoint as well, if you are all in agreement."


Female Human (Varisian) Wilder 6 {HP 53/53; AC 20, T 15, FF 15; F+6 R+5 W+8; Init+3 Perc+14} {Effects: Psionic Focus}

"That sounds like a good plan, Albrecht. But be careful!"


Elan PW6 || hp 44 | AC 19 | T 14 | FF 15 | CMD 21 | F +7 | R +7 | W +6 | Init +6 | Per +13 | pp 16 || A 40/40 | BA 20/20 | Focused

Thanadros nods to Albrecht. "Godspeed"

He then turns to the others. "Let us finish this before she hurts anyone else."


Male Human of Varisian and Chelaxian descent Cleric of Erastil 6

To Albrecht, "Erastil guide you."

To Thanadros, "Right!"


Male Half-giant Psychic warrior 5/Aegis (trailblazer) 1

"Be careful, big fella! ...All right, let's keep looking for the big cheese."


Next map update

A brief investigation shows that the small door to the north leads to what appears to be the private chamber of some powerful goblin or other, apparently abandoned for several days. The keys to the cells are easily located, although they are redundant now.

Which way from hence, my intrepid crew?


Male Human of Varisian and Chelaxian descent Cleric of Erastil 6

"Let's try straight north first. We can see if Lyrie fled to freedom or Nualia."

Door to K17 gets my vote.


Elan PW6 || hp 44 | AC 19 | T 14 | FF 15 | CMD 21 | F +7 | R +7 | W +6 | Init +6 | Per +13 | pp 16 || A 40/40 | BA 20/20 | Focused
Vaclav Rennet wrote:

"Let's try straight north first. We can see if Lyrie fled to freedom or Nualia."

Door to K17 gets my vote.

"Sounds good. Lets go." Thanadros says as as he makes his way north.


The door to the north opens to a ten-foot square, empty chamber. The lower four feet of the walls in this empty room are covered with crude drawings in mud, blood, and paint. Most of the drawings show goblins engaged in some sort of violence against humans, horses, or dogs. One picture on the north wall is at least three times the size and complexity of the other scrawlings. This image shows Thistletop from the side, the goblin stockade perched atop it like a crown. A cave has been drawn into the center of the image, and looming inside is what appears to be an immense, muscular goblin with snake-like eyes and a dogslicer in each taloned hand. If the scale compared to the rest of the drawing is to be believed, this goblin must be at least thirty feet tall.

There is a single closed door in the west wall.


Male Human of Varisian and Chelaxian descent Cleric of Erastil 6

Vaclav scoffs at the image of the large goblin. "No doubt a portrait of some goblin chief's self-delusion. Let's keep going."


Male Half-giant Psychic warrior 5/Aegis (trailblazer) 1

"That must be the guy Ripnugget they were talking about. I wonder where he's hiding."

Gornak heads to the door in the west wall and opens it.


You killed Ripnugget upstairs, remember?

You open the door to a short stretch of passageway ending in another door. This one yields to Gornak's hand with a little more pressure, and a great deal of crashing. A table and chairs had been placed to barricade the door, not that it makes a lot of difference to a powerful half-giant.

Other than the large table and chairs now scattered across the floor, there is a slateboard to the north which is covered with scribblings in chalk, but the map of Sandpoint that has been carefully inscribed on it leaves no doubt as to the purpose of this room — this is doubtless where the recent raid was planned. The details here are greater than in the room above, with writing. Two doors lead out of this room, one to the north on the east wall, and the other directly west.

Updated Map.


Male Human of Varisian and Chelaxian descent Cleric of Erastil 6

"Lyrie must have gone this way. She must have barricaded the door. Doesn't make sense otherwise. So we'll be fighting the mage and Nualia. Let's check west first."


For brevity I will assume that is what you do, then you can discuss your next step.

Vaclav opens the door to the next room to show a large wooden worktable in the middle of this room, its surface cluttered with scrolls, books, stone tablets covered with dense, spiky runes, and fragments of carvings that appear to have been chipped off of statues or bas-reliefs. To the north, a floor-to-ceiling set of wooden shelves sag with picks, shovels, brushes, lanterns, and other equipment one might expect to see at an archaeological site.

There are no exits from this room. The door to the north-west of the planning room opens to the steps up to the level above you.

Updated Map (again).


Male Half-giant Psychic warrior 5/Aegis (trailblazer) 1
Rune_Master wrote:
You killed Ripnugget upstairs, remember?

Oh, right. I assume the picture doesn't look like Ripnugget, then?


This IS the internet you know ... Alegedly human Expert (IT) 5/Ninja 3/Witch 7

Not unless he OD'ed on potions of enlarge person before posing for the picture.


Male Human of Varisian and Chelaxian descent Cleric of Erastil 6

"Looks like a dead end."

P14 gets my vote.


Elan PW6 || hp 44 | AC 19 | T 14 | FF 15 | CMD 21 | F +7 | R +7 | W +6 | Init +6 | Per +13 | pp 16 || A 40/40 | BA 20/20 | Focused
Vaclav Rennet wrote:

"Looks like a dead end."

P14 gets my vote.

Thanadros nods. "We should go back to that hall across from the temple." Thanadros says and leads the others. over towards P14

What is marching order now that Albrect is gone?


Male Half-giant Psychic warrior 5/Aegis (trailblazer) 1

"Okay, let's go!"

Gornak volunteers to be in the lead, if no one else steps up.


Updated Map.

As Gornak opens the door the smell and sound of the sea becomes stronger. A more natural tunnel leads forward to a side-tunnel, while ahead it opens into a cavern that seems brightly lit in comparison to the gloomy tunnels. The floor of this cavern seems strangely polished and smooth. To the east, a thick curtain of vines and nettles hangs down over a wide, uneven opening overlooking the Varisian Gulf. Through this curtain daylight filters.


Female Human (Varisian) Wilder 6 {HP 53/53; AC 20, T 15, FF 15; F+6 R+5 W+8; Init+3 Perc+14} {Effects: Psionic Focus}

"Would she have gone down this side tunnel, do you think?" Aylmora asks aloud, examining the ground at the entrance of the side tunnel for any signs of the wizard's passage. Perception check: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (15) + 9 = 24

Per the Survival skill description, you can use Perception to find a footprint or similar sign of a creature's passage (using the same DCs as for tracking using Survival skill), but you can't use Perception to follow tracks.


Male Half-giant Psychic warrior 5/Aegis (trailblazer) 1

"If she did, I doubt we'll ever find her by now. Now where haven't we checked so far?"


Male Human of Varisian and Chelaxian descent Cleric of Erastil 6

"She could even be right here, invisible. Might as well try to track a fish as hunt a wizard," Vaclav shakes his head. "We're here. We might as well check that tunnel."


Aylmora:
The ground is polished smooth, free of any dust or grime. It looks unlike any surface you have seen so far.

The tunnel leads north, then turns sharply west, and opens into a second cavern full of the smell of death. Dozens of strange dead bodies lie scattered about. Most are of sea birds and ospreys, but there are six dead goblins here as well. Each body is literally skin and bones, as if all of the interior organs and muscles have somehow been drained away, leaving behind skeletons draped with leathery, slowly rotting skin.

Updated Map.

Want to place yourselves on here?


Male Human of Varisian and Chelaxian descent Cleric of Erastil 6

In the middle of the party in M8!

Dabbler:

Spoiler:
Do we have to be in the room? Can we just peek from the doorway and leave?


Female Human (Varisian) Wilder 6 {HP 53/53; AC 20, T 15, FF 15; F+6 R+5 W+8; Init+3 Perc+14} {Effects: Psionic Focus}
Rune_Master wrote:
Want to place yourselves on here?

Not particularly, no. This room practically screams 'DO NOT ENTER!' Do we have to go in, or can we just back away slowly?


Backing away slowly works for me. Just place yourselves where you think you would be on the map.


Male Human of Varisian and Chelaxian descent Cleric of Erastil 6

Vaclav's eyes narrow as he stares at the bodies. "Something foul lives here no doubt. We don't have the resources for this fight now. Let's try south through Orlik's door."

I'll take the hit. P17.


Male Half-giant Psychic warrior 5/Aegis (trailblazer) 1

"Yeah, I'm pretty sure there's no one hiding in there... Maybe we can come back later."

2,201 to 2,250 of 3,877 << first < prev | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / A Rise With A Difference All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.