Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

A Rise With A Difference

Game Master Dabbler


2,101 to 2,150 of 3,877 << first < prev | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | next > last >>

Female Human (Varisian) Wilder 6 {HP 53/53; AC 20, T 15, FF 15; F+6 R+5 W+8; Init+3 Perc+14} {Effects: Psionic Focus}

Aylmora considers the couple's words as she glances at her companions.

"Leave us your weapons - including spell components and any wands or scrolls - so that we don't have to worry about you attacking us from behind. Wait for us in Ripnugget's throne room and we'll return your possessions after we deal with Nualia. Don't worry, we've cleared out all of the goblins up top," Aylmora offers.

"Or... You could help us. What can you tell us about Nualia?"


Male Half-giant Psychic warrior 5/Aegis (trailblazer) 1

"Who are you? Mercenaries? Or friends of Tsuto? Or both?"


Male Human of Varisian and Chelaxian descent Cleric of Erastil 6

"A generous offer for a pair of renegades, but how can we trust the likes of you? You've sold out your own kind for a few coins."

Vaclav still stands over the woman, his mace ready to strike again. He wishes it were the man. It doesn't seem right to threaten an apparently unarmed woman this way. She should be safe somewhere tending a hearth. He brutally reminds himself, she's a wizardress. She may look unarmed but her weapon is concealed within her and far more deadly than sword or arrow.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

The woman glares at you all coldly.

"I'm a mercenary, Lyrie is a historian," the man supplies, sheathing his blade. "I was hired in Magnimar by an Aasimar woman, Nualia, as a bodyguard. I was down on my luck and not too picky and can an Aasimar be involved in anything too shady?" he laughs bitterly. "Found the answer to that, didn't I? First it was working with goblins, then it was raiding Sandpoint, and now she wants to slaughter the whole town. Worse," he nods to the west door, "is what you'll find through there. I've been looking for a way out for weeks, but when I wasn't here I was teamed up with Bruthuzmus, and he is NOT the kind of person to cross. He's better than me in woodland, too."

He glances at the woman, Lyrie.

"I've been trying to get Lyrie to see that we should have got out when we could, but she's had her head stuffed full of Thassilonian history so much she can't see the wood for the trees - plus she was soft on Tsuto, who I presume is dead."


Female Human (Varisian) Wilder 6 {HP 53/53; AC 20, T 15, FF 15; F+6 R+5 W+8; Init+3 Perc+14} {Effects: Psionic Focus}

"Yes, Tsuto is dead," Aylmora answers Orlik carefully, watching for a hostile reaction from Lyrie. "You say that Nualia wants to slaughter Sandpoint. How, exactly? What are her plans? And what's beyond that door there?" she asks, nodding her chin toward the western door.


Male Blue; Humanoid (goblinoid, psionic) Nomad 3 (from Psionics Unleashed)/Witch 2

Gob watches the exchange carefully, while keeping a wary eye on his new charges.


"She's organized a lot more than just the local goblins, I know that much. As to why, and what's beyond that door," the mercenary's mouth grimaces with distaste, "sacrifices." He shivers.

"That's when I knew I was out of this affair. I'll kill other soldiers and killers for gold, no problem, but I have my limits."

"They have some prisoners through there, due to get the chop soon."


Female Human (Varisian) Wilder 6 {HP 53/53; AC 20, T 15, FF 15; F+6 R+5 W+8; Init+3 Perc+14} {Effects: Psionic Focus}

"You seem like a decent sort, Orlik. Why not help us put an end to Nualia and her evil plans?"

Diplomacy check: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24


1 person marked this as a favorite.
This IS the internet you know ... Alegedly human Expert (IT) 5/Ninja 3/Witch 7

"I took her gold. I reserve the right to quit when I want, but when you take a person's gold, you DO NOT turn against them."


Female Human (Varisian) Wilder 6 {HP 53/53; AC 20, T 15, FF 15; F+6 R+5 W+8; Init+3 Perc+14} {Effects: Psionic Focus}

"A mercenary with principles... You have to respect that. Well, if my companions don't have any objections, I think my first offer still stands - both of you hand over all of your weapons, including spell components and any wands or scrolls, and wait for us in Ripnugget's throne room until after we deal with Nualia."

"Although... Just out of curiosity, how much was Nualia paying you?"


Male Half-giant Psychic warrior 5/Aegis (trailblazer) 1

"Who else does Nualia have working for her? Just a bunch of goblins? And why does she hate Sandpoint so much?"


"Five platinum per day, plus bonuses if there was trouble," Orik lays down his sword. As he does so, the ectoplasmic sheen vanishes and Lyrie gets up slowly, keeping her hands where they can be seen -

- before bolting through the still-open door and down the passageway beyond (full withdraw action). Anybody think to keep a readied action?


Male Blue; Humanoid (goblinoid, psionic) Nomad 3 (from Psionics Unleashed)/Witch 2

All the goblins?


Female Human (Varisian) Wilder 6 {HP 53/53; AC 20, T 15, FF 15; F+6 R+5 W+8; Init+3 Perc+14} {Effects: Psionic Focus}

Aylmora's attention was focused on Orlik.

Look's like Vaclav was ready to brain Lyrie if she tried anything stupid, though:

Vaclav Rennet wrote:
Vaclav still stands over the woman, his mace ready to strike again.


Male Half-giant Psychic warrior 5/Aegis (trailblazer) 1

Gornak stands there, flat-footed and flummoxed, as the woman runs away.


Male Human of Varisian and Chelaxian descent Cleric of Erastil 6
Rune_Master wrote:

...

- before bolting through the still-open door and down the passageway beyond (full withdraw action). Anybody think to keep a readied action?

Depends how you interpret my Friday post quoted by Aylmora. Quoted here at greater length for context.

Vaclav Rennet wrote:
Vaclav still stands over the woman, his mace ready to strike again. He wishes it were the man. It doesn't seem right to threaten an apparently unarmed woman this way. She should be safe somewhere tending a hearth. He brutally reminds himself, she's a wizardress. She may look unarmed but her weapon is concealed within her and far more deadly than sword or arrow.

I freely confess when I wrote that I was not specifically thinking about a readied action to strike her if she ran, but rather if she tried casting again. Also, depending on timing, if you're handling it as an AoO Vaclav already had his in this round, but he still hadn't taken his actual turn. Rule it as you will, you'll get no complaints from me.


I'll rule Vaclav can get a strike in if he wishes - not an AoO as it's a full withdrawal, but a readied strike.


Elan PW6 || hp 44 | AC 19 | T 14 | FF 15 | CMD 21 | F +7 | R +7 | W +6 | Init +6 | Per +13 | pp 16 || A 40/40 | BA 20/20 | Focused

Thanadros has his bow readied to attack Orlik if he tries anything funny. She is probably out of sight before he has a chance to respond.


Male Blue; Humanoid (goblinoid, psionic) Nomad 3 (from Psionics Unleashed)/Witch 2

Even if it is a full withdrawal, standing from prone provokes, does it not?


Yes, and she stood up slowly, keeping her hands where you could see them. I assumed that you would not just attack her at that point, but if I am wrong...


Elan PW6 || hp 44 | AC 19 | T 14 | FF 15 | CMD 21 | F +7 | R +7 | W +6 | Init +6 | Per +13 | pp 16 || A 40/40 | BA 20/20 | Focused

"Your friend doesn't care about you much..." Thanadros says gravely to Orlik. "Lucky you, that we are not murderers." And he lowers his bow. "Weapons, armor, gear, Now! -And up the stairs with you! Quickly. Your friend's actions has lost us the element of surprise. We can have discussion later."


"She...was very fond of Tsuto," Orlik mutters, stripping off his heavy armour and shield.

"There are prisoners through that door," he points at the west door. "North of them is a kind of temple. It may have guardians, I don't know. I tried to avoid the place."


Male Human of Varisian and Chelaxian descent Cleric of Erastil 6

Sorry for the delay. Vaclav would have let her up. And if it's OK he'll try to smack her for non-lethal damage because she's running instead of casting. If it's not ok, she can have lethal.

Seeing the woman break away Vaclav yells, "Stop!" and swings low for her legs. trying to trip her up.

Mace 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11 ... damage 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3 -4 on the attack for non-lethal

I guess it didn't matter after all.


Vaclav's blow comes close to grazing her, but she's gone. You hear footsteps retreating and the sound of a door slamming.


Male Human of Varisian and Chelaxian descent Cleric of Erastil 6

"Damnation!" Vaclav wheels toward Orlik. "Is there any way she can get ahead of us and warn Nualia?"


"Yes, the tunnels down - and a route out to the fort - lie that way."


Male Human of Varisian and Chelaxian descent Cleric of Erastil 6

Vaclav turns and runs in pursuit of the woman.

Major objective is not to catch her, just to determine if she goes down or up. Maybe he can see or hear her after opening the door she went through?


Male Half-giant Psychic warrior 5/Aegis (trailblazer) 1

Gornak follows, his hammer ready for smashin`.


Updated map.

As you surge after the running woman, you see the door at the far end of the passageway slam shut; there is no way of telling if it goes up or down. If you pursue her, there is a widening of the passageway, where two large stone doors sit in the western walls here, their faces carved with images of horrific, deformed monsters clawing their way out of pregnant women of all races. To the east a side passage ends in another door. You both reach the far door she went through at the end of your movement (assuming a double move). As you do, you hear another door beyond it slam.


Male Human of Varisian and Chelaxian descent Cleric of Erastil 6

Vaclav slows and stops. "I think she's running for the surface. We've got to be close to the stairs by the latrine. And those look like the doors to an abominable temple."

may have trouble posting for a couple days.


Male Blue; Humanoid (goblinoid, psionic) Nomad 3 (from Psionics Unleashed)/Witch 2

Gob follows the party, crossbow ready and eye on the goblins.


Elan PW6 || hp 44 | AC 19 | T 14 | FF 15 | CMD 21 | F +7 | R +7 | W +6 | Init +6 | Per +13 | pp 16 || A 40/40 | BA 20/20 | Focused

"Good. Wait upstairs. We will send captives up to you. When we return to Sandpoint we will say you were a captive too. If we do not return, reclaim your things and escort the captives back to Sandpoint." Thanadros finishes with a curt nod to Orlik and then rushes to catch up to the party.
"Forget her! Let us save the captives, and deal with crazy Aasimar lady." Thanadros says, bow at the ready.


Female Human (Varisian) Wilder 6 {HP 53/53; AC 20, T 15, FF 15; F+6 R+5 W+8; Init+3 Perc+14} {Effects: Psionic Focus}

Aylmora nods to Orlik and then follows Thanadros, crossbow loaded and ready.


Orlik nods and tramps up the steps.

You proceed down the passageway to the double doors mentioned above. they look threatening and ominous.


Male Human of Varisian and Chelaxian descent Cleric of Erastil 6

As the party gathers around the doors, Vaclav takes up his accustomed place toward the rear of the group and readies his bow.

Will be working major hours for the next 2 or 3 weeks. Please DMPC Vaclav as needed to keep things rolling.


Male Half-giant Psychic warrior 5/Aegis (trailblazer) 1

Gornak checks the door for traps, and if it seems okay he opens it up.

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10


Female Human (Varisian) Wilder 6 {HP 53/53; AC 20, T 15, FF 15; F+6 R+5 W+8; Init+3 Perc+14} {Effects: Psionic Focus}

"Here, Gornak. Let me take a look too," Aylmoray says as she steps up next to the half-giant to inspect the doors.

Perception check to search for traps: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (16) + 9 = 25


Elan PW6 || hp 44 | AC 19 | T 14 | FF 15 | CMD 21 | F +7 | R +7 | W +6 | Init +6 | Per +13 | pp 16 || A 40/40 | BA 20/20 | Focused

Thanadros keeps a lookout for trouble coming from the other directions.

Perception 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (20) + 9 = 29


Male Half-giant Psychic warrior 5/Aegis (trailblazer) 1

"Okay, Miss Aylmora. But it looks safe to me."


The doors appear to be without traps, and do not seem to be locked either. There is no sound from within that you can discern.


Male Half-giant Psychic warrior 5/Aegis (trailblazer) 1

Gornak flings open the door and gets ready to charge.


Stone fonts containing frothy dark water sit to the north and south of the eastern entrance to the room, and twin banks of stone pillars run the length of the long chamber. At the western end, shallow stairs rise to a platform about two feet off the ground. The walls surrounding this platform are lit by hanging braziers that emit glowing red smoke, giving the place an unnerving crimson lighting that throws the bas-relief carvings of countless monsters feasting on fleeing humans into lurid display.

A black marble altar stone, its surface heaped with ashes and bone fragments, squats before a ten-foot-tall statue. The sculpture depicts a very pregnant but otherwise shapely naked woman who wields a kukri in each taloned hand and has a long reptilian tail, bird-like taloned feet, and the snarling head of a three-eyed jackal with a forked tongue. Its left kukri flickers with fiery orange light while the right one glows with a cold blue radiance.

Updated Map.

Even as you take in the vista, there is a flicker of movement from above, and two lean shapes, like large black greyhounds, swoop toward the door while a third hovers above and bays a terrible, haunting call.

Will save: DC12 everyone.

Initiative, and positions on the map please; I assume Gornak, Aylmora and Thanadros are near the front of the party.

Hounds: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13


Female Human (Varisian) Wilder 6 {HP 53/53; AC 20, T 15, FF 15; F+6 R+5 W+8; Init+3 Perc+14} {Effects: Psionic Focus}

DC 12 Will save: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21

Initiative: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22

Aylmora is in square J,15.


Elan PW6 || hp 44 | AC 19 | T 14 | FF 15 | CMD 21 | F +7 | R +7 | W +6 | Init +6 | Per +13 | pp 16 || A 40/40 | BA 20/20 | Focused

hp 24 | Temp 0 | NL 0 | Total hp 24
AC 19 | touch 14 | flat-footed 15 | CMD 18
Fort +4 | Ref +5 | Will +4
Status Focused

____________________________________________________________________
Round 0 Init: 17

Will 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20
Initiative 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17
Thanadros was listening towards the other two doors, so K15 would probably be appropriate.


Male Blue; Humanoid (goblinoid, psionic) Nomad 3 (from Psionics Unleashed)/Witch 2

Gob is in K12, goblins likely behind him.

Stealth, as usual 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (1) + 15 = 16

Initiative. 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8

If Will save is still necessary, due to distance: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13


Male Human of Varisian and Chelaxian descent Cleric of Erastil 6

Will save 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21
Init: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8

Know religion : 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13 to ID flying dogs

K14

Vaclav sights one of the dogs and tightens his hand on his bow and begins to draw back his shaft.


Male Half-giant Psychic warrior 5/Aegis (trailblazer) 1

Gornak is in J14. He instinctively empties his mind in order to bolster his willpower.

Will save (including Empty Mind): 1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 3 + 2 = 18

Init: 1d20 ⇒ 14


For Albrecht:
Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10
Will Save: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25
I'll place him in K13.

Temple Map

The Goblins:
Tudmunch: Initiative: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25 Will Save: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (4) - 1 = 3
Snovli: Initiative: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26 Will Save: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (3) - 1 = 2
Grivlog: Initiative: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11 Will Save: 1d20 - 3 ⇒ (17) - 3 = 14
Ratsmash: Initiative: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9 Will Save: 1d20 - 3 ⇒ (14) - 3 = 11

The two lean, massive hounds lunge to the attack (readied action):

Hound #1: Attack (Gornak): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20 Damage: 2d6 + 4 ⇒ (1, 2) + 4 = 7
Hound #2: Attack (Aylmora): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15 Damage: 2d6 + 4 ⇒ (1, 4) + 4 = 9

The hounds have a readied action, but you are not flat-footed. Gornak may make attacks of opportunity with his hammer.

Snovli 26
Tudmunch 25
Aylmora 22
Thanadros 17
Gornak 14
Hounds 13
Grivlog 11
Albrecht 10
Ratsmash 9
Gob 8+
Vaclav 8-

The howl reverberates around the room and down the passageway plucking at the primordial fears in your minds'. Tudmunch and Snovli wail in fear and their nerve breaks; they flee down the passageway in blind panic.

The other two hounds attack with savage bites both hitting unless you have buffs up still? if you activated any before descending the steps they will still be active.


Male Half-giant Psychic warrior 5/Aegis (trailblazer) 1

Attack of opportunity:
1d20 + 10 ⇒ (12) + 10 = 223d6 + 13 ⇒ (4, 6, 4) + 13 = 27

Gornak doesn't have any buffs running other than Metaphysical Weapon at the moment.


Male Blue; Humanoid (goblinoid, psionic) Nomad 3 (from Psionics Unleashed)/Witch 2

Gob chases after Tudmunch and Snovli, ordering the two new goblins to join him. "I'm sticking with you to keep you safe! Do not run where I cannot see you! You two, follow me!"

Gob follows the fleeing goblins closely, and tries to put himself in their path if possible to prevent them fleeing toward the mercenary. If he sees an empty side room he remembers to be safe, he tries to direct them toward it to hunker down.

2,101 to 2,150 of 3,877 << first < prev | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / A Rise With A Difference All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.