Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

A Rise With A Difference

Game Master Dabbler


1,851 to 1,900 of 3,876 << first < prev | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | next > last >>

Elan PW6 || hp 44 | AC 19 | T 14 | FF 15 | CMD 21 | F +7 | R +7 | W +6 | Init +6 | Per +13 | pp 16 || A 40/40 | BA 20/20 | Focused

Thanadros keeps a bead on the dead goblins, just encase they are not so dead.


Female Human (Varisian) Wilder 6 {HP 53/53; AC 20, T 15, FF 15; F+6 R+5 W+8; Init+3 Perc+14} {Effects: Psionic Focus}

Aylmora keeps an eye out at the back of the group to make sure no one approaches from behind.

Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 14


1 person marked this as a favorite.

The two Goblins are very dead, and have been for several days. One has a cloven skull and the other looks to have been trampled to death.

"B-boss," Snovli whispers. "We hear rumours from other goblins, that some Goblins try to kill Chief Ripnugget by luring him to fight terrible monster, and that he not die but got it penned up in courtyard, in outhouse ... this one!"


Male Blue; Humanoid (goblinoid, psionic) Nomad 3 (from Psionics Unleashed)/Witch 2

Gob skeptically and inquisitively raises an eyebrow at this news.

He moves toward the outhouse and looks in, best he can. assuming there is a crack/hole/cut out moon/something


There are no cracks he can see through, but something is alive in there and moving about.


Male Half-giant Psychic warrior 5/Aegis (trailblazer) 1

"Let's leave the beast in there for now and find Mister Ripnugget. Hopefully he hasn't recovered from his fight yet."

Is there anything heavy nearby suitable for blockading the door?


Male Human of Varisian and Chelaxian descent Cleric of Erastil 6

Vaclav steps into the open courtyard and looks around. "Looks like the goblins are helping us," he mutters. "Filth."

Gornak's interest peaks his interest. "Maybe we should have a look? Any enemy of Ripnugget is likely to share at least one of our goals."


Male Blue; Humanoid (goblinoid, psionic) Nomad 3 (from Psionics Unleashed)/Witch 2

Knowledge (engineering) (untrained): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23

Gob mutters something about this being too well-made for goblins, and gets sidetracked trying to figure out how this could have not a single crack, hole, opening, or the like.

The bottom of the door is flush with the courtyard? No ventilation holes, being an outhouse?

After hearing his friends' comments, gob steps aside and hides behind some detritus, crossbow aimed at the curiously-crafted door.


There are a few holes and cracks, but the structure, while crudely made, has a double-thickness wall, with the planking overlaid on both sides in a fashion that while it has gaps, are often blocked by the second layer. There is a gap of an inch or two under the door.

Perception DC10:
Smells like a stable.

Survival (track) DC15:
Shod hoof-prints everywhere around here, particularly near the door and the dead goblins, who were killed by hoof-blows.


Elan PW6 || hp 44 | AC 19 | T 14 | FF 15 | CMD 21 | F +7 | R +7 | W +6 | Init +6 | Per +13 | pp 16 || A 40/40 | BA 20/20 | Focused

Perception 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (15) + 9 = 24
Survival 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23

Thanadros walks into the court yard, takes a quick look around the out house and at the goblins. He then sniffs the air.

"This 'terrible monster,' is a horse. Should we let it out now or after we have clean house?"


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Blue; Humanoid (goblinoid, psionic) Nomad 3 (from Psionics Unleashed)/Witch 2

"Bwa-hehhe hehehehe" Gob almost bursts out laughing and turns it into a giggle, then whispers, "Tudmunch, Snovli... if I promise the *snicker* horse won't hurt you, would you mind if we bring it along to scare all the other goblins?"


Elan PW6 || hp 44 | AC 19 | T 14 | FF 15 | CMD 21 | F +7 | R +7 | W +6 | Init +6 | Per +13 | pp 16 || A 40/40 | BA 20/20 | Focused

Thanadros looks down at Gob, with a large smile. "What if you ride it? Maybe get more goblins to join the monster riding goblin?"


Snovli and Tudmunch appear paralysed by fear.

"F-f-free the h-h-horse?" Snovli squeaks.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Blue; Humanoid (goblinoid, psionic) Nomad 3 (from Psionics Unleashed)/Witch 2

Gob speaks as if to a human toddler, "You know how humans are not afraid of horses? How they ride them and tame them? Just like goblins ride and tame goblin dos [ooc](or whatever is not offensive to goblins to call them)! We have human companions that can keep the horse calm and control it. Maybe even ride it!" Gob smiles.

"And," he adds slyly, "if it gets out of hand, I'll just blast it to pieces with my mind and you can eat it for dinner later, deal?"


Male Half-Giant Monk (Monk of the Four Winds/Ki Mystic/Qinggong) 4/ Psychic Warrior 2

Looking at the size of the "stable", Albrecht clucks his tongue disapprovingly before moving up to the stable and getting ready to open the door. "So, what's the verdict?"


Male Human of Varisian and Chelaxian descent Cleric of Erastil 6

"A horse will be a burden inside the fort. Let's make sure it's ok, but leave it here for now. We can release it once we're through."

Work, holidays and prepping visits by the in-laws is leaving me rather busy IRL. Posting may be slow or non-existant for a couple weeks. DMPC Vaclav as needed.

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you all.


"Deal! Deal!" the two Goblins nod vigorously.

I expect everyone's posting could be disrupted over the period between now and the New Year, so don't sweat about posting regularly folks! If you can post, it's a bonus.


Male Blue; Humanoid (goblinoid, psionic) Nomad 3 (from Psionics Unleashed)/Witch 2

Did they agree to Gob's suggestion or Vaclav's? I'm fine with leaving it here.

Oh, and if these goblins ever do become followers, I think I want them to be rogues. Fits their personalities well.

Happy holidays to all of you too! :)


Elan PW6 || hp 44 | AC 19 | T 14 | FF 15 | CMD 21 | F +7 | R +7 | W +6 | Init +6 | Per +13 | pp 16 || A 40/40 | BA 20/20 | Focused

"If we leave it we leave it. Lets not rile it up and attract attention." Thanadros suggests.


Male Blue; Humanoid (goblinoid, psionic) Nomad 3 (from Psionics Unleashed)/Witch 2

"Agreed. Let's move on and save the poor creature later, if we can."

Perception, for next section: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11
Stealth, for next section: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (3) + 15 = 18


Male Human of Varisian and Chelaxian descent Cleric of Erastil 6

"All right. We'll come back to the horse after we've dealt with the goblin menace."

Dabbler, the door in the south wall of the courtyard -- which may lead into the room with the boarded over door (that unexplored area between C11 and C13-- is it normal or boarded over or locked?

Map


The doors out of the courtyard appear to be normal, without locks and not boarded up.


Male Half-Giant Monk (Monk of the Four Winds/Ki Mystic/Qinggong) 4/ Psychic Warrior 2

"Very well then," Albrecht says, continuing to act as a vanguard for the group, blade at the ready.

He is behind Gob however.
Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17
Stealth: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15


Male Blue; Humanoid (goblinoid, psionic) Nomad 3 (from Psionics Unleashed)/Witch 2

Gob whispers, "Suuure, hide behind the psion, big guy." Gob flashes a smile before continuing onward.


Which door are you approaching, the one unknown to the north or the one to the south?


Male Blue; Humanoid (goblinoid, psionic) Nomad 3 (from Psionics Unleashed)/Witch 2

Whichever they pointed toward? I just posted Perception & Stealth for the next section.


Elan PW6 || hp 44 | AC 19 | T 14 | FF 15 | CMD 21 | F +7 | R +7 | W +6 | Init +6 | Per +13 | pp 16 || A 40/40 | BA 20/20 | Focused

Stealth 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25 (North)
Perception 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27 (North)
Stealth 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14 (South)
Perception 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26 (South)

Thanadros silently moves to both doors, putting his ear up to each, listening for any potential threats behind them.


Male Half-giant Psychic warrior 5/Aegis (trailblazer) 1

Gornak stands beside the door whichever door is selected, hammer at the ready.


Male Blue; Humanoid (goblinoid, psionic) Nomad 3 (from Psionics Unleashed)/Witch 2

Gob creeps toward the southern door, not wanting to leave an unexplored section behind them. He signals Tudmunch and Snovli to open it, and then hide behind Gornak.


The door opens to a ten foot by ten foot room. Shelves lined with crude tools, nets, and tack and harness line the walls here. To the northeast stands a large L-shaped wooden cage that contains dozens of rabbits.

Map.


Elan PW6 || hp 44 | AC 19 | T 14 | FF 15 | CMD 21 | F +7 | R +7 | W +6 | Init +6 | Per +13 | pp 16 || A 40/40 | BA 20/20 | Focused

Seeing that there is not much in the room, Thanadros turns his attention to the northern door.

Are the nets usable as net weapons? or are they simply hunting nets?

Thanadros wrote:

Stealth 25 (North)

Perception 27 (North)

Thanadros silently moves to the north door, putting his ear up to it, listening for any potential threats.


They are hunting nets.


Male Blue; Humanoid (goblinoid, psionic) Nomad 3 (from Psionics Unleashed)/Witch 2

Gob tip-toes to the next door...

Stealth 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (12) + 15 = 27
Perception 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17


Gob:

Gob can hear nothing from behind the door.


Male Blue; Humanoid (goblinoid, psionic) Nomad 3 (from Psionics Unleashed)/Witch 2

Gob whispers, "Sounds like it's clear..."


Female Human (Varisian) Wilder 6 {HP 53/53; AC 20, T 15, FF 15; F+6 R+5 W+8; Init+3 Perc+14} {Effects: Psionic Focus}

Aylmora follows the others, crossbow locked and loaded.

Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16

Happy New Year everyone!


Male Human of Varisian and Chelaxian descent Cleric of Erastil 6

Vaclav stands about 15' back from the door with bow ready. He takes a quick look around at the other doors and the courtyard before focusing his attention on the new door.


Elan PW6 || hp 44 | AC 19 | T 14 | FF 15 | CMD 21 | F +7 | R +7 | W +6 | Init +6 | Per +13 | pp 16 || A 40/40 | BA 20/20 | Focused

Like Vaclav, Thanadros readies his bow to blast any threats when the door is opened.


Male Half-giant Psychic warrior 5/Aegis (trailblazer) 1

Gornak stands at the side of the door again.


The door swings open to reveal a short, fifteen-foot stretch of dingy passageway, some five feet wide. At the end a single door adorns the east side of the passageway. This also checks clear, and beyond it is another short stretch of passageway with a small door to the left and right.
Not for nothing did my RL group call this complex the Realm of More-Door.


Male Blue; Humanoid (goblinoid, psionic) Nomad 3 (from Psionics Unleashed)/Witch 2

"Obnoxious as all this tension is, this is a surprisingly defensible base. Good thing these goblins are too dumb to utilize the layout to their advantage."


Elan PW6 || hp 44 | AC 19 | T 14 | FF 15 | CMD 21 | F +7 | R +7 | W +6 | Init +6 | Per +13 | pp 16 || A 40/40 | BA 20/20 | Focused

Thanadros quietly moves up and listens at the doors.

Stealth 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8

Perception 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13 (Left door)
Perception 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (13) + 9 = 22 (Right door)


Thanadros:
Again, no sounds above those of the surf and the seagulls.


Male Human of Varisian and Chelaxian descent Cleric of Erastil 6

Vaclav stows his bow and draws his mace. The walls are too close and the sightlines are not good for arrows.


Male Half-giant Psychic warrior 5/Aegis (trailblazer) 1

Gornak's shoulders start to burn from all of the hammer-hoisting he's been doing lately.


Male Blue; Humanoid (goblinoid, psionic) Nomad 3 (from Psionics Unleashed)/Witch 2

"Snovli, Tudmunch, open the door and you'll get all the pickles you can eat later."


The two goblins open both doors.

One to the right opens to a small room dominated by a central table with several chairs. The table is covered in maps and drawings.

The one to the left opens to another short passageway, with a door to a foul-smelling privy (at least you can hope it's a privy) to the left again, and a door next it gives no clues.

Gob, DC10 Intelligence or Knowledge (local); anyone else DC15 Knowledge (nature):

Spoiler:
Goblins are not noted for using privies. They go where they feel like it.


Male Half-giant Psychic warrior 5/Aegis (trailblazer) 1

Gornak steps over and looks at the maps. "Do goblins use maps? Maybe these belong to their mysterious boss instead."


Male Human of Varisian and Chelaxian descent Cleric of Erastil 6

Vaclav glances down the privy passage then turns his attention to the map room. "What have we got here?" He examines the maps and papers.

Perception 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17


Male Blue; Humanoid (goblinoid, psionic) Nomad 3 (from Psionics Unleashed)/Witch 2

Int check: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6 Guess I was an outcast too long?

"Most goblins don't read. I'm an obvious exception. Anything of note, Brother Vaclav?"

1,851 to 1,900 of 3,876 << first < prev | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / A Rise With A Difference All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.