Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

A New Start

Game Master sunshadow21

The untamed lands to the north and west present great opportunity, and also great risk, for those bold enough to make their own path.


401 to 424 of 424 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | next > last >>

Male Half-Elf Urban Ranger 5

"I have a crowbar as well." Looks through his backpack for the crowbar before attempting to open the chest.

Strength:1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 4 + 2 = 8
Strength:1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 4 + 2 = 16
Strength:1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 4 + 2 = 24


"AHA!" Garrett exclaims as the latch finally pops and the treasure is revealed. "Evrail, let me help you. I think you would like what was found in that last chest." he tells the ranger with a giddy smile as he sinks his crowbar into the opposite side and syncs his prying efforts.

Strength (aid another DC 10): 1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 3 + 2 = 7 (Failure)
Strength (aid another DC 10): 1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 3 + 2 = 23 (Success, +2 to Evrail's check)
Strength (aid another DC 10): 1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 3 + 2 = 24 (Success, +2 to Evrail's check)


Male Aasimar Barbarian 2

Well let's give it a damn try then...

Aid Another action
Strength 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19


Eventually, the group is able to pop all of the chests open, and they discover what they would expect from such a tomb, simple treasure and coins appropriate to a minor noble house: 335 gp, a set of marvelous pigments, a bag of holding type 1, a ring of protection +1, and a pouch with 4 bandages of rapid recovery.


Male Aasimar Barbarian 2

"Well what do we do about that tomb, it gives me the chills just looking at it... Einar can only look at the out of place tomb with curiosity, but only feel like something is wrong.


Male Half-Elf Urban Ranger 5

"I would rather not open it if we could. Do not wish to disturb the dead." Evrail says after Einar speaks.


"O calm down! I highly doubt the museum would assign us this task if they felt it was wholly unsafe. Lets just crack it open and take a peek so we have something to return to them. After all, we've already found such wonderful treasures for ourselves. It would be both insulting and greedy of us not to at least give a try."

With that, Garrett approaches the sarcophagus and positions his crowbar in the appropriate location. Looking back to the cautious folk, "Well come on now, how about some help?"

Strength: 1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 3 + 2 = 19


Male Half-Elf Urban Ranger 5

"Alright." Evrail says.

Strength:1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6
not helping this time.


Male Human Fighter (Lasher) 3

Very well.

Strength: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12


You pop the top of the sarcophogus off with surprising ease, and find an empty space. Several of you notice what appears to be a latch that suggests the presence of a false bottom.


"Hmmmmmm..." Garrett reaches down to grab the latch and gives it a hearty pull.

Strength: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21
Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (11) + 10 = 21


Male Half-Elf Urban Ranger 5

Evrail moves to help Garrett.

Aid:1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8


The latch opens easily, and one of the short sides and the bottom of the sarcophagus fold down to reveal a stairway.


"How very curious," Garrett says after a short pause. "Why would they bury this person so far down?" He flashes a painfully confused look to the others before draping a heavily armored leg over the edge of the sarcophagus and descending the secret stairway.


Male Aasimar Barbarian 2

Sorry my PC died on me, and just got this pooptop for now

"I feel this is as bad as pulling a frost giant hair out of his arse" as he keeps shaking his head but he was here to do a job.


Male Half-Elf Urban Ranger 5

"I doubt it will be that bad." Evrail says as he follows Garrett.


You head down the stairs and come to a large room with with a fireplace on the far end, and what looks like the lounge of a gentleman's club in between. Bookshelves line the walls and chairs and tables are scattered throughout in small clumps. There appear to be several doors on either side of the room as well.


Male Aasimar Barbarian 2

Well, pick your poison... as he looks at all the doors...


"I admit this does seem to be the place but it's hardly the time to be thinking of drinking," Garrett informs the barbarian with a regretful frown. "I'd say any of these doors should be as good a choice as its neighbor so we may as well work our way down the line. Starting with..." as he speaks he reaches for the door furthest left from the rest.

Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (14) + 10 = 24


You check all of the doors, and what you find reinforces the appearance of the main room. Private meeting rooms, a library, a larger council chamber for formal group meetings (capable of holding roughly two to three dozen individuals), a small kitchen. You guess that there were probably tapestries on the walls at one time and other adornments, but now the walls are bare, and you see no signs of anything that particularly stands out to help you identify who would have used this hidden meeting place.


Male Half-Elf Urban Ranger 5

"Anyone have a guess as to why they built all of this under a tomb?"


Male Human Fighter (Lasher) 3

Atokos shrugs. My friend, I have absolutely not a clue. It certainly seems interesting, though.


Male Aasimar Barbarian 2

It just gives me the shivers, but I have no idea why go to so much troubles for it.


Time passes, and you all yourself in Borentia, this time summoned specifically for some purpose yet unknown to you. It's been a year and a summer since that fateful lottery, and though things started out promising, you can't help but feel that at least some of the promise never came to be, even if you were able to make what most would consider a successful go at your respective paths.

During that time, you have explored several old ruins in the Great Waste and the Iron Valley, but none of them produce anything particularly interesting, at least as far as the party is concerned. There are some notable architectural discoveries made, but really all the ruins they explore raise more questions and answer few, if any, of them. It is clear that there is much to understand about the mysterious vanishing overlords of the past. Still, the jobs pay you well enough, and you get a decent amount of training in the process, so it's not a total loss. Now, as you were just starting to think about settling into another winter of the north, you get a summons to Borentia for an urgent task.

New combined game thread here.

401 to 424 of 424 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / A New Start All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.