Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

A New Start

Game Master sunshadow21

The untamed lands to the north and west present great opportunity, and also great risk, for those bold enough to make their own path.


101 to 150 of 424 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | next > last >>

The one on Garrett is dead from Garrett's blow. Do you want to attack the one Evrail moved to attack or hold your ground and see what may or may not up ahead in the opening.


HP 12 | AC 14 | T 14 | FF 10 | CMD 14 | F +1 | R +6 | W +2 | Init +4 | Per +3

Round 1 map
this was hyperlinked under combat information in DM Wisdom's post to a map with the monsters on it Einar. I missed this for a day or so, and figured you might have too. Also, please don't charge the almost dead baby and leave my squishy casterly self to be mauled by whatever is probably gonna come out of that big cavern up ahead. If I'm alone and another one comes I might not be able to heal Garret.


Yeah, the map links can be hard to see, which is why I made the photo album for the generic pictures and maps. I don't have an easy solution for the encounter maps, though.


I'm sure I'll be fine... *long awkward silence*

Links are easy to hide in "OOC" comments but I think most people will look for them when you post your battle updates. Great job with the maps, by the way. They're really clean and helpful so thanks for putting them up.


HP 12 | AC 14 | T 14 | FF 10 | CMD 14 | F +1 | R +6 | W +2 | Init +4 | Per +3
Garrett Snow wrote:

I'm sure I'll be fine... *long awkward silence*

Links are easy to hide in "OOC" comments but I think most people will look for them when you post your battle updates. Great job with the maps, by the way. They're really clean and helpful so thanks for putting them up.

Yeah the maps are sweet.


As the younger ankheg that is still up struggles in combat with Evrail, slashing the ranger's arm to cause a noticable wound (5 damage), it's cries draw the attention of the parents in the cave, one of which comes charging out only to meet Einar's readied strike head on. Angered even more by the blow, it lashes out at the barbarian sinking it's mandibles into the man's arm (4 regular damage, 3 acid damage) as it tries to grapple him, but Einar is able to shake the creature off before it can secure a grip.

combat information:
Round 2 map

Initiative Order bold still to go
Party in posting order
Ankhegs

Status/Health
Balmoren 1 damage
Compy 1 damage
Einar 7 damage, raging
Evrail 6 damage
Garrett -1 hp; bleeding
Young Ankheg 1 dead
Young Ankheg 2 4 damage
Parent Ankheg 1 11 damage (significantly wounded)
Parent Ankheg 2

I took some minor liberty with Einar's action, but I think it fits well enough. The party is up.


Male Aasimar Barbarian 2

Will help Evrail then and you did the right thing, sorry been busy these days with real life issues.

Round 2
7 dmg that hurts...
Attack 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13
Damage 1d10 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8


HP 12 | AC 14 | T 14 | FF 10 | CMD 14 | F +1 | R +6 | W +2 | Init +4 | Per +3

5' step back to G8, cast Cure Light Wounds on Garret.

Balmoren steps back and crouches next to Garret. His hands begin to glow a soft white as he chants something under his breath. After a moment he places his hands on Garret's chest and causes the healing process to speed up by orders of magnitude.
Cure Light Wounds: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6
After he has done what he can for his fallen companion, he stands and points at the young Ankheg struggling with Evrail. "Compy, sick 'im!"
Compy moves to H6 and takes a bite attack on the young Ankheg.
Attack: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 16
Damage: 1d3 - 1 ⇒ (1) - 1 = 0

I believe a hit always does at least 1 dmg, also needs a DC 12 Fort save vs Posion:Bite—injury; frequency 1/round for 4 rounds; effect 1d2 Str; cure 1 save


As Aasmiar, Einar and I both have Acid Resistance 5.

Round 2, Initiative 13:

HP: 5/12
AC: 20 Touch: 14 FF 16 Total Defense +4 dodge
CMD: 18 Total Defense +4 dodge
Saves: 3/0/4
Resist: acid 5, cold 5, electricity 5
Speed: 20ft
Equipped: Bastard Sword
Abilities: Smite Evil [1/day], Daylight (DC) [1/day]
Conditions: none
+4/+4 Base Total: +4/+4

With his head swimming Garrett slowly regains consciousness. Using the sword buried in the young ankheg's head as leverage he pulls himself to his feet and tries to remember where he is and what he was doing before he blacked out; questions answered by the sound of snapping pincers and war cries. He looks to Balmoren with redness staining the whites of his eyes, "My friend, you've saved my life. I will do everything in my power to return the favor."

Stumbling ahead he greets the larger, and no doubt stronger, beast with his shield raised high in vain attempt to keep the elven witch safe from harm for a few more moments.

Move: Stand from prone; Misc: 5' step into G10; Standard Action: Total Defense

Paladin w/ Int 8 = suicidal


Male Half-Elf Urban Ranger 5

Round 2, Initiative 12
HP: 6/12

Evrail brings his sword up to swing at the ankheg again.

Attack and Damage Rolls:
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 112d6 + 6 ⇒ (4, 1) + 6 = 11


The next six seconds is filled with a lot of activity, with Evrail and Einar once more facing attacks from their respective ankhegs, but no new wounds are created on either side as none of the blows are able to penetrate armor, though many of them manage to make a minor dent in the armor they hit.

combat information:
Round 3

Initiative Order bold still to go
Party in posting order
Ankhegs

Status/Health
Balmoren 6/7
Compy 5/6
Einar 12/16, raging
Evrail 6/12
Garrett 7/12
Young Ankheg 1 dead
Young Ankheg 2 4 damage (notably wounded)
Parent Ankheg 1 11 damage (significantly wounded)
Parent Ankheg 2

Thank you for reminding me about your acid resistance; Einar's damage has been reduced accordingly. The party is up.


Male Aasimar Barbarian 2

RAARGh!!! as his anger flares for failing to hit the creature before him donning his shield and wielding his axe with both hands.

DIE!!
Attack 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22
Damage 1d10 + 10 ⇒ (10) + 10 = 20


HP 12 | AC 14 | T 14 | FF 10 | CMD 14 | F +1 | R +6 | W +2 | Init +4 | Per +3

Balmoren steps back and raises his bow on the younger Ankheg, letting loose another shaft. "No problem Garret. You'd do the same for me I'm sure."
5' Step back to G8
Attack1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8
He curses as his arrow flies wide. Compy lunges forward and snaps at the insect again.
Attack1d20 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 = 14
Damage1d3 - 1 ⇒ (2) - 1 = 1


Round 3, Initiative 13:

HP: 5/12
AC: 20 Touch: 14 FF 16 Total Defense +4 dodge
CMD: 18 Total Defense +4 dodge
Saves: 3/0/4
Resist: acid 5, cold 5, electricity 5
Speed: 20ft
Equipped: Short Sword
Abilities: Smite Evil [1/day], Daylight (DC) [1/day]
Conditions: none

+4/+4 Base, -1/+2 Power Attack; Total: +3/+5

If Ankheg in G/H 11&12 is still alive I will attack it, otherwise:

Moving as fast as his disruptive breastplate allows him, Garrett moves to Evrail's side and lends his sword against the young ankheg.

Move: to F6; Standard: Attack young Ankheg

Attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16
Damage: 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6


Male Half-Elf Urban Ranger 5

Was waiting to see if ankheg I was fighting died from Garrett's hit.

Round 3, Initiative 12:

Evrail moves to swing his sword once at at the ankheg before him.

Attack and Damage Roll:
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 112d6 + 6 ⇒ (2, 2) + 6 = 10

In spoiler in case it was dead.


Einar kills the big ankheg with a solid blow, and no one else, including the ankhegs, land a blow this round. Evrail and Garrett both hear some noise comding down the tunnel toward them that sounds a lot like an angry big bug coming fast, but can't yet see anything.

The party is up. I will get a new map posted when I get home from work in the morning.


HP 12 | AC 14 | T 14 | FF 10 | CMD 14 | F +1 | R +6 | W +2 | Init +4 | Per +3

Balmoren smiles as he sees the large ankheg fall, then he whips off another arrow at the small beast.
5' step to G9 and shoot an arrow at the young ankheg
Attack1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19
Damage1d8 ⇒ 1
Compy tries to gnaw off one of the insectoid creature's legs
Attack1d20 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 = 21
Damage1d3 - 1 ⇒ (2) - 1 = 1
Confirmation1d20 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 = 14
Critical Damage1d3 - 1 ⇒ (3) - 1 = 2


Male Aasimar Barbarian 2

Einar will try and find the next possible target to finish the little bugs before big mommy comes to la a beatdown

Attack 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15
Damage 1d10 + 10 ⇒ (8) + 10 = 18


Round 4, Initiative 13:

HP: 5/12
AC: 20 Touch: 14 FF 16 Total Defense +4 dodge
CMD: 18 Total Defense +4 dodge
Saves: 3/0/4
Resist: acid 5, cold 5, electricity 5
Speed: 20ft
Equipped: Short Sword
Abilities: Smite Evil [1/day], Daylight (DC) [1/day]
Conditions: none

+4/+4 Base, -1/+2 Power Attack; Total: +3/+5

"Just a matter of time you foul smelling crab!" Garrett calls out as he swings his short sword at the young ankheg.

Attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
Damage: 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9


Male Half-Elf Urban Ranger 5

Round 4, Initiative 12
6/12 HP
Evrail growls, hoping to land a hit on the ankheg.

Attack and Damage Roll:
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 222d6 + 6 ⇒ (6, 1) + 6 = 13


After dropping the adult ankheg, the party swarms the remaining child and manages to drop it as the other parent comes roaring down the tunnel, angry at the assault on it's nest and family. Trying to bite at Einar, who once more is the closest foe, it misses completely, it's rage being too much to immediately control.

combat information:
Round 5

Initiative Order bold still to go
Party in posting order
Ankhegs

Status/Health
Balmoren 6/7
Compy 5/6
Einar 12/16, raging
Evrail 6/12
Garrett 7/12
Young Ankheg 1 dead
Young Ankheg 2 dead
Parent Ankheg 1 dead
Parent Ankheg 2 charged

The party is up.


Male Aasimar Barbarian 2

Nice just one left and the meat shield is still going at it xD


HP 12 | AC 14 | T 14 | FF 10 | CMD 14 | F +1 | R +6 | W +2 | Init +4 | Per +3

Balmoren cheers as the baby falls, and levels his bow at the other angry parent. Feels a bit like genocide....hmm...oh well.
Attack1d20 + 4 - 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 - 4 = 12 (shooting into combat)
Damage1d8 ⇒ 2
Compy is gonna back off to stand by Balmoren.

Forgot to -4 from my last shot DM, sorry >_<!


Round 5, Initiative 13:

HP: 5/12
AC: 20 Touch: 14 FF 16 Total Defense +4 dodge
CMD: 18 Total Defense +4 dodge
Saves: 3/0/4
Resist: acid 5, cold 5, electricity 5
Speed: 20ft
Equipped: Short Sword
Abilities: Smite Evil [1/day], Daylight (DC) [1/day]
Conditions: none

Attack: +4/+3 Base, -1/+2 Power Attack; Total: +3/+5

Going the long way around (to prevent AoO's) the young paladin presses his attack from the slightly above the final known beast leaving room for the others to fill in around it.

Move: F5; Standard: Attack Ankheg

Attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9
Damage: 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6


Male Aasimar Barbarian 2

In his silent rage he swings wildly against eh ankheng

Attack 1d20 ⇒ 6
Damage 1d10 ⇒ 10

I guess that was to wild lol I totally missed...


Einar Hakon wrote:

In his silent rage he swings wildly against eh ankheng

Attack 1d20
Damage 1d10

I guess that was to wild lol I totally missed...

You may have a better chance at hitting if you added in your attack and damage modifiers lol! ;p


The party struggles to take the beast down as it grabs at the barbarian, landing a solid blow at it firmly gets the barbarian in between it's large pincers.

[spoiler=combat information (Round 6)]
no new map, as I assume you are just going to swarm it.

Initiative Order bold still to go
Party in posting order
Ankhegs

Status/Health
Balmoren 6/7
Compy 5/6
Einar 4/16, raging, grappled
Evrail 6/12
Garrett 7/12
Young Ankheg 1 dead
Young Ankheg 2 dead
Parent Ankheg 1 dead
Parent Ankheg 2 grappling

The party is up. Evrail can still take his attack from last round as well; I was just trying to keep things moving, and even a crit would not bring the creature down.


HP 12 | AC 14 | T 14 | FF 10 | CMD 14 | F +1 | R +6 | W +2 | Init +4 | Per +3

Seeing Einar caught in the beasts' mandibles Balmoren curses softly in elven before releasing another arrow
Attack1d20 + 4 - 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 - 4 = 16
Damage1d8 ⇒ 4


Round 6, Initiative 13:

HP: 5/12
AC: 20 Touch: 14 FF 16 Total Defense +4 dodge
CMD: 18 Total Defense +4 dodge
Saves: 3/0/4
Resist: acid 5, cold 5, electricity 5
Speed: 20ft
Equipped: Short Sword
Abilities: Smite Evil [1/day], Daylight (DC) [1/day]
Conditions: none

Attack/Damage: +4/+3 Base; Total: +4/+3

"Put him down you overgrown cockroach!" Garrette cries helplessly as he fumbles with his sword, trying not to hit the dangling aasimar who seems to be buffering his every move.

Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6
Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

Sorry for the oppressive dice :(


Male Half-Elf Urban Ranger 5

Sorry about no post, final stuff for the next 2 weeks.

Round 5, Initiative 12:

Evrail moves forward to take a swing at the large Ankheg.
Attack and Damage Roll:
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 152d6 + 6 ⇒ (2, 3) + 6 = 11

Round 6, Initiative 12:

Evrail swings at the Ankheg, once again hoping to help.
Attack and Damage Roll:
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 242d6 + 6 ⇒ (4, 1) + 6 = 11

Crit Confirm:
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 222d6 + 6 ⇒ (4, 1) + 6 = 11


Balmoren's arrow annoys the giant bug, but it doesn't have time to screech out as Evrail buries his weapon into the creature's side. As it ceases to move, silence descends on the tunnels once more.


HP 12 | AC 14 | T 14 | FF 10 | CMD 14 | F +1 | R +6 | W +2 | Init +4 | Per +3

"Yahooo!" Balmoren cheers as Evrail strikes down the beast. "You really are a monster hunter, cousin! That was great." He begins to swing his bow around in the air making wooshing noises, while his prehensile hair forms vaguely insect-like shapes and 'fights' the bow. "Guess we can go back and tell the sheriff everything's taken care of. Wonder how much they'll pay us for these shells at the keep?"


Male Aasimar Barbarian 2

LOL!! I swear I did put the modifiers

Will end m rage now that combat is over

Picking up his shield looking tired Well that was a nice fight, I just need to rest for a moment, I get a little over the top sometimes as he smiles towards the rest.


Nicely done Evrail!

Seeing that the better suited warriors were able to finish off the monstrous insect, Garrett Snow lets out a sore sigh of relief and takes a look at the heinous wound inflicted upon him. His freshly forged breastplate did little to protect him from the ankheg's bite other than perhaps blunting the depth the pincers may have reached. Another blow four inches left of the navel will surely compromise this armor's effectiveness, he thinks to himself

"A bit of rest would be greatly welcomed my friend. I fear our brush with yesterday's pest may have given us a false idea of their capabilities. It's no wonder why the townsfolk have gathered a militia to root them out."

A waste of money you are, he thinks to himself as he slips the short sword into the scabbard at his waist. I would have likely fared much better had I went with the "Bastard's Sword", as Bailor so fondly dubbed it.

Turning to Balmoren, "I'd like to thank you again for saving my life. I had no idea the Gods still lent their powers to their priests. Given your skills that IS what you are, right?"


HP 12 | AC 14 | T 14 | FF 10 | CMD 14 | F +1 | R +6 | W +2 | Init +4 | Per +3

"I dunno what I am friend. Compy here teaches me the ancient secrets of time. All I did was speed up your natural healing processes manyfold."


Garrett gives a bewildered look to the lizard and then back to Balmoren. "It... teaches you!?" he asks, his pale violet eyes wide with amazement.


HP 12 | AC 14 | T 14 | FF 10 | CMD 14 | F +1 | R +6 | W +2 | Init +4 | Per +3

"In a way yeah. It quite difficult to explain, I guess he's more a conduit than a teacher. Suffice it to say I am no priest. I've been called a witch by some, I suppose that works well enough."


"A witch? Hmmph... Well whatever it is you are I am thankful for the abilities bestowed upon you. In return for kindness, I pledge to you my sword for as long as we're travel together. It may not be very glamorous but it is all I have to offer."


HP 12 | AC 14 | T 14 | FF 10 | CMD 14 | F +1 | R +6 | W +2 | Init +4 | Per +3

"I require no pledge but friendship Garret. We're all in this together." Balmoren walks over and puts his hand on Garret's shoulder while smiling kindly. Compy rubs against Garret's leg and chirps happily. "Looks like compy found a friend too!"


"Then consider it a bonus for you have my friendship as well," the paladin grins, rising to his feet to shake the elf's hand. "Now. The matter at hand..." he announces to the group as he studies the mess of shells littering the caverns. "How do you suppose we go about dragging these things out?"


Male Aasimar Barbarian 2

"That is somewhat confusing to me... So are you the pet or is it the other way around then?" as he sits down and look at all the dead creatures Well aren't you also a rule breaker... my people used to say the only good witch is a dead one" almost spitting when saying the word witch like it choked him with disgust. "Well we are not at home, so I don't really care for your profession, you are a tough good lad and that is all I need for a companion" giving Balmoren a big smile and grin, but piercing him with his golden eyes at the same time.


You are eventually able to get the bodies out of the tunnels, and Leroy is waiting. He seems impressed when he sees what you were able to kill, and helps you with the skinning. You are able to get your wagon and put the parts you want in it, while Leroy sets the rest aside for his own use. At one point, the ugliest looking vulture you've ever seen (it looks like one of it's parents was a treant) comes down out of nowhere to munch on some of the juicier bits. It takes most of the day to complete the operation, and it's supper time when you roll back into the hamlet with your loaded wagon. You are greeted warmly by the sheriff, and spend the majority of the evening telling your story to everyone before retiring to bed after a long, exhausting day.

Do any of you want to do anything further before heading out in the morning?

Congratulations, you are now level 2. Let me know in the OOC thread when you are ready to proceed.


Male Aasimar Barbarian 2

I will search the area for whatever we could find

Before we leave the place I inspect the area in search of anything that might be useful.

Perception 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (15) + 9 = 24


You find recently hatched eggs, animal carcasses, ankheg droppings, etc. Apparently the parents at least were smart enough not to go after human prey.


"I don't think any of this will fetch the kind of price the shells will," Garrett tells Einar as he looks over the findings.

Before leaving, Garrett thanks Leroy for his assistance and bids him good luck in whatever it is that he does around here.

"Tell me sheriff, have you ever thought about trading your towns agricultural surplus to the ATA for some proper defensive or preventive gear to combat your vermin troubles?"


The sheriff snorts at the suggestion. "The idiot representative in Tent City refuses to pay what it worth. Says it's not important enough for him to spend his resources on except for whatever he has left over after taking care of the important purchases. The man's a fool, but whatever, it's his loss."


Male Aasimar Barbarian 2

"Nothing more you can do against that as Einar shrugs his shoulders.


Male Half-Elf Urban Ranger 5

Evrail nods "That is true. I seemed to notice that failing in those who rule. Tend to think of the here and now without much thought for later."


Garrett looks fundamentally appalled. "THAT is a grave injustice! Where is Tent City? I will personally see to it that you and the people of your town are properly protected from such a serious and ever present threat. You said yourself that these shells are of great value. Perhaps if you and your militia were properly outfitted you could hunt these pests down AND sell their remains. That way there would be less ankhegs to fear as well as valuable bargaining stock," he gives himself a pleased smile as he scans the faces in the crowd for a similar reaction. "Just point us in the right direction and we will see to it that you and yours are taken care of."


HP 12 | AC 14 | T 14 | FF 10 | CMD 14 | F +1 | R +6 | W +2 | Init +4 | Per +3

Balmoren listens to the chatter with interest. "Come to think of it I just joined up with you guys without really knowing what we're doing. You've mentioned the ATA twice now Garret. Wanna fill me in on your, well I guess our, mission?" He rests his chin in both his palms, elbows down on the table and looks at the others intently awaiting an explanation.

101 to 150 of 424 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / A New Start All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.