Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


A Nation Is Born (Inactive)

Game Master Ryuko

A group of intrepid new adventurers attempt to tame The Stolen Lands.


151 to 200 of 335 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>

HP 13/13, AC 15, CMD 15/19, Fort +5, Ref +5, Will +1, Perception +8

The light one from the left-

attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

aaand fail.


Male Human Wizard Foresight School, (AC17/13/10, HP8Current 8Conditions: Nil)

Though loathe to burn through a second spell from his limited range, an unprotected wizard is a dead one. Deacon casts Mage Armor on himself and then moves towards the bandit he dropped with his sleep spell, for he was without any weapon either and the bandits would do nicely.


Male Human Wizard Foresight School, (AC17/13/10, HP8Current 8Conditions: Nil)

.


Male Human Cleric 4 (HP 27;AC16,T11,FF15; F+6,R+3,W+9; Init +1; Perc +3){Effects:none}

As one bandit closes in on him, Bydar is forced to turn to his glaive.

to hit": 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
dmg": 1d10 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

If I'm accidentally going twice in this round, just ignore.


Male Human Wizard Foresight School, (AC17/13/10, HP8Current 8Conditions: Nil)

I can see why. Where has everybody gone?


Half-ogre Barbarian 4 HP 49/49, DR 2, AC 14, FF 14, Touch 10, CMD 16, Fort +6, Ref +1, Will +0, Rage rounds 12/12

Still here, just waiting


Male Human Oracle 1

Round 2

Making a quick small step backwards, Alexei plants his feet firmly in the ground, spacing them evenly in a balanced, defensive stance. He makes a simple gesture with his free hand, whispering to the spirits for their guidance in combat.

Move Action: Five-foot step away from the nearest bandit. Standard Action: Cast divine favor spell.


Male Human Wizard Foresight School, (AC17/13/10, HP8Current 8Conditions: Nil)

Already posted my rd2.above. Cast Mage armor+ move


Male Human Super Cruel DM 10

Kastus

Kastus pushes forward through the swirling blades and attacks once more: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21 For 1d10 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16

Cutting down yet another bandit in a spray of blood from his blade.

Round 2 Bad Guys

The flurry of attacks fail to find the enemies, and each of them moves in to attack:

Bandit near Kastus:1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8 for 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7
Tree Bandit Attacking Deacon:1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19 for 1d8 ⇒ 2
Attacking Raxus:1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14 for 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
Attacking Alexei:1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22 for 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4. Crit:1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5 for 1d6 + 2 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 2 + 4 = 8. No Dice.
Attacking Bydar:1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18 for 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
Kressel attacking Bydar:1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7 and 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19 for 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6 and 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

The bandits strike quickly and without mercy. Kastus keeps himself safe easily, but an arrow strikes Deacon in the leg as bandits hit Raxus and Alexei with striking blows. Finally, the bandits who step in to attack Bydar hit mercilessly and nearly drive him to his knees. You're at 0 hp


Male Human Wizard Foresight School, (AC17/13/10, HP8Current 8Conditions: Nil)

Still rd2

Having taken an arrow to the leg Deacon reaches the sleeping bandit and checks him for weapons Does he have a sword? Mace? Dagger? Not doing a search yet, just want a weapon.

He serveys the sleeping fool, I don't like it but I may have to kill him now. This fight is not going well.


Male Human Super Cruel DM 10

He has a short sword, dagger and a longbow.


Male Human Cleric 4 (HP 27;AC16,T11,FF15; F+6,R+3,W+9; Init +1; Perc +3){Effects:none}

Bydar goes down and lays very very stillAs poorly as I've been rolling, I'm almost afraid to try doing anything at this stage anyway ;)


Male Human Oracle 1

Alexei quickly shuffles his feet, adopting a defensive stance. He slashes quickly with his sword, testing the defenses of his enemy.

Standard Action: Sword attack at the nearest bandit: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8 (miss).


Male Human Wizard Foresight School, (AC17/13/10, HP8Current 8Conditions: Nil)

Prescience:1d20 ⇒ 9

Deacon picks up the Dagger This is the fates telling me I need to learn to shoot one.of those.

Out of helpful offensive spells he commits to a partial charge with the only weapon he had any skill with
Partial Charge (Power Attack)to flank with Raxus1d20 + 2 + 2 - 1 ⇒ (6) + 2 + 2 - 1 = 9
Damage1d4 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 + 2 = 8

Deacon's innate sense of time and the future fortelling his miss, he uses his Prescience power to skew fate his way Prescience roll was 9 so attack roll = 12. 5 uses left.
Doing his best to sound fearsome, I am here friend


Half-ogre Barbarian 4 HP 49/49, DR 2, AC 14, FF 14, Touch 10, CMD 16, Fort +6, Ref +1, Will +0, Rage rounds 12/12

Can we get a map or a description of the layout of the area?


Male Human Super Cruel DM 10

There's a map in the thread a bit above. Every combatant other than Kastus, the bandit near him and the two in the trees are within one move of you, fighting in the camp area.


Half-ogre Barbarian 4 HP 49/49, DR 2, AC 14, FF 14, Touch 10, CMD 16, Fort +6, Ref +1, Will +0, Rage rounds 12/12

Raxus grunts and grits his teeth as the bandit before him cuts deep into his leg. Snarling, he swings his heavy branch-

attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20
damage: 1d10 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 15

-and grunts a word in a savage guttural tongue, pointing towards the staggered warrior.
Ordering dogs to guard Bydar, free action. If the bandit in front of Raxus is down, he'll move to help him also.


HP 13/13, AC 15, CMD 15/19, Fort +5, Ref +5, Will +1

Sprinting to the downed warrior, the pair of massive hounds leap upon the bandit who had attacked him.

attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21
damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

Trip if attack successful: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
no trip :(


HP 13/13, AC 15, CMD 15/19, Fort +5, Ref +5, Will +1, Perception +8

attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6
miss :(


Male Human Super Cruel DM 10

Kastus Round 3

Kastus turns with a whirl of his blade and strikes again, his blade bloody from the enemies already dead, but his blade strikes not as true, skittering from leather shoulders as the man ducks.

Attack:1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9 For 1d10 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9

Bandits Round 3

The bandit threatening Raxus is sent to slumber by his club, dropping into the mud at his feet even as Dusk savages the bandit attacking Bydar. From the trees there is a yell and a man falls, slapping at his burning pants.

3d6 ⇒ (6, 4, 4) = 14

His fall is savage and he does not rise. The other lookout fires another arrow, seeing that his target is wounded. The bandit near Bydar turns to face the new threat, angered at his deep bites, and Kressle moves forward with him, attempting to take the hound's master down.

Bandit Attacking Kastus:1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11
Tree Bandit Attacking Deacon:1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20 For 1d8 ⇒ 7
Bandit Attacking Alexei:1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17 For 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8
Bandit Attacking Dusk:1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
Kressle Attacking Raxus:1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16 For 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

The arrow strikes true and Deacon falls with a cry. Alexei and Raxus are also both slashed heavily, though not so much as their new ally.

This may... become an issue. The dice are not going in your favor.


Male Human Wizard Foresight School, (AC17/13/10, HP8Current 8Conditions: Nil)

Hate to mention it Raxus but Handling your dogs is a move action unless they are animal companions.

Fort Save to become stable1d20 + 1 - 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 - 1 = 10

Deacon falls, his spell unable to turn aside the strike. -1 HP and Stable


Half-ogre Barbarian 4 HP 49/49, DR 2, AC 14, FF 14, Touch 10, CMD 16, Fort +6, Ref +1, Will +0, Rage rounds 12/12
Deacon Nasser wrote:

Hate to mention it Raxus but Handling your dogs is a move action unless they are animal companions.

Thanks. I didn't take a move action anyway, so I think it's all good.


Male Human Oracle 1

Round 3

Blood running down his arm to the grip of his spiritual sword, Alexei fights with renewed vigor knowing he's this close to death.

Ancestors, hear my words and know I'd rather die fighting then live and shame you!

Standard Action: Fighting Defensively (-4 atk, +2 AC) Sword Attack at the nearest bandit: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20 for 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6 slashing damage.


Male Human Cleric 4 (HP 27;AC16,T11,FF15; F+6,R+3,W+9; Init +1; Perc +3){Effects:none}

Are the bandits still in melee range of Bydar? considering casting a CLW on himself but I'd prefer not to get an AOO on me which might defeat the purpose.


Male Human Super Cruel DM 10

They are not, they've moved away to fight Raxus and his hounds.


Male Human Cleric 4 (HP 27;AC16,T11,FF15; F+6,R+3,W+9; Init +1; Perc +3){Effects:none}

Sweet Shelyn, remind me to thank the owner, and find a whole stag for his dogs to feast on. Bydar prays gives a wheezy prayer to his goddess for healing.

Cure Light wounds on self": 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

(Edited)He's at 2 hp. *throws confetti*


Male Human (Taldan) Fighter 1

Breathing easily, Kastus' fierce grin turns to disappointment as the third bandit fails to fall to his steel. "Just die already, damn dog! I have more important issues to deal with!"

Ending his twirling swordwork, Kastus opts for a more direct approach. Gripping the hilt of his blade in both hands, he parries the bandit's wild slashes before stepping in to deliver a sharp, cracking blow to the bandit's chin with the pommel of his sword. Shifting his grip, he half-hafts the sword and drives if forward at his foe's gut.

B.Sword:1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20
Damage:1d10 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14


Male Human Super Cruel DM 10

Raxus Round 3

Raxus, enraged by the woman ahead of him, strikes out with his club in a massive downward arc.

1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24 For 1d10 + 10 ⇒ (2) + 10 = 12

The woman attempts to set her axes against the blow but Raxus' arm is just too mighty and she falls back a step as the branch slams into her. Dawn and Dusk move to flank and attack the bandit they've begun to savage.

Attack:1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23 For 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8
Attack:1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14 For 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

As Dawn distracts the nasty man Dusk gets his mighty jaws around his leg and with a toss of his head pulls a chunk away, making the man fall into the dirt. He is soon followed by Kastus' final opponent.

Bandits Round 4

The bandits renew their attack, the bowman switching his target to the undamaged Rostlander.

Bow Attacking Kastus:1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
Bandit Attacking Alexei:1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11
Kressle attacking Raxus:1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14 And 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21 For 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

Sense Motive DC 10:
The remaining bandits are certainly wavering, though their leader is still savage in her strikes and those that look toward the wood look back to her and stay standing.


Half-ogre Barbarian 4 HP 49/49, DR 2, AC 14, FF 14, Touch 10, CMD 16, Fort +6, Ref +1, Will +0, Rage rounds 12/12

Didn't realize I was behind a round. Thanks. All that is great, except that I'd like to Rage as well. My HP are too low not to.


Male Human Wizard Foresight School, (AC17/13/10, HP8Current 8Conditions: Nil)

Cheerleader voice: Go Kastus, Go Raxus! Woo!


Male Human Super Cruel DM 10

Round 4 Everybody. Go Go!


Male Human Wizard Foresight School, (AC17/13/10, HP8Current 8Conditions: Nil)

Deacon remains out cold.


Half-ogre Barbarian 4 HP 49/49, DR 2, AC 14, FF 14, Touch 10, CMD 16, Fort +6, Ref +1, Will +0, Rage rounds 12/12

Raxus whistles for his dogs, sorely pressed.

Move action, waiting a moment for dogs to close before swinging


HP 13/13, AC 15, CMD 15/19, Fort +5, Ref +5, Will +1, Perception +8

Dawn rushes to her master's aid, but the nimble warrior dodges away.

1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 5 + 2 = 10


HP 13/13, AC 15, CMD 15/19, Fort +5, Ref +5, Will +1

Followed by Dusk, who takes the opening to sink his teeth into his enemy's calf.

1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 5 + 2 = 23
damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

trip attempt: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 5 + 2 = 10


Half-ogre Barbarian 4 HP 49/49, DR 2, AC 14, FF 14, Touch 10, CMD 16, Fort +6, Ref +1, Will +0, Rage rounds 12/12

Raxus snarls, his pupils contracting and his lips peeling back to reveal a sharp set of decidedly inhuman fangs. He ignores the wound that should have felled him and swings again as his hounds close in.

raging flanking power attack: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (13) + 9 = 22
damage: 1d10 + 13 ⇒ (7) + 13 = 20


Male Human (Taldan) Fighter 1

His third opponent fallen, Kastus swiftly runs to aid his allies. He makes no further attempt to mask his presence, instead opting for the loud clink and jangle of his scale armor as he speeds his way toward the camp proper.

"Let's make them pay, the bastards!"


Male Human Wizard Foresight School, (AC17/13/10, HP8Current 8Conditions: Nil)

Holy Crap! Half Ogres are strong!


Half-ogre Barbarian 4 HP 49/49, DR 2, AC 14, FF 14, Touch 10, CMD 16, Fort +6, Ref +1, Will +0, Rage rounds 12/12

Rawr.


Male Human Cleric 4 (HP 27;AC16,T11,FF15; F+6,R+3,W+9; Init +1; Perc +3){Effects:none}

Bydar moves towards Deacon and prays over him, healing him if he can.

If I can't get there AND heal, then ignore the dice roll. Otherwise...

cure light wounds": 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8


Male Human Wizard Foresight School, (AC17/13/10, HP8Current 8Conditions: Nil)

Crosses fingers


Male Human Wizard Foresight School, (AC17/13/10, HP8Current 8Conditions: Nil)

Assuming Deacon is healed

As the Healing energies wash over him, Deacon takes in a sharp breath. Gahh! I'm awake! Where's that son of a...


Male Human Super Cruel DM 10

Sorry guys, still on slow posting due to friend in town for another week, then returning to usual 1/day or 2days schedule.

Deacon stands, stunned, just in time to watch Dusk tear into Kressle's leg, holding her in place long enough for Raxus' mighty branch to smash into her unprotected torso, taking her to the ground. The remaining bandit throws his blade to the ground and you hear the man in the tree do the same. "Please, by the Gods, we surrender. Don't kill us."


Male Human Cleric 4 (HP 27;AC16,T11,FF15; F+6,R+3,W+9; Init +1; Perc +3){Effects:none}

"Mercy is a gift, we'll think on whether you're worthy of it," Very hard to be forgiving when you nearly died. Still, I'm supposed to be a priest of love, not revenge. He moves to gather up the fallen blade


Half-ogre Barbarian 4 HP 49/49, DR 2, AC 14, FF 14, Touch 10, CMD 16, Fort +6, Ref +1, Will +0, Rage rounds 12/12

Still in the fits of unbridaled savagery, Raxus swings brutally down into the fallen bandit again, then throws his branch to the side and roars to the sky before picking the body up like a rag doll and slamming it to the ground again.

Coup de Grace. 46 damage. Next round, unarmed coup de grace. 20 damage.

Huffing like an angry monster, Raxus stares down at the remaining bandits like a bull about to charge, bleading terribly from ragged sword wounds. It is clear that anything might set him to violence once more.


Male Human Wizard Foresight School, (AC17/13/10, HP8Current 8Conditions: Nil)

I assume combat is over, so I'm gonna post a couple of actions here.
Deacon looks to the archer who previously shot him down, grabs the nearest bow (either off Kessel or from the Bandit still snoozing), and casts True Strike then fires at the tree bandit.

Ranged non-proficent, PBS, True Strike1d20 + 20 + 1 - 4 ⇒ (18) + 20 + 1 - 4 = 35
PBShot Damage1d6 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

He speaks loudly and coldly, Actually I believe we are legally required to rid this place of Bandits!


Male Human Wizard Foresight School, (AC17/13/10, HP8Current 8Conditions: Nil)

Whassup? Did I kill him


Male Human Super Cruel DM 10

Sorry Guys. Friend Visit over, back to normal posting schedule of once per day or two days.

The man takes the arrow to the shoulder and due to his precarious position begins to fall.

3d6 ⇒ (2, 4, 3) = 9

After hitting the ground, he does not rise again. The last bandit looks around in terror. "Please! I Surrender! I can give you information if you let me live... Please..."


Male Human Wizard Foresight School, (AC17/13/10, HP8Current 8Conditions: Nil)

Having dropped the tree Bandit, Deacon moves back towards his very large 'friend' and starts looting the bodies.

Speak then, for the laws reguarding bandits are clear. What you say had better be worth your life.


Male Human Cleric 4 (HP 27;AC16,T11,FF15; F+6,R+3,W+9; Init +1; Perc +3){Effects:none}

Bydar stands still with a frown on his face waiting for the last bandit to talk.

151 to 200 of 335 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / A Nation is Born: Ryuko's Kingmaker All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.