Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Starfinder


Pathfinder Society


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Paizo.com Gift Certificates
On Sale and Clearance!

A Heroes Beginning (Inactive)

Game Master Archae

A group of beginning young heroes leave the sleepy little village they have trained in and begin their adventures.


751 to 800 of 801 << first < prev | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | next > last >>

Male Human (Barbarian) Brawler (Wild Child) 3 | HP 30/34 | AC 19 TO 14 FF 15 | F +7 R +7 W +2 | CMD 21 | Init +3 | Perc +6
Shiva:
HP 16/16 | AC 18 TO 15 FF 13 | F +5 R +8 W +4 | CMD 19 | Init +4 | Perc +2 LLV Scent

Perception (Bump): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22
Perception (Shiva): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13 Scent, low-light vision

Bump and Shiva might continue right behind the front-line... Since neither of us two can see on the dark, I'd say Brand should be ahead, or we should get a source of light


Make
Vital Stats:
Goblin Unchained Rogue 3 HP 18/30 | AC 19, FF 13, T 17 | F +3 R +9 W +1 |Init. +6 | CMB 6 | CMD 17 | Speed 30ft
Skills:
Acrobatics 12, Appraise 8, Bluff 5, Climb 7, Disable Device 12, Escape Artist 10, Know Dungeon 7, Know Local 7, Linguistics 7, Perception 6, Ride 10, Sense Motive 5, Sleight of Hand 12, Stealth 18, Swim 7, Use Magic Device 4

Brand steps forward and looks about for traps and such.

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9

"There may be traps stay back from me a ways I don't need the torch. If I yell come running."

"A ways" = an in character statement which means close enough so you are still close.


Female Human barbarian Kineticist/3

After going through the door first Maria, perhaps unintentionally ends up near the back of the group in the dark.

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26

Why is it always perception?


Female Aasimars [Outsider Native] Cleric L3

Perception 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18

picks up her spear and heads out with the others.


Male .... .....

Entering the darkened, lightless, ruins you follow a long empty hallway.

You come to a room large and open, large rows of potted plants and such seems to suggest this room is some kind of garden, light pours from the ceiling from outside, the room is noticably hotter and more humid, the air is thick. As you enter the door, shuts behind you and will not open. there is another door on the far end of the room.

will and fortitude saves.

perception dc 25:

Something feels odd in this room, the floor doesn't feel right...not cold like stone but as if your stepping on something. you hear the sound of stone sliding.

you get two will saves cause something seems off


Female Human barbarian Kineticist/3

Fort: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12

Will: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

Will x2: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15

See? Why couldn't one of those be a 19?


Male .... .....

Guys?


Make
Vital Stats:
Goblin Unchained Rogue 3 HP 18/30 | AC 19, FF 13, T 17 | F +3 R +9 W +1 |Init. +6 | CMB 6 | CMD 17 | Speed 30ft
Skills:
Acrobatics 12, Appraise 8, Bluff 5, Climb 7, Disable Device 12, Escape Artist 10, Know Dungeon 7, Know Local 7, Linguistics 7, Perception 6, Ride 10, Sense Motive 5, Sleight of Hand 12, Stealth 18, Swim 7, Use Magic Device 4

Will: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 = 21
Will: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
fort : 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8
perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26

Brand daggers in hand turns to the sound of the stone, "Something or someone is here with us . . . Its a trap."

I guess its to late to check for traps. Going forward Brand likes to check Doors, new rooms and halls all call for checks.


Male .... .....

only Maria get's the second will save actually my bad benefit's of passing the perception check


Male Human (Barbarian) Brawler (Wild Child) 3 | HP 30/34 | AC 19 TO 14 FF 15 | F +7 R +7 W +2 | CMD 21 | Init +3 | Perc +6
Shiva:
HP 16/16 | AC 18 TO 15 FF 13 | F +5 R +8 W +4 | CMD 19 | Init +4 | Perc +2 LLV Scent

Bump:

Will: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18
Fort: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14
Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19

Shiva:

Will: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8
Fort: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13
Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6 Low-light Vision, Scent

What? What do you mean? - says Bump, pulling his companion behind him instinctively - I see another door ahead!


Male .... .....

i cant accept those perception checks guys, you've already attempted a roll for it, prior, also stuffs about to happen you wont be able to check for traps. i'll post continuing tommorow of tonight


Make
Vital Stats:
Goblin Unchained Rogue 3 HP 18/30 | AC 19, FF 13, T 17 | F +3 R +9 W +1 |Init. +6 | CMB 6 | CMD 17 | Speed 30ft
Skills:
Acrobatics 12, Appraise 8, Bluff 5, Climb 7, Disable Device 12, Escape Artist 10, Know Dungeon 7, Know Local 7, Linguistics 7, Perception 6, Ride 10, Sense Motive 5, Sleight of Hand 12, Stealth 18, Swim 7, Use Magic Device 4

So Brand doesn't warn anyone. Only Maria gets a shot at the spoiler perception.


Male .... .....

The perception checks i had you do earlier where you rolled a 9. Only maria had passed it.


Male .... .....

will save dc 18:

After a few moments in the room, you begin to notice the rooms floor begin changing.

The room is actually much thicker with vegetation, thick with fungus. you can see the spores in the air.

in other words parts of the room was an illusion designed to keep, you in the long enough for the spores in the air to effect you.

the floor, is actually moving, below a dark pit. if you didnt see it you would have fallen, but you see it so you can jump.

so here's the deal we need to continue so if you haven't rolled the saves as asked i assume you failed. Bump, your the only one who passed.

Everyone begins falling asleep in the room and quickly fall unconscious among the foliage. Except Bump, your used to the wilds you resist the dangerous spores in the air. you have 1 full turn, you can make it to the door on the other side no problems, no checks. If you grab a companion you can still do it though you'll need to make acrobatics check. or if you have other ideas you can ask about those. though you have little time.


Male Human (Barbarian) Brawler (Wild Child) 3 | HP 30/34 | AC 19 TO 14 FF 15 | F +7 R +7 W +2 | CMD 21 | Init +3 | Perc +6
Shiva:
HP 16/16 | AC 18 TO 15 FF 13 | F +5 R +8 W +4 | CMD 19 | Init +4 | Perc +2 LLV Scent

Bump looks around as people start dropping. The young human shakes his head, worried, and doesn't have much time to think at all. Finally, he decides to run to the other door, jump the pit and pull together someone with him. His first reflex would be to carry Shiva, but he knows better his companion won't be of much help. He ends up trying to carry Maria, hoping she can pull a trick from her kinetic powers.

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25


Female Human barbarian Kineticist/3

Eyyyy. First pick!


Make
Vital Stats:
Goblin Unchained Rogue 3 HP 18/30 | AC 19, FF 13, T 17 | F +3 R +9 W +1 |Init. +6 | CMB 6 | CMD 17 | Speed 30ft
Skills:
Acrobatics 12, Appraise 8, Bluff 5, Climb 7, Disable Device 12, Escape Artist 10, Know Dungeon 7, Know Local 7, Linguistics 7, Perception 6, Ride 10, Sense Motive 5, Sleight of Hand 12, Stealth 18, Swim 7, Use Magic Device 4

Wasn't my 21 will save high enough? Or did you roll it?


Male .... .....

your will save was enough to see past the illusion so yeah i guess you would see past the illusion, and been able to warn people to a degree, those who failed would still see the illusion however, my bad. Still failed the fort save however and fell asleep.


Make
Vital Stats:
Goblin Unchained Rogue 3 HP 18/30 | AC 19, FF 13, T 17 | F +3 R +9 W +1 |Init. +6 | CMB 6 | CMD 17 | Speed 30ft
Skills:
Acrobatics 12, Appraise 8, Bluff 5, Climb 7, Disable Device 12, Escape Artist 10, Know Dungeon 7, Know Local 7, Linguistics 7, Perception 6, Ride 10, Sense Motive 5, Sleight of Hand 12, Stealth 18, Swim 7, Use Magic Device 4

Brand goes to speak but slumps to the floor.


Male .... .....

Bump grabs Maria throwing her over his shoulder. as he jumps the hole landing on the edge of the door frame. opening it and walking through.

That's the scene the rest of you see before slumping over on the floor.

group 1 is Bump and Maria. Group 2 is Shiva, Brand, and Rosalyn

group 1:

You walk through the door, into a long corridor decending downward. the hallway floor is tiled, small holes line the walls. it is well lit with torches.

within 10 minutes of leaving the room Maria wakes up, with a slight cough.

what do you do?

group 2:

You wake up not in the same room as before. in a large steel bar cage.

a young girl pale skin, short white hair, wearing dark purple clothing is chained to the far wall. it's Ashling, the person your looking for

The room looks like a torture room, various bloody implement, needles attached to vials of blood.


Make
Vital Stats:
Goblin Unchained Rogue 3 HP 18/30 | AC 19, FF 13, T 17 | F +3 R +9 W +1 |Init. +6 | CMB 6 | CMD 17 | Speed 30ft
Skills:
Acrobatics 12, Appraise 8, Bluff 5, Climb 7, Disable Device 12, Escape Artist 10, Know Dungeon 7, Know Local 7, Linguistics 7, Perception 6, Ride 10, Sense Motive 5, Sleight of Hand 12, Stealth 18, Swim 7, Use Magic Device 4

Brand looks around.

perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10

Do we have our gear?


Female Human barbarian Kineticist/3

Maria wakes slowly, her eyes take in the faint light underground. In a moment she notices her very recent companion Bump is carrying her over his shoulder. And that they're alone.

"What happened *Hack* Bump? Where *cough* are the others? Brand?"


Male .... .....

Yes, with that check you see only what was described


Male Human (Barbarian) Brawler (Wild Child) 3 | HP 30/34 | AC 19 TO 14 FF 15 | F +7 R +7 W +2 | CMD 21 | Init +3 | Perc +6
Shiva:
HP 16/16 | AC 18 TO 15 FF 13 | F +5 R +8 W +4 | CMD 19 | Init +4 | Perc +2 LLV Scent

Glad to see you're fine. - says Bump, already reengaging his weapons to return - We have to go back. We fell into some sort of gas trap. That entire room was an illusion. I didn't know who to pull... So I pulled you, hoping you could help us deal with it somehow.

He looks back, thinking about his 'sister' companion.

We can't let them there. Maybe we could hold our breath for enough time to pull them out of there... Or maybe you have some trick to deal with inhaled poisons?


Make
Vital Stats:
Goblin Unchained Rogue 3 HP 18/30 | AC 19, FF 13, T 17 | F +3 R +9 W +1 |Init. +6 | CMB 6 | CMD 17 | Speed 30ft
Skills:
Acrobatics 12, Appraise 8, Bluff 5, Climb 7, Disable Device 12, Escape Artist 10, Know Dungeon 7, Know Local 7, Linguistics 7, Perception 6, Ride 10, Sense Motive 5, Sleight of Hand 12, Stealth 18, Swim 7, Use Magic Device 4

Brand reaches for his daggers to make sure that they are there. He then goes to his pouch looking for thieves tools. He examines the cage checks for traps checks the lock.

perception detect traps on the lock: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17
Disable device if needed: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (3) + 12 = 15


Female Human barbarian Kineticist/3

Maria nods at the suggestion to turn back, pushing off of Bump and hustling back to the door as he speaks.

When she gets within range, she gives a short hop of a jump and fires a small boulder at the door that slammed shut with a kick.

Kinetic Blast: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19

Flying Kick powered rock: 2d6 + 10 ⇒ (3, 3) + 10 = 16

"Trick? We hold our breath. Not much else I can do."

Maria's plan is to break the door down. Subtle, I know.


Male .... .....

Brand finds no traps on the lock but you do notice it is a very expensive and well constructed lock. you can try something else or keep going with the lock though it will take more time to open as 13 is not enough to insta-pop it.

Maria you burst open the door, seeing the room mostly as it was though your companions are no where to be found, among the foliage now only on the walls and ceiling. The floor is cleared. with the exception you see it as it finishes moving.


Make
Vital Stats:
Goblin Unchained Rogue 3 HP 18/30 | AC 19, FF 13, T 17 | F +3 R +9 W +1 |Init. +6 | CMB 6 | CMD 17 | Speed 30ft
Skills:
Acrobatics 12, Appraise 8, Bluff 5, Climb 7, Disable Device 12, Escape Artist 10, Know Dungeon 7, Know Local 7, Linguistics 7, Perception 6, Ride 10, Sense Motive 5, Sleight of Hand 12, Stealth 18, Swim 7, Use Magic Device 4

Is it something that taking 10 could accomplish? Cause that is the next step.

Brand redoubles his efforts slowly trying to work the lock.


Male .... .....

i'm gonna check on Rosalyn before we continue, she's been quiet.


Female Aasimars [Outsider Native] Cleric L3

Group 2:

She wake up not in the same room as before. in a large steel bar cage.

Seeing the young girl with pale skin and short white hair, wearing dark purple clothing chained to the far wall. She works out this must be Ashling, the person they where looking for.

Noting the room looks like a torture room, with various bloody implements, needles and attached to vials of blood.

She checks to see if she is Chained as well.

[i]"Pisssed Ashling... Ashling you awake?"[/b]

She says in a low voice.

She checks to see no other is looking on.


Male Human (Barbarian) Brawler (Wild Child) 3 | HP 30/34 | AC 19 TO 14 FF 15 | F +7 R +7 W +2 | CMD 21 | Init +3 | Perc +6
Shiva:
HP 16/16 | AC 18 TO 15 FF 13 | F +5 R +8 W +4 | CMD 19 | Init +4 | Perc +2 LLV Scent

Group 1:

Bump limits himself to follow Maria, frustrated her powers don't give her any other edge and limit them to the suggestion he gave of holding their breath.

He moves inside, pulling a piece of cloth in front of his mouth, and starts trying to track where their companions could have gone.

Survival: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (13) + 9 = 22

Group 2:

Shiva wakes up very confused, and her temper quickly threats to get her enraged by not seeing Bump - she barely manages to keep herself calm. She stays on her same spot, grinding her teeth towards Rosalyn as if not fully trusting anyone. The animal is clearly scared, and it maybe just makes her more dangerous.


Make
Vital Stats:
Goblin Unchained Rogue 3 HP 18/30 | AC 19, FF 13, T 17 | F +3 R +9 W +1 |Init. +6 | CMB 6 | CMD 17 | Speed 30ft
Skills:
Acrobatics 12, Appraise 8, Bluff 5, Climb 7, Disable Device 12, Escape Artist 10, Know Dungeon 7, Know Local 7, Linguistics 7, Perception 6, Ride 10, Sense Motive 5, Sleight of Hand 12, Stealth 18, Swim 7, Use Magic Device 4

Brand looks at the cat speaking calmly, "Easy girl we will find Bump soon."


Male .... .....

As you whisper to the girl Rosalyn, she moves only slighty. confirming she is alive but not awake.

It takes much longer than you planned but Brand eventually pops the cages lock. there's no telling when whoever did this will be back.

Bump finds no tracks at all in the room.


Make
Vital Stats:
Goblin Unchained Rogue 3 HP 18/30 | AC 19, FF 13, T 17 | F +3 R +9 W +1 |Init. +6 | CMB 6 | CMD 17 | Speed 30ft
Skills:
Acrobatics 12, Appraise 8, Bluff 5, Climb 7, Disable Device 12, Escape Artist 10, Know Dungeon 7, Know Local 7, Linguistics 7, Perception 6, Ride 10, Sense Motive 5, Sleight of Hand 12, Stealth 18, Swim 7, Use Magic Device 4

Brand looks back at the others, "Time to go."

He then rushes to Ashling checking to see if she is conscious and remove her restraints.


Female Aasimars [Outsider Native] Cleric L3

Comes over to the Ashling as well, casting a heal spell cure-light-wounds 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8 on her


Female Human barbarian Kineticist/3

Assuming Bump communicates his findings.

That there is no sign of the others concerns Maria. She turns on her heels and heads back down the hallway at a quickened pace.


Male Human (Barbarian) Brawler (Wild Child) 3 | HP 30/34 | AC 19 TO 14 FF 15 | F +7 R +7 W +2 | CMD 21 | Init +3 | Perc +6
Shiva:
HP 16/16 | AC 18 TO 15 FF 13 | F +5 R +8 W +4 | CMD 19 | Init +4 | Perc +2 LLV Scent

Group 1:

I'm... Confused, Maria. - says the Brawler, as he stands up - Perhaps they were dragged out of here via some sort of magic? Or, perhaps, a hidden passage? I don't see any tracks, though, and it's very concerning!

Will take 20 to search for secret passages or doors

Group 2:

Shiva growls, not too loudly, but doesn't move from her spot. She knows Brand and Rosalyn, but the animal is too scared to get out of there - as much as she is curious about the whereabouts of Bump.


Male .... .....

[spoiler=group 2]
The girl's eye's flicker open, she gasps for air. She stabilizes, though her breathing is staggered. Brand, is that you? The restraints are locked tightly.
[/group]


Make
Vital Stats:
Goblin Unchained Rogue 3 HP 18/30 | AC 19, FF 13, T 17 | F +3 R +9 W +1 |Init. +6 | CMB 6 | CMD 17 | Speed 30ft
Skills:
Acrobatics 12, Appraise 8, Bluff 5, Climb 7, Disable Device 12, Escape Artist 10, Know Dungeon 7, Know Local 7, Linguistics 7, Perception 6, Ride 10, Sense Motive 5, Sleight of Hand 12, Stealth 18, Swim 7, Use Magic Device 4

"Yes trying to get you free."

Disable Device: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (20) + 12 = 32

Fie on your locks


Male .... .....

Group1:

Maria and Bump quickly rush down the hallway, as you step one of the floor tiles sinks a little down. The corridor is roughly 120 feet long and a slowly descending slope. The floor is rough stone tiles. Reflex save you two

group2:

The lock is quickly popped, despite it's clear quality, the girl slumps to the floor rubbing her wrists.

Thanks, but none of us are safe right now. My mind is a little clouded, i can't think straight.


Male Human (Barbarian) Brawler (Wild Child) 3 | HP 30/34 | AC 19 TO 14 FF 15 | F +7 R +7 W +2 | CMD 21 | Init +3 | Perc +6
Shiva:
HP 16/16 | AC 18 TO 15 FF 13 | F +5 R +8 W +4 | CMD 19 | Init +4 | Perc +2 LLV Scent

Group 1:

Reflex: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24

Group 2:

Shiva just lies in the floor, apparently sad.


Make
Vital Stats:
Goblin Unchained Rogue 3 HP 18/30 | AC 19, FF 13, T 17 | F +3 R +9 W +1 |Init. +6 | CMB 6 | CMD 17 | Speed 30ft
Skills:
Acrobatics 12, Appraise 8, Bluff 5, Climb 7, Disable Device 12, Escape Artist 10, Know Dungeon 7, Know Local 7, Linguistics 7, Perception 6, Ride 10, Sense Motive 5, Sleight of Hand 12, Stealth 18, Swim 7, Use Magic Device 4

Brand begins searching for a way out.

Exits?


Female Human barbarian Kineticist/3

Reflex: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22


Male .... .....

Group 1:

A large metal door sits nearby , left open ever so slightly,

group2:

You deftly dodge darts that smack against the wall falling to the floor. it brings to attention holes along the walls going along the corridor.

you step off the tile it returns to level alongside the others

do we keep charging down the hallway?


Female Human barbarian Kineticist/3

Are we group 2 now permanently?

Maria stops to look for a good spot to fire an exploratory rock further down the hall.

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17

Blast roll if needed: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9

Damage: 2d6 + 8 ⇒ (4, 4) + 8 = 16


Male Human (Barbarian) Brawler (Wild Child) 3 | HP 30/34 | AC 19 TO 14 FF 15 | F +7 R +7 W +2 | CMD 21 | Init +3 | Perc +6
Shiva:
HP 16/16 | AC 18 TO 15 FF 13 | F +5 R +8 W +4 | CMD 19 | Init +4 | Perc +2 LLV Scent

I thought we were group 1? I'm a little lost


Female Human barbarian Kineticist/3

We were. We're group two now for reasons.


Male .... .....

no, that's my bad...i was tired and made a numbers mistake. Maria roll percent, for me call a number 1-4.


Female Human barbarian Kineticist/3

1

1d100: 1d100 ⇒ 85

751 to 800 of 801 << first < prev | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Heroes Tale All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.