Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

AD&D Greyhawk Adventures: The Temple of Elemental Evil

Game Master Anselth

Current map


401 to 450 of 2,040 << first < prev | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | next > last >>

Gnome (hp=18/18) AC=6 THAC0=20 Illusionist/Thief 3/4 xp 6775/7441

Gnobby draws his longsword and dagger as he rushes quickly past the closing pikeman and closes on the crossbowman.
Never bring a missile weapon to a close up fight.

Gnobby charge if possible, two weapons fighting sword then dagger THAC0=20 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (10) - 1 = 91d20 - 3 ⇒ (1) - 3 = -21d8 ⇒ 41d4 ⇒ 2

Gnobby seems to be quite ineffective with his blades.


Hearing the man's bellow, Tarmin looks over her shoulder to appraise the situation. Seeing only two men confronting her friends, wincing a bit at Gnobby's hapless charge, she turns back to the large door, alert for any others that may emerge, drawn by the sound of the combat behind her.


Male Human Paladin 3 [HP: 30/30]

Andre grimaces in frustration - pikemen were always problematic for footsoldiers like himself. They had superior reach, and there wasn't a safe way to close to melee with them. If you advance on them, they can receive your charge. If you wait for them to advance, they can attack you from further away. However, there was a large problem to this - get inside the enemy's reach, and you're free to end the threat they pose.

Never one to hold back, Andre rushed forwards, angling his shield to hopefully deflect the voulge as it came down towards him. He prayed to the Cudgeler to parry the blow, and to guide his hand as he struck at the guard.

Mechanics:

Attack: 1d20 ⇒ 11
Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 7


Male Human Cleric of Heironeous 5, AC-1/0 Hits 45/45, xp 13,363.5/27,000

Galavaine steps up next to Andre and positions his shield to deflect any missiles.

Then he attempts a sweeping forehand to the guard's temple.

Attack with heavy warhammer 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8
Damage vs medium 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

slippery little bandit! ducking under my blow.


Male Halfling Thief / 5

Hmmm. My dot disappeared for some reason.

Podo tries to get off a sling stone towards one of the bandits. If he can get a clear shot he'll do so. If not, he'll try to fade into the shadows, and move towards the door.

1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14 Sling
1d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3 Sling bullet

Hide

Spoiler:

1d100 ⇒ 88

The Exchange

DM:

voulge: 1d20 ⇒ 12
x-bow: 1d20 ⇒ 10

voulge gold: 3d6 ⇒ (4, 5, 2) = 11

xbow gold: 3d6 ⇒ (2, 4, 2) = 8

Sir Galavaine and Andre waste no time in charging in against the bandits. Seeing Andre come at him, the polearm weilder tries to set the weapon against the stone, but Andre casually bats the blade away with his shield, his training more than a match for the brigand's sloppy handling of the weapon. Andre cooly watches his blow fall on the evil man's neck, nearly removing his head from his shoulders. He uses his momentum to knock the dead man off his blade, whirling to aid Sir Galavaine against the crossbowman.

Sir Galavaine closes the distance to the crossbowman quickly, though not quickly enough to prevent him from getting off his bolt, which flies wide of the charging cleric, clanging off the stone wall. He feels another brief rush of wind whisle past his ear before he swings, though his target leans backward impossibly, his mace passing over the crossbowman's face. Regathering himself to swing again, Sir Galavaine notices the man hasn't stopped leaning backwards, but instead topples over, the crossbow slipping from his fingers, Podo's bullet lodged in his forehead.

15 xp folks. Both are dead. Their equipment is useable if you want to take it. anything else you need to search them for.


Female Grey Elf Cleric 1/Ranger 1

Sallandrya takes careful aim at the voulge wielding brigrand only to see him fall to Andre Girard's deft blade.

Angling her shot towards the opposing crossbowman and gauging his skill nowhere near her own, prepares to loose an arrow into his chest, but Sir Galavaine steps into the line of fire. As Sallandrya moves to adjust her shot, she stills her hand as the enemy falls to the ground, not the first (nor the last) foe to have a halfling's simple sling stone lodged into his body.

A half smile, unseen but genuine nonetheless, briefly comes to Sallandrya's lips as she comes to realize the measure of her allies prowess.


Gnome (hp=18/18) AC=6 THAC0=20 Illusionist/Thief 3/4 xp 6775/7441

Gnobby eases the crossbowman to the ground as his hands instinctively reach inside his pockets and pouches.
What does the sneaky crossbowman have in his pocketses.


Female Grey Elf Cleric 1/Ranger 1

Sallandrya will leave the searching of pockets to those with the skill and knack for it and steps to the rear of the group to join Tarmin's side, all the while keeping her bow half drawn.

The Exchange

Gnobby:
You find a pouch with 8 gp on the crossbow wielder, as well as a mace hanging from his belt.

Both men are wearing leather armor. The crossbowman has 9 bolts remaining.


Gnome (hp=18/18) AC=6 THAC0=20 Illusionist/Thief 3/4 xp 6775/7441

Gnobby tosses a pouch with 8 gp and hands the crossbow with bolts to Andre and smiles as he says, "Andre, please add this to party treasure. Or does Podo have the duty of looking after party treasure today?"


Male Human Cleric of Heironeous 5, AC-1/0 Hits 45/45, xp 13,363.5/27,000

Galavaine smiles back at Podo in thanks, but still keeps moving towards the doorway.


Tarmin smiles as she hears the combat's speedy resolution behind her (Well done my friends!), but her attention on the main keep doors never wavers, only momentarily glancing aside at Sallandrya with a smile as the other elf joins her.

DM:
I'm assuming I don't get any xp as I wasn't actually in the combat?

The Exchange

Tarmin/all:

Unless I specify otherwise, xp is for everyone. I believe that unless the group is truly separated, everyone gains something from an encounter - Tarmin participated in a way other than combat by watching for other threats, it doesn't mean she didn't participate.


Male Human Paladin 3 [HP: 30/30]

Andre surveys the situation, to see if there are any that heard their brief scuffle. When Gnobby hands the spoils to him, he takes a moment to stow the coins in his backpack, and sling the crossbow over his shoulder. "Thank you, Gnobby. I'll ensure everyone gets an even share of what we find."

After a brief moment, he enters the room the two men were stationed in and gives it a cursory inspection.

The Exchange

Andre:

You step around the inward canted door to find yourself looking across the drawbridge towards the area where you had observed the moathouse from before approaching. Shrubs and dead underbrush to your left obscure the pool where the large frogs had been.

Map will be updated in a few minutes. I need to switch computers. Also, there is no door at the top of the NE staircase. Though it is dark beyond where the roof begins (blacked out area on the map). edit: map is up.


Gnome (hp=18/18) AC=6 THAC0=20 Illusionist/Thief 3/4 xp 6775/7441

"Come on Podo, let us see if we can get far enough ahead of the clanking beefy boys to do our thing."


Male Halfling Thief / 5

"I'm with you".


Gnome (hp=18/18) AC=6 THAC0=20 Illusionist/Thief 3/4 xp 6775/7441

Gnobby and Podo investigate the tower first.
I think the tower is where the men came out of.

The Exchange

Gnobby:

Actually, the men/movement you saw was where Andre is now on the map.


Female Grey Elf Cleric 1/Ranger 1

In a whisper, "the tower or the stairs my friends?"


Male Human Cleric of Heironeous 5, AC-1/0 Hits 45/45, xp 13,363.5/27,000

"Tower if we do not want to leave a chamber behind us. Stairs if we want to avoid giving the bandits any chance to prepare."


Gnome (hp=18/18) AC=6 THAC0=20 Illusionist/Thief 3/4 xp 6775/7441

Gnobby and Podo go into the tower.
Move silent 1d100 ⇒ 23


Male Human Cleric of Heironeous 5, AC-1/0 Hits 45/45, xp 13,363.5/27,000

Sir Galavaine moves close to the tower entrance to keep an eye on the stealthy rogues.

The Exchange

Gnobby and Podo disappear into the darkness of the tower, the shadows hiding from the observance of those remaining outside.

DM:

Spider Surprise: 1d6 ⇒ 4
Party Surprise: 1d6 ⇒ 3

spider initiative: 1d6 ⇒ 4
party initiative: 1d6 ⇒ 1

Spider attack: 1d20 ⇒ 18
damage: 1d6 ⇒ 1

Gnobby and Podo:

As the two smallfolk enter the tower, they pause inside the door to take in their surroundings. Rubble mixed with bones, rags, and the twinkle of coins draw their eyes once the darkness subsides. Before they can move any further, there is a rustling from above, and a dark, grey, furry form careens into Gnobby, while giant mandibles close on the fleshy part of his shoulder, tearing his flesh leaving behind a burning sensation. Gnobby, save vs. poison at a +3

The spider recoils and crouches to leap again, as the two companions regain their composure. You guys have the initiative.

As Sir Galavaine moves towards the door, he hears a startled yelp and a flurry of motion from inside.


Tarmin maintains her vigil on the dark opening into the rest of the keep


Gnome (hp=18/18) AC=6 THAC0=20 Illusionist/Thief 3/4 xp 6775/7441

poison 1d20 ⇒ 3
"Oof."

The Exchange

Gnobby stumbles forward, then collapses on the floor, his breath slow and weak.

Gnobby's rounds remaining: 1d4 ⇒ 4

Gnobby can feel the burning moving through his shoulder into his chest. His vision blurs as he sees the spider move back towards him.

Gnobby, at the start of next turn, you can make one more save against the poison. You have 4 rounds for someone to either slow or neutralize the poison, or to kick it yourself before you die.


Gnome (hp=18/18) AC=6 THAC0=20 Illusionist/Thief 3/4 xp 6775/7441

Knowing no one has the ability to save me at level one, Gnobby tries to tough out the poison. Save versus poison.
1d20 ⇒ 20


Female Grey Elf Cleric 1/Ranger 1

DM Aneslth: If there enough of a commotion/noise to justify me coming in to support our friends in the tower I would like to do so ...

Although keeping vigil with Tarmin, Sallandrya chances a glance to where her friends had just disappeared into and asks of Tarmin and Pettry, "maybe we should see what the little ones have found, or what may have found the little ones ---" and with bow at the ready, starts to move a towards the tower.


Male Halfling Thief / 5

O believe me there is plenty enough commotion.

"Help! Help! Gnobbys down! Big Freaking Hairy Spider"!.

Podo steps a few feet away towards the door, and loosens a sling bullet at the vile intruder.

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7 Sling
1d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4 Bullet

BTW...since Gnobby made his move silent roll how did the spider notice him?

The Exchange

DM:

Spider attack: 1d20 ⇒ 5
spider damage: 1d6 ⇒ 3

The spider was watching the door, as that's where it catches a fair amount of its prey. So even though he was moving quietly, it was able to see him.

Gnobby shakes his head, his left hand reflexively reaching up to massage the burning area, which begins to dissipate. He works himself up to his knees, in time to see the spider lunge at him. He rolls to the side, the mandibles snapping closed on thin air. Gnobby finds himself on his feet after the roll, though his balance is still a little off.

Podo's sling bullet ricochets off the wall, his aim spoiled by his hurried movement to get out of the way.

Sallandrya and Sir Galavaine hear Podo's shout and charge the door. Pettry glances at Tarmin but follows Sallandrya, though he is unable to see past her and Galavaine when they enter the door. Upon entry, the cleric and elf see Podo in front of them, with Gnobby standing unsteadily off to their right, and the Huge spider in front of them, beyond Podo.

Andre, you also heard the shout, though it was somewhat muffled. If you move this round, you can be in the tower at the start of next. Podo, Gnobby, Sallandrya, and Sir Galavaine may all attack the spider, and you are first in initiative. Map will be up this evening, when I get to my home computer. Gnobby, nice roll.


Gnome (hp=18/18) AC=6 THAC0=20 Illusionist/Thief 3/4 xp 6775/7441

Attack lsword/dagger
1d20 - 1 ⇒ (1) - 1 = 01d20 - 1 ⇒ (12) - 1 = 11


Male Human Cleric of Heironeous 5, AC-1/0 Hits 45/45, xp 13,363.5/27,000

Hard core Gnobby. Phew!

Galavaine holsters his mace and pulls out a torch to light. He looks around in the relative darkness for any movement in the shadows from the doorway. The priest starts to work at the flint and steel quickly while the others provide protection and battle.


Hearing Podo's yell almost pulls Tarmin from her post, finding herself already half turned to run to Gnobby's aid. But steeling herself and seeing that Sallandrya has already moved to assist, she settles down again, sights on the dark entrance to the keep. Don't get yourself killed, you silly Gnome !


Male Human Paladin 3 [HP: 30/30]

Andre hears the muffled shouting, and notices everyone rushing towards the tower. The paladin rushes towards the scuffle, hoping that he is not yet too late!

The Exchange

Map is updated


Female Grey Elf Cleric 1/Ranger 1

Sallandrya makes it barely into the doorway of the tower ... and her movement and intake of breath are abruptly halted. The Elven hunter-priest sees a Great Ungol Araneae, a twisted and foul vermin that is said to be the (un)holy totem creature of the dark goddess that betrayed the Elven gods, made war of the Elven people and then took a full fifth of the Elven race deep into the dark bowels of the earth.

But the moment of fear and trepidation passes, replaced with steel and resolve. For those who would chance a glance at Sallandrya at this brief moment would see the fearsome visage of Elven princes and high lords of times long forgotten, in an past age when the Elven race first mastered magic and when they flew atop the backs of Dragons.

But a single Elven word is uttered on the archer's lips, ::"GURTH!":: (DEATH)

1d20 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 + 2 = 20

1d6 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 + 2 = 8

Sallandrya flatens her body against the wall to allow her allies inside to withdraw or her allies outside to enter the tower to join combat but continues her attack on the abomination in front of her.

1d20 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 + 2 = 19

1d6 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 + 2 = 6


Male Halfling Thief / 5

Settling down a bit, Podo retreats so that he gets a good look at the creature, but makes it difficult for it to get to him...and leads to a clear path out of there.

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8 Sling
1d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5 Bullet

The Exchange

Sir Galavaine gets the torch lit in time to see Gnobby unsteadily lash out at his attacker. His blows bounce weakly off the spider's tough carapace. Podo's bullet flies wide, but Sallandrya's first arrow takes it in one of its eyes. As the creature rears in pain, her second arrow pierces the giant spider's head, and it falls to the ground, its legs twitching weakly.

32xp. A quick look around the room indicates there are no other threats.


Female Grey Elf Cleric 1/Ranger 1

Sallandrya walks over to the carcass of the bloated Ungol Araneae while deliberately drawing out her Elven long blade, she pauses above the head of the vermin and plunges her blade deep into the brain cavity of the foul beast, then even further a second time for good measure.

With the light from Sir Galavain's torch her eyes search the room for something she can use to clean the rancid ichor off with.

"Good Gnobby, do you require assistance?"


Male Human Cleric of Heironeous 5, AC-1/0 Hits 45/45, xp 13,363.5/27,000

"Podo someone may have lost some things in here thanks to yon giant spider."

Galavaine goes to see how badly Gnobby has been hurt.

Not sure if he needs any kind of healing or if he is even wounded? Can Galavaine tell at all. Wisdom check 1d20 ⇒ 10 if that helps.

The Exchange

He's been bitten, and lost one hp. He lucked out on the damage roll, the poison was the real issue, but he's kicked that. Edit: My fault, I didn't realize I didn't post the actual damage earlier.


Male Human Cleric of Heironeous 5, AC-1/0 Hits 45/45, xp 13,363.5/27,000

Sir Galavaine brushes the poisoned arm with his thumb. Watching the blood run out clear and rich.

"You'll live. Look up next time is my motto from now on. And down."


Male Human Cleric of Heironeous 5, AC-1/0 Hits 45/45, xp 13,363.5/27,000

Thanks Anselth. I guess I can just look and make a stat roll to see if someone is badly wounded then?


Gnome (hp=18/18) AC=6 THAC0=20 Illusionist/Thief 3/4 xp 6775/7441

Gnobby looks back at Sallandrya.
"You are a real elf. You can shoot that bow and everything. We just need to bumble around in front and make sure you have a clear shot."


Male Human Cleric of Heironeous 5, AC-1/0 Hits 45/45, xp 13,363.5/27,000

"Your "bumbling" is very risky and brave. This servant of Heironeous salutes you!"

The Exchange

Yes. Since there are no skills per se, you can make a stat roll for something not covered under the normal rules. Wisdom for spotting, strength for climbing, etc. Note that I may impose a +/-1 to +/-5 bonus or penalty if cicumstances warrant, like if it is dark or the surface is particularly broken or sloped. The trick with these is to roll under the governing stat.


Male Human Paladin 3 [HP: 30/30]

Andre sighs in relief as Sir Galavaine indicates that Gnobby is clear from the danger of the spider's poison. "That was a close call. Excellent shot there, Sallandrya, you likely saved these two from being an arachnid's meal."

Andre pokes around the spider's lair. "Keep an eye out for more of these vermin. Let's see if the brigands have fallen afoul to this creature as well, or if they kept it as a monstrous pet."


Hearing a cessation of combat, Tarmin whispers to Pettry "Is everyone alright?"

401 to 450 of 2,040 << first < prev | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The Temple of Elemental Evil All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.