Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


AD&D Greyhawk Adventures: The Temple of Elemental Evil

Game Master Anselth

Current map


151 to 200 of 2,040 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Male Human Paladin 3 [HP: 30/30]

Andre tries some of the pie that Sir Galavaine passes around the table. Mentally, he makes a note to repay the cleric's kindness once he has coins in his purse again.

Andre lays a hand upon Pettry's shoulder. "And if you had raised a hand against them, you would have died that day as well. Now, the Lady of Fate has decreed that you will use your studies to strike against those that stole your father from your side. There is not a person at this table who has not experienced tragedy. 'Into every life, some rain must fall,' or so says the Wise Fool. It is what we do to rise above those tragedies that defines us. I am certain that in the days to come, our friends and family that have passed shall be proud of us."

He raises his mug of watered wine. "To those who have come before us, those that are to follow salute you, and hope we bring honor and glory to your names!"


Male Human Cleric of Heironeous 5, AC-1/0 Hits 45/45, xp 13,363.5/27,000

Sir Galavaine proffers his empty beer mug and mimics a toast for Andre.

"Salute. Our pain will pass when we act against our various enemies. Doing something is better than doing nothing."

He starts to brush flakes of pastry from his white cloak, "tell me Tarmin of the beauty of Celene. A place to lift the hearts if ever there was one. Pray tell me of your Queen Yolande. My father spake of her in hushed tones only."


The tall half-orc has said little during the varied conversations, preferring to listen to what is being said. Once the beer starts flowing he opens up a bit and toasts with the rest of the group.

My father told me stories of Celene as well. Said it was supposed to be the most beautiful place in the world, though he had never been. I would like to hear of it as well. He returns to sipping his beer and watching.


Silently thanking Galavaine for the change of subject, Tarmin begins to speak, at first lowly and with frequent pauses then more strongly and confidently. I have never had the privilege of meeting my beautiful queen , though I've been told that such an event even among my people is one to celebreate and remember. As for the beauty of my homeland... and with that Tarmin began to speak, memories of her childhood and apprentiship flooding back, her voice slowly taking on the telltale sing-song quality of the elven tongue. Those listening, even beyond her compainions, some regulars leaned a little closer to hear, would at times hear her words fade away as some memory of childhood joy or loss would flood back into their mind's, it too to fade away as some magic in Tarmin's words brought them back to the present. Wondering at her own words Tarmin thought Could this be? Could this be the Saarmina ( the Forging) that my father and uncles spoke of? The forging of disparate individuals into a company of one. Others who take on your interests as their own, and you who take theirs as your own as well. A joining of not just intent, but of memory and skill.
She falters then, seeing all eyes upon here and looks down, once again embarrassed but also quite pleased that she had revealed so much. Looking up and smiling at her companions Thank you , it means much to me that you cared enough listen. her eyes once again meeting Galavains in silent thanks.


Gnome (hp=18/18) AC=6 THAC0=20 Illusionist/Thief 3/4 xp 6775/7441

Hearing the musical words, Gnobby find his tears stop.

"Those were pretty words and thoughts, almost as pretty as a song."

He then whispers to Podo, "When Tarmin finds who is new aand strange here, I'm rifling their room. Wanna come."

Reminds me a little of Rainman - We're counting cards.


Male Human Magic User / Lvl 1

Pettry raises his mug with Andre and sir Galavaine, then listens to Tarmin speak, getting caught up in her story. His seemed insignificant, in comparison. It's the years. I've heard elves age more slowly than humans. She must be over 50 by now.

"That sounds like a beautiful place, Tarmin. Thank you for sharing your story with us." He glances around the room, searching for Elmo. Not seeing him, he speaks again. "Devarnish is not a place such as Celene, but it has a beauty all its own, I suppose. Though I spent most of my young life on caravans, and then in study, let me tell you about the market..."


Male Halfling Thief / 5
Gnobby the Gnome wrote:

Hearing the musical words, Gnobby find his tears stop.

"Those were pretty words and thoughts, almost as pretty as a song."

He then whispers to Podo, "When Tarmin finds who is new aand strange here, I'm rifling their room. Wanna come."

Reminds me a little of Rainman - We're counting cards.

"That might be fun". "Everybody has some stuff they might lose if I don't take care of it for them".

Podo remains quiet for the first time ever, not humming, or singing, or laughing or asking stupid questions when the subject of families is brought up.

Sense Motive DC15

Spoiler:

Podo seems to be sad for some reason during this discussion.


ALL OF THEM!!! Goblin 20 Grandmaster DM/10 Charismatic Salesman/10 College Professer/4 Average Lad/6 King

You chat for what seems to be hours though you know it to be only a few minutes at most as finally Elmo steps in through the front door Ostler salutes him and point him in the direction of your table were he steadily makes his way over and takes a seat. "Greetins again friends." He says to you as he sits down it appears he is significantly less drunk then before. "Well know dat we all here I suppose we should talk bout business wight?" He says while slowly appraising you all and looks at Galavaine strangely."Names Elmo, an you are?"


Male Human Cleric of Heironeous 5, AC-1/0 Hits 45/45, xp 13,363.5/27,000

"Sir Galavaine of Verbobonc, good to meet such a broad countenance and strong arm. Cleric fresh from training and wet behind the ears. At thine service!"


Tarmin says "Greetings again, Elmo, please join us", then more softly to Podo

Podo:
I am sorry that my stories have brought back any sad memories, Podo.


Gnome (hp=18/18) AC=6 THAC0=20 Illusionist/Thief 3/4 xp 6775/7441

"Elmo, glad you came back to join this august company. We met your brother and he gave us some good advice and I told him you would be coming with us. I think good adventuring stock runs in the family."

Gnobby whispers to Elmo, "I think he will be very proud of you."

Gnobby whispers to Tarmin, "Podo may be in for some sneaking for the forces of good; we need to know the strangers staying in the inn. Elmo is too innocent for this task."

We don't know Elmo well enough to make him a co-conspirator :-)


Excusing herself from the table, Tarmin stands and makes her way over to the bar where the barmaid is preparing a serving tray. Leaning in Tarmin asks the girl in a low voice "My dear, thank you for your hospitality. I was wondering mayhaps there have been any other visitors such as ourselves that have or still are availing themselves of your marvelous inn?"


ALL OF THEM!!! Goblin 20 Grandmaster DM/10 Charismatic Salesman/10 College Professer/4 Average Lad/6 King

Tarmin:
The women ponders a minute about your question then answers. "Well yes now that I think about it, there is Jozan the caravan guard been waiting for his caravan to arrive in Hommlett for weeks maybe longer I don remember. He insists that they are still coming but I think he knows that somit happened to them, he may be interested in mercenary work if your needing."

You spoke to Otis ye did, he's a nice fella ain't e I've looked up ta im all my life and now tanks to you I can follow in his footsteps. What excatly did Otis tell ye, did he mention his great battle with the Red Dragon in teh Kron hills or maybe his time in the army or or..." Elmo seems to get really worked up when he talks about Otis but he stops his ranting about his brother great accomplishments and gets back on topic. Well then I accept your offer into your company an I hope we do great in our quest..." He stops a moment and looks dumbfounded a moment. "What exactly is our quest?"


Tarmin asks the barmaid for a description of this Jozan, pressing a copper into her hand and says "Thank you for your help."

Returning to the table she scans the great-room to determine if Jozan was present or not.


Gnome (hp=18/18) AC=6 THAC0=20 Illusionist/Thief 3/4 xp 6775/7441

Gnobbby notices Podo's not so happy, so he talks excitedly to Podo...

"The roper, that's Tarmin, has identified the mark. We need to fleece the mark now. Well, now that we are good, that means rifle their stuff."

"Tarmin, Elmo is ready to go. Did you indfay the amenay of the angerstray?" Gnobby talks in a clever code the carnies sometimes use.

I may have to expound on it if Tarmin wasn't in a carnival.


Male Human Cleric of Heironeous 5, AC-1/0 Hits 45/45, xp 13,363.5/27,000

"Sir Andre wouldst thou accompany thy servant here to the wizards tower for words on the way that this land lies? Anyone else perchance? What about our mage?"

The white cloaked priest rises and gathers his shield and hammer. He looks around to ensure no one is spying upon the group.


HP 17/17, AC 20/16/20, F +4, R +5 W +6, Init +2, Per +7

"Aye, I would gladly accompany you, Sir Galavaine. And I would definitely wish Pettry to come with us - my understanding of the weirding ways is limited at the best of times."


Male Human Magic User / Lvl 1

"I will come." Pettry says, rising from his seat. "I would like to hear what he has to say about the area, and may have some questions about our shared profession, as well."


Male Human Cleric of Heironeous 5, AC-1/0 Hits 45/45, xp 13,363.5/27,000

"Good. Let us not tarry further at good Master Piemaker Gundigoot's table and be off."

Sir Galavaine gathers directions to the wizard's home and then feeds that to the other two. He makes sure that Nargat and anyone else around knows where they are going. He politely asks again if the rest are interested in seeing this mage.

Soon after the priest heads out with the others to the Tower.

"Sire, do you have the power to see the goodness in a man's heart? That gift may help us decide whether this village is clean or not. T'would be fortunate indeed if Hommlet is not tainted yet."


Male Halfling Thief / 5

"Hey wait"! "You're not leaving me here". "We might run into somebody who needs me to watch their stuff for them so they won't lose it", Podo chimes in his usual humor returning in an instant.


Gnome (hp=18/18) AC=6 THAC0=20 Illusionist/Thief 3/4 xp 6775/7441

Gnobby is disappointed Podo left 'the trio'.

I'll have to pull this off myself.

Gnobby assumes that the description of the man was relevent. He joins in the search for him.


Male Halfling Thief / 5

"Don't worry". "I'll be back in a jiffy". "This shouldn't take long".

Isn't it early in the day? I would have thought the clandestine actions would be best in the wee hours of the evening. If that is not the case, then Podo would definitely stick around for the sneaking.


Male Human Magic User / Lvl 1

Pettry raises an eyebrow and crooks a half smile when Podo expresses interest in coming with them. "I'd be careful if you decide to protect anything for the wizard. We can tend to be unforgiving, and he may turn you into a hamster or some such similar creature if he doesn't understand you're acting in his best interests." He turns and winks at Tarmin, who seems to be trying to contain the halflings most adventurous impulses. "That would be a shame, wouldn't it?"


Male Human Paladin 3 [HP: 30/30]

"Just as no evil can stand before the Cudgeler, no wickedness can escape my sight. If we have suspicion that someone might be acting against the common good, I shall find it and root it out like weeds in a garden!"


Hey everyone. Though it is killing me to admit it, I am going to have to bow out. I just havent had the time needed lately and my wife just had surgery so there is just no time. I was really excited about doing this campaign. I hope you all have an absolutely amazing time.


Male Human Paladin 3 [HP: 30/30]

Sorry to see you go, imimrtl, but family needs come first. Hope your wife recovers from her surgery, and that you find time to enjoy the hobby in the future!


yeah hope all is well.


Male Human Magic User / Lvl 1

Hope your wife recovers quickly.


Male Human Cleric of Heironeous 5, AC-1/0 Hits 45/45, xp 13,363.5/27,000

It is better to bow out than fade away! I hope your wife gets well soon and take care.


Gnome (hp=18/18) AC=6 THAC0=20 Illusionist/Thief 3/4 xp 6775/7441

Best of wishes - speedy recovery to your wife.


"Yes, hopefully no one will need to have any common-sense "cudgled" into their heads this day" Tarmin says, looking meaningfully at Podo and Gnobby.

Qadira

Wareagle - you have only posted once since 13th March. Is this going to continue because I would prefer you to post more regularly or just kill the game than have it die a slow death. I noticed you have had some real life issues from one of your other games but on the 19th you said you were back on track.....There are some good roleplayers here who deserve to be treated better.


Thank you everyone! You are all awesome!


ALL OF THEM!!! Goblin 20 Grandmaster DM/10 Charismatic Salesman/10 College Professer/4 Average Lad/6 King

Sorry everyone new job really killing me and have little time to post I am hoping I can work things out soon but till then would you all please bear with still very interested in this. If I can't work up more time I would be happy if someone could take over for me would ahte to see the game die, provided any of you have the book.

@Tarmin: The Woman gives you a very vague description of Jozan and tells you he spends all his time in his chambers upstairs only leaving for meals. He is not present here at the moment.

Elmo is slow and does not catch on to what Tarmin and the gnome are talking about as the rest of you get up to leave he hurriedly jumps to his feet and yells. "Wait, I shall accompiny you as wel." Although he doesn't really understand what you are doing still he keeps his mouth shut and follows.

Guard Tower: The rest of you and Elmo all head to the guard tower in search of the man Calmert told you of who can apparently satisfy your curiosity. This structure is some 55 feet tall, a smaller tower rising inside the greater at about 35 feet above the ground. Its entrance is accessible only by going up a curving flight of stone stairs which terminate in a landing about 10 feet above the ground. The outer door of the tower lowers to form a bridge to the stone landing. There are numbers of arrow slits around the tower, and it has a splay around the base to about 6 feet in height. The lower and upper battlements are machicolated, the merlons being pierced for archery as well. Two men-at arms watch from its roof and a guard stands by the entrance ever surveying the area. You walk forth but the guard stops you after a few steps. "Hail travelers, explain your business here or be off The lords are in meeting and are not to be disturbed."

Tavern: The Tavern appears bare now most have made off home for the evening or to their rooms upstairs. Gundigoot stands lone at the bar leaning against the far wall cleaning a small glass with a tablecloth all is quiet and Jozan is clearly not here at the moment.


Male Human Cleric of Heironeous 5, AC-1/0 Hits 45/45, xp 13,363.5/27,000

Thank you Wareagle.

Sir Galavaine looks at Andre with a raised eyebrow and murmurs to the whole party quietly with his lips barely moving, "..a meeting about what?"


Male Human Magic User / Lvl 1

Pettry Shrugs back at Sir Galavaine, unsure what to make of the greeting, but also not certain how to answer the men-at-arms.


Gnome (hp=18/18) AC=6 THAC0=20 Illusionist/Thief 3/4 xp 6775/7441

Gnobby follows everyone, the heist can wait till later.

I wonder if Podo and I can sneak in; guards love it when you help expose their weaknesses. I don't think those guys up high will let a rope with a hook get up there. They look like they take guard duty pretty seriously here.

Gnobby bows low, "We have urgent matters to discuss. Can't you see we have some very important people in this group?"

Gnobby points to Sir Galavaine and gives the guard a smile.


Male Human Cleric of Heironeous 5, AC-1/0 Hits 45/45, xp 13,363.5/27,000

"My name is Sir Ferman Galavaine of Verbobonc. Here a simple Herald of Hieroneous and aide to the party of Andre Girard gathered to bring an end to the wilderness banditry! We have spoken with father Calmert and he intimated that the mage of this Tower would be prepared to help us. Now would you have us stand waiting longer - for mine friends doth grow tired quickly outside on the steps."

The priest turns to Gnobby and the others and quietly adds, "This be for their behalf. Titles and foderol. My heart believes in the bravery seen in all your eyes, this would be a courageous company methinks."


Gnome (hp=18/18) AC=6 THAC0=20 Illusionist/Thief 3/4 xp 6775/7441

Gnobby swells in pride at the holy man's words. He adds to the guard,

"We are on an official mision from Verbobonc. None of us are criminals or gnomes of interest anymore. We are on the side of good, let us in."


Male Halfling Thief / 5

Podo listens idly to the boring talk, while looking at the tower imagining how easy it would to climb...of course if there was an emergency like some of the contents of the tower being in peril of becoming lost.


Tarmin has allowed the others to go on without her. Sitting herself in a deep dark corner of the great room, she waits to see if Jozan shows himself.


ALL OF THEM!!! Goblin 20 Grandmaster DM/10 Charismatic Salesman/10 College Professer/4 Average Lad/6 King

The guards eyes go wide. "Your the one the Viscount sent, should have said so sooner please you are welcome to enter and may the gods guide your hand and show you victory." The guard open's the large wooden door and you step into the entryway.

The small entryway is closed off by a stone wall and an inner door of iron. A guard is on duty. The door is flanked by shuttered arrow slits, and two murder holes are in the ceiling. Flanking the inner portal are two fireplaces, where most of the cooking is done by two to three servants. The guard on duty opens the iron door for you and says. "The lords are preparing for diner so try not to disturb them."

This regal chamber is simply magnificent. Several comfortable chairs are placed along the walls, and the walls themselves are hung with tapestries and decorated with shields, arms, and hunting trophies—12 shields, four long swords, two broad swords, four spears, two battle axes, and the heads and horns of various creatures. A long table set for a great dinner sit in the middle of this room, it looks as if able to hold for 40 or more people though none sit there now the smell of the cuisine can be smelt from just standing at the entryway, servants hurriedly run back and forth from the fireplace to the table to set the dinner. Ramps curving upwards and downwards lead to other levels.


Male Human Paladin 3 [HP: 30/30]

Andre's stomach growls as the scent of roasted meat wafts through the great hall. He wanders around, examining the quality of the weapons, the livery upon the shields, and the craftsmanship of the taxidermy done on the stuffed heads. "The lords of the castle are clearly proud of their accomplishments. Mayhaps one day we might be as fortunate in our endeavors as they were in theirs."


Male Human Cleric of Heironeous 5, AC-1/0 Hits 45/45, xp 13,363.5/27,000

"Methinks there doth be many trials before that happy occasion. Tis fortunate indeed that our pies have assuaged our hunger." Sir Galavaine begins a tour of the trophies and tapestries with his hands crossed behind his back. The cloak, shield and mace left with the guards, although the bolt of Heironeous is clearly visible on his armour.


Male Halfling Thief / 5

Podo walks about the room making sure that nothing needs his immediate care. It would be a shame if any of these fine things were lost somehow, then finally finds chair at the table...close to the Kitchen, and seats himself placing a napkin about his neck.


Gnome (hp=18/18) AC=6 THAC0=20 Illusionist/Thief 3/4 xp 6775/7441

Gnobby is curious - he finds the closest stairwell or back passage to explore.


Male Human Magic User / Lvl 1

Pettry isn't sure what to make of the goings on in the room. He wanders around, looking at the tapestries and other sundries hanging on the wall, trying to discern what they might be about. His stomach rumbles a little at the smell of the food, but he tries to ignore it.

Qadira

rolls:

1: 1d100 ⇒ 20
5: 1d100 ⇒ 95
8: 1d100 ⇒ 46
9: 1d100 ⇒ 13

Tarmin:

Since you're the only one remaining at the inn, I'm going to spoilerize everything for you. I'll leave the main group in regular text until you reunite.

After the rest of the group leaves, Tarmin settles in to watch the people in the inn, and in particular, keep an eye out for Jozan. Over time, the room begins to fill with patrons both from without, as well as some who make their way down the stairs. The first of the "residents" to appear looks to be around the same age as Elmo, and he carries himself with some confidence and definite grace. He sits at a table alone and begins shuffling a deck of cards. In minutes, he has attracted a small flock of patrons to some sort of game. He appears to win more than he loses, though Tarmin cannot make out exactly what the game of chance they are playing is.

Tarmin's appraisal of the gambler is cut short when someone who can only be Jozan appears at the foot of the stair. He is a large man, with a longsword buckled at his side, and a dagger on the opposite hip. He sits at the bar and, in short order, downs three ales, almost without pausing to breathe between the mugs - He appears like he could even outdrink Podo. He turns from the bar and scans the room, his eyes settling briefly on Tarmin, then continuing on before he returns his attention to the tavernkeeper and orders supper.

Two more individuals come down together, grabbing a small table away from the bustle in the center of the room. They are as mismatched as can be, one a hulking man, even larger than Jozan. His partner is small and lithe, with the tanned skin and dark hair of a Bakluni. Both carry daggers. They order their meals and speak in hushed tones, though there is obviously some tension between them. The large man gestures animatedly, while the Bakluni appears to be trying to calm him, glancing around the room. Neither seems to take notice of Tarmin's presence.

The remainder of the patrons appear to be locals, some Tarmin has seen before, either around town or during their previous meal here. Tarmin becomes increasingly aware of the fact that she appears to be the only nonhuman in the bar, and along with Podo and Gnobby, they may be the only ones in the town.

Everyone Else:

As the group examines the tapestries and other furnishings of the room, the setup for the feast continues unabated around them. Podo's nose twitches at the wonderful smells coming from the direction of the kitchens. Pettry seems overwhelmed by the activity, though Andre and Sir Galavaine seem oblivious to the people, more interested in the decor. Sir Galavaine, in particular, finds himself drawn to one particular rendition of a battle. Elves, dwarves, and humans are depicted running roughshod through a horde of orcs, goblins, and other monstrous humanoids. Never before had he seen the battle of Emridy Meadows so depicted. This piece was definitely produced by a master.

Gnobby, while searching for a staircase, bumps into a well-dressed man coming down from the tower's upper level. "no, no no. Did the guard not tell you? The masters are not to be disturbed." He attempts to shoo the gnome back into the feast hall, calling out to the scattered group. "My lords, the masters bid you welcome, though they beg your pardon that they cannot meet you just now. We will have five places set for you, that you may join them and tell them your business."

When the group regathers, the man introduces himself. "I am Otto, Seneschal to Rufus and Burne. As you are aware, the Viscount has sent word of your coming, though you were not expected so soon." He extends his arms to encompass the room. "Today we celebrate a wonderful victory, as this is the 5th annivesary of my masters' defeat of the bandits south of Verbobonc! Surely you have heard the tale?" His eyes settle on another tapestry of similar quality to the one Sir Galavaine had been examining previously. This one depicts a small group of humans on horseback, led by a man in gleaming armor and a second with a glowing staff, as they cut through a larger cadre of human bandits.


Male Human Cleric of Heironeous 5, AC-1/0 Hits 45/45, xp 13,363.5/27,000

"My father spoke many times of battle. He said that the man in combat can fight for his country, his beliefs and his life. But that the strongest were the ones who fought for each other. See how the orcs there run and flee for themselves. It is the esprit d'corps that matters most." Sir Galavaine studies the piece of art with Andre beside him.


Male Human Paladin 3 [HP: 30/30]

"I cannot say I have heard the tale," Andre says, striding towards the tapestry Otto has gestured at. "But I would gladly sup at their table and listen to their stories, if they would have us." He examines the tapestry closely, noting the embroidery done on both the armored man and the one with the staff. "Pardon my ignorance of your lords, but which of these would be Rufus and which is Burne?"

151 to 200 of 2,040 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The Temple of Elemental Evil All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.