Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

AD&D Greyhawk Adventures: The Temple of Elemental Evil

Game Master Anselth

Current map


851 to 900 of 2,040 << first < prev | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | next > last >>
Qadira

dm:

Galavaine Wisdom +5 penalty: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21 over

A warmth fills Sir Galavaine's heart when he invokes his God's name, and the Cleric is sure Heironeous is with him. As he moves down the hall, the pervasive sense of wrongness presses in on him more strongly, though he can't yet see anything that may be the source of the feeling.


Female Grey Elf Cleric 4/Ranger 3 (HP 40/40, AC 2; Init +3; Perception +16, Infravison 60ft)
Anselth wrote:

Something seems off about the passage south. You can't quite put your finger on it, but there's definitely a sense of wrongness.

DM Anselth

Sallandrya was standing guard there the longest, could she have made a perception check to see what that was earlier? She has infra vision as well.

Edit: Cool we posted back to back.


Female Grey Elf Cleric 4/Ranger 3 (HP 40/40, AC 2; Init +3; Perception +16, Infravison 60ft)

Sir Galavaine can we deal with what may be at this door first? Otherwise we could possibly literally be fighting from the north and south. My real life gaming group always gets into these situations.

Qadira

group:
I apologize, this was DM error - For some reason last night I got it in my head that Galavaine was the Paladin and his detect evil should alert him to something - since Sir Galavaine reacted, I didn't think it appropriate to say "wait, back up." Given that, I will give both clerics a check of some sort in the future if similar circumstances arise. For now I would like to consider that he wandered a bit further down the hall than Salla did (giving him the check that I didn't give her) in order to preserve the action and not have to retcon things, if that's agreeable to Salla?


Female Grey Elf Cleric 4/Ranger 3 (HP 40/40, AC 2; Init +3; Perception +16, Infravison 60ft)

That's fine, no need to worry about me, I was just wondering if there was a 'new' presence that was not there before, or because Sir Galavaine used his lantern. I was looking down that hallway for a bit, I don't think I would have entered this door had there been some 'wrongness' just up ahead though. Actually I think I would have backed up! LOL Your good at setting the mood DM Anselth.

No harm, no foul.

I do think we should back each other up.


Male Halfling Thief / 5

Since there is obviously something in the room, and Podo can't tell what it is, his bravado takes a back seat to his self preservation, and he waits for one of the "longlegs" to enter the room first. He will eagerly watch, and prepare to enter if necessary...or run the other way if that is more prudent.


Male Human Paladin 3 [HP: 30/30]

Andre advances with Sir Galavaine, scanning the area for potential threats.


Hearing Galavaine call upon his god, Tarmin says to Podo and Gnobby "Watch this door, we don't want any surprises. I'll assist Galavaine.. She then moves back into the corridor and sidles up behind Andre and Galavaine, peering into the darkness.


Gnome (hp=18/18) AC=6 THAC0=20 Illusionist/Thief 3/4 xp 6775/7441

"Right with you Tarmin."
Glancing at Podo, "We will guard the flanks."


Female Grey Elf Cleric 4/Ranger 3 (HP 40/40, AC 2; Init +3; Perception +16, Infravison 60ft)

Sallandrya arches an eyebrow, in partial disbelief that they are pulling away from the door, but knows that a hunting pack is more formidable than a lone wolf.

She backs up, keeping her line of sight on the unopened barrier and follows Tarmin's lead towards the others. TThe Ranger priest is determined to keep pace with her sister in arms, but is not altogether certain if that is the wisest action.

Sallandrya will be taking Favored Enemy: Doors, as soon as possible.


Male Human Cleric of Heironeous 5, AC-1/0 Hits 45/45, xp 13,363.5/27,000

"Close the door for now Podo," commands the holy priest.


Female Grey Elf Cleric 4/Ranger 3 (HP 40/40, AC 2; Init +3; Perception +16, Infravison 60ft)

In a quick whisper, "What did you see Sir Galavaine?"


Male Human Cleric of Heironeous 5, AC-1/0 Hits 45/45, xp 13,363.5/27,000

"Nothing but more a sense of unholiness and evil entering my soul," shrugs the knight. "But you are right locking that door reduces the threats for now."

Sir Galavaine continues to step forwards slowly now that Andre is with him. He puts the lantern down for others to hold so that he may draw his warhammer.


Female Grey Elf Cleric 4/Ranger 3 (HP 40/40, AC 2; Init +3; Perception +16, Infravison 60ft)

I am looking at the map, can we advance without having our knight cleric and paladin in direct line of our arrow fire?


Gnome (hp=18/18) AC=6 THAC0=20 Illusionist/Thief 3/4 xp 6775/7441

"Well, I didn't expect to find a pie-seller down here. Of course it is evil and nasty--it's an evil dungeon with bad men."

Qadira

Salla, you can hit anything easily that nobody is right up against.

Podo quickly locks the door as the rest of the group proceeds south into the corridor. Andre and Sallandrya begin to feel the same pressure that Sir Galavaine felt...

The group moves carefully until they can see into the first cell. A flicker of movement in the door draws their attention, and two humanoid forms shuffle into view. They were apparently once human, but their movements are jerky, and their rotting flesh is almost falling off their bones. The smell from the bodies is noticeable. The creatures peel their lips back, baring yellowed teeth where they still remain. They shuffle slowly forward, arms outstretched towards the priest and the Paladin.

No need for initiative, these guys always go last. Group is up.


Gnome (hp=18/18) AC=6 THAC0=20 Illusionist/Thief 3/4 xp 6775/7441

Gnobby fires a sling bullet missing wildly as the sight of the zombies scared him more than his brave talk indicated. 1d20 ⇒ 51d4 ⇒ 2


"Now we know what the bandits feared so." Tarmin says as she lets her volley of arrows fly.

Arrow # 1
Attack 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16
Damage 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

Arrow # 2
Attack 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19
Damage 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3


Female Grey Elf Cleric 4/Ranger 3 (HP 40/40, AC 2; Init +3; Perception +16, Infravison 60ft)

Sallandrya's eyes adjust to the low lighting and as she makes out the approaching forms.

Chilled by their unnatural forms and with a look disgust for the walking abominations on life, she whispers a quick prayer to the Great Hunter that her aim holds true and mirrors the movements of Tarmin, launching two arrows above the heads and through the ranks of her fellow party members.

First shot

1d20 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 + 2 = 6

1d6 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 + 2 = 8

She carefully adjusts her aim

Second shot

1d20 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 + 2 = 14

1d6 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 + 2 = 6


Male Halfling Thief / 5

Podo...eyes widening with either fear or excitement,tries to maneuver so that he might be able to sneak up behind one of the smelly dead things while they're attacking the big-uns.


Male Human Cleric of Heironeous 5, AC-1/0 Hits 45/45, xp 13,363.5/27,000

Sir Galavaine calls on the brave god to protect him against the battle to come and smiles at the knowledge his soul did speak true. There is wrongness to be smote.

He steps forwards a little to give the archers and paladin space to act.

cast protection from evil, lasts 3 rounds. -2 to hit him and +2 to save vs their nastyness.

"By Heironeous stand and be judged for the foul creatures you are."


Male Human Paladin 3 [HP: 30/30]

At the sight of the walking blasphemies before him, Andre is filled with righteous indignation. "By my blade, these abominations will fall!" He wades directly towards them, slicing at one of them with his shining sword.

Mechanics:

Attack: 1d20 ⇒ 13
Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 7

Qadira

dm:

2d12 ⇒ (4, 5) = 9

to hit: 1d20 ⇒ 18
damage: 1d8 ⇒ 2

Sallandrya and Tarmin down one zombie before it can act, three of their arrows shattering the rotting body, ending the creature's twisted existence. Andre closes the distance with the other, burying his sword deeply in the zombie's side. The creature barely seems to notice that it has been wounded, however, and swings back at Andre, clawing his face before he can extricate his blade from its flesh.

The sounds of combat and the moans of the undead seem to have attracted other undead, as two more can be seen staggering from the next cell.

Andre, take 2 damage


Female Grey Elf Cleric 4/Ranger 3 (HP 40/40, AC 2; Init +3; Perception +16, Infravison 60ft)

Sallandrya's eyes widen as she see's more approaching forms.

'Thank the Great Hunter and the god's of Virtue that we were brought here, this wretched fort has become a hive of the damned!'

The look of disgust for the walking abominations lingers on Sallandrya's face and she launches two more arrows through the ranks of her fellow party members towards the new threat.

First shot

1d20 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 + 2 = 21

1d6 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 + 2 = 9

Second shot

1d20 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 + 2 = 23

1d6 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 + 2 = 9

Sallandrya will chance a glance behind her to make sure the door that was locked remains so.

"Pettry, watch our backs! Things just got 'sporting'!"


The thrum of bowstrings fills the air as Tarmin follows Sallandrya's example

Don't forget Sallandyra, our specialization give us 5 attacks ever 2 rounds, so 3 this round.

1st Arrow

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22
1d6 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

2nd Arrow

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6
1d6 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7

3rd Arrow

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16
1d6 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5


Male Human Cleric of Heironeous 5, AC-1/0 Hits 45/45, xp 13,363.5/27,000

Sir Galavaine steps up and attacks the one fighting Andre.

warhammer 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 = 21, damage 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

"Cleanse and survive!"


Male Human Paladin 3 [HP: 30/30]

"How many souls have they tormented to produce these twisted shells of men?", Andre wonders aloud as he thrusts his sword into the putrefied chest of the zombie before him.

Mechanics:

Attack: 1d20 ⇒ 3
Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 2


Female Grey Elf Cleric 4/Ranger 3 (HP 40/40, AC 2; Init +3; Perception +16, Infravison 60ft)

Right you are Tarmin. Nice roll Sir Galavaine!

Sallandrya will hold her last shot and fire at any that has been hit but is still standing and a threat to her companions

Third shot of round two

1d20 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 + 2 = 24

1d6 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 + 2 = 7

Rangers are showing off!


Gnome (hp=18/18) AC=6 THAC0=20 Illusionist/Thief 3/4 xp 6775/7441

Gnobby fires at those far away; missing poorly.
hit/dam: 1d20 ⇒ 41d4 ⇒ 1

Qadira

As the Rangers down the two that just appeared, Sir Galavaine finishes off the one that clipped Andre. Unfortunately, the hall seems fairly infested with the monsters as yet two more appear from another doorway, and two others appear from behind the far pillar.


Female Grey Elf Cleric 4/Ranger 3 (HP 40/40, AC 2; Init +3; Perception +16, Infravison 60ft)

Sallandrya starts to mentally count her arrows.

May the Great Hunter keep my quiver filled until we put the last of these monsters down!

first arrow

1d20 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 + 2 = 14

1d6 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 + 2 = 9

second arrow

1d20 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 + 2 = 19

1d6 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 + 2 = 6

Sallandrya will aim for the closest ones that would threaten her companions.


Male Human Cleric of Heironeous 5, AC-1/0 Hits 45/45, xp 13,363.5/27,000

Good third shot - Sallandrya. More 20's everyone!

Sir Galavaine moves to block off the pair coming from the doorway, thrusting his hammer up into the shambling undead's face.

Hammer attack 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6, damage 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

"Inevitable is thy rest. Quit moving out of the way of Heironeous' justice," as the creature steps aside easily.

Qadira

DM:
1d8 ⇒ 5 9hp zombie
1d7 ⇒ 66hp zombie
1d6 ⇒ 214 hp zombie
1d5 ⇒ 210hp zombie

Sallandrya barely has time to adjust her aim as her first arrow fells one of the creatures. Her second arrow flies true as well, dropping another of the monsters. Sir Galavaine hears more moans and scuffling beyond the zombie he currently faces. Heironeous clearly has much work planned for the young priest...


Stepping up slightly for a better angle , Tarmin sends two more arrows into their undead foes.

Arrow #1

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
1d6 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

Arrow #2

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10
1d6 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7


Male Halfling Thief / 5

REPOST: You know for such a popular Website...this one sure is full of glitches.

Podo will stay hidden from the beasts and ONLY attack if he has a backstab opportunity, or to rescue a comrade. If a rescue attempt -4 on attack, and only first die of damage

1d100 ⇒ 83Hide in shadows (50%) chance

1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6 Backstab / shortsword
2d6 ⇒ (6, 2) = 8 Damage


Male Human Paladin 3 [HP: 30/30]

"So many of them! This is what happens when Evil is allowed to gain a foothold!" Andre advances on the shambling corpse ahead of him, and slashes his sword at its neck.

Mechanics:

Attack: 1d20 ⇒ 1
Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 8

Qadira

Podo looks for an opportunity to sneak up on the creatures, but one isn't apparently forthcoming. Tarmin is unable to line up clean shots, and watches hers sail wide as Andre's clumsy swing does likewise. At the same time, four more appear out of the last two alcoves, shuffling towards the group, though their advance is blocked by the pillar and the two facing Andre and Sir Galavaine.

attack on Galavaine: 1d20 ⇒ 10
damage: 1d8 ⇒ 1

attack on Andre: 1d20 ⇒ 11
damage: 1d8 ⇒ 5

Both of the holy warriors fend off the blows of their attackers easily, but the press of the numbers behind them force the pair to take a step back all the same.

If I didn't have bad luck...There are six left, none of whom are wounded. they're stacked up south of Galavaine and Andre. Started a new job, so I can't do much for mapping at the moment.


Female Grey Elf Cleric 4/Ranger 3 (HP 40/40, AC 2; Init +3; Perception +16, Infravison 60ft)

Sallandrya will raise her arm and brandish her archer's bracers where the holy symbol of Solonor Thelandira is proudly carved.

"By the Great Woodland Hunter who's sight is pansophical, withdraw from his chosen and plague the world with your sour foulness no more!"

Turn attempt 1d20 ⇒ 16


Inspired by her countrywoman's revelation of their god's power, Tarmin steps up beside Sallandrya's upraised arm and fired a volley of arrows into the nearest zombie.

Arrow #1
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21
1d6 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

Arrow #2
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22
1d6 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

Arrow #3
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
1d6 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7


Male Human Cleric of Heironeous 5, AC-1/0 Hits 45/45, xp 13,363.5/27,000

The shield knocks a wayward down and away exposing the armpit to an easy attack. Sir Galavaine whips his warhammer up and into the body.

Attack 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 = 14, damage 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

Qadira

DM:
turned: 2d6 ⇒ (4, 1) = 5rounds: 3d4 ⇒ (3, 1, 3) = 7

Sir Galavaine catches his target with his warhammer as it begins to turn and shuffle away from him, Sallandrya's call to her god having its effect. Two of Tarmin's arrows strike true on one of the zombies, but this one, a twisted monster over 6 feet tall, doesn't flinch from the divine power. Instead, it snarls and looks to advance, even as the remaining undead move to flee back south. Podo senses his chance to strike at one of the fleeing zombies, but in his haste to attack when it seems fairly safe, only manages to further tear the creature's tattered clothing.

Need Andre/Gnobby. If they want, the thieves can easily attempt to backstab the fleeing zombies while they are turned.


Gnome (hp=18/18) AC=6 THAC0=20 Illusionist/Thief 3/4 xp 6775/7441

Gnobby draws his blades, and plunges them into the exposed backs of a retreating horror.
lsword/dagger x2 backstab: 1d20 - 1 + 4 ⇒ (20) - 1 + 4 = 231d20 - 1 + 4 ⇒ (12) - 1 + 4 = 152d8 ⇒ (4, 1) = 52d4 ⇒ (2, 2) = 4

Qadira

Gnobby finds a weak spot and dispatches one of the creatures before it can flee very far, both his sword and dagger tearing out the monster's back.


Male Human Paladin 3 [HP: 30/30]

Andre sees the opening Sallandrya's divine power has created, and charges at the giant rotting fiend. "Return to your eternal rest! Trouble the living no more!"

Mechanics:

Attack: 1d20 ⇒ 2
Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 5

The dice, they hate me.


Female Grey Elf Cleric 4/Ranger 3 (HP 40/40, AC 2; Init +3; Perception +16, Infravison 60ft)

Sallandrya releases the breath she had been holding in.

Thank the Great Hunter!

She pulls two more arrows and selects either any remaining threats or one that has retreated.

First shot
1d20 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 + 2 = 8

1d6 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 + 2 = 6

Second

1d20 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 + 2 = 8

1d6 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 + 2 = 10

Forcing her will on the abominations has taken a lot out of the Elf Ranger.

Since I turned undead I can only get two shots because my 3/2 round shots I am guessing 'rebooted .' Also half my normal arrows are gone!

Qadira

zombie attack: 1d20 ⇒ 19
damage: 1d8 ⇒ 6

Andre's swing fails to connect, and it in turn leaves him open to the counterattack of the creature. It grabs the Paladin bodily, and sinks its teeth into Andre's flesh. 6 damage, Andre The four other zombies shuffle away towards the far corner of the room, as Sallandrya's arrows fly harmlessly past.


Andre's body covered by the foul undead beast, Tarmin is able to target its back with a volley of arrows

Arrow #1
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
1d6 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

Arrow #2
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15
1d6 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5


Male Halfling Thief / 5

Seeing the evil smelly thing take a bite out of his new shiny friend, Podo rushes forward holding his small sword in both hands, determined to backstab the rancid beast.

1d20 ⇒ 8 Shortsword attack (+4 if applicable for backstab)

2d6 ⇒ (4, 4) = 8 Damage (May only be one)


Male Human Cleric of Heironeous 5, AC-1/0 Hits 45/45, xp 13,363.5/27,000

He moves up beside the large zombie and waits briefly for the paladin to acknowledge and begin a joint attack routine. He tries to feint and block to give them both a good chance of striking the shambling beast.

Warhammer to patella 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 10, damage 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

Qadira

Tarmin's second arrow and Podo's short sword strike at the same time, and the foul undead falls from Andre, whatever foul magics that had animated it dissipating as the cumulative effects of the party's attacks add up.

851 to 900 of 2,040 << first < prev | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The Temple of Elemental Evil All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.