Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


AD&D Greyhawk Adventures: The Temple of Elemental Evil

Game Master Anselth

Current map


701 to 750 of 2,040 << first < prev | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | next > last >>

"I cannot fault your plan, Galavaine, having eyes that can pierce the darkness on each watch is a sound strategy." Tarmin says ,then turning to Andre "T'would behoove all of use to allow you to journey back to Hommlet alone, I therefore volunteer to accompany you and our prisoner.We should be able to make the journey more quickly this time as we will not be clearing brush as we did on our trek into the moathouse.


Female Grey Elf Cleric 4/Ranger 3 (HP 40/40, AC 2; Init +3; Perception +16, Infravison 60ft)

DM Anselth

Spoiler:
Did Andre and Sir Galavaine already have a chance to intimidate or use diplomacy on the bandit?

Will it be fair to say we are able to retrieve half the arrows we used in this last combat? If not it's fine and I'll mark all of them off.

Is there a chance any of us would know what these 'dogmen' are?

My fellow party members/Anselth as Pettry

Spoiler:
Does anyone else need healing?

If we think the bandit can be of some use, even as a torch bearer and extra armed man, I think it could be worth it to have Pettry use Charm Person on him. He has no strong allegiance to whatever is in the lower area and an extra sword arm is better than a single Magic Missile. If he makes his save, then we should tie him up securely, taking the day to return him to Hommlett now would definitely give whatever is down there time to prepare for us. Pettry we need to get you a Sleep spell at the next chance we get.

While I understand there is some good in heading back, I don't think heading to Hommlett at the break of dawn is the best option, should we not push on further as long as we have a renewed and full strength group? Nor do I think locking ourselves in the room is the only viable option, although the bandits seemed safe enough, but if that's what the group think is best then that's what we'll do. Thoughts? I'll be happy to take watch and also cast Cure before bedding down.

Andre, Sir Galavaine, will either of you benefit from the Chainmail?

"We should bring the remains of the bandits at the gate into one of the rooms, no matter where we decide to spend the night. Some blood may be missed, bodies would decidedly not be."

Qadira

Intimidating or pursuading the brigand won't work. He's scared to death of whatever it was he saw coming up from the lower dungeon, which is now obvious to both Sir Galavaine and Andre. You can gather half of the arrows spent in the combat, several of the ones that missed broke against the wall.

D20 roll of 18 or better:

"Dogmen" might refer to gnolls. You've never seen one, but have heard some stories, centered around their cruelty and taste for banditry. They are supposedly hairy humanoids, larger than even a large man, with features like a wolf or dog.


Male Human Magic User / Lvl 1

blind D20: 1d20 ⇒ 9

"Taking the first watch will be fine. I can examine whatever is left for magical properties."


D20 roll : 1d20 ⇒ 7


Female Grey Elf Cleric 4/Ranger 3 (HP 40/40, AC 2; Init +3; Perception +16, Infravison 60ft)

1d20 ⇒ 14


Female Grey Elf Cleric 4/Ranger 3 (HP 40/40, AC 2; Init +3; Perception +16, Infravison 60ft)

While checking the rules regarding armor I was looking over what class could wear what and discovered the XP tables and that one of our dashing rogues may just have leveled up. I think brave Podo just qualified for 2nd level!

: )

After realizing her companions are already wearing armor of quality, and following Tarmin's lead, Sallandrya, while hesitant at first, takes the Chainmail armor off the fallen foe who wore it.

She too discards the padding used by the brigand, checks the straps and clasps for soundness, then breaks out her wineskin and uses a portion of the spring water to clean the armor as best she can. After which she picks up the half spent torch and uses the flame to further sanitize the worn armor.

Only after completing this tedious process, she finally gets her nerve up to put on the Chain mail and makes adjustments with the straps so she does not hamper her movement or accuracy.


Male Halfling Thief / 5

Dang it. My dot disappeared, and I missed all this fun. Hopefully it's back now, and I can resume. If not I'll keep checking without my dot. I'll get 2nd leveled tonight :-)


Male Human Cleric of Heironeous 5, AC-1/0 Hits 45/45, xp 13,363.5/27,000

1d20 ⇒ 12

Sir Galavaine helps Sallandrya with her replacement armour, tightening the straps and hefting the weighty mail links until she smiles even a little at the biting rings.


Male Human Paladin 3 [HP: 30/30]

Spoiler:
1d20 ⇒ 13

"An excellent point, Sallandrya. I'll get to the grisly deed straight away. We can hide their bodies in that room that had the snake in it - it sounded like none of the bandits went there. Tarmin, would you care to accompany me?"


"Of course, Andre. Lead the way " Tarmin says.


Female Grey Elf Cleric 4/Ranger 3 (HP 40/40, AC 2; Init +3; Perception +16, Infravison 60ft)

"My thanks Sir Galavaine, you are gracious as you are valorous."

"I think this may be the heaviest armor I have ever worn, it may take a little while to get used to. It would not do well to don such a heavy burden running through the thick woodlands of my homeland, but here ... it may be well be a necessity."

To the Paladin, "Andre, do you have any wounds that need care?" and more quietly and glancing towards the bandit, "I shall watch your charge while you are away."


Gnome (hp=18/18) AC=6 THAC0=20 Illusionist/Thief 3/4 xp 6775/7441

"Metal armor is so noisy. But it looks like much better protection!"

Qadira

DM:

Andre/Tarmin random chance: 1d12 ⇒ 3
Encounter: 1d6 ⇒ 2
1st watch random chance: 1d12 ⇒ 7
Encounter: 1d6 ⇒ 5
2nd watch random chance: 1d12 ⇒ 3
Encounter: 1d6 ⇒ 2
3rd watch random chance: 1d12 ⇒ 12
Encounter: 1d6 ⇒ 4

Tarmin and Andre make their way swiftly to the gate. They shoo away a few small scavenger rodents that have already found the bodies. After silently stripping the bodies of anything that might be of value, they drag the bodies to the edge of the pool where the giant frogs had been. Locating a pool of soft mud, Tarmin manages to float the bodies down below the surface to hide them. Confident that the bodies won't reappear, she rinses her hands, and she and Andre return to the group. The task takes just under half an hour.

When the Paladin and Ranger return, the group settles in to rest. The doors are barricaded with broken bits of furniture. Andre, Podo and Pettry align themselves to watch the doors and the exterior entrance, huddling against the chill winds from outside. The brigands were kind enough to leave blankets for the group to use as bedding, though they are thin, and provide precious little warmth. During his watch, Pettry picks up and holds each item they have found, eventually frowning and setting them aside. Finally, he handles the arrows, smiles, and sets them next to him.

When Andre wakes the two elves for their watch, Pettry hands each of them a pair of arrows. "Use these with care. They should fly more true than even your eyes and hands are capable of."

The watch passes uneventfully for Sallandrya and Tarmin, though there are some snuffling noises very near the moathouse outside the crumbled section of the wall. Sir Galavaine and Gnobby have a similar experience, thankful when the sun begins to rise and the rest of the group begins to stir. Pettry wakes grumbling, but sits against the wall with his spellbook, prepping for the day.

Pettry will prepare and use charm person on the brigand, unless the group wishes him to prepare something else (magic missile or enlarge person).


Male Human Cleric of Heironeous 5, AC-1/0 Hits 45/45, xp 13,363.5/27,000

I do not have a problem but Galavaine is very uncomfortable indeed. The brigand is a total coward so forcing him against his will to go into danger is not great. However he is sensible enough to see why that is a logical use of charm person. I am not here to argue or cause pvp action so I would rather not use the brigand like this.

Sir Galavaine prays with the dawn leaking through the ceiling. He asks the Lord of Courage to watch over his exploits on this day and be true to his word.


Female Grey Elf Cleric 4/Ranger 3 (HP 40/40, AC 2; Init +3; Perception +16, Infravison 60ft)

If Andre still needs healing may I cast a Cure Light Wounds prior to resting for the evening?

At the break of dawn Sallandrya whispers her thanks to the Great Hunter for a night without incident. She then checks on her fellows then finds a corner facing the rising sun and bows her head in meditation and supplication to Solonor Thelandira and asks for him to help her aim be true this day.

After which, she waits for the Cleric of Heironious to finish with his morning ritual then comes along to his side. "Sir Andre, could I a brief word with you ...


Tarmin doubt that the spell would be enough to compel the man to accompany the party down the stairs... perhaps though to glean more information ? Something he wouldn't otherwise tell us?

Tarmin stretches to remove a kink from her shoulder, then nods greeting to her companions. Checking her equipment state of readiness , she the spends some minutes moving her way through a number of elven swordfighting patterns.

Qadira

Salla, absolutely. We can retcon anything else the party wants to knock out before resting, as well. You also have time to plan your approach to the lower dungeon, I won't move you forward until the group is ready.


Female Grey Elf Cleric 4/Ranger 3 (HP 40/40, AC 2; Init +3; Perception +16, Infravison 60ft)

Sallandrya, takes council with Sir Galavaine quietly after his prayers

Spoiler:
"Sir Galavaine, you are a priest of Heironeous the Just, the Daring, the Valorous, and you embody your patron in heart and deed."

"Please understand I would never ask you to compromise your beliefs nor would I challenge them, but I ask that you to hear my line of reasoning. If my thoughts and words do not move you, then I shall not bring up the matter again, for I do not hold your position in your beliefs in light regard."

"In my homeland we must ever be on the watch against the machinations and agents of the accursed Old One (Iuz) who has hated us and all we have stood for since he first drew breath. He not only seeks to enslave us but one day wipe us from the face of the world. And while mine are an ancient and proud people, we realize we neither have the resources nor the numbers to thwart his every move."

"Sometimes in order to vanquish the greater evil we must use the means, tools and stratagems that may not seem ideal or even upon first glance, what you may deem as 'not honorable'. We veil ourselves with illusions, use spies mundane and magical to seek truth and spread lies, our naturalists turn herbs into deadly salves that coat our arrows, we set up ambushes on foes greater and lesser than our number and let none live."

"But tell me good Sir, if by these very actions the suffering of the innocent and defenseless can be attained, by acting as such can we continue our existence, is not doing so for 'the greater good'? I am sure many less than honorable and forthright have argued this very point before, but I do not hide behind a facade and abide by the truths I know and hold dear, as you do. Ask our Paladin to view me in this moment and see if my heart holds any malice or dark designs."

With her eyes she leads the priest to look upon their captive, "Our prisoner has wrought wrong into the world, and his punishment is not mine to dispense. But given that he is here and he is in our charge can we not bring some good given the tools we now possess? My thoughts in this matter are plain, we all wish to combat the darkness the lay in wait for us. You have your god's blessings and your strong arm that brandishes that mace, Tarmin has her natural speed and her swift bow, and Pettry ... may have the chance to enlist this bandit to our cause, be it for a brief respite. He may be an unwitting tool but he can be made a weapon against our foes none the less. "

"He may very well hang for his past actions, if his life is forfeit, then we may as well have him aid our cause during his last days on Oerth, and if in his actions, even while under enchantment, saves his soul from the pits of the lower planes, is that not good in of itself?"

The Elf lets out a long breath, "I shall abide on your decision in this matter, I just wanted to express my thoughts and intent. May the Valorous Knight and Great Hunter favor us this day."


She locks eyes with the Knight's for a moment, then walks to join the others.


Male Human Cleric of Heironeous 5, AC-1/0 Hits 45/45, xp 13,363.5/27,000

Eventually Ferman Galavaine gets up and tucks the chains of his holy symbol back under his armour. He shakes his head and smiles at the gathering.

"Sally I do not tell others what they must do. I merely concern myself with their courageous souls - ones which make my Lord proud. This bandit is a test for us all. A shadowy road that thy servant do not condone."

He heads for the doors and turns briefly.

"My view is that no one should be mind magicked into heading below ground with their heart filled with fear. Find your own truths and decide for yourselves. But know that there is but one righteous path and once thou doth step off it thou finds it harder still to return but easier to head into further mere acts of such pragmatism. Know that should you choose to continue with this then I will not step aside."

Sir Galavaine heads outside to the main courtyard murmuring to those with good hearing, "I must relieve myself while this matter is finished."


Male Human Paladin 3 [HP: 30/30]

"Aye, Salla, whatever invocation you might channel from your god would be appreciative - those bandits may not have found purchase with their weapons, but that monstrous insect drained a good bit of my blood."


Female Grey Elf Cleric 4/Ranger 3 (HP 40/40, AC 2; Init +3; Perception +16, Infravison 60ft)

From the night before.

Cure Light Wounds on Andre
8 = 8


Gnome (hp=18/18) AC=6 THAC0=20 Illusionist/Thief 3/4 xp 6775/7441

"I don't care how it happens, but I know first into the breach can be deadly and fatal. Better a bandit than me through the door first."

Gnobby looks at everyone, "I think pragmatism is a good quality. Magic him up."


Male Human Magic User / Lvl 1

Pettry considers for a moment, then motions Sallandrya, Andre, and Sir Galavaine over.

"If I can suggest a compromise. We will lose valuable time if some of us were to take him back to town, but I think Sir Galavaine has the right of it - forcing him to go below seems wrong if he's that afraid. I could charm him, then tell him to go turn himself in to Burne. Justice would be done, and we wouldn't have to spare anyone to guard him."


"A practical option, Pet try. What say you, Galavaine?"


Female Grey Elf Cleric 4/Ranger 3 (HP 40/40, AC 2; Init +3; Perception +16, Infravison 60ft)

EEEK! I'll post on the discussion thread. While I do like the role playing interaction here I don't want to keep us from continuing on.

Sallandrya will pray for Cure Light Wounds for her open slot.


Male Halfling Thief / 5

Podo begins to fidget around the room, poking at things, and kicking small objects, and the others debate the moral ethics of what to do with the bandit. He really doesn't care one way or the other, unburdened with things like guilt, and remorse.

"I'm sure all the bad stuff was up here". "Let's go and get all the good treasure downstairs".


Gnome (hp=18/18) AC=6 THAC0=20 Illusionist/Thief 3/4 xp 6775/7441

Gnobby also decides carrying moral baggage sure makes life harder. He also is pragmatic and likes having a paladin along.

"Well, magic him up and send him to town. Have him make a full confession and ask to be punished a fair amount, no more and no less than he deserves."

Gnobby speaks to Andre, "Good knight, I appreciate your position in this. Please understand we have lower standards of goodness, but are willing to make allowances to accomodate you."


Male Human Cleric of Heironeous 5, AC-1/0 Hits 45/45, xp 13,363.5/27,000

A few minutes after Galavaine comes back in. He readily agrees to the plan for the bandit.

"Pettry that would be fine," smiles the holy warrior. When he hears the words of Gnobby then he bursts out laughing. "Thank you Gnobby. Tis a rich jest! And do not worry I know thy heart be truer than thy words. Let us continue on if everyone is prepared now."


"Alright, I'm glad that is settled. It is important that each of us is comfortable with our actions as a group, remember to speak up as Galavaine did if you have concerns about our strategy or decisions; especially you Gnobby " says looking down on the gnome fondly.


Male Human Paladin 3 [HP: 30/30]

Andre nods in agreement with Pettry. "Aye, that seems the wisest plan of action. Our other option would be to restrain him until we deal with what lies below, but that carries problems as well. What if the worst happens, and we are not strong enough to prevail? We have condemned that man to die a slow and painful death from starvation and dehydration. Better he walk back to Hommlet to seek judgment rather than that."

He straightens himself, and checks the straps on his shield. "Weave your spell, Pettry. The rest of you, prepare yourselves - we are about to find out what has frightened this man so to willingly face the gallows than witness it with his own eyes."

Qadira

Pettry rubs his hands together, then chants softly and weaves his hands in an intricate pattern. The brigand's eyes go wide when he realizes that Pettry's attention is focused on him. "Don't! Don't hurt me!" Suddenly the struggling ceases and the man looks at Pettry calmly, as if he didn't notice the bonds around his feet and wrists. Pettry tosses a grin at the rest of the group, before commandeering Gnobby's dagger and cutting the man free.

"I need you to go down the road to Hommlet, do you know where that is?" Pettry hands the dagger back to the gnome as the man nods. "There is a man there named Burne. Please see him and tell him what you were doing here." The brigand nods and stands up.

"Are you sure you don't need me here?"

Pettry nods. "I will meet you back in town shortly, but I need you to run ahead for me." Obviously torn, the brigand finally nods and climbs out through the wall, disappearing into the swamp.

That done, Pettry packs up his book and picks up his staff. "I am ready."


Male Human Cleric of Heironeous 5, AC-1/0 Hits 45/45, xp 13,363.5/27,000

Sir Galavaine shakes his head as Pettry's powerful spell controls the man's mind.

"Impressive Pettry. Very impressive."


"Yes indeed, Pettry, that is powerful magic you have at your disposal. " Tarmin says to the mage. Looking at her companions, she says "Now that we've taken care of that dilemma let us turn our attention to these stairs."


Male Human Paladin 3 [HP: 30/30]

"Most definitely! 'Tis a good thing that we have your powers on our side, Pettry - how can the forces of Evil hope to triumph with such skilled warrior facing it? Now, let us away - the cellar awaits."


Gnome (hp=18/18) AC=6 THAC0=20 Illusionist/Thief 3/4 xp 6775/7441

Gnobby tries to clarify his feelings, "Andre, I meant to say that your strength of arms and faith make putting up with your moral indiosyncracies quite an acceptable cost of doing business."

Gnobby starts a quick song:"Off to the cellars, yo ho, yo ho-- we say some prayers, yo ho, ho-- we cast some magic, yo ho, yo ho-- we loose some arrows, yo ho yo-- we stomp evil, yo ho, yo ho-- we eat some pies yo ho, yo ho-- we find gold, yo ho, yo ho."


Female Grey Elf Cleric 4/Ranger 3 (HP 40/40, AC 2; Init +3; Perception +16, Infravison 60ft)

"Let Gnobby and Podo have their secret baubles, when no one is looking, I shall steal Pettry for my homeland, then surely Iuz days would be numbered. One day not long from now, I shall loudly boast that I had the privilege of accompanying the future Archmage Pettry, who is skilled in the Craft Arcana as he is in the Art of Compromise.


Female Grey Elf Cleric 4/Ranger 3 (HP 40/40, AC 2; Init +3; Perception +16, Infravison 60ft)

I just remembered that switching to the heavier armor may now penalize my Elven move silently ability ...

"Shall we send a scout team of say two to get an assessment of what's going on down there? Or do we just head in, storm their defense and say 'Sir Galavaine and company have arrived' - surrender or forfeit your lives!", Sallandrya flashes the bold cleric of valor a smile and a teasing wink.

Then more seriously, "We should have a plan in case our blessings and luck not hold as true as we had yesterday. Let us set up an area we can easily defend if we are forced back up to this level, perhaps even set snares or debris to fall on our unwary foes. The bandit was truly frightened, and while I am certain our Fellowship will prevail, we can always hedge the fates a little in our favor."

"Then, when we are confident we have set up a safe area to fall back to, let the hunt begin!"

Gnobby

Spoiler:
Here's another idea as well, if you got a good enough look at the leader, should we consider an illusion of him walking well ahead of us as we kept to the shadows? Or, if we were bold, even walking in WITH him, after all whatever may be down there may not know how his men really looked liked.

Qadira

DM:

Random: 1d12 ⇒ 5
Podo: 1d20 ⇒ 9
Gnobby: 1d20 ⇒ 5
Andre: 1d20 ⇒ 19
Galavaine: 1d20 ⇒ 13
Tarmin: 1d20 ⇒ 6
Salla: 1d20 ⇒ 15
Pettry: 1d20 ⇒ 6

Pettry blushes at the compliments while the group makes ready. "With companions like you, we can't help but succeed!"

As the group moves up to the stairway, they note that many of the rat corpses are gone, though no sign of what removed them remains. Gnobby and Podo examine the stairway, and declare it safe for the group to proceed. The stairs are narrow, only allowing one person down at a time, and what little light filters into the great hall from outside fades to shadow as the stairs descend to a landing, where they appear to turn and continue down, out of sight.

ok, need a marching order. Pettry will carry a torch for the humans to see by.


I propose that I and gnobby or sallyandra and podo, advance first followed by the other pair. Then those who need the torch follows, therefore not spoiling the dark vision of those in front.

Qadira

I misread Sallandrya's post - The room you spent the night in is very defensible, the doors can be barricaded and the exit leads right out to the woods should you need to get away.


Male Halfling Thief / 5

Podo, the previous day's frightful experiences now a part of the distant past is ready to once again lead the way. "I'll be we'll find a bunch of stuff that was left behind for us to keep for them". "People can be so careless sometimes". "It's a good thing I'm around to watch stuff for them".


Male Human Cleric of Heironeous 5, AC-1/0 Hits 45/45, xp 13,363.5/27,000

"Let Andre be the banner which names us. A true paladin will have them flocking to our clarion call. We are his humble servants." He answers in all seriousness.

Galavaine nods at the suggestion from Sallandyra, "how doth a simple rope or twine attached to both sides of the stairs sound? Surely should someone following trip and fall following with all the peacefulness of a smithy at work would help us? The room itself is a fine place to rendezvous I would hazard."

Sir Galavaine claps a hand on various shoulders as a sign of brotherhood and friendship. He takes up position near the rear of the party accepting the scouts offer of leading.

Qadira

A quick look at the top of the stairs tells Sallandrya that Sir Galavaine's idea is viable. There are enough irregularities that a piece of cord could easily be stretched between two of them.


Male Human Cleric of Heironeous 5, AC-1/0 Hits 45/45, xp 13,363.5/27,000

Once the warning line is set, Galavaine speaks from one wall, "Good. Let us be done with preparations and find out what evils infest below."


Seeing that all are ready, Tarmin says to Gnobby "Lead on , I will be but a small step behind.". Nodding to the other each in turn, she follows the gnome into the darkness, arrow knocked, carefully stepping over the cleverly laid trap.


Gnome (hp=18/18) AC=6 THAC0=20 Illusionist/Thief 3/4 xp 6775/7441

Gnobby moves ahead at a walk, moving very cautiously. Twice he has been ahead, and twice he has been lying near death.

If Tarmin has scale mail on, there is probably no benefit to stealth. I would rather a fighter lead.


Male Human Paladin 3 [HP: 30/30]

"And I as well, little Gnobby. We have your back."


Male Halfling Thief / 5

"What's the big deal". "I said I'd go first", Podo says as he begins to move cautiously forward.


Female Grey Elf Cleric 4/Ranger 3 (HP 40/40, AC 2; Init +3; Perception +16, Infravison 60ft)

Gnobby, do you think we could use an illusion on the Bandit leader now? Or is it not needed?

After setting up the trip rope as best she and Podo can at the top of the stairs, Sallandrya turns to see her scouting partner take point.

She gets up agilely, smiles as she hands Pettry a new unlit torch and picks up her bow. Notching a new arrow, the Ranger priest is now well aware that her armor, while providing greater protection, may decrease her friend's stealth ability if she follows too closely.

The Elf gives the silent pair of Podo and Gnobby ample room to advance ahead (as much as needed) of her before she begins to quietly trail them, all the while keeping an eye in front of their advance to provide cover fire from above for her brave friends.

Is this the marching order? I ask because it's not clear on the posts

Spoiler:

possible illusion?

Gnobby and Podo

Tarmin

Sallandrya

Sir Galavaine and Andre

Pettry

701 to 750 of 2,040 << first < prev | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The Temple of Elemental Evil All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.