Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


AD&D Greyhawk Adventures: The Temple of Elemental Evil

Game Master Anselth

Current map


551 to 600 of 2,040 << first < prev | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | next > last >>

Male Human Cleric of Heironeous 5, AC-1/0 Hits 45/45, xp 13,363.5/27,000

To help, "Podo I am afraid the battles will become much fiercer than this. Have faith. You are among friends and we shall prevail," he murmurs to the halfling.

Sir Galavaine shows him the lightning bolt of Heironeous on his shield as a demonstration of his brave god.


Male Halfling Thief / 5

Podo looks up from running his finger over the fine inlay on Sir Galavine's shield, all thoughts of the previous mood and encounter exiting his brain as quickly as they entered.

Podo forces a grim smile. "Well at least nobody got killed bad or anything". "Wait sir Andre"! "You want me to listen at that door first"?

Qadira

The door opens easily for Andre, opening onto a chamber that is littered with the remains of a few wild animal pels, some teeth, and broken antlers. Nothing appears to be moving within.

Tarmin:
What did you do with the shield you found in the snake?


DM:

Sorry, I meant to mention that I'd have brought it out to the big room in case some one had need of it

Tarmin lines up behind Gnobby, to lend assistance if anything threatening appears.


Gnome (hp=18/18) AC=6 THAC0=20 Illusionist/Thief 3/4 xp 6775/7441

Gnobby tries to sneak in.
Move Silently/Hide In Shadows2d100 ⇒ (47, 26) = 73

Qadira

Tarmin:
It tingles at your touch, a hint of magic as obvious to one of your race as the color of the sky. What the dweomer does, you cannot be certain.

Gnobby slides quietly into the room, almost disappearing in the dim light within. His keen senses note no sounds that seem out of place. The room is musty, still, and utterly abandoned.


Tarmin motions Pettry over to her side. "I am certain that this shield I found in the snake's gullet is enchanted, though in which manner I cannot say. Can you determine anything else?"


Male Human Magic User / Lvl 1

Pettry nods. "I will examine it when we are somewhere safe. I don't want to endanger the others while I take the time necessary."


"Of course, my thanks Pettry" Tarmin says, then takes her place behind Gnobby once again.


Male Human Cleric of Heironeous 5, AC-1/0 Hits 45/45, xp 13,363.5/27,000

"Can we move along little quicker. Tarrying may lead to the patrol's death being noticed. They should keep in touch with their barracks, although I do feel their organisation may be poor leaving these chambers empty.

Sir Galavaine keeps an eye out behind, listening at the double doors from a distance of twenty feet. He shrugs a little in apology for repeating himself.

"I do not wish to see our advantage lost."


Aye, Galavaine, let us complete our assay of the above-ground environs ,then we can delve downward


Male Human Paladin 3 [HP: 30/30]

"You speak wisdom, Sir Galavaine. Let us make haste through these rooms, afore the brigands catch on to our presence." He gestures for Gnobby to listen at the western door while he opens the eastern.

Qadira

Andre:
A little confused. You already opened the eastern door, the room Gnobby just entered. You now have a closed northern, southern, and western (double) door (as you look west to the end of the corridor). In the southern corridor there's still an unopened eastern and western door. And the door in the northeast corner of the large central chamber.


Male Human Paladin 3 [HP: 30/30]

DM:

That makes two of us. I had thought we were in the southern passage for some weird reason. Let's switch that around to me opening the northern door while Gnobby listens at the southern.

Qadira

Andre opens the door to the north. Inside appears to be the remains of a kitchen, a fireplace and cask rest along the northern wall, while kitchen tables covered in moldy food sit haphazardly around the room.

dm:

andre wisdom: 1d20 ⇒ 8

Andre sees no human occupants, but senses a faint scuttling near the fireplace.

MAP is updated. From now on I'll link it here as well as the campaign tab.


Male Human Paladin 3 [HP: 30/30]

Andre is about to close the kitchen door and move on when his attention is drawn to the fireplace. "Tarmin, cover me," he whispers. "There is movement by the fireplace. I'm going to check it out." He enters the room and slowly advances towards the fireplace, the flat of his blade resting on the top of his shield, ready to strike should the fireplace's denizen prove hostile.


Gnome (hp=18/18) AC=6 THAC0=20 Illusionist/Thief 3/4 xp 6775/7441

A trick I learned, put the link to the map in the short campaign description and it is always at the top of the page. Call it current map.

Gnobby looks for surprises elsewhere as Andre moves in.


Male Halfling Thief / 5

Podo follows the others in not quiet as anxious to be the first in as he was previously.

I'm sure the first glint of treasure will restore his confidence...or greed :-)


Tarmin advances to the door behind Andre , ready to let fly if occasion warrants


Female Grey Elf Cleric 4/Ranger 3 (HP 40/40, AC 2; Init +3; Perception +16, Infravison 60ft)

DM Anselth/The Fellowship of Hommlett

Spoiler:
I'm sorry I have not posted but its been a very busy work week leading up to preparing for my vacation. I will be away in Bali from Tuesday Aug 14 to Monday Aug 20. I am not sure how internet connectivity will work over there so please handle and watch over Sallandrya for the up coming week.

...
I was assuming Sallandrya was alongside or immediately behind Andre covering him, she volunteered to be among the first rank at least for now while she is unscathed by battle.

Next rolls if for to hit in combat or search/spot as needed, please apply modifiers

1d20 ⇒ 19 1d20 ⇒ 9

Some notes:

Spoiler:
Sallandrya will try to use missile fire over melee whenever possible and favorable.

She will target opponents in this manner, from priority to least priority: enemy spell casters, enemy missile troops, enemy melee fighters.

She will cast Command "Sleep" on any overwhelming fighter type.

She will cast Cure Light on anyone should Sir Galavaine or Andre not be available or other wise engaged in combat.

She will light and fire her special arrows to light darkened paths.

I'll be back in a week, I hope everyone has a good rest of their summer!

Qadira

DM:

party: 1d6 ⇒ 2
tick: 1d6 ⇒ 5

As andre enters the room, the scuttling form appears as some type of overgrown insect, though it takes a second to register just what it is. Andre then recognizes the flat body of a tick, though this is much larger than any of those creatures he has ever heard of...

Andre and Tarmin can see/attack the creature. Anyone else will need to move through the open door. Gnobby hears nothing through the southern door.


Tarmin's eyes widen as she the outline of the bug becomes obvious against the rubble in the room. She has heard rumours of large insects like this from the backwoods but never really gave them any credence, but she is convinced now!!!

Eye's narrowing in concentration, she fires a barrage of arrows

First Arrow
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9
1d6 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8

Second Arrow
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11
1d6 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8


Gnome (hp=18/18) AC=6 THAC0=20 Illusionist/Thief 3/4 xp 6775/7441

"What are you waiting for Andre, squash that bug!!"


Male Human Cleric of Heironeous 5, AC-1/0 Hits 45/45, xp 13,363.5/27,000

Sir Galavaine starts to move through the group and then remembers his training he returns to the rear. His shield and hammer face the double doors.

"Gnobby, stealthy, stealthy, catchee, treasure! Stop shouting please or we may end up bottled in fighting on two fronts."


Male Human Paladin 3 [HP: 30/30]

Andre grimaces in revulsion at the loathsome vermin before him. He slashes out with his longsword, seeking the soft spots of the insect's chitinous body.

Mechanics:

Attack: 1d20 ⇒ 17
Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 2

Qadira

DM:

tick attack: 1d20 ⇒ 18
tick damage: 1d4 ⇒ 4

Andre's blade skitters across the flattened back of the creature, slicing awkwardly and dealing some damage.

The awkwardness of the strike leaves Andre open when the creature rears at him, it's wicked mandibles tearing into his flesh, eliciting a cry of pain from the Paladin as it works its mouthparts deeper into the flesh of his shield arm.

Andre, take 4 points of damage. The creature has attached itself to your arm, and no longer needs to make a to hit roll to cause damage to you.

Everyone take 75xp for the fights with the snake and the rats.


Male Halfling Thief / 5

Podo quiet and watching until now, screams in rage as he sees the beast latch onto his friend. "Oh no you don't". He maneuvers behind the big tick to try and find a weak spot.

1d20 ⇒ 13 Shortsword attack.
1d6 ⇒ 2 Damage

*If this is considered a sneak attack since the beast is otherwise engaged, then +4 to hit, and double damage.


Cursing her failure with her bow and seeing the predicament that Andre is in, Tarmin draws her sword and attempts to skewer the vermin before it sucks the life out of her friend.

1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 16
1d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

Qadira

Tarmin and Podo both hit the creature, Podo'd strike severing one of its segmented legs, but they fail to dislodge the creature.


Male Human Paladin 3 [HP: 30/30]

"Gah! Off, you devil!" Andre places the flat of his blade against the creature and presses up, hoping to dislodge the creature with leverage.

Mechanics:

Attack: 1d20 ⇒ 6
Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 4

Qadira

Andre, you cause no damage, but give me a minor test to see if you can dislodge it.

Qadira

One of Sally's auto actions while she is being NPCed was to heal when needed. Maybe she could be ready with a spell in case Andre gets hurt more.

Qadira

She's going to if the check fails. Otherwise, she's going to shoot the thing


Gnome (hp=18/18) AC=6 THAC0=20 Illusionist/Thief 3/4 xp 6775/7441

Gnobby rushes the tick, hoping to hit a vulnerable spot while the tick is fixated on Andre.

Lsword 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (11) - 1 = 10
Dagger 1d20 - 3 ⇒ (2) - 3 = -1
Longsword hitting AC6 or worse if a backstab for 2d8 ⇒ (7, 3) = 10


Female Grey Elf Cleric 4/Ranger 3 (HP 40/40, AC 2; Init +3; Perception +16, Infravison 60ft)

Posting from the airport while eating pistachios. Of course the action picks up as i leave.

DM Anseth:

Can I have Sallandrya draw her sword, close in and help Andre? I posted a few days ago that I wanted to be directly behind him in the marching order.

If so I have a 19 on my next D20 roll above and I get a + 1 as an Elf and a +2 for Str for a total of 22.

Damage 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7

Andre:

I will happy to cast Cure Light if you need it, but you can cure yourself too in part with Lay of Hands, which will leave me to heal others who may be more wounded later, either way please roll for the heal.

I made some rolls for combat and searches and used one up, there is still a 9 that was not used, here are my next two rolls after that one is used up, please apply modifiers as needed. Good luck guys!

1d20 ⇒ 11

1d20 ⇒ 14

Qadira

Sallandrya takes a large hunk out of the creature, though it stubbornly remains attached to Andre.


Male Halfling Thief / 5

Viciously grimacing, Podo takes a stab at the bloated creature again...and temporarily looses his footing in the blood of the beast.

1d20 ⇒ 5 Shortsword Attack
1d6 ⇒ 3 Shortsword Damage

*Apply Backstab/Sneak attack modifiers if applicable.


Male Human Cleric of Heironeous 5, AC-1/0 Hits 45/45, xp 13,363.5/27,000

If Galavaine can reach Andre he will step up to join the fight. He looks for a chink in the armoured back...

Hammer on carapace 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6, Damage 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

....but it is build like a dwarven forge!

Qadira

GM:

Tick damage: 1d6 ⇒ 3

morale: 1d6 ⇒ 4

Battered and missing a leg, the creature seems to decide that this is not a meal worth dying for. It releases its hold on Andre's arm, and attempts to make its way out of the arrow slit on the north side of the room.

Anyone that wants to can take a crack at the tick before it escapes, or the group can let it flee. Andre, take 1 additional point of damage.


Gnome (hp=18/18) AC=6 THAC0=20 Illusionist/Thief 3/4 xp 6775/7441

I don't want to let it go.

[lsword dagger] 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (3) - 1 = 21d20 - 3 ⇒ (14) - 3 = 11


"Hold, everyone ! Hold! Let the creature go, it had no evil designs, it merely followed its instincts." Tarmin says gently bringing Gnobby back to balance following his errant swing. Turning to Andre,"How fares the arm, Andre?"


Male Human Paladin 3 [HP: 30/30]

Andre hisses in pain as the tick releases its hold on his arm and withdraws its proboscis. He allows it to flee, skittering across the floor towards the window. He sheathes his sword briefly, clasping his hand to his wound, chanting the prayers his mentor had taught him. As he does, a warm light emanates from his hand, and the bite is healed over when he releases his grasp, though his color is still a bit pale.

"I will survive, friend Tarmin. It will take more than an oversized insect to bring low one of the Chapeaux." He draws steel again, withdrawing from the room to examine the door on the southern wall.

Qadira

The door on the south of the corridor appears battered, and, upon closer inspection, is revealed to not even be latched. Gnobby was unable to hear anything beyond the door when he put his ear to it.


Male Human Paladin 3 [HP: 30/30]

Andre takes a look back to make certain his compatriots are ready for whatever lies beyond the portal, and he throws the door open.


Sheathing her sword, Tarmin turns and follows Andre, raising her bow , arrow knocked and ready to fire.


Male Human Cleric of Heironeous 5, AC-1/0 Hits 45/45, xp 13,363.5/27,000

Sir Galavaine keeps a tight smile at the healing power of a true holy warrior. Something his father and brother could do for the injured. Not him.

He moves up behind the rest.

Qadira

The door opens easily for the Paladin, revealing a room that is empty, save broken furniture and a single torch stub hanging from the southern wall.

DM:

Tarmin wis: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15


Male Human Paladin 3 [HP: 30/30]

Andre sniffs at the empty room, closing it behind him - it can be searched once the bandits are found. He finally turns his attention to the western doors, pushing them open and scanning the room for threats.


Male Halfling Thief / 5

Podo stands around behind the "bigguns", and scans each room after they leave it to go on to the next one, in case they missed anything interesting.

Qadira

Podo:

You find nothing of value in the kitchen

DM:
Lizard surprise: 1d6 ⇒ 1
group surprise: 1d6 ⇒ 6
lizard init: 1d6 ⇒ 6
group init: 1d6 ⇒ 2

As Andre pushes the doors open, his nose is assaulted by the smell of something, half eaten and rotting, lying against the back wall.

Lizard attack: 1d20 ⇒ 10

Fortunately, he has just enough time to raise his shield and deflect a bite from an oversized lizard, obviously the owner of the half eaten meal.

Party is up. I will update the map tonight. The room takes up the remainder of the blackened region to the west. Andre has stepped through the door, so melee combatants can move past him to either side.

551 to 600 of 2,040 << first < prev | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The Temple of Elemental Evil All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.