Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

AD&D Greyhawk Adventures: The Temple of Elemental Evil

Game Master Anselth

Current map


451 to 500 of 2,040 << first < prev | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | next > last >>

Male Human Magic User / Lvl 1

Pettry turns back to Tarmin. "Looks like it. I'm pretty sure I can see Podo and Gnobby inside. I don't know what the commotion was, though."


Female Grey Elf Cleric 1/Ranger 1

edit - I seem to be missing a post that I rolled a search for.

Gnobby the Gnome wrote:

Gnobby looks back at Sallandrya.

"You are a real elf. You can shoot that bow and everything".

"To thine own race be true Gnobby," Sallandrya tells Gnobby with a slight smile. "How do you fare?"

The Elven huntress is searching the tower room for something to clean off her blade with, as well as looking for anything of interest or use for the party.

search

1d20 ⇒ 6

The Exchange

Gathering up what they can find in the tower room, the party pockets 71 cp and 38sp, while Sallandrya picks up a box the size of a large tome, which appears to be made of ivory.


Male Halfling Thief / 5

"Ohhh"! "That's a pretty box". "Do you need me to keep it safe for you"? "I'll be glad to check it out and make sure it's not dangerous if you want".


Gnome (hp=18/18) AC=6 THAC0=20 Illusionist/Thief 3/4 xp 6775/7441

"Let's see if the tower has any more secrets to reveal."
Gnobby looks to see if any secret doors or containers were missed.


Male Human Paladin 3 [HP: 30/30]

"Make your searches quick - we will need to advance on the moathouse proper, and our activities in the courtyard must surely have garnered notice." The paladin watches the doors and arrowslits for an indication that their intrusion has been detected.


Male Human Cleric of Heironeous 5, AC-1/0 Hits 45/45, xp 13,363.5/27,000

"One of our scouts can start ahead while the others finish up. The guards could be organising for all we know. I shall go to. This courtyard is a killing ground and counting coppers is foolishness."

Finishing his speech, Sir Galavaine starts back round the same way past the rubble and then crouches as he hugs the wall heading along the far side of the courtyard to the main entranceway. He goes carefully so that someone more able can catch up and go first if they wish. His lightning bolt shield is raised to cover the arrow slits opposite the rubble and the doorway itself.

Dexterity check 1d20 ⇒ 6, if needed


Female Grey Elf Cleric 1/Ranger 1
Anselth wrote:
picks up a box the size of a large tome, which appears to be made of ivory.

DM Anselth: Is there anything in the box or does it seem to have the wieght of having any contents?

Sallandrya inspects the box thoroughly but hears and takes heed of Sir Galavaine and Andre's words, motions to Gnobby and Podo, and begins to walk towards the courtyard.

If a Wisdom or spot check is needed

1d20 ⇒ 13


Gnome (hp=18/18) AC=6 THAC0=20 Illusionist/Thief 3/4 xp 6775/7441

Gnobby takes the hint and darts ahead of the loud, big cleric.


Male Halfling Thief / 5
Sir Galavaine of Verbobonc wrote:

"One of our scouts can start ahead while the others finish up. The guards could be organising for all we know. I shall go to. This courtyard is a killing ground and counting coppers is foolishness."

Finishing his speech, Sir Galavaine starts back round the same way past the rubble and then crouches as he hugs the wall heading along the far side of the courtyard to the main entranceway. He goes carefully so that someone more able can catch up and go first if they wish. His lightning bolt shield is raised to cover the arrow slits opposite the rubble and the doorway itself.

Dexterity check 1d20, if needed

Podo stands aghast staring at Sir Galavaine...his mouth hanging open in shock. "Counting...coppers...foolish???"

Firmly convinced that the man has lost his senses, Podo follows along wondering what insane nonsense he will spout next.

I'll be he didn't pay for those fancy weapons, and armor with his good looks alone.


Male Human Paladin 3 [HP: 30/30]

Andre follows suit, taking point with Sir Galavaine, angling his shield towards the arrow slits as the two men lead the way towards the moathouse's doors.


Male Human Cleric of Heironeous 5, AC-1/0 Hits 45/45, xp 13,363.5/27,000

When the group is back into a double line, Galavaine tries to hide a grin from all but Andre beside him. The gallant pair make an indomitable wall of defence.

The Exchange

DM:
random: 1d12 ⇒ 8

Sallandrya opens the box to find it empty, though the material and carvings make it obviously worth some coin. A quick but thorough search reveals no additional wealth in the tower.

As the group moves through the courtyard, they begin to take note of an almost eerie silence. Nothing seems to move in the courtyard, and the group is unable to observe any movement, either through the arrow slits, or up the stairs. The group proceeds cautiously up the stairs, into a large room, with apparently no inhabitants.

This was apparently once a great audience chamber, as shown by the tattered banners and tapestries on the walls, destroyed furniture, and heaps of rotting cloth thrown into the corners. Once richly appointed, it has been thoroughly searched, sacked, and despoiled. Leaves and dirt cover the floor, and cobwebs hang from the walls and ceiling above. Looking up, the group sees that pieces and beams and chunks of stone poke through, indicating that the upper stories have been toroughly destroyed, and are likely to be impassable to anything larger than the rat Podo notices skittering among the debris above. There are corridors to the south and west, and a door almost directly in front of the group in the northeast corner of the building.

Map is updated


Male Human Paladin 3 [HP: 30/30]

Either we're far more stealthy than I give us credit for, Andre thought, or this place is deserted save those two poor fools at the gateway. No archers at the arrow slits, no guards ready to receive us - have we truly taken them unawares?

Andre motions for silence, and ponders the three options - none of them more promising than any other. He looks to his compatriots to see if they have any preference in their first foray into the moathouse.


Male Human Cleric of Heironeous 5, AC-1/0 Hits 45/45, xp 13,363.5/27,000

"Taking a side corridor reduces the number of ways for a large group to come at us. Otherwise we may face attack from the south and west if the alarm is raised by opening that door. Of course we would be risking being trapped which doth seem a shame. Mayhaps our scouts can learn more while we wait for a few shakes of a lamb's tail?"

Sir Galavaine shakes his head and takes up position in the middle of the chamber, able to go in any direction.


Male Human Paladin 3 [HP: 30/30]

Andre nods, and falls in next to Sir Galavaine. "Right. Gnobby, Podo, check out the passages. Archers, get into position where you can cover the scouts and the door. Galavaine and I will be prepared to move where needed."


Female Grey Elf Cleric 1/Ranger 1

DM Anselth

Spoiler:
I like the look of your current map, the shadows and lighting in the main area have a cool effect, and gives the sense of an eerie vibe. Or maybe it's just an effect on my ipad lol.

"Be careful little ones."

Sallandrya will trail the smaller demi humans, and keep her sight line just above Podo and Gnobby and watch for any signals or reactions the two throw back to the party.

If a Spot check is needed to see further down the halls
1d20 ⇒ 1


Gnome (hp=18/18) AC=6 THAC0=20 Illusionist/Thief 3/4 xp 6775/7441

Gnobby moves bearing left.


Sorry guys real life kicked me upside the head there for a couple of days

Tarmin lines up beside Sallandrya, her sharp eyes probing the dark corners and corridor for any movement, arrow knocked and ready to fly.

Spot Check 1d20 ⇒ 18


Male Halfling Thief / 5

Podo moves silently ahead to scout.

1d100 ⇒ 25 (45%) Move Silently

1d100 ⇒ 100 (45%) Hide in Shadows

1d100 ⇒ 13 (15%) Hear noise

1d6 ⇒ 5 (1) Spot/Search


Male Human Cleric of Heironeous 5, AC-1/0 Hits 45/45, xp 13,363.5/27,000

If the poor light is a problem down the corridors, Sir Galavaine lights a torch. But maybe there is enough dappled light filtering through the ruined upper floor into the main hall and passages.

The Exchange

I apologize. I have been shipped out of town for work, and didn't have time to address everything I wanted to beforehand, letting you all know being one of those things. I also can't update the map for now.

The light in the interior of the building is adequate to see by, though the contrast from the daylight in the courtyard made it seem much darker than it was. Once the group lets their eyes adjust, Sir Galavaine determines that a torch is not necessary.

Podo:

You notice that the corridor opens to either side about 10 feet from the far wall. There are two doors to your right, and one opposite the farthest on your right. Up ahead, you hear a low hiss, perhaps from the open area.

Gnobby:

At the far end of the corridor, there is a door, flanked by one to either side. there's a second door adjacent to the one on the right side of the corridor.

Sallandrya:
Thanks. I must admit, I didn't create these base maps - I'm just putting the tiles on it.


Gnome (hp=18/18) AC=6 THAC0=20 Illusionist/Thief 3/4 xp 6775/7441

Gnobby gathers by the door the party seems most interested in.
So many choices.


Following Gnobby at a distance, to maintain the effectiveness of her bow, Tarmin thinks Be careful, Gnobby, I don't want to see you gnawed on again, at least if I can stop it!


Male Human Magic User / Lvl 1

DM:

Pettry: 1d20 ⇒ 14

Pettry follows Podo, over towards the hallway the halfling is exploring. "Do you hear that?" He whispers to Andre and Sallandrya, pointing down the hallway.

The Exchange

As Podo moves down the corridor, he is able to see into an empty room to his right, as the majority of the door has been bashed in. There appears to be little of interest in the room, broken furniture and an empty set of shelves are all that seem to remain.

Gnobby hears chittering and rustling that seems to be all around him, but he doesn't see much of anything within the hallway itself.

Map is updated


Gnome (hp=18/18) AC=6 THAC0=20 Illusionist/Thief 3/4 xp 6775/7441

Whispering, "I don't like that sound; sounds like bats, rats or cats."

Gnobby has a longsword and dagger out.

Gnobby keeps the search moving in an orderly way from the empty room Podo has just uncovered.


Moving along with Gnobby, Tarmin tries to determine where the noises Gnobby hears is coming from; primarily watching the dark shadows of the rafters above.

Spot 1d20 ⇒ 13

The Exchange

Gnobby, if you're leaving the northern hallway and moving down to where Podo is, I'll need a wisdom roll.


Gnome (hp=18/18) AC=6 THAC0=20 Illusionist/Thief 3/4 xp 6775/7441

Gnobby follows Tarmin's eyes up and then cautiously advances. Wisdom of 13 1d20 ⇒ 15

The Exchange

Tarmin:
You are able to localize the noise to the open door where the wall that comes down to form the corridor to the north meets the northern wall. (east and north of Gnobby on the map).

Podo:
There is something BIG moving in the room at the end of the corridor, but the shape is hard to make out.


Swiftly and silently advancing, Tarmin comes up behind Gnobby and seizes his shoulder to prevent him from advancing. Using a cupped hand over his ear she whispers to him "The sounds are coming from there." pointing to the open door way, "My bow is ready for what lays within." Glancing back at Galavaine, she motions him to move closer in support.


Male Halfling Thief / 5

Podo stops in his tracks, eyes straining into the darkness. There is something big right over there". "I'm not sure what it is...but it's big". The young halfling then points to the end of the corridor.


Male Human Cleric of Heironeous 5, AC-1/0 Hits 45/45, xp 13,363.5/27,000

As quietly as an armoured knight can be, Galavaine follows slowly allowing Tarmin to lead him closer to the doorway.

He nods to Podo.


Male Halfling Thief / 5

bump


Gnome (hp=18/18) AC=6 THAC0=20 Illusionist/Thief 3/4 xp 6775/7441

+1


+2

The Exchange

Sir Galavaine:
Inside the room, you see a number of large rats crawling over and around eachother. the chittering and squeaking is coming from them, and leaves you uneasy, especially once you see the leg bone partially hidden under the writhing mass. There is a half wall within the room, blocking a portion of the room from view.

Podo:
The form isn't moving too much from what you can see, although it appears to expand and contract somewhat in the shadows. The hissing definitely seems to be coming from that direction. S you observe, it seems to expand and stretch, becoming thinner and more elongated. Give me a wisdom roll

I need to know where exactly on the map everyone wants to be. Center chamber, southern corridor, or northwestern corridor. Podo hasn't moved, Sir Galavaine and Tarmin have moved up to look through the open door.


Female Grey Elf Cleric 4/Ranger 3 (HP 40/40, AC 2; Init +3; Perception +16, Infravison 60ft)

GM Anselth/the Fellowship of Hommlett

Spoiler:
I had to recreate my Paizo page, but since my former allias of Sallandrya Iramine Thainel of House Thalanderond used Sallandrya Iramine Thalanderond I can not post as such, and just took Sallandrya Iramine Thainel. I will cut and paste all the pertient info this week to the new page.

Do I have to do anything else for the Pbp? And I'm happy we're continuing the story.

With her bow drawn and arrow notched, Sallandrya cautiously approaches from behind her scouting partner Podo, "Perhaps you should back away very carefully my little friend."

Making sure Podo is below her fire line, Sallandrya will lose the arrow into the unknown target if any hostile movement is detected. Also I rolled a "1" on my spot check above.


Male Human Cleric of Heironeous 5, AC-1/0 Hits 45/45, xp 13,363.5/27,000
Anselth wrote:

A bad view

I need to know where exactly on the map everyone wants to be. Center chamber, southern corridor, or northwestern corridor. Podo hasn't moved, Sir Galavaine and Tarmin have moved up to look through the open door.

"Rats - lots of rats and they seem to nearly finished the leg bone of some poor unfortunate soul. Tis one shame that the door no longer can be closed, is it not Tarmin?"

The holy priest begins a count of the writhing rats. But when that proves too problematic ends with a rough guess of several.


Male Halfling Thief / 5

Podo looks up gratefully at the elven warrior woman, and takes a step back, sling in hand to see what happens.

1d20 ⇒ 11 Wisdom check


Gnome (hp=18/18) AC=6 THAC0=20 Illusionist/Thief 3/4 xp 6775/7441

Gnobby retreats to stand by Podo's side in front of the elf.
She is protected by the the little guys. Well, she can easily shoot over our heads.....I hope.


Glancing with disgust at the writhing heap of rats, Tarmin dismisses them from her mind to focus on the large figure in the other room. Moving up to stand beside Sallandrya, she knocks an arrow and takes aim, awaiting as her elven fried does for any dangerous movement.


Male Human Paladin 3 [HP: 30/30]

Andre grips his sword and shield tightly, keeping his place as rear guard and watching the double doors for any sign of movement.


Male Human Cleric of Heironeous 5, AC-1/0 Hits 45/45, xp 13,363.5/27,000

"One fight at a time. Tarmin you first. I'll guard here." Sir Galavaine puts up his shield and mace in readiness for the rats possible attack.

The Exchange

DM:

Group: 1d6 ⇒ 1
snake: 1d6 ⇒ 2
1d6 ⇒ 5

As the writing mass at the end of the hallway continues to shift, a large, angular head with flicking tongue appears around the corner, eyes fixed on the group. the mass soon reveals it to be a giant snake, and it has apparently caught the scent of prey, as it slithers forward. Salla and Tarmin hear a whisper of cloth and a low muttering behind them as Pettry moves over next to Andre.

The group won the initiative. Neither party is surprised. Map is updated

Sir Galavaine:
You note that the rats appear somewhat larger than normal, though the way they are clustered together makes you unsure how much bigger. A few seemed to take note of you, but none approach as yet.


Eyes widening at the sight of the giant repile, Tarmin immediately sends an arrow whistling through the air.

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13
1d6 ⇒ 2

Her arm and hand moving with practiced ease, another another arrow is plucked from her quiver and is knocked, pulled to her ear and let loose through the air.

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20
1d6 ⇒ 3


Female Grey Elf Cleric 4/Ranger 3 (HP 40/40, AC 2; Init +3; Perception +16, Infravison 60ft)

Sallandrya's eyes adjust to the low lighting and makes out the approaching form of the squamata and mirrors the movements of Tarmin, launching two arrows above the heads of her fellow party members.

First shot

1d20 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 + 2 = 19

1d6 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 + 2 = 9

Second shot

1d20 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 + 2 = 23

1d6 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 + 2 = 5

Sallandrya will move five feet back to give her fellow party members room to withdraw if they feel the need to get out of harms way, or if the more armored members want to close in.


Forgot my spec damage bonus again, + 2 dam to both damage rolls

The Exchange

Podo and Gnobby feel the rush of wind as four arrows fly over their heads. Tarmin's first shot hits at an awkward angle and deflects off the beast's scales and down the hall. The other three arrows fly true, fletching sprouting from the long body of the viper. It rears back, flicking its tongue at the air, then continues to move down the corridor, its eyes fixed on the halflings.

Still the party's turn

451 to 500 of 2,040 << first < prev | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The Temple of Elemental Evil All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.