Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

A Crown for the Dead

Game Master Wrath

Carrion Crown adventure path -


251 to 300 of 479 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Female Half-Elf Cleric/2

Lucem Feeling the power of light filling her takes a moment to admire her strike on the zombie and that it seemed to do more damage than the flail. Thanking Saranae, she then notices a figure slowly staggering to her, the decaying flesh stench is upon her and she realises that she has let her foe get too close. She turns and engages the decaying flesh monstrosity. I shall return you to the ground!
To hit: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
Damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8
In her haste to strike she over balances and in this instant the thought creeps in This is going to hurt.


End of Round 2
Malstrom stepped in and delivered a slashing strike at the Zombie in front of him with his long sword. The weapon strikes beautifully, felling the corpse and stopping its undead limbs from reanimating again.

Archeos followed suit, stepping into the zombie that was attacking Lecem, and moving to gain flank as much as possible. His short sword stabbed into the thing, but this time he felt a portion of his blow robbed of its power as the rotten flesh slipped over the blade and without much damage.

Lucem desperately tried to retaliate against her foe, but its unnatural stare and the smell coming from its putrescent body prevented her from getting in a good strike. If it survived thi ministrations of her campaniosn, she may well have a chunk of flesh removed by the thing. That couldn't be good.

Beginning of Round 3

Koal shouted in controlled fear as the clwed hand scuttled over her. Summoning the concentration taught to her in the acadamy, she launched another bolt of force at the undead thing, singeing some of the felsh from around the hand. Still it came on though, moving like some grotesque spider as it scuttled around her.

ok, having trouble with photobucket this morning, so will update map alter. For now, all zombies are dead except the one that moved in on Lucem. Archeos has moved to flank it, so there are still spaces for folks to move and engage the thing.

The hand attacking Koal is still very much active, and seemingly intent on getting a grip on her throat so it can choke the life from her.

Brethan and Ulric to act, then whatever is left of the undead.


Male Human (Varisian) Fighter (Unbreakable) 2

Ulric moves to attack the last most threatening undead thing taking his light with him.

move to X,7

Flail Attack 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19 Damage 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11

The attack feels fluid as he lets his natural skill dictate his swing resulting in a deep impact.


Male Human Barbarian lvl 1

Can i see, or do I know that Koal is being attacked by the hand and can I attack it??
If required
Perception 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10

If i can attack the hand without causing damage to Koal I will do that, moving to T5.

I'm not sure of the penalties etc involved in an attempt to hit the hand? If trying to hit it with my sword endangers Koal I would like to try and punch or hit the hand unarmed? I have gone with a melee hit -4 for trying to do lethal damage....it probably gets +2 to ac for its size??

Sword
Hit = 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6
Dmg= 2d6 + 6 ⇒ (4, 1) + 6 = 11

If i need to strike unarmed

to hit = 1d20 + 5 - 4 ⇒ (12) + 5 - 4 = 13
Damage = 1d3 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6


Male Human (Varisian) Fighter (Unbreakable) 2

Or just try a CMB to Grapple it Brethan


Round 3 cont...
Ulric rushed into the undead thing assaulting his new friends and smashed its skull apart with his flail. The collapsed braincase looked grotesque as the weapon crunched through, but so far it seemed to best place to actually strike these things to ensure they wouldn't get back up again.

Brethan turned and surveyed the scene, his eyes picking out details fairly easily thanks to the combined light of the torch and Ulric's sunrod. He watched in amusement as Koal seemed to dance around at some sort of spider thing, until he realised it was actually a dismembered hand trying to choke her.

He rushed in, swinging his sword in an effort to kill the thing but his endeavours to not kill his friend as well left the blow next to useless. Nothing fixes a natural 1 sorry Brethan

The hand seemed oblivious to the threat the barbarian posed, launching itself through the air again as it tried to kill the mage. The fingers of the hand clawed her face, but she managed to rip the thing from her and toss it aside with a scream before it could grab hold of her and choke.

The hand hits AC 20, dealing 2 damage. Rolled a natural 1 for the Grapple though so its on the ground at Koals feet. Can't imagine it surving this next set of actions hehe. All other undead are now defeated.

Everyone has enough move to reach and attack this thing in their next action, so go for it

Malstrom, Archeos and Lucem to act


Male Half-Elf Rogue / 2

Archeos regards the hand with an undisguised malice and stabs at it with his short sword, twisting the blade to maximize the damage dealt.

Move to flank
Atk: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24
Dmg: 1d6 + 2 + 1d6 ⇒ (1) + 2 + (6) = 9


Male Gnome Oracle

Malstrom looks around surveying the scene, making sure there are no other animated dead coming out of the mist.

Poor bastards, they could not even Rest in Peace, can't wait to get my hands on who ever did this to these poor souls!


Archeos darted in and skewered the hand on the end of his shortsword. The grasping fingers twitched there for a moment, looking more like a skewered spider or scorpion than a hand. The digits twitched and danced as the last of the necromantic magic bled from the hand and it became a piece of rotting meat once more.

As it died, the rest of the group looked around and realised they were no longer being threatened by the risen dead. However, which tomb was the one they were after was not easy to tell in this dark and fog.


Female Half Elf Wizard / 1

If combat is over, Koal will pick up a stick or such, and cast 'Light' on it. 20 foot radius, and last 10 minutes. Can recast as often as she likes.

Perception check (+5) on the likely hood on most suitable tomb:

1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6

Rockin!!


Female Half-Elf Cleric/2

Lucem nods a thanks to Ulric and takes in the decomposing body at her feet. She looks up and looks towards Koal's shrieks.
Perception for any other creatures that are out there. Lucem has low light vision too.
Perception 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24
If Lucem sees something she'll tell everyone else. If its close enough to engage with relative safety she will.
If there isn't anything else she will go to Koal's aid. Assuming she's still in U5 Lucem will move to V5 and attack.
To hit:1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
Damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8


Female Half-Elf Cleric/2

Maybe I hould hit refresh after leaving the computer for dinner before posting. Lucem will use the perception to try and determine the tomb.


Male Half-Elf Rogue / 2

Archeos regards the skewered hand with disgust, and then offers it (still impaled on his short sword) to Lucem for consideration. "Is there anything of significance you can tell us from the "remains" of our attackers? Do you know of a way we better defend our selves from these abominations?"


Female Half-Elf Cleric/2

Lucem looks at the hand and reaches for the short sword May I? With the putrified smell rising from it she doesn't really want to touch it. Looking at it impaled the way it is she gets an image of it on her face with a tail wrapped around her throat. She shivers inwardly and looks carefully at it in the light coming from the shield.
Which ever roll you need DM.
Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24
Knowledge Religion: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9
Heal check: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12
Spellcraft: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13
Geez my rolls suck, I even need new virtual dice.
Its a bit hard to tell in this light. But I'd say.... While explaing what she can discern, she hands it to anyone else who wants a gander.


Male Human (Varisian) Fighter (Unbreakable) 2

Ulric takes a look around for tracks or more heavily accessed tombs.

Perception 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16

Survival 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22


It takes a few minutes of searching with torches in the fog, but the party eventually finds the tomb mentioned in the Professors journal.

The old mausoleum was built from the same black stone that the town itself used. Great wooden doors sat heavily in hinges rusted with age. The handle of the doors were iron rings, caught in the mouths of grotesque gargoyle faces and edged with lettering to prevent the raising of the spirits. Lucem could read the words, written in the language of the churches and invoking holy wards to protect the place.

However, under her magic sight, she could find no remaining trace of the power they once held.

Ulric did a quick search of the place before the others could trod too heavily over any sign of recent activity. To his surprise, he found a few signs of recent activty. There was a small pile of loose brown powder at the base of the door, and the two hinges of that door showed signs where the metal had recently been exposed. Someone had opened this door in the last few weeks, disturbing years of rust in the pivot of the hinge. He also found a small marking etched in the stonework at the base of the door.

All three of the magic users in the group quickly identified it as a sigil used to help break wards and complex magical protections. It would seem the Professor had found his tomb afterall.

Now all they had to do was enter it, assuming it was safe to do so.

In regards the undead

Lucem couldn't tell anything of note about the skewered hand. Malstrom however recognised the walking dead as Zombies. He vaguely remembered them as being one of the easier unded to create and control. All of the group had worked out by now that slicing and slashing weapons seemed to create far more havoc in the reanimated bodies than any of their piercing and bludgeoning weapons.


Male Human (Varisian) Fighter (Unbreakable) 2

"There is evidence to suggest someone recently used this entrance. Ulric points out his findings to the others. Also there is some form of magical symbol here at the base of the door."

Finding the sigil Ulric quickly removes himself from the crypt entryway. He will leave the magic to those versed in it's potency.

Ulric is soon relieved to find out the sigil is not an active ward so entry to the crypt would not be such a dangerous task.

Ulric maintains his shield but swaps out his weapons, learning now that his longsword would waste those undead better than his flail would do.

He stands ready to open and enter the crypt on the magic users word it is safe to proceed.


Male Half-Elf Rogue / 2

Archeos eyes the doors suspicously.
"Anything worth warding magically usually has other, more mundane, defences."

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18
Looking for traps and such


Archeos proved wise to check, for sure enough, a minor trap was present on the door. It appeared designed to trap the person who triggered it rather than damage them. A clever mechanism had been built into the door that would lock the hand opening it into a stone viice, trapping the person until one of the priests came.

Now to see if Archeos was more clever than the trap maker.

disable device check please. DC is 14


Male Gnome Oracle

Malstrom wait nervously to see if Archeos can disarm the trapped doors without blowing himsself up.


Male Half-Elf Rogue / 2

"This looks fairly straight forward ... I'll have the door open in a moment."

Disable Device: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (15) + 12 = 27


Female Half-Elf Cleric/2

Lucem will have detect magic up. A quick once over the door while Archeos is disarming the trap can't hurt. Breaking into a tomb is making me paranoid.
Before we go in I'll check for any other magical wards.
After the door is disarmed and opened Lucem will check out the inside before anyone enters. Here's a perception aswell: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11 Anyone else see anything I've missed?


Female Half-Elf Cleric/2

Sorry a bit of preemptive speech there. TFIF


Archeos' nimble fingers make short work of the trap, and he slides the door open with a flourish.

Within, the tomb appears to carry the dust of ages. A group of Sarcophogi line the sides and end of the building, all of them closed with heavy stone tablets. The building itself is old, and while no windows are present, the stone work has cracked as the ground shifted and the elements took their toll.

Please don't read the spoilers below unless you make the relevent rolls

Perception DC 12

Spoiler:
The dust on the ground appears to have been disturbed recently. Most likely from the Professor's recent forray

If you made that perception then make a survival check of DC18

Spoiler:
The tracks in the dust seem to lead to the central sarcophogus at the far end of the room. From here it looks as if the lid on that grave stone may well be slightly off kilter.

A separate DC 20 perception available for everyone

Spoiler:
At the far end of the room, near the sarcophogi there, it appears as if a small pile of bones has accumulated. From this distance they appear to be vermin, bat and bird bones. It is just possible that something has made this tomb its home, and those are the remnants of ts meals.


Male Human (Varisian) Fighter (Unbreakable) 2

Perception 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14

Survival 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15


Male Half-Elf Rogue / 2

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25
Survival: 1d20 ⇒ 3


Female Half Elf Wizard / 1

Perception (+5):1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17
Survival (+2):1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12

Perception 2 (+5):1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23

"Hey all, look here, the dust on the ground appears to have been disturbed recently. And look at the far end of the room, near the sarcophogi there, it appears as if a small pile of bones has accumulated. From this distance they appear to be vermin, bat and bird bones. It is just possible that something has made this tomb its home, and those are the remnants of ts meals."

Koal will cast detect magic and check out the room, specifically the pile of bones in the corner.


Male Half-Elf Rogue / 2

That's some cool spell .... "Voice of the DM"

Please note: I'm ashamed that I didn't think of it first :)

Stealth Mode: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13


Male Gnome Oracle

1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21

1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14

2d20 + 8 ⇒ (12, 1) + 8 = 21

Yes I can see that to Koal, good pick up, we best be on our toes

do we have some sort of battle order?


Male Human (Varisian) Fighter (Unbreakable) 2

Perception 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17

Ulric only notices how appealing Koal looks in the light cast by his sunrod. After a moment he breaks the reverie and looks where she indicated.


Male Human (Varisian) Fighter (Unbreakable) 2

2d20 FTW Malstrom


Female Half-Elf Cleric/2

Survival check:1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14
Lucem looks inside room not noticing much except the darkness and a dank smell that was almost pleasing compared to the zombie stench. I swear I've got some of that zombie in my hair. I can't wait to get rid of that stench. The bones become obvious once pointed out. I can't even spot a pile of bones in a room with nothing else except tombs. Come on paranoia you should be helping me stay alive here.
Given that's its only small creatures, here's hoping that whatever lives in here isn't much larger and is actually living.
For battle order Lucem will be middle towards the back.


Male Gnome Oracle
Ulric wrote:

2d20 FTW Malstrom

Lol, nice pick up Pete, I think I put in Perception2 for the 2nd roll and it picked it up as 2d20.

Haha funny thing is the 2nd d20 rolled a 1 so I still past :)


Male Human (Varisian) Fighter (Unbreakable) 2
Malstrom Kolozsvar wrote:
Ulric wrote:

2d20 FTW Malstrom

Lol, nice pick up Pete, I think I put in Perception2 for the 2nd roll and it picked it up as 2d20.

Haha funny thing is the 2nd d20 rolled a 1 so I still past :)

Yeah, I noticed you passed as well but just thought I would mention it.


Male Human (Varisian) Fighter (Unbreakable) 2

Archeos first then Ulric is happy to tank up as is his role.


The party filed into the tomb, checking the nooks and crannies as they went. The room was thrown into stark contrast as the light from their mundane and magical illuminations came into the entrance. A small flight of stairs led them into the main sarcophagus room and now they could detect the musty odour of old bones and meat. All was quiet.

The map below states your curent disposition. Please let me know where you wish to move to and how you wish to proceed from here. The pile of bones is in the top right corner of the room.

Sarcophogi stand about 4 feet high and will cost movement to climb, but no real accrobatics checks. Their lids look very heavy (DC20 str check to shift). The plinth at the end of the room is another 4 feet high, and again counts as double for movement but doesnt require accrobatics to climb.

Could you also post a Perception check with your action.... you know, just in case :)

Map Link


Archeos - Keep your stealth roll from before, but it will purely be for moving quietly rather than visibilty since the room is brightly lit. You can sneak in behind Sarcophogi if you wish, but then you haven't looked behind those yet.


Male Human (Varisian) Fighter (Unbreakable) 2

Ulric will take the lead. He will move forward 15ft (MA) and ready and action to attack any dangerous hostile creature in melee range (SA). His Sunrod still in the shield sconce, illuminating the way.

Perception 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3


Female Half Elf Wizard / 1

Koal will move no further forward than F6 at this stage, but most certainly not first.... squishy and all.

Perception (+5): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6

She will also throw the stick she is carrying with light cast on it in the general direction of B6

Throw (+0): 1d20 ⇒ 8


Female Half-Elf Cleric/2

With scimitar drawn squishy number 2 will move up alongside Koal and check the inside of the crypt for anything that stands out with detect magic.
Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25
Anything that Lucem notices will be passed on to the group.


Male Gnome Oracle

Malstrom will move in behind Ulric to e6 and cast Guidance upon myself.

1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12

Wow all the low roll are starting happen :)(apart from Lucem)


I'll give Archeos and Brethan one more day to post then I'll NPC their action.


Male Half-Elf Rogue / 2

I'll go up and have a look at the thing in B1. Keeping stealth and looking for trap panels etc.

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24


Male Human (Varisian) Fighter (Unbreakable) 2

That map link is down?


The group spread out, moving cautiously into the crypt room to try and find what they were after. Ulric had his weapon readied, barely acknowledging the presence of Brethan as the big human moved up beside him.

Archeos cautiously moved into the room, his feet moving with barely a hint of sound as he moved to check the pile of bones at the end of the room.

The young rogue bent to probe the bone pile when he caught a glimpse slithering movement from under the nearest crypt. A crack had opened inthe floor there and some great instectoid creature was rushing from the darkness to strike him.

Lucem caught a flicker of movement too, and watched in horror as her less perceptive friends were suddenyl set upon by a creature of shining carapace and chittering legs. They were the biggest centipedes she had ever seen.

Ok, surprise round due to the centipedes sneakiness and hiding attack. Lucem and Archeos can act this surprise round. but the others can't. Ulric, I believe you can't use your readied action against an opponent you weren't aware of, but please check into it if you think that's wrong. I'll read up on it tomorrow when it's not actually close to bed time :)

Initiative groups are 1) Centipedes with an Init of 22. 2) Everyone else. The actual order isn't important as we run things on order of post. HOwever, I did roll for you and no one beat the 22 my Centipedes got with their natural 20.

Surprise round.
The centipedes struck fast, hissing partially out to strike their prey as their homes were invaded. Archeos lept back just in time, avoiding the creature striking him.

Brethan stepped away from one, but didn't see the one coming out from behind him and he felt the stinging bite of the creature as it sunk its venomous fangs into his calf muscle.

Ulric was also struck, hissing as the venom entered his body and his muscles began twitching slightly.

Centipedes struck from hiding. Brethan hit with a total of 20 to beat AC for 1 damage. Ulric hit with 18 vs AC, for 2 damage. Both have to make a DC 13 fort save or take 3 dex damage as the venome begins to affect their nervous system.

Lucem and Archeos can act for surprise round.

Press here for map


Ulric Vastagar wrote:
That map link is down?

The original link and the one I just posted in my latest update are both working. Let me know if there's a problem so I can come up with something else.

Cheers


Male Human (Varisian) Fighter (Unbreakable) 2

That makes perfect sense GM. No attack for me. Only if I saw it.

Fort Save 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19

Oh thank Desna for that save.

Ulric grimaces but suppresses a yell in shock reaction to the dangerous critter grabbing his leg.

"The time to upgrade this armor is nigh."


Female Half-Elf Cleric/2

Lucem will attack the one to her left. She'll step up to E5 and attack.
Attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11
Hit: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8
I love low level characters


Female Half Elf Wizard / 1

Koal will Force Missile the centipede at E4

1d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3


Male Human (Varisian) Fighter (Unbreakable) 2

Am I correct in thinking that the centipedes attacks already posted are their surprise actions. Hence vs FF AC. They still have their action when the initiative rounds start and then us.

251 to 300 of 479 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / A Crown for the Dead All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.