Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

A Crown for the Dead

Game Master Wrath

Carrion Crown adventure path -


201 to 250 of 479 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Ulric Vastagar wrote:
Narrator Prime wrote:

Ulric and Lucem

For a moment, Ulric thought his words had gotten through to the priest, but then his look hardened and he spoke loudly.

"Leave here, I have duties to perform!"

The words were filled with power, and despite Lucem realising there was a magical compulsion behind it, she struggled to resist the old man's command.

DC16 will save or leave his room at a quick trot. You will know you were compelled to do so. How you react is up you.

Will Save 1d20+2

So did he cast a spell or what?

yes, he cast command, augmented by the church he's in to affect multiple targets. 1st level spell.

it was a non lethal way to remove you to a safe distance from him while tries to come to grips with some inner turmoil you don't know about


Male Human (Varisian) Fighter (Unbreakable) 2

Does Ulric get a perception check. Cause if he knows the priest is casting spells at him with no good reason then that's quite a big thing and that would affect his behavior after the visit. Eg. If I can't trust him I don't need his permission.


Female Half-Elf Cleric/2

Will save 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13
Spell craft 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13
As we are leaving Lucem will follow the compulsion but call out as she leaves. Since it seems we have no choice but to leave. We came freely to aid you as Lorrimar feared that the Whispering way were in this village and his dieing wish requested that we help. You need only to ask. Remeber the light battles the darkness and if you have some darkness here already you need as much light as possible. And by the way I can tell that you know we aren't here to kill you.
Diplomacy from earlier 19.


Ulric Vastagar wrote:
Does Ulric get a perception check. Cause if he knows the priest is casting spells at him with no good reason then that's quite a big thing and that would affect his behavior after the visit. Eg. If I can't trust him I don't need his permission.

The spell is verbal only, so recognizing him as casting for Ulric is pretty hard. However, once it takes effect you are completely aware that you've been magically compelled to leave. Also, Lucem can tel you it was a spell, just not which one. She was aware of the power in the room when you first spoke to him.

I would say the erratic behaviour of both priests you have met so far would give Ulric reason to doubt the church members here. Certainly enough that he wouldn't feel overly burdoned with guilt by checking out a lead in the graveyard without permission.


Female Half Elf Wizard / 1

Sensing the youths' reluctance... interesting..

Diplomacy (+1): 15 +1 = 16

"My business is that urgent that we need disturb the Councilor today, if you think its a bad idea? Trade day is only 2 days away after-all. Perhaps if your both not to busy, you would like to show me the highlights around town instead? I can always come back another time on my own if need be."

Yada Yada Yada.. tour round town, get a feel for the place; be attentive as they regale with stories of their magnificent mundane lives; get general gossip; invite them to lunch or snacks (depending on the time of the day); flute playing hey? ask when market day is (she can't wait); and at the end of the day, tell them how great a day she had, and go home.

Narrator Prime, no need to drag this out if its not going to yield anything to the campaign. Koal doesn't really want to bring herself to the mysterious, fear-inducing councilor's attention, especially not knowing what the rogue has stolen. A visit on trade day, with the original intent, will be fine if necessary. When she can, Koal will just make her way home, and make followup plans with the group.


Male Gnome Oracle

Turning to Brethan Malstrom says, The trail ends here for me, I cannot discern which of the farms he or she or It went to. Though your tracking ability might be much better than mine??? I think if we can't follow it any further we should head back to Kendra house, via the evil writing again, just want to have another inspection.

Unless Brethan can continue to follow the trail further, I want to take another look at the Bloody A. On the way back I will cast Read Magic and Detect Magic while no town folk is around to see if there is anything I have missed magically.


Female Half-Elf Cleric/2

When we leave, are we able to take a nondirect route out of the grounds, continue talking about what happened but be looking around aswell well? Or are we compelled to leave straight away and the most direct way? If we are able to take our time I'll tell Ulric my plan and then I'll have detect magic up, and here are some rolls:
Perception:1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20
Survival:1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12
Bluff:1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13
I'm looking for anything that I can tell is unusual or may be of note if we have to revisit at a later time.


Male Human Barbarian lvl 1

"Yes i can try" says Brethan. Have been feeling a bit dazed since that evil blood (by that i mean working ten shifts straight)
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14 for survival


All

After a day of trying to investigate the town and make some headway into the investigation, the small band regrouped at Kendra's house.

They had mixed success in their endeavours, but by the end of the day a few different pieces of information had come to bear.

1) Archeos stole a number of relevent documents to Harrowstone, plus one or two ledgers that may prove fruitful if given the right kind of perusal (in this case a knowledge local or appraise check after a days reading the legers and matching dates etc.)

2) Someone created a blood smeared letter A on the statue of the Prison Warden in the town square. It definitely had some form of magical effect embedded within it, most likley ritualistic by nature. Malstrom could detect a faint trace of Necromancy in the air. A faded trace of magic used in the past few hours. Tracks from the area led towards the local farms

3) The local priests were acting strangely, and in some cases rather hostile. In fact most people in the place were acting very paranoid, moreso than would normally be expected in this place.

4) Koal found out that a local animal had died horribly recently, seemingly sucked dry by some strange disease. She also found the local lads had a thing for foreign girls. Better wathc yourselves out there if you're not planning on any romantic trysts.

Some answers to other Questions.

Lucem and Ullric
The spell on you only compels you to flee for one round. After that you can act normally. However it is very obvious you are not welcome at this time. I have made an assumption that you took that hint and left.

If you wanted to hang around and try again you can, but the reaction will still be cold shoulder/semi hostile.

Lucem doesn't detect anything unusal through her sight or perusal. Just priests going about thier business, though casting suspicious looks their way. The ground itself seems to be hallowed and filled with protective wards though. She suspects they're linked to wardnings against evil and risen spirits, as most churches have these built in.

Koal

You don't learn anything more specifically useful from these two, but for the next knowledge local test asked, you can roll as if it was a class skill with a +2 bonus. Also, they weren't scared to see the councilor, it's just neither one wanted to leave you alone with other in case you began to favour him instead. A wierd jealousy thing really.

I think other stuff is covered above.


Male Half-Elf Rogue / 2

Appraise: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16

I don't have knowledge local .... so I'm no use there :)


Male Human Barbarian lvl 1

Kendra do you know any reason why the town is affected in this way?.

Brethan wonders to himself "Maybe if we go kill something or someone we'll all feel a little better"

What would have done that to a pig?

knowledge nature check
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15
Perception
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11

Can someone bless my sword for battle against undead, vampyre, and ghouls? says Brethan to the group.


Male Gnome Oracle

Well looks our thing that wrote the Necromantic letter A is also hiding out/living at or somewhere near your new boyfriends farm. Do you which is their farm exactly?

Malstrom is also happy to help go through the ledgers and other documents when we have the time. (Knowledge Local = d20+7 = 8+7 = 15)


Male Human (Varisian) Fighter (Unbreakable) 2

Ulric to Lucem after the high priests rebuff.

"This is all very odd do you not think Lucem. This place is on edge terribly so that anyone new is treated thus. I feel for now and perhaps sometime we will be outsiders so will need to work from the outside on resolving this. I know we didn't get what we wanted just now but I got all I needed to proceed with the rest of the parties plan to retrieve those helpful items we learned of. I say we don't tarry here for as much as I am spurned by the priests suspicions and hostility I do not care to make an enemy of him. Let us return to Kendra's as hope the others have had better luck."


Male Human (Varisian) Fighter (Unbreakable) 2

Ulric assisting to read over the documents also.

Appraise 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12
Knowledge: Local 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10


Male Human (Varisian) Fighter (Unbreakable) 2

Ulric speaking with the party at Kendra's.

"My you have all fared much better than Lucem and I did. I must congratulate you."

Ulric will repeat his post to Lucem above to the others so they know where they stand with the priests.

"I would have to agree with Brethan, I am in sore need of loosening my sword arm. I dare not let it rest overly long. What ever you all decide, I am happy to proceed."


Female Half Elf Wizard / 1

"So, do we assume the entire town is in league with the whispering way, and kill them all; let the gods sort them out? This town is annoying me greatly" said Koal, rubbing her temples and brow.

Koal will help peruse the documents:

Intelligence Check (+4): 16 +4 = 20

Disregarding Malstrom's comment regarding her boyfriends Koal, will check a map and see if their farm is close to either the crypt or burn out prison etc.


Kendra looks shocked at Koal's words.

"This is my home! These people are normally friendly and caring, but lately there's been some tension in the place. It was part of why my father was exploring the ruins. How dare you speak of killing them all!"

As she was talking, her spark of anger seemed to be building again. The boys in the room smiled a little as they watched the two women go at each other.

After spending an entire day asking questions, sneaking about and researching stuff, they were'nt really up to spending the night going through journals as well. As such they didn't find out much more of interest in the journals. Koal did stumble across a tidit of promising information.A journal note mentioned the receipt of money for transfer of notorious criminals. There were five separate totals of cash, each of them quite large. It seemed that at least 5 of the most dangerous criminals in the land had been housed in Harrowstone at the time of the fire at least. They had a date now too, that might aid them in future searching.


If you guys want some action, who's up for heading into the graveyard this night to check out that tomb? It will have to be night time if you don't want to risk being spotted.


Male Human (Varisian) Fighter (Unbreakable) 2

Hell's yeah Ulric is down with that!


Female Half Elf Wizard / 1

Personal note to self, Kendra has no sense of humour.

A night time trip to the grave yard sounds like a superb idea


Male Gnome Oracle
Quote:

So, do we assume the entire town is in league with the whispering way, and kill them all; let the gods sort them out? This town is annoying me greatly" said Koal, rubbing her temples and brow.

Malstrom says to Angradd, wow I am glad we did not say what we were thinking, if Kendra got that mad at Koal imagine how mad she would have got at us.

Angradd replies, since they are just about at each others throats, should we suggest a mud ring and bikinis???

Malstrom says NO!

A trip to the Crypt seems like a good next step


It was well into the night when the group decided to head into the Deadlands. They really dind't want to risk being spotted at this task. Given how annoyingly Paranoid the township was already, seeing them ransacking a tomb wasn't going to go down well with the locals.

Once again a heavy mist seemed to seep up from the ground at the graveyard. Visibility was down to 30 feet, something that helped them in their illicit activities.

The gates to the Deadlands were locked at night, with a high metal fence running the entire perimeter. It was as much to keep the dead in as it was to keep things out. Unfortunately, the lock wasn't up to Archeos' particular skills. The Half Elven rogue took some time but eventually popped the lock open and waved his new companions through.

Following the pathways through the eery night, they came to another set of iron gates and stone wall. They had arrived at the Cryptyards, an older part of the Deadlands that had been the original graveyard for the town. As they prepared to enter, the sound of something moving in the mist came their way. Apparently they weren't the only things out here this night.

Posted a link to a map for you. It has co-ordinates, so use those to help let me know where you move to. This system of play actually works best if you also post an in character action rather than just a dry "I move to D13 and hit for 6 damage". Let your creative side out and get into character a little for combat.

Also, if you use the preview pane when using the websites dice function, you'll know the results of an attack before submitting a full post. This means you can add some flavour text to attacks that you think hit or miss as well as the dice rolls. Try it out and see how you go.

Map link below

Press here to go to map


Male Human (Varisian) Fighter (Unbreakable) 2

Ulric says to the party on the way to the crypts, "I am more than happy to participate in this venture but wish to ask each of you to please respect the religious significance of this place and not intentionally desecrate anything. I am sure however that everyone is on the same page and are hoping to leave as small a footprint on the place as possible."

Initiative 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21

Perception 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17


Male Human Barbarian lvl 1

I will have lit something to make sure I can see. I have sword out and ready. Some holy blessing on it would be good...
"Lets clear this place out and then search for what we need"says Brethan to teh group

Init - 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16

perception - 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25

Attack - 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9
Damage - 2d6 + 6 ⇒ (5, 3) + 6 = 14

Brethan moves into the graveyard and a little to the left staying on the pathway that is bairly discernable underfoot. "I think we should stick together for the time being. I think I may have to warm up my chopping arm"


Male Half-Elf Rogue / 2

Int: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8

Stealth: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15

"If only that oaf had brought a more subtle light source with him - at least it will make him the main target" Archeos thinks to himself. With his elven eyesight allowing him to see clearly Archeos looks around, and seeing no immediate threats, slinks away from Brethon. Once in the comfortable embrace of the shadows Archeos moves quietly and leaves the main path. He draws his short sword from beneath his cloak and prepares for a target to present itself.

Stealth over to X7 (or a bit further to get out of the "bright" light radius of the light source. I'm going to wait for one of the other party members to engage a target and then move to flank


Male Gnome Oracle

Malstrom will draw his sword and Cast Protection from Evil on himself.

Init: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9
Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18

sry have not been using the dice roller, have been just rolling dice from the old dice bag


Malstrom Kolozsvar wrote:

Malstrom will draw his sword and Cast Protection from Evil on himself.

Init: d20+2
Perception: d20+8

sry have not been using the dice roller, have been just rolling dice from the old dice bag

You can use your own dice if you want. I don't mind which method is used to be honest. I only posted the info above for the guys using the boards for the first time.


Female Half-Elf Cleric/2

A flaming torch held high in a cemetary on a foggy night. Just like how all the ghost stories start. I might keep my distance from that flame.
Initiative 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7
Perception 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9
Lucem will cast detect magic and have sword drawn.


The three more martial members of the party moved deeper into the haxy night, searching for signs of the movement they had heard. Almost immediately, slow moveing and twisted figures apeared on teh edge of their vision. At first they looked to be confused locals, their heads turning slightly in confusion at the torch held in the big Barbarians hand. But then Archeos noticed the milky white eyes and the rotteing green flesh that had putrifiedin the earth.

AS the cretures moved forwards, small groans erupted from throats destroyed by decay and rigor mortis of death that tore the muscles in the neck and throat. The creatures raised hands whose nails had grown in death, even as the corspe flesh crept back from the cuticles and blackened in necrosis.

Two of the creatures were on them even as they prepared for combat, but their shuffling gate left them unable to to do more than reach in hunger at the living flesh the things so desired.

DC 11 Knowledge religion test to know what they are. Initiatives are as follows. Group 1 = Ulric, Brethan and Koal (whom I rolled for). Group 2 = The enemy. Group 3 = Lucem, Malstrom and Archeos.

The best way to run this is if the guys in group 1 post their actions. Order of post in that group is order they act in combat.

I'll then update their actions and my guys. After that group 3 are free to post.

However, given that some folk are slow at posting or checking in, this may not work for our group. If this is too slow, then we move to post actions and I'll put them into play based upon your intitiatives. ACtions may need to change if this happens based on other conditions.

Also, Archeos gets an AoO against the opponent in combat with Ulric as it moved past him without Archeos being spotted. These creatures are subject to Criticals and Sneak attack damage.

Press here for map link


Female Half Elf Wizard / 1

Force Missile (7/day) (Sp)

1d4 +1

No Mercy!!


Male Human Barbarian lvl 1

I want to attack the undead thing in front of me, i mean beside me as per the map. I entered some roles earlier. If they don't apply then I attack again
Hit - 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23
Damage2d6 + 6 ⇒ (6, 2) + 6 = 14


Male Human (Varisian) Fighter (Unbreakable) 2

Ulric with Flail and Shield already equipped as part of his combat preparation will immediately attack the undead creature. He turns to the nearest undead and attacks.

"We must end these Abominations."

Flail attack 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18 Damage 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11

The flail buries heavily in the head of the rancid shambling creature, the bone shattering audibly under the spiked ball.


Male Half-Elf Rogue / 2

As the abomination moves past Archeos strikes with his short sword ... Aiming for an area he guesses would be vulnerable.

AoO: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13
Dmg: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8 + 1d6 ⇒ 5


1d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4Koals missile attack

Koal reacted rapidly to the approaching danger. As the shambling undead looking thing closed with Brethan, it just barely came into view for her in the thick fog. Summoning her arcane power, the young wizardess launched a missile of pure force at the thing, sizzling into its putrid flesh but barely slowing it.

The big Barbarian held nothing back from his attack. Throwing the torch to the ground, he heaved his two handed sword in a sweeping arc that split the undead human before him down the head and torso. It fell sidewards, blackend blood and rotten brains spraying in a wide arc from the force of the blow, but no longer moving.

Ulric swung his flail heavily, crunching into the bone of the shambling corspe creature. The weapon's blow was solid and rocked the creature, almost felling it, but to the fighters horror the normally lethal wound hadn't stopped his foe. He braced, ready to defend himself agains the grasping claws and filthy mouth of this thing, when the sharp end of a shortswords blade punched out through its brain case. Archeos had slipped in behind it from the murky fog, surprising even Ulric with his presence. The blade of the small thief had finished the thing, and just in time too.

From the darkening shadows, the forms of more undead could be seen shambling out of the fog.

To make things worse, Brethan's torch began to gutter and flicker as it lay on the wet ground, and the foggy night became more dark and forboding.

The torch as dropped to half strength, shedding light only in a ten foot radius. Low light gives 20 feet. Given the foggy conditions however, the torch doesn't cast shadowy light more than an extr five from this. Anyone outside the 15 radius of the torch in th map is considered to be in pitch darkness. This radius is doubled for low light vision.

Press here for map

Yellow zone is normal visible range of the torch at the moment, though the outer 5 feet is shadowy. I leave to the low light folk to work out their range, though next time I update I think I can sort something for you as well.

Group 3 to act. Archeos gets his normal action now. Also Lucem and Malstrom. Remember you can hear combat, groans and yells of shock, but you may not be able to see anything, Take this into consideration when posting please.


Male Gnome Oracle

Malstrom will move to U,7
Malstrom watches the 2 fighter cleave through the first 2 creatures. Looking around to decide what will most help the group, Malstrom moves in to plug the gap between Ulric and Brethan. He will ready an attack for anything to move within reach.

Knowledge Religion 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12


Male Human (Varisian) Fighter (Unbreakable) 2

Ulric will always have his Shield Sconce equipped in times of low-light/darkness unless otherwise stated. Chris and I discussed this during character concepts and it was mentioned there.


[ooc]Thanks for the heads up Ulric. Didn't realise that was in play as I'd forgotten that particular conversation. I only saw that Brethan was carrying a torch. I'll repost a map tomorrow that shows you as a glowing beacon of sun rod goodness.[ooc]

I'll most likely need a reminder in future too. My memory for those details tends to slip a bit in pbp. Cheers.


Male Human Barbarian lvl 1

I stay with the light. I believe that these undead will come to us as they want to eat our brains....brains....
'Maybe it is an old northerner superstition or maybe it really does happen like that. I hope to find out.'
I want to attack the one that has obviously moved up to me.

Att - 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18
Damage - 2d6 + 6 ⇒ (3, 5) + 6 = 14

p.s sorry i posted my stuff now....I know i should wait, but have a busy few days ahead and guessed that you will all catch up/overtake me.


Male Human (Varisian) Fighter (Unbreakable) 2
Narrator Prime wrote:

Thanks for the heads up Ulric. Didn't realise that was in play as I'd forgotten that particular conversation. I only saw that Brethan was carrying a torch. I'll repost a map tomorrow that shows you as a glowing beacon of sun rod goodness.[ooc]

I'll most likely need a reminder in future too. My memory for those details tends to slip a bit in pbp. Cheers.

[ooc]Sure thing. Furthermore on the subject, Ulric will do his best when ever possible to restock his sunrods.


Male Human Barbarian lvl 1

yes and as a result of those discussions i generally fight in close enough contact with Ulric to be able to use his beacon in lowlight/darkness (he is my Bell Rock Tower), whether i have a lit torch or not, since I have to dump it to swing. Will be interesting in dungies/tight corridors/decisions to split the party etc. Adds a bit of flavour.


Male Half-Elf Rogue / 2

Archeos will move to V9 (avoiding the AoO) to flank and strike 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5 for 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4 + 1d6 ⇒ 4


Female Half-Elf Cleric/2

Keen to wet her blade and rid this world of these abomination, Lucem mutters a small prayer to Saranae and heads in to the fray. She steps up to W7 with her scimitar drawn.
To hit: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14
Damage:1d6 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8
As she gets a closer look at the zombies she gets a flashback of recognition.
Knowledge Religion 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9
It must have just been a picture in a book that looked familiar.


Been a really big couple of days and havent the energy to update tonight. Will do so tomorrow.

Ulric and Koal, you can both post, I'll adjust actions if needed or let you repost if your actions become redundant.

Also Koal, make a Perception please.


Female Half Elf Wizard / 1

Perception (+5): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12

Koal will cast protection from evil on herself and move forward to U5'ish


Male Human (Varisian) Fighter (Unbreakable) 2

Ulric measures each creature as they are revealed by the light. He attacks with his flail at any more of the undead before him.

"Pharasma condemns you."

flail 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20 damage 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6


Malstrom moves into the gap between his bulkier friends, hoping to prevent any of the undead beasts coming in. He recognised them as zombies, simple animated dead that only truly posed a threat in great numbers. They were unintelligent, but traditionally hard to kill with anything that couldn't slice flesh easily (DR5/slashing)

Lucem moved in closer to support Ulric, swinging her Scimitar with a parayer to her godess as she did so. The weapon struck true, slicing a deep gash in the rotting flesh of the corpse. This one was once a woman, only dead a few months by the looks of her state of decomposition. The blow was solid, but not enough to kill the awful thing.

Ulric followed her attack with a sickening crunch from his flail. The creature was easy enough to hit, but everyone who saw the weapon land saw the flesh absorb much of its force. The soft and yielding flesh merely sucked at the head of the weapon as it struck, then sprang back in a gooey mass as the warrior drew his weapon back for antoher shot.

Archeos had moved into a flanking postion by this time. As he did so, he barely caught sight of another of the undead rising out of its grave and moving in towards the beacon of light and warm flesh. Momentarily distracted, the rogue failed to land his blow and cursed his luck as the creature before him struck back at Ulric.

Zombie attacks Ulric with a 16 to hit, If that beats your AC, then 6 damage from its slam attack

Koal in the meantime cast a protective ward over herself and stepped closer to her friends, casting a nervous glance around at some half perceived movement. She turned, but not fast enough to prevent the scuttling form of a disembodied hand from launching itself at her throat. The smell was awful as the cadaverous fingers desperately sought to gain purchase on the mages throat.

Crawling hand hits AC 14. If that manages to hit you Koal, you take 2 damage. Additionally, it tries a grapple of 14 against your CMD. If that succeeds, it begins to choke you next round

Brethan, oblivious to his mage friends plight, roars in glee as he again swings his massive weapon. The heavy blade struck the zombie cleanly, and momentum did the rest. The creature fell in two halves at his feet, and whatever unholy magic had animated the thing failed to keep hold. It twitched a few moments then again lay restful in death.

Ok, another one down from Brethan. Ulric's is very badly damaged, but still up and trying to eat his brains. A zombie emerges from the mist to engage Lucem after her move. Best till last. Koal has been attacked by some form of animated hand (ala Evil Dead 2)

Group 3 to act (Lucem, Archeos and Malstrom)

Press here for map


Male Gnome Oracle

Malstrom brings his Long Sword to bare and slashes in a downward arc upon the the Zombie.

1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16
1d6 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8


Female Half Elf Wizard / 1

Koal's AC is 15 with her mage armour up, and if she got protection from evil off in time, it is 17.

She will forcebolt the hand next round.

1d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2


Female Half Elf Wizard / 1

Dope!

Casting Defensively, Spellcraft Check:

1d20 + 16 ⇒ (17) + 16 = 33


Male Half-Elf Rogue / 2

Archeos lashes out with his short sword again.
1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 4 + 2 = 20
1d6 + 2 + 1d6 ⇒ (6) + 2 + (6) = 14

"What are these things and what force drives them?"

Archeos is disturbed by this unatural enemy.

201 to 250 of 479 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / A Crown for the Dead All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.