Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

A Crown for the Dead

Game Master Wrath

Carrion Crown adventure path -


101 to 150 of 479 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Male Gnome Oracle

Malstrom sways backwards easily avoiding the drunkards blow, he then steps in to take the opening his opponent has left.

AoO since he is attacking me unarmed.

d20+1 (4+1-4)= 15+1 = 16 Dam d6+3 = 3+3 = 6 non leathal damage.

With the advantage taken Malstrom continues to attack

d20+0 = 6+0 = 6 Dam d6+3 = 6+3 = 9 non leathal damage.


Male Human Barbarian lvl 1

I'll smash at my opponent with my sword. To hit then damage
1d20 + 5 - 4 ⇒ (20) + 5 - 4 = 212d6 + 6 ⇒ (6, 5) + 6 = 17 non lethal.
possible crit 1d20 + 5 - 4 ⇒ (14) + 5 - 4 = 15


Male Human Barbarian lvl 1

Brethan feels powerful and thinks "that blow should teach him a lesson. To attack us during a funeral. I spit on them'.

'hahaha ahhh lets battle. I will crush you all"

At this point Brethan looks a little worked up, angry, a white froth appearing at the corners of his mouth. "I hope this ends before I turn the edge of my sword on them" thinks Brethan.


Male Human (Varisian) Fighter (Unbreakable) 2

Awesome kick off Chris. Critical to kick things off.


Male Human (Varisian) Fighter (Unbreakable) 2

"Two on one aye, now that gives me permission to draw your blood. My turn."

Internal Monologue:
Hmmm, shield or sword? Both! Better protection and I am ready to hurt the fools.

Ulric readies his shield and draws his sword and will attack in the third round.

Ready shield (MoveA with BAB+1), Draw sword (StandardA spent as MA)


Female Half Elf Wizard / 1

so can we kill people here? magick is cool, ya?


Koal wrote:
so can we kill people here? magick is cool, ya?

You can choose to do lethal damage if you want Koal, however the people attacking you are going for non lethal. Archeos stabbed one guy already though. Your call.


Female Half Elf Wizard / 1

koal will just watch the fight unfold and re-evaluate if things turn nasty.
If anyone attacks her she will cast daze (DC 14 Will negates) and move away, if the fight is still in a 'passive' stage.
If the fight is to the death, she will start casting Force Missile (7/day)(Sp) (as per magic missile 1d4+1)


The scene turned ugly almost immediately. As the drunks closed in, Archeos pulled out his dagger and sunk it deep into the side of a young fisherman that had tried to club him with a billy. The man's eyes widened in shock then he fell to the ground clutching at the bleeding wound in his stomach. With in moments he was screaming for his mother as the life bled profusely from his body with every beat of his heart.

Malstrom easily avoided the blow of the larger man in front of him, before driving the flat of his weapon up and between his legs. The man screamed in agony, then dropped to the ground and rolled around clutching his groin in pain. He was out of the fight, by the looks of things, he wasn't going anywhere for an hor or two actually.

Brethan stepped back and swung his two handed sword like a man swatting melons in one of the boyhood games his tribe usedto engage in. The timing was perfect, with the farmhand engaging him stepping into to full momentum of teh swing. There was a sickening thwak as the flat of the blade connected, and teh farm hand spun a full circle before spiralling bonlessly to the ground. He lay there, a strange smile across his faces as blood and smashed teeth dribbled from his mouth.

Koal, who had gone to so much trouble trying to persuade the simpletons to leave them be, merely raised her hand and waved it front of the man attacking her "This is not the coffin you are looking for.." she muttered. The farmer stood there looking at her confusedly, wondering what in the nine hells she was talking about, but definitely not engaging her. He blinked a few times before muttering "this is not the coffin we're looking for..."

Lucem sighed and muttered a brief prayer to her goddess. The young man in front of her, no more than a teenager really, suddenly had a vision of what a vengeful goddess Sarenrare could be. His eyes widened and he turned from her, running from the area and screaming as he waved desperately at his head. Lucem imagined he thought he was being chased by some form of firey angel and smiled quietly to herself.

In the front of them, a loud bang erupted from Kendra's hands and the man who had engaged hr fell to the ground twitching and frothing. He wasn't harmed permanently as far as anyone could tell, but no one was quite sure what she'd done.

That was enough for the rest of them though. Within seconds of rushing this disparate group of strangers, over half their number had been brought to the ground or fled in desparate fear. The voice of the man who had led the group called from the misty shadows where he had stayed during the encounter. "Get out lads, they're too powerful fer us. Pharasma take em all". With that he turned and fled and so did the rest of them.

Ulric, you can AoO one of your guys if you wish. Battle is done (very fast), but you have a few of them lying at your feet. One of them is bleeding to death. Over to you


Male Human Barbarian lvl 1

Brethan will look them over and see if any are really in danger of dying. The one bleeding I will say to the group "Can someone get him stabilised and we'll send him home".

Brethan thinks to himself:
If no-one can heal him/stabilise him I will consider getting him back into town to be healed.
I don't think he should die just because he was a little misguided and hot headed.

If he can be healed, i will go back to the task of burying the coffin


Female Half-Elf Cleric/2

Lucent steps up and kneels beside the boy. you stupid boy, get some booze in you and you're man enough to take on anyone. I bet that fool leading you will say we're the barbarians.We just want to pay our respects to our friend.She tends to the wounds 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23 figuring use of magic might scare the rest of the crap out of him. probably won't be ale to post till sun night. Snuck this one in on some down time on the mobile, so slow. Cheers for the NPC.


Male Human (Varisian) Fighter (Unbreakable) 2

Ulric needs not retaliate. He is happy that his preparing of arms was enough to help push them off.


Male Gnome Oracle

Looking over Lucem's shoulder watching her stop the flow of blood and save the mans life, Malstrom nods approvingly.

With a hand placed on his own chest Malstrom says, Yes Kols I will Malstrom says a small pray, bends down and touches the boy of the forhead. He then moves on to make sure everyone else, drunks and companions, are all OK.

Malstrom cast cure light wounds on the boy, d8+1=5+1=6hp


The boy is first stabilised by Lucem's caring hands, then healed further as Malstrom channels healing into him from his divine sources. The halfling's words seem to be confusing at first, a stream of babble that eventually resolves into the common tongue.

With the drunken men driven from the area, the funeral procession can proceed unhindered. The other attendees are visibly shaken, and Kendra seemed to seethe with rage that her father's respectful burial had been so desecrated.

They picked up the coffin, leaving the unconcious and writhing injured to tend to themselves. Finally, the procession reached the prepared burial site and were greeted by an ancient looking priest dressed in the dark clothing of Lady Pharasma. This was father Grimbol, the local cleric. He frowned deeply when Kendra told him of the interruption to the ceremony, before urging them to hurry and place the Professor in his alotted place of rest.

The ceremony was simple, with the father saying the usual rites, and pressing for Pharasma's quick judgement so the soul could move on to its future in whatever paradise awaited it. He called for others to say words of praise with which to send this man onwards. A few of the locals attending stated how each of them had been helped in soe way by the Professor, and each of them spoke of what an enlightened man he had been in this place of darkness and supersticion. Eventually, the talking was done and Kendra shovelled the first load of dirt onto the coffin. Each person in turn took the shovel and lifted the earthy loam onto the plain wooden box below, signifying an end to their mortal relation with the man and allowing his soul to move in peace to Pharasma's line of judgement. Professor Lorrimar was dead and buried.

I'm going to post a few different updates today. Lot's of talking and info sharing, most of which doesn't need you to insert dialogue. Feel free to post snippets if you wish, but this is mostly to get the plot moving and your role in things moving along. You can start with inserting any parting words you would say at the funeral if you wanted, but not compulsory


Male Gnome Oracle

cool finally get to the will and the phat loot we are all going to get. Sweeeeet :) And of course after the epic battle we will be lvl 2, uber pownage here we come. No????


With the funeral over, the group retired to the estate of Kendra Lorrimar. She was now the soul owner of the eastate and other assets of her father, apart from whatever was contained within his will.

Father Grimburrow accomanied the group to her house. He was there to act as both a source of comfort to those who needed it, and as the intermediary for the will that her father had written not long ago.

He was ancient for a human, well and truly into his eighties. His face was a mask of wrinkles and bone, with his gummy mouth pushed in as his bony chin poked out like some craggy mountain. Whisps of grey hair held tenuously to his parchment thin scalp. For all his age, the old priest moved spritely enough, and he showed no signs of dotage. His mind was whip sharp, and his eyes still gleamed with a strength of life and passion for his religion.

"Right then" he stated into the quiet lounge room "Let's have a look at what the old rogue wrote in his last words eh!". Father Grimbol and the Professor had been good friends too it seemed, and rather than taking his words as insult, Kendra seemed to smile at the affectionate way in which the priest spoke.

The cleric reached into a heavy wooden chest and drew forth a bundke iof documents and jouranls. He carefully unclasped the bindings and opened the parchment out onto the table so all could read it. The group leaned forwards....


The excerp below is cut and pasted directly from the text in the module. Spoilered for space

The Professors Will

Spoiler:

“I, Petros Lorrimor, being of sound mind, do hereby commit to this
parchment my last will and testament. Let it be known that, with
the exception of the specific details below, I leave my home and
personal belongings entire to my daughter Kendra. Use them or
sell them as you see fit, my child.

“Yet beyond the bequeathing of my personal effects, this
document must serve other needs. I have arranged for the reading
of this document to be delayed until all principals can be in
attendance, for I have more than mere inheritance to apportion. I
have two final favors to ask.

“To my old friends, I hate to impose upon you all, but there are
few others who are capable of appreciating the true significance of
what it is I have to ask. As some of you know, I have devoted many
of my studies to all manner of evil, that I might know the enemy and
inform those better positioned to stand against it. For knowledge
of one’s enemy is the surest path to victory over its plans.

“And so, over the course of my lifetime, I have seen fit to acquire
a significant collection of valuable but dangerous tomes, any one
of which in the wrong circumstances could have led to an awkward
legal situation. While the majority of these tomes remain safe under
lock and key at the Lepidstadt University, I fear that a few I have
borrowed remain in a trunk in my Ravengro home. While invaluable
for my work in life, in death, I would prefer not to burden my
daughter with the darker side of my profession, or worse still, the
danger of possessing these tomes herself. As such, I am entrusting
my chest of tomes to you, posthumously. I ask that you please deliver
the collection to my colleagues at the University of Lepidstadt, who
will put them to good use for the betterment of the cause.

“Yet before you leave for Lepidstadt, there is the matter of
another favor—please delay your journey one month and spend
that period of time here in Ravengro to ensure that my daughter is
safe and sound. She has no one to count on now that I am gone,
and if you would aid her in setting things in order for whatever she
desires over the course of this month, you would have my eternal
gratitude. From my savings, I have also willed to each of you a sum
of one hundred platinum coins. For safekeeping, I have left these
funds with Embreth Daramid, one of my most trusted friends in
Lepidstadt—she has been instructed to issue this payment upon
the safe delivery of the borrowed tomes no sooner than one month
after the date of the reading of this will.

“I, Petros Lorrimor, hereby sign this will in Ravengro on this
first day of Calistril, in the year current.”

Inside the chest, a number of heavy and bound tomes can be seen, along with a more slim book that looks to be the professors journal.


Female Half Elf Wizard / 1

how long is the journey to Lepidstadt?


A few days, but you have been told to remain in this town for at least a month first to ensure his daughter is safe and sound

As a summary - Stay in town one month to establish his daughter is safe, and maybe find out if his death wasn't the accident it is believed to be

After one month, return the books to Lepistadt and collect an inheritance of 100 platinum each (1000gold, or close to 10 years work for most of you)

I'll do an update a little later with excerps from teh journal that has may give some ideas on what you can do.


The professor's journal has the words "Read me now" scratched hastily into the leather surface. Kendra looks eagerly at the book, never having had a chance to read her father's journal before.

Within, the words are spidery and rushed, speaking of a man whos mind was constantly busy and hurried to get his thoughts on paper. Very quickly the group discover that a number of entries have been circled in bold red ink.

The circled journal entries. Spoilered for space.

Spoiler:

Ten Years Ago:
The Whispering Way is more than just a cabal of necromancers. I see that now. Undeath is their fountain of youth. Uncovering their motivation does not place me at ease as I thought it might.
Their desire to be eternal simply makes them more dangerous.

Two Months Ago:
It is as I had feared. The Way is interested in something here in Ravengro. But what could it be?

One Month Ago:
Whatever the Way seeks, I am now convinced their goal is connected to Harrowstone. In retrospect,I suppose it all makes sense—the stories they tell about the ruins in town are certainly chilling enough. It may be time to investigate the ruins, but with everyone in town already being so worked up about them, I’d rather not let the others know about my curiosity—there’s plenty of folks hereabouts who already think I’m a demonologist or a witch or something. Ignorant fools.

Twenty Days Ago:
It is confirmed. The Way seems quite interested in something—no, strike that—someone who was held in Harrowstone. But who, specifically, is the Way after? I need a list of everyone who died the night of the fire. Everyone. The Temple of Pharasma must have such a list.

Eighteen Days Ago:
I see now just how ill prepared I was when I last set out for the Harrowstone. I am lucky to have returned at all. The ghosts, if indeed they were ghosts (for I did not find it prudent to investigate further) prevented me from transcribing the strange symbols I found etched along the foundation—hopefully on my next visit I will be more prepared. Thankfully, the necessary tools to defend against spirits are already here in Ravengro. I know that the church of Pharasma used to
store them in a false crypt in the Restlands at the intersection between Eversleep and the Black Path. I am not certain if the current clergy even know of what their predecessors have hidden down
below. If my luck holds, I should be able to slip in and out with a few borrowed items.

Seventeen Days Ago:
Tomorrow evening I return to the prison. It is imperative the Way does not finish. My caution has already cost me too much time. I am not sure what will happen if I am too late, but if my theory is right, the entire town could be at risk. I don’t have time to update my will, so I’ll leave this in the chest where it’ll be sure to be found, should the worst come to pass


Male Human (Varisian) Fighter (Unbreakable) 2

Being a local, do I know much of this Harrowstone?

Ulric, at the last will and testament of the professor effectively accepts this as a solemn law bound mission.

At the developments of the possible undead stirring near Ravengro, Ulric not only accepts the professors terms but does so with every intention of destroy this 'Whispering Way'. As a devout follower of Pharasma, Ulric hates undead and those seeking undeath are right up on his list. As far as he is concerned, by Pharasma's edicts, he is in lawful rights to judge anyone consorting with any organisation or cult seeking undeath power.


Male Human Barbarian lvl 1

Brethan says "Lets adventure. Kendra do you know if your father has found anything or brought anything new home about 17 days ago. That is has he got the thing he talks about from the false crypt in the Restlands?"

Lets check it out


Male Human (Varisian) Fighter (Unbreakable) 2

Knowledge:(local) 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9


Despite his local upbringing, Ulric hasn't heard much about Ravengro's old ruins. It was once a prison, but that's about it.


Female Half Elf Wizard / 1

Step 1. Protection from Ghosts: the necessary tools to defend against spirits are already here in Ravengro. I know that the church of Pharasma used to store them in a false crypt in the Restlands at the intersection between Eversleep and the Black Path

Step 2. I need a list of everyone who died the night of the fire. Everyone. The Temple of Pharasma must have such a list

Did we come across such a list in the dudes notes? If not, Koal will ask the daughter if the priests are approachable? Perhaps a visit is in order

Is there any clue why he was returning to a prison?


Male Half-Elf Rogue / 2

The professor was always a good employer. This one is a little more mundane than some of his previous jobs, but the pay is good. Archeos agrees to stay the month to look after Kendra and then return the books.

I'd like to examine the journal and chest in more detail - just in case there's something "not obvious"

Perception:1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11


Male Human (Varisian) Fighter (Unbreakable) 2
Narrator Prime wrote:
Despite his local upbringing, Ulric hasn't heard much about Ravengro's old ruins. It was once a prison, but that's about it.

"Travels set one apart from their homes so it does not surprise me at all that this does not soUnd familiar. Regardless, I am here now and no such cult will be abided by any faithful Pharasman!"


Male Human Barbarian lvl 1
Narrator Prime wrote:

The professor's journal has the words "Read me now" ... Very quickly the group discover that a number of entries have been circled in bold red ink.

The circled journal entries. Spoilered for space.

** spoiler omitted **...

"the necessary tools to defend against spirits are already here in Ravengro" Q. Does Kendra know what these may be?.

Q. What does Kendra know of the false crypt in the Restlands?

Brethan thinks to himself:
I wonder if we could talk to Lorrimars spirit about these things?


Male Human (Varisian) Fighter (Unbreakable) 2

"All this tells me one thing immediately. If we are to undertake this, we are stepping into some pretty dangerous 'terrain' and we may very well be the next targets of what ever foul play the professor was subjected to. We should consider this and take actions that protect ourselves and Kendra. Let us first look to this house. Reinforce anything weak of structure and plan a defensive strategy just in case we are targeted here. Once we have a nice safe base we can venture onward. Tell me Kendra, are you happy to remain alone now knowing what you do or would you prefer to come with us?"


Female Half-Elf Cleric/2

Will Lucem's knowledge religion shed any light on the situation?
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13

"I agree with Ulric, you do need to be protected and don't feel that you would be safe in your family home on your own. But I do have misgivings with you joining us."
"Kendra have you noticed anyone that has turned up in places you wouldn't expect or more often than usual? Better yet is there anyone in town that you get a creepy or suspicious vibe about....lets try to narrow it down to the last month or so."


Female Half-Elf Cleric/2

Lucem will cast Detect Magic to see if the chest or anything else has a magical aura or anything else of significance. I'm guessing any relics will have an aura, can Lucem determine what the aura is or anything else of importance?


Had a massive headache today, not quite migraine, but close. Will update tomorrow sorry.


Male Gnome Oracle

Malstrom watches the party talk amounst themselves nodding with agreement with most points which have been raised..

He thinks visiting The Temple of Pharasma for a list is a must.

Gaining Intel on any suspicious persons that have been in town

See if the relics are in the house? If not visit the crypt tonight.

Set up defence on the house to ensure Kendra is safe.

Getting more information about what happen at Harrowstone Prison

including racking my own brains for information. Knowledge Local d20+5=16+5=21

Throughout this whole discussion, Malstrom will every now and again begin talking to no one in particular. With statements like.

You are correct Angradd

Definately an Oath is an Oath and always need to be kept Kols.

I will always be indebted to Petros Lorrimor he did help me find you two.

Kendra does need to be protected Andreadd

Malstrom finally addresses Kendra and the others in the room... Fear not mylady, consider us your servants, The three of us will help in any way we can. as Malstrom lays 1 hand on his sword and the other on his armour.


Male Human (Varisian) Fighter (Unbreakable) 2

"I am no servant and you will not speak for me gnome. Consider the gnome your servant by its own admission lady Kendra but know well that I am not anyone's servant but the Lady of Graves."


Male Gnome Oracle

I am not speaking for you boofhead, I am speaking for Me, my Sword and my Armour. Ahhh, the youth of today always ready to flap their mouths rather than opening their ears....

After a short pause Malstrom says to himself, No Angradd I will not teach him a lesson, Ulric has a good soul and no harm was meant.


Male Human (Varisian) Fighter (Unbreakable) 2

Urlic's thinking to himself at the gnomes reply. What is it with people naming inanimate possessions? I think I best look to my company for shortcomings before elsewhere. Ha, shortcomings. How appropriate.


Ok, some responses to questions so far. Everyone can read these, I've merely named them based on who asked the questions.

Archeos
The chest seems to have nothing else hidden within. The three other tomes that were spoken of in the will are all there though. Each of them is bound with the same leather stapping as the professors journal, though one of them also has a lock and clasp.

Lucem
Lucem's arcane sight reveals a magical aura on the book with the lockable clasp. After some time studying it, she realises it is an arcane lock, strengtehning the item and making mundane tampering almost impossible. She also notes a faint hint of necromantic aura coming from the book, as if some great spell of that foul magics was cast withing its pages and is only fading.

She is also prompted with some memories of the Whispering Way. Sometime during her studies with the priests of her church, she remembers that order being mentioned. They are known as a sinister group of necromancers that have been active in the inner sea region for thosands of years. Some of them are believed to be undead or at least agents of teh undead. As a group, they were responsible for the original rise of the infamous Necromancer Tar-Baphon who was deposed only through a great aliance of religions some centuries in teh past. Many ruours believe them to be responsible for the more recent necromancer king as well.

Malstrom
While Ulric's travels seemed to take him far from the homelands and legends of this place, Malstroms travels with the professor left him with many a tale to tell. He recalled the professor telling him of Harrowstones fall as a prison some 50 years ago, just after teh Necromancer king was deposed. Apparently a great fire gutted the place and killed all of the prisoners and most of the guards in the building, as well as destroying entire sections of the place. The locals believe the ruins are haunted by the spirits of the dead and the damned.

Both the warden and his wife died in teh fire, though no one is sure why she was there at the time of the fire. A statue commemorating the warden was built in the town, because according to the very spotty records of the time, he sacrificed himself and his men to prevent the worst criminals in the land from escaping the place. This prison in particular was used after the necromancers fall to house such notrious criminals just prior to their execution at the hands of teh kings executioner himself. Nearly all of the executions were carried out in the prison grounds.

Brethan
Brethan broaches the topic with Kendra, but the young woman knows almost nothing of her fathers work over the past few months.

"While we shared a passion for the arcane arts, my father tried very hard to prevent me poking into his work. He claimed it was for my own protection. The fact he was discovered with his head crushed by a fallen gargoyle near the prison grounds attests to the danger of his work." She sighed in regret and nearly cried again, but choked back her tears with grim determination. "If he had only included me more in his work, I may have been there and prevented his death."

As to the false crypt, this was the first time she had heard of it. She is almost certain that her father never informed Father Grimburrow either, for the garrulous old priest took his protection of the deadlands extremely seriously. He wouldn't risk the desecration of tombs within whom were buried Pharasma's faithful, not even for good friends.

Unfortunately, the old priest had left the building almost the moment the will was read aloud, so he couldn't be asked directly.

Ulric
Ulric completed a thorough check of the building and found that the old Professor had not been lax in his preparations for trouble. While the building didn't look like much at first glance, nearly every entrance had a way of being securely locked and barred. The timber of the doors and window shutters were solid, and the locks to the main doors were formidable. Should trouble come knocking, it wouldn't find easy entrance to this place should they be prepared.

He was also shown a basement area by the old man, Reeves, who served as both cook and butler for teh family. If things came to a real head, this basement was solid stone and only had one entrance. It would make a great fall back position, though there was no where to run once you got here.

Kendra seemed quite fired up and willing to travel with the group when he mentioned their going off to explore things. She may well be an asset in such a situation, though that may not be keeping her as safe as her father wished if what she had told Brethan was anything to go by.

Koal

In order to find out more, they would need to start asking around town. Today most likely wouldn't be such a good time, given what happened at the funeral. It was most likely that tempers were still runnning hot out there, and more trouble certainly wouldn't help to endeer them to the locals. No list of who died was found in the Professors notes, indicating he hadn't got to it before his death, or had been stymied in his pursuit of such information.

In any case, Kendra gladly offers everyone room and food in her house for the duration of the month that her father has imposed upon them. She seems a little embarrased by it all, but underlying that is a gratefulness as well.

Ok, things you want to check that I can tell from your questions

1 - The crypt. If you want permission for that, you'll need to convince the old priest and his accolytes first. He seemed frinedly enough at the service and reading, though Kendras words about him make you think he might be a hard sell to go looting crypts.

2- Finding out about Harrowstone - While Malstom knew a great deal about this, he is sure there is more to the story that he can't remember. Trying to find someone in town who was alive at the time might work. Alternatively, there may be records at the town hall or one of the local libraries that will help.

3 - The whispering way. The best place to investigate this is actually the professors house. unfortunately, nearly every room in the place has a large collection of books. Tracking down info here may take days or even weeks.

4- Finding information about who was in the prison when it burnt down may give a clue as to who the Whispering Way are after in ther necromantic rights. This info is only officially available from the Pharasman priests or the town the clerks. However, if some of the older locals can be convinced to talk, they may know something about the more sinister folk who were being held there the day it burnt down.

Over to you. Note that splitting up in a PbP is far easier to do than a table top game. It still carries all the risks though BWAHAHAHAHA


Male Human Barbarian lvl 1

Brethan Asks Kendra "do you have any books or tomes on Tar-Baphon, the Whispering Tyrant, or on the group known as the whispering way?"

and I suggest to the group we spend the day in house trying to rest/read/recover and tomorrow look at hitting town for more answers. We have a month to burn!!

Also is there any way I can get a charm/ward/spell to help with possession/fear effects as I am concerned that we may encounter undead, spooks, and ghosts and such?


Kendra nods at Brethan's question. "My father has whole bookshelves devoted to the rise and fall of that fell creature. He investigated many ways to help fight such creatures in case the dread necromancers were to rise again."

She leads him through to a large study room filled with bookshelves. Her hand waves in a vague gesture indicating all of the tomes and scrolls in the place. " Feel free to read these, they should be what you're after."

She also offers Koal a chance to study one of her fathers old spell books if he should wish to expand his arcane repertoire. "Father and I both believed that the arcane arts needed to be more open in their sharing to prevent such problems as we have in this town. Secrecy leads to distrust and misrepresentation, and also makes it much easier for evil to wield our power."


Koal, the following spells are available for scribing. Note the cost for scribing spells and time taken to do so are in the main book.scribing all of these would take you out of the game for the next week or two of game time, so choose appropriately as time and cash permits. Also, if you spend the time to learn and copy spells it will make you unavailable for other research. Not an issue if your colleagues don't mind.

1st level - comprehend language, identify, Mage armor, feather fall, protection from evil, sleep, true strike,

0 level- acid splash, detect magic, disrupt undead, read magic.


Male Half-Elf Rogue / 2

Arches joins Brethan in the library reading books. He specifically selects the more recent volumes concerning "The Whispering Way".

Perception to select the most recent / relevant book 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19

"We also need that list of prisoners ... I doubt I'm the best person to "ask" for it. If a written list exists however, I can retrieve it for us."


Archeos

Spoiler:
Interesting...a PbP may let your roguishness shine in ways a table top game can't. It might be cool to have you break into some places to steal info once you do some casing of the joint. Will see how well the investigations go

For everyone. We'll assume the day is spent relaxing and refocusing at Kendra's. Those who are reading on the Whispering Way need to make a knowledge Arcana or Knowledge History check. The library adds +4 to the roll. Anyone can assist, but you must have the skill trained to be considered the main researcher.

Let me know what your plans are for the next day. You can travel to see the priest or look around town or investigate the graveyard or track down locals who know something about Harrowstone or try to get access to town records from around that time. Any of those options are available. It takes a whole day essentially to get any one thing done. The more peeps trying a specific task, the more assists that can be made. You can split up easily enough to try multiple tasks as well.


Male Human (Varisian) Fighter (Unbreakable) 2

Was the priest that accompanied us back for the will reading receptive? Ulric would like to ask him about these things.


Ulric Vastagar wrote:

Was the priest that accompanied us back for the will reading receptive? Ulric would like to ask him about these things.

He was friendly enough at the reading and funeral, but left almost immediately after the reading. He was grumbling about the assault on the procession and needing to talk to those you'd left behind.

Kendra seems to think that he won't be easy to convince in terms of looking inside old crypts. He is very protective of the graveyard, as it is sanctified and it his ward. You would kind of understand that as a worshiper of the Lady of Graves, but possibly not to the xtent that it means to a Cleric or Paladin. You can try to talk with him in the morning though. Go ahead and post a diplomacy to get an interview with him to start with. You gain a +2 for being a believer. Depending on how you broach the subject, you may get other bonuses..or negatives.

Kendra has a sneaking suspicion that her father may have broached the place without permission, as he hadn't told her of it, nor had Father Grimburrow mentioned seeing him before his death.


Male Gnome Oracle

I think we should not mention the Crypt to anyone and go their one night in secret to temperarly recover the items that would be helpful to up in Harrowstone. Do we know the actual exact location of the crypt in question, or just the general where abouts?

Prime you mentioned there were some of the older towns folk who joined the funeral procession? Maltrom will try to remember faces and ask Kandra for some names. Basically looking for a person or 2 who were around when the prison burnt down and were friendlyish towards the Professor. Or even better a local historian??? (though I doubt there will be one)

I hope to spend the day gaining information about the Harrowstone fire. Suspicions on how it started, who started it, all the myths and legends surrounding the prison.

made multiple rolls for talking to different people

Diplomacy:
d20+8=6+8=14,
d20+8=8+8=16 and
d20+8= 19+8=27

Sense Motive:
= d20+6=10+6=16,
d20+6=2+6=8 and
d20+6=7+6=13


Male Human (Varisian) Fighter (Unbreakable) 2

Ulric will speak with the priest most definitely, being a respectful patron of the priests deity. The tact I will take when speaking with the priest is as follows. If a place of Pharasma is being perverted by Undeath worshipers then he should be as concerned as I am. He can send someone along with us if he so wishes but he best be very selective in his placing of trust with whom he shares this information with. I would suggest he also forward our finds onto the upper ranks of Pharasma's priesthood. He will present his holy symbol as he speaks and intone her name in a brief prayer as he greets the priest.

Diplomacy 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

You may roll my Sense motives behind the scenes please


Male Human (Varisian) Fighter (Unbreakable) 2

Sorry Malstrom, if were any other priest than my deity, your plan would have been fine but as I am lawful, when it comes to my deity, I follow her edicts with respect to custom and proceedure. Until I discover they are frauds or otherwise contrary to Pharasma's edicts.


Male Human Barbarian lvl 1

perception - 6

Brethan will spend a good while scanning the books for a book on harrowstone, the whispering way, or tar baphon. If I find a suitable book I will try to have a read through it, unless the group is heading out to talk to someone else.
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16


Female Half Elf Wizard / 1

One.

From the spell book, the only spells Koal will learn are sleep and true strike. Wizards begin with all level 0 spells, and she knows the other L1 spells already. It takes 2 hours per spell, and costs 10gp each. Decipher DC = 16 (15 + 1).

Spellcraft 1d20 +12. 14 + 12 = 26; 17 + 12 = 29 (both passed)
Total Time & Cost = 4hrs & 20gp

Koal will sincerely thank Kendra.

Two.

Party! What is your concensus for tackling the crypts to acquire anti-ghost tactical equipment? Koal is open a night incursion :)
She doesn't believe asking the priest will be of any benefit.

Three.

Harrowstone research. Koal will visit the town hall, library, and Pharasman priests, looking specifically the names of prisoners imprisoned at the time of the fire, and their crimes (but general info also). She will also have a look for information on the warden's wife, name and family etc (is there family still in the area). Koal is curious as to why the wife was there.

Diplomacy (+1): 12+1=13; 11+1=12; 6+1=7; 8+1=9
Intelligence Check (+4): 12+4=16; 13+4=17; 9+4=13; 4+4=8

Four.

Researching in the professor's library. Koal will join Arches & Brethan.

Intelligence Check (+4): 17+4=21; 9+4=13
Knowledge Arcana (+8) (+4 library bonus): 11+8+4=23; 7+8+4=19


Female Half-Elf Cleric/2

If there is a group effort in the library Lucem will help. Many eyes will make light work of so many books. Can I use knowledge religion to help narrow down the field and choose which ones to read 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22.
If Ulric wants the company and feels having a cleric would help when talking to the priest, or convincing him, Lucem will accompany him. Not sure how you want me to roll for the conversation. Diplomacy 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19 or use of religion 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7. Lucem will try to back up Ulric and concentrate on how her diety abhores (spelling?) those that follow the darkness and try to pervert this world and those worthy souls who have earned their rest. If we do go and see the priest can we use the time to 'admire' the church, for another visit, aswell.

101 to 150 of 479 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / A Crown for the Dead All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.