Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


A Crown for the Dead

Game Master Wrath

Carrion Crown adventure path -


51 to 100 of 479 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Male Human (Varisian) Fighter (Unbreakable) 2

Ulric enjoys watching the looks that Archeos is receiving. It's plain to all what he is now thinking. Wearing a skull mask at such a time as this, you are lucky they aren't howling at you to get out you fool, Ulric shakes his head in bewilderment. I will need to find out if that thing CAN be removed.


Male Human Barbarian lvl 1

If there is time before she leaves the room Brethan says to Lorrimars daughter 'What is you name, and can i help'
Q. How many others in the room?
Q. What do they look like?
Q. Are any of them familiar?
Perception 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15
Also Brethan is thrown by the change in demeanour of Archeos. Off hand, cool and aloof even on the coach ride and now nice and amiable in greeting people. If Archeos does get around to Brethan and says anything at all

Brethan blurts out:
I’m not gay


Some info for the questions asked.

Firstly, the room is a formal lounge. You had to pass through a hallway to get here, with other rooms leading from it. This one has a fireplace, with a low fire warming the room. There is a coffee table, but no work bench or any such thing. The room is decorated with all sorts of interesting items from Lorrimar's studies.

Archeos Only please

Spoiler:
The guests all have money pouches, but stealing from them might not be wise, given the large number of sharp weapons they all seem to carry. The room itself is loaded with interesting things. If you can make an Appraise DC of at least 14, you can find three items that would net you around 50gp if you can sell them. If you fail that DC, then as far as you're concerned, the place is just full of wierd junk. Stealing the items will involve a sleight of hand, then I'll roll for perceptions from the group to see if they notice. Obviously there'll be penalties against them if they're distracted by, say, The daughter returning with food.

Brethan, The only others in the room are those that came on the coach. You know what they look like from the descriptions of the characters, although Archeos has half his face hidden by a skull mask. And according to what your response above was, you feel ARcheos is becoming a little too familiar hehe

We're going to run with Dave's character having already arrived in town and staying in this place for the last few days. When he gets time to create a toon and join in, we'll introduce him


Male Human (Varisian) Fighter (Unbreakable) 2

Oh, David's character's the gay one!


Male Gnome Oracle

If no one else is sitting there, Malstrom moves to the sofa near the fire to warm himself up.

He will look around the room looking to see any portraits hanging up etc. Casually inspecting the others in the room. All this anger in the room, Skull Face, the fighter both seem ready kill anybody who looks at them the wrong way, The barbarian looks as if snap any second and the chick, there is a sexual harrassment knife in the guts waiting to happen. Then there is the gay looking dude sitting in the corner....

Looking at the peice of iron he is stroking in his hand, Malstrom thinks, Angradd and Kols, I am the only freaking sane one here...

Ahhh, the silence is killing me....

Malstrom says, A Barbarian, a warrior and a rogue walk into a bar and start masturbating vigorously, the bartender approaches them and asks them what they are doing, one replies, "the sign said first come first serve".

diplomacy:
d20+8=16+8=24


Male Half-Elf Rogue / 2

After making a circuit of the room and the requisite pleasantries Archeos leans against a wall watching the crowd (preferably near a window but if that's not possible near the door to the hallway we came through).

Bluff:
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24 - Trying to look comfortable and not make it look like he's on edge ready to bolt. Positioning is to allow for a quick escape if necessary

For the DM:
I have no plans to nick anything... was just doing the theifie thing of assaying the room that I enter to see if there's anything tempting and assessing the "threat potential" of those in the room. Archeos isn't the type to steal for the fun of it ....

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21 - Is there anyone (other than us) that looks out of place or may be considered a threat .... mage or guard types.

Hearing Malestrom's joke he lets out a stifled giggle and, when Archeos catches Malstrom's attention, shoots a sly wink Maelstrom's way backed up with a sizable grin.

Archeos then looks around the room for Lucem and watches her interactions with the other guests.

Bluff:
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22 - to hide his interest / curiosity.

Thoughts:
This gnome is going to be a laugh ... I need to get to know him.
I don't like the way that Ulric is looking at me.
Why is Lucem making no attempt to hide her heritage .... doesn't she know how dangerous it is to be a half-elf in these lands?


Female Half-Elf Cleric/2

Lucem turns to Malstrom and saunters over to him with a mischievious grin on her face. And says to him a seductive tone as she starts to lean down towards him Malstrom, you seem to be a man who doesn't enjoy the tension in the room. Or are you a man who just likes to....relieve his.... tension anyway he can. She winks at him and stands Really, masterbation when we're gathered in the remembrance of our friend? I'd love to hear how you'd show a girl a good time. On second thoughts maybe not.and she starts to walk around the room looking at Lorrimar's belongings out of interest and to see if anything stands out as different for Lorrimar.

diplomacy:
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26 I don't have charm as a skill. Although if these interactions keep up I may have to change my mind.

perception:
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24

For the DM:
If you want me to roll a perception to notice Archeos watching me its 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15 or I can be too involved in looking around the room regardless of the roll.


Male Human Barbarian lvl 1

On hearing Malstroms joke Brethan:
can't help but crack a smile followed shortly after by a huge rolling belly laugh"I'd be served first hahahaha, I'd definitely be served first. Hahaha. Aaaaah" says Brethan, as he wipes a tear from his eye.

'Hey Zeus I am hungry'


Almost on queue, the woman returned, followed by an elderly man and woman. All three carried trays of cold cut meats, fresh fruit and bread with a healthy slab of butter to spread.

"I appologies that the food is not hot, we weren't expecting so many people. My cook is making a stew as we speak, but this should tide you over until it is ready."

At Brethans question, the young girl blushes slightly " Oh, how remiss of me. I am Kendra Lorrimar. And here I have been, assuming to know each of you by your descriptions. Please, introduce yourselves. Tell me how you met my father and why he would deem it necessary for you to be present at his funeral!?"

Her voice seems almost eager at that last part. Her sadness dimmed somewhat at a burning curiosity to know her fathers thoughts after his death. The old couple continued to serve the food, but it was anxious they were delaying somewhat to hear he answers as well.


Male Gnome Oracle

Your father was my teacher when I was young, Kendra, before you were born. I learnt many things from him relating to religion, history and local geography and politics. He also helped me with a particular condition I have. Without his tutoring and wisdom I would not be the person I am today. So it is a great honour and sadness that I am able to attend his funeral.


Male Human (Varisian) Fighter (Unbreakable) 2

"As you wish young lady. I have only scarce recollection of your father. It was little or nothing to me but obviously it sat with your father for him to remember me and honor his promise. Quite frankly, I just thought he were another to make big promises in a moment of joy and appreciation and not follow through with them. I get a lot of words and little more than the standard fee for my work. I remember his name more than anything. I think in all my time on the roads your father traveled under my protection three times in total. He honored his payments and was little to no trouble. A decent man. All I did was my job and that job was to get him from point start to point end and keep him breathing and in good health. Now that I think more of it, he couldn't even pull the trigger on that hand crossbow I had stashed for him. I remember the expression on his face now. Priceless. Like handing a mage a bastard sword and telling him to lay waste. Ah Pharasma, how could I forget such a thing. To elaborate, we were under travel, he among a couple others were in a carriage and some goblins ambushed us as we went through a grove well known for banditry. They were a desperate bunch. They obviously weren't under any command at all. A rag tag type of attack. Was easy to repel compared to some. A couple of them slipped our line though and got to the carriage. When I came to stand at the open door, two gobbers were inside. Your dad was all pressed up in a corner with the hand crossbow pointed at the little nasty critters but he just wasn't pulling the damn trigger. I wont go into detail due to you being a lady and all but I stopped the little buggers laying teeth or hand on your father. Ah, that look was priceless."


Male Half-Elf Rogue / 2

An unfamiliar, you could almost say happy, smile crosses Archeos' face, "I worked for your father several times in Caliphas. He was a generous and appreciative employer who displayed more acceptance of kin than most." Archeos's face then returns to its normal stern appearance "I must admit I was surprised that the few mundane tasks he asked me to perform left such an impression."


Male Human Barbarian lvl 1

'Pleased to me you Kendra, I am Brethan Snowspitter, son of Brenan Orksplitter, of the north. My only meeting with your Dad was to save him from an agonizing death at the hands of an orc, nigh on 7 years ago.”
Brethan thinks to himself, I didn’t realize that Lorrimar was able to mix curing creams and ointments for VD or ‘a particular condition’ as some may call it.


Female Half-Elf Cleric/2

Lucem turns to Kendra and with a stonefaced expression tells her tale Your father had a profound impact on me many years ago. Quite simply, he saved my life. In the younger years of my life, we had some travellers come to our farm and we gave them lodgings in the barn. We invited them into the house to join us for dinner. This they took to their advantage and killed everyone in my family. I was spared as my mother had fallen on me during the confusion. I daren’t breathe as they went through the house looking for anything of wealth. Late the next day your father found me. He may not have been able to fire a crossbow, but he easily disarmed me and placated me and started to look after me. As I had no one else, he took me on his travels. Whenever darkness came, he kept a fire going to make sure it was light enough to keep the shadows at bay and the nightmares away. During those travels, he saw that I had an aptitude for healing and magic; he also saw that I had a determination in my eyes not to be as defenceless as my family. When we travelled to a major city, he secured me a place in the temple of Sarenrae; I guess he saw it as a fitting way to keep the darkness away. In that short time together, he seemed to have understood me very well. He knew I had revenge just under the surface. And to make sure that I was prepared for what came, he paid for many lessons in combat. For that I am in his debt. As the story ends Lucem holds the symbol around her neck and takes the face of someone in deep contemplation.


With telling of those tales, it is like a dam bursts on the conversation. Kendra laughs a little at some of the retellings, before exchanging a few tales of her own. Ale and wine are brought in, and before long the evening meal ha become a group of people sharing stories and fare welling n old friend. While the level of participation varies for rach of them,by the time the night is done they can tell that for Kendra at least, this has been cathartic.

"In the morning we bury my father, and I would ask that some of you carry the cask. I know not who from town shall attend, but if it wasn't for you fine folk, I would be forced to hire people to carry his coffin to its place of rest. Will you do this for me and my father?"

4 people will be needed to carry to coffin from the entrance of the burial grounds to his final resting place. What preparations are you going to make and what will you wear for the service?


Male Human (Varisian) Fighter (Unbreakable) 2

Ulric asks about the town and the people within it. He wants to know why the professor had no friends or anyone sympathetic to the family at this time.

sense motive 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20


Male Gnome Oracle

Malstrom is more than happy to assist in carring the coffin, but suggests because of the height difference it might be better for Ulric, Archeos, Brethan and the gay looking dude who doesent say much carries it.

Malstrom is also very interested in the answer to Ulric's questions.

Malstron will also ask if there is anything that he can do to assist in the preparations for tomorrow

diplomacy:
d20+8=11+8=19


Kendra is a few drinks into the evening when Ulric and Malstrom make their enquiry. She leans back into the couch on which she is sitting and sighs in obvious frustration.

"My father and I are both practitioners of the arcane arts. The people in these parts are not so far removed from the troubles of the Liche lord and his necromancer minions that they do not fear that kind of power. It is a fear built of ignorance more than anything."

She frowns for a moment, before continuing in a more thoughtful tone. "They have been far more discourteous of late though, I must admit. I was quite perterbed to think that no one stepped forward to offer services in bearing fathers coffin. The town seems more on edge..."

She peters off, lost in thought before a deeply sad expression passes momentarily across her eyes. "I think I've had enough to drink my friends. I need to bury my father come the morn, and I'll be in no state to do so should I imbibe any more this evening. I beg of you to do likewise and get sleep while you can. After the burial, Father Grimshaw has agreed to bear witness to father's will, and you must all attend that too I fear. He seemed to have included explicit instructions when he created the document." A slight catch in her voice told everyone present that she was again struggling to hold in her grief at the thought of her fathers death.

Ulric

Spoiler:
As far as you can tell, she is telling the absolute truth. She seems genuinely grief stricken, and a little angry too. Not unusual given her situation.


Male Human (Varisian) Fighter (Unbreakable) 2

Ulric, rugs up and goes out to sit on the balcony, listening to the sounds of the land before heading to bed. He has his long sword and daggers on his person as he does so.


Male Gnome Oracle

Malstrom will bid everybody goodnight, collect his gear and go find a suitable room (if there is one). He will clean and polish his armour and long sword until the suns reflection will blind people at tomorrows funeral. He will then try and a get a good night sleep and get up first light in the morning.


Ulric Vastagar wrote:

Oh, David's character's the gay one!

You wish, jellyfish


The morning comes with a cold mist drifting up from the lake. It hangs heavy in the air, converting the cresting Sun's light into a muted gold and red and casting eerie shadows in the laneways of Ravengro.

The house which was last night filled with talk and drink, is muted this morning. Kendra has dressed in a heavy black gown, and continues to wear her veil, covering her face fully today. The old couple who were serving her last night are also dressed in black, each of them standing at her side in order to support her through the funeral.

The party gathered and made their way out of town to the cemetry some few hundred metres up the main road. The walk was quiet, but as they went a few extra folk seemed to join the procession. Despite Kendra's words last night it seemed as if some folk had turned out to see the Professor buried. All of them seemed to be of an age to the old mage, in their mid fiftees, though one younger lady had come too, obviously a family member of these village folk. No names were given, as everyone was keeping to their own thoughts in this grim procession. Each of them moved in to give Kendra a consoling hug though. In all, another five people had joined them by the time they reached the wagon that held the old mans coffin.

Ulric, Brethen, Lucem and Archeos each took a corner, lifting the surprisingly heavy timber from the back of the wagon and placing it onto their shoulders. With Kendra leading the way, they wound their way through the eerie tombstones and crypts, following the dirt pathway. Ahead of them, a goup of torches seemed to suddenly appear in the mist, bobbing in a disembodied way at first, until shadowy figures could be seen in their light. Kendra seems to slow, looking around a little confusedly before murmering "This is not where the grave should have been prepared"

At that moment, a voice calls from the shadowy group ahead. "That's far enough missy. We folk don't no necromancer buried here with our own kin. Ye can take 'im out ter the woods instead"

DC12 perception

Spoiler:
The speakers voice is obviously slurred, under the infulence of alcohol no doubt

DC18 perception

Spoiler:
There is probably about 12 people gathered in the light of those torches ahead, though it seems hard to tell in this mist. They seem to be milling around and murmering amongst themselves, but there are quite a few muttered "aye" and "too right" from them at the speakers voice.

Kendra looks shocked at first, but then her body swells with righteous indignation. She seems ready to explode in anger.

Act now if you wish to try and intercede here to diffuse this sitation. If you'd rather see how this plays out, post your view as such in character somehow. Cheers


Male Human (Varisian) Fighter (Unbreakable) 2

Perception:
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7

The progress, halted by the surprise confrontation sees Ulric tense up, more so when he hears the tone of voice and words from the spokesman. He looks around to gauge others reactions, mainly Kendra and the other locals. He peers into the mist, unable to make out anything beyond.

"Move aside you wretch. You have had time to intervene before this holy passage and the fact you only do so now is cause enough for you to see your error and step aside. Do not make me draw steel here, for your time is meant to end after this ceremony. How long after, I am not certain."

Intimidate 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8


Male Half-Elf Rogue / 2

Perception:
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14

"This good man deserves a proper burial in a proper grave. I have no wish to draw blood this day ... however I will see him burried properly."


Ok, with Ulric going for intimidate as the first response, everyone else is working to assist him. This means a roll on intimidate or diplomacy over 10 to assist his score. I rolled for Archeos and got a nat 20, so thats an assist already. So far you are on 10 for intimidate. I'll give others a chance to post as well, though I'll take of Brethans response later.


Male Gnome Oracle

Perception:
my perception roll was d20+8=11+8=19

Malstrom steps forward in his polished armour and sword on his belt, hopefully close enough to make out a face.

knowledgelocal:
d20+5=15+5=20 to see if I happen to recognise anybody in the crowd? If I do I will point them out specifically

Diplomacy:
d20+8=13+8=21

Hail there my fine fellows, it does sound as if you have had a mighty night and from the slurring of your words a mighty good morning as well. Been drinking up a lot of courage have we. But I am sure when you all thought up this great plan, you were not expecting to see all of us? with an open hand turning around pointing out all the new battle hardened companions.

Were you??? No I did not think so. We are all good friends of the Professor and and he has helped us all in some way thoughout our lives, as I am sure if you all think back, he would have unselfishly assisted you or your families in the past to. Isn't that right! So what you should be doing is lining up behind us to honour this great man and not standing in our way disrespecting him like this.

So what is your choice? You can join us at the funural or you can go home to sleep off the previous night. But you will not stand in our way.


Male Gnome Oracle
Narrator Prime wrote:
Ok, with Ulric going for intimidate as the first response, everyone else is working to assist him. This means a roll on intimidate or diplomacy over 10 to assist his score. I rolled for Archeos and got a nat 20, so thats an assist already. So far you are on 10 for intimidate. I'll give others a chance to post as well, though I'll take of Brethans response later.

started typing out my responce before you posted Prime, so did not see this post till to late.


Male Half-Elf Rogue / 2

Probably just as well you rolled for me Prime .... I've got no diplomatic skills at all ....


Female Half-Elf Cleric/2

perception:
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24

If there is still grumblings from the group Lucem will join in with:
Gentleman, I too don't wish anything to be done that may....sully this day of remembrance. I am a cleric of Sarenrae as you would know my God does not abide anything dark or evil. If you would permit me i can cast detect magic at the casket points to the casket emphasising this, so it doesn't look like I'll turn them into a frog and look into it to ensure there is no necromantic magic inside. Would that put you at ease? Then we can put our freind to eternal rest.

If it looks like a biff is on the way Lucem will be prepared to use casue fear on the bloke infront.


Female Half-Elf Cleric/2

Oh yeah, the diplomacy roll 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
This should be good.


Brethan bristles with anger at the people in front of him. Hearing the words of the others around him, he becomes more incensed. These townsfolk would deny a good man his place with the gods in land set aside for the dead. He spoke clearly and angrily at the crowd ahead "If you stop me being able to say the proper farewells to this man, you best believe you'll be needing new teeth before the days out. Move you dogs, or we'll kick your ar*e's so hard you'll taste your food as it goes out as well as in."

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16

Ok, Ulric gave a base of 8, +2 for Archeos, +4 for Malstrom (a bonus for results over 20), +0 from Lucem (and showing a willingness to use magic has them more nervous hehe), and +2 from Brethan gives a total of 16 so far. If our mage hasn't posted by tonight I'll work on a success for him and update from there.


Male Human (Varisian) Fighter (Unbreakable) 2

Fail base Ulric you plastic spastic. More energy, less fail.


I suspect Ulric will be far more effective in smashing the hicks rather than putting them down with words. Don't judge him just yet hehe. Also note that the scenario specifically states that the first person to speak is the one who's roll you use as base. Works nicely in PbP as well :). Sometimes, the person you least want talking for you is the one who ends up having to. Either way, this will lead to interesting things.


Male Human (Varisian) Fighter (Unbreakable) 2

Or he is just the one who sits at his PC the most. If this trend continues, we are going to have lots of fights. Hehe.


Male Half-Elf Rogue / 2

.... hmmm ... I see a half-orc called H'ulk in my future ....


The aesthetic looking gentlemen who had thus far remained quiet throughout the exchange finally spoke up. "It would be inadvisable for such an ill equipped group of farmers and fisherment to engage in any form of martial exhange with the likes of those of use attending this funeral. If one were to but look carefully at the two large men at the front of the cask, one would note the bulging muscles and decidely determined look of men familiar with dealing violence at short notice."

He pasued for a moment, then indicated the others "Our diminutive friend at the front may look no more than a child, but the gelaming armour and constant muttering of metal and the dwarven gods would surely give most sane folk pause before tehy sought to engage him in roughhousing. Surely a madness lies behind the honied words there. As for the beautiful girl in the heavy armour, her willingness to use her goddesses powers to test your fears should also warn that she would be willing to use said powers in the protection of her good friend who now lies departed in the cask. The man at the rear of the cask wears a half mask in the shape of a human skull. I would find such warning signs of particular note as they indicate all sorts of experiences with death and the instruments of death that I am sure the average fisherman and farmer are not at close terms with."

The group had seemed to fall into a kind of quiet hush, almost mesmorised by the words of this robed man. He continued, counting off points on his fingers as he made them, as if he were merely listing points in a lecture rather than trying to prevent some sort of melee. "And finally there is myself. While my robes and slight frame might give you encouragement as to your ability to tackle me in general fisticuffs, you first take time to note the arcane sigil sewn into the robe in great golden thread. Also note the amulet which I wear, even now glowing slightly with building magics as I prepare to defned my slight frame with the power I have spent time learnign to control. indeed much of which was under the tutelage of the good Professor himself."

He paused again, to give weight to his words, before concluding "No, a smart man would not really wish to engage this group. Are there any smart men here I wonder?"

The sound of morning crickets hung in the air for a moment as everyone tried to digest his words, and then the leader of the local rabble spoke up "I think he called us all stupid! GET 'EM!"

With that, they rushed forwards.

Ok, even with all the assists, the DC was 20 according to the scenario and you guys fell short by two points. It was a close thing though, so well done for all of you who attempted to negotiate or intimidate your way out of this rather than just go the usual DSBOL method of hit hard.

These guys are fairly drunk, but even so it quickly becomes apparent they aren't armed and are not trying to kill anyone. It looks like they just want to beat the group enough that you'll flee the cemetary rather than bury the professor here. Take that into consideratin with your attacks

Those of you with the coffin will need to either drop it or organise to lower it in order to engage in melee. It's a free action to just drop your corner. A whole round to lower it gently. Dropping it has a good chance of spilling the body out onto the ground, not something considered very respectful, but it may also mean you don't get punched in teh face or kicked in the nether regions.

State your actions, I rolled low for the rabble, and rolled relatively high for the group. Initiative goes in order of posting at this stage until we work things out a bit more thoroughly.


Male Human (Varisian) Fighter (Unbreakable) 2

Ulric will turn to the other bearers and say, "Casket down on 3 lads. 1, 2, 3. Now let's teach this rabble the meaning of black and blue."


Male Gnome Oracle

Malstrom will draw his longsword (preparing to deal non-lethal damage) and also cast Guidance upon himself adding a +1 to my first att roll and wait for them to come.

When casting Malstrom will exaggerate his hand movements and recite the incantation louder than normal (this will be in Celestial language).

(note from now on till the end of combat I can only speak and understand Celestial as per my curse).

Just incase this does scare the bejezzes out of them here is a intimidate roll.

d20+1=11+1=12


Male Half-Elf Rogue / 2

Arcehos coordinate with Ulric & the others to respectfully lay down the casket.

Archeos' demeanor then changes completely. His lips turn upwards into a manic grin. Cackling like a madman he draws a dagger from a sheath carefully hidden under the armour on his left arm.

As the blade clears the scabbard Archeos deliberately turns towards the nearest member of the rabble and points his naked blade towards him .... This blade is sharp and the poison it carries lethal. Make no mistake ... I intend to kill.

Blff: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17

Thoughts:
This lot will run off once one or two of them are bleeding - pulling punches will just drag this spectacle out longer

Combat Actions:
Archeos will strike as targets present themselves using LETHAL damage and moving deliberately to strike as many targets, once each, as possible.
These idiots made their choice ... they get to bleed


Archeos

Spoiler:
Technically you can't draw the weapon until next round as it is a full rounds action to place the coffin carefully down. I liked your threat though. Very chaotic hehe. They certainly believed you too, as did most of the group I'm sure.


I'll give Lucem and Brethen until later tonight to respond. If they haven't done so by then, I'll NPC their actions to get us going forwards. Not sure of Protolith or what he's doing at the moment. Will NPC him too if necessary. Cheers


Male Half-Elf Rogue / 2

Prime:
That's ok ... it'll be my actions for the next round then :)


Male Human Barbarian lvl 1

I will put the coffin down. Then when possible start bashing the first townsmen i can reach screaming that i will crush their skulls and grind their bones.
Q. can i do non lethal/subdual damage with my greatsword. If yes then i will draw my greatsword and start whacking. If I can't do non lethal with sword i will start punching etc.
Initiative 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16

"The meaning of life is to crush your enemies, to drive them before you and to hear the lamentations of their women" - Conan the Barbarian


Male Human DM/32

-4 to Attacks to do NL damage with lethal weapon.


The thugs seemed to trip over themselves at first, allowing the coffin bearers to place their dead friend gently upon the ground. Once they had sorted themselves though, they rushed forwards.

The smell of strong spirits wafted from their bodies as they closed, screaming and yelling in the hopes of scaring the funeral procession as much as anyhting else. The noise had little effect on the seasoned travellers, but the other mourners were shaken badly. The screams of fear from some of the women echoed strangely in the mist and tombs.

Ok, one thug on each of you in essence, plus an extra on Ulric as he was the first guy to speak.

Ulirc - 1d20 - 3 ⇒ (4) - 3 = 1 damage 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6 non lethal
2nd guy - 1d20 - 3 ⇒ (20) - 3 = 17 damage 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

Brethan - 1d20 - 3 ⇒ (2) - 3 = -1 damage 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

Malstrom - 1d20 - 3 ⇒ (6) - 3 = 3 damage 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

Archeos - 1d20 - 3 ⇒ (4) - 3 = 1 damage 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

Lucem - 1d20 - 3 ⇒ (10) - 3 = 7 damage 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

Protolith - 1d20 - 3 ⇒ (7) - 3 = 4 damage 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

All of that is non lethal. Apply damage as needed.

Round two is up.

Edit - wow, that is some of the worst rolls in history.

Ulric - don't believe they can do a crit as they are applying non lethal damage as untrained combatants. But just in case - Confirmation 1d20 - 3 ⇒ (14) - 3 = 11 damage 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7


Male Human (Varisian) Fighter (Unbreakable) 2

Can I clarify my current status (whether I am flat footed and shield equipped?) Putting down the coffin (move action = not flat-footed), equip shield (move action). Is that possible? Need to determine my AC for the confirm crit and whether I get AoO.

Unarmed Attack:
Attacks of Opportunity: Attacking unarmed provokes an attack of opportunity from the character you attack, provided she is armed. The attack of opportunity comes before your attack. An unarmed attack does not provoke attacks of opportunity from other foes, nor does it provoke an attack of opportunity from an unarmed foe. An unarmed character can’t take attacks of opportunity.


Male Half-Elf Rogue / 2

Continuing to cackle manically Archeos strikes at the unfortunate fellow with his dagger.

Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16
Damage: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

Edit: And I picked the dagger cause it did less damage ....


The scenario states that the coffin takes a full round action to lower carefully, most likely due to the need to co ordinate such efforts with your companions. So you are not flat footed, but wouldn't have the shield readied.

These guys can't aoo as they are attacking unarmed or with improvised weapons.


Male Human DM/32

Sorry, the AoO was for us against them, if we were armed when they attack us. And no prob, will update Ulric at home. Thankyou.


Male Human (Varisian) Fighter (Unbreakable) 2

Ulric has to steel himself against the well placed fist to his gut, almost knocking the wind out of him.

51 to 100 of 479 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / A Crown for the Dead All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.