Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


A combined effort

Game Master DEWN MOU'TAIN

The enemy of my enemy is my friend...


351 to 400 of 1,133 << first < prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | next > last >>

Female Human Seanchan Wilder 2 / Initiate 3 / Aes Sedai 5

Welcome :). Another freed damane? we can start a club :), don't worry, my character has a strong urge for unleashing channelers

Regarding cut: isn't cut supposed to be at least one level higher than the level of the targeted weave? The shield is level 7.
Any how, counter power check: 1d20 + 32 ⇒ (14) + 32 = 46

Litheene sees the knife of spirit bracing against the shield. Get the matron damane unconscious, or unable to channel. I'll try to shield the remaining damane


20 years gaming, 15 yrs DM

Ryvin, your total modifier would be +28, this includes your composure skill


20 years gaming, 15 yrs DM

litheene, correct, it would have to be +1 level higher. so the cut weave is ineffective this round. btw, are you maintaining the weave, or did you tie it off?


Female Human Seanchan Wilder 2 / Initiate 3 / Aes Sedai 5

Tied it off. I didn't feel the attempt then I guess, thou I can still see the weave. I'll adjust the post


Female Borderlander Initiate 5 / Aes Sedai 3

Round 2

Tesliin focuses a weave of spirit to the remaining Damane, attempting to shield her from the source. She stays silent and focuses as she works.

Shield on remaining Damane: 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (17) + 19 = 36

Let's see if I do this right. +12 for Composure modifier, +7 from stats (14,14,16), correct?.


Female Human Seanchan Wilder 2 / Initiate 3 / Aes Sedai 5

Add your total level also, and Amorial's bonus. Your actual bonus is 28


20 years gaming, 15 yrs DM

to which damane are you attempting to shield, tesliin? pair c and pair b are still up


Female Borderlander Initiate 5 / Aes Sedai 3
Litheene wrote:
Add your total level also, and Amorial's bonus. Your actual bonus is 28

Oh wow, I was short changing myself there. So total is 45. Um, group C I believe it is.


20 years gaming, 15 yrs DM

1d20 + 41 ⇒ (13) + 41 = 54

annoyed with the attempt to have her shielded, the matron weaves threads of fire, not at an individual person, but the house itself.

their hiding makes this game unfair the sul'dam says to everyone around her.

create fire 6th level weave

ryland, amar, and amorial, i will say that it will take one final move action to get to the first floor, and you can use a standard action to prep yourself or your area to receive the enemy


Female Human Wilder 9; Init +3 (+1 Dex., +2 Duelist feat); Senses Perception +4 Defense 21 (+1 Dex., +6 Def. bonus, +4 chain shirt) hp 50/68 Fort +10; Ref +7; Will +10

"Your ineptitude makes you lose, you mean," Ryvin thinks as her weave batters itself blunt against the Shield on the other damane. She has to struggle to restrain a brief smile at the thought...


Female Ebou Dari Wilder 6/(former potential) Aes Sedai 4
current stats:
hp 36/52, weaves remaining 6/6/6/4/3/2/1

Alathea watches in horror as the Sister that Litheene had freed bursts into flame. Not like Jasper! I must Heal her before it is too late! But she knows that abandoning all else to go to her is likely to put a leash on her as well. With grim determination, she turns toward the Leash Holders. What must be done, must be done...

Alathea sees the nimbus of power surround Tesliin and watches her weave a Shield on one of the Leashed Ones. Drawing on saidar herself, she weaves threads of Spirit into her own Shield, and attempts to slam it between the other Leashed One and the Source.

Let's see. Fifth level weave (woven at level 4 due to all affinities satisfied)...concentration check of 1d20 + 26 ⇒ (12) + 26 = 38...that doesn't look so good.

HP 40/40
Weaves remaining: 6/5/5/3/2/1

Also, welcome, Ryvin!


20 years gaming, 15 yrs DM

which one you targeting alathea? Pair c or b?


Female Ebou Dari Wilder 6/(former potential) Aes Sedai 4
current stats:
hp 36/52, weaves remaining 6/6/6/4/3/2/1
RIZZENMAGNUS wrote:
which one you targeting alathea? Pair c or b?

The group that Tesliin isn't targeting, group B.


20 years gaming, 15 yrs DM

ryvin, make your check.


Male Tar Valoner Human Wilder 5/Asha'man 3

Joliar watches as the others scramble to intercept the guards. He can only assume the Aes Sedai are struggling to handle the damane. He knew he had felt saidin, if only briefly but he couldn't tell from where. Still there was nothing for it now.

Pulling in the raging river of the Power that flowed through him, Joliar sent cable thick strands of earth and fire into the ground at the damane's feet. An eruption of dirt and rocks pelted the women as the ground exploded.

Joliar's Round 2 action, having simply chosen to see what the others will do, is to channel Detonate at level 3 into the ground at the feet of the largest clump of enemy channelers.
This should require a ranged touch attack, which against the ground shouldn't be difficult.
Ranged Touch vs ground: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14
1d6 ⇒ 4 damage to all the women/guards in a 5ft burst.


Female Human Wilder 9; Init +3 (+1 Dex., +2 Duelist feat); Senses Perception +4 Defense 21 (+1 Dex., +6 Def. bonus, +4 chain shirt) hp 50/68 Fort +10; Ref +7; Will +10

That would be 1d20 + 27 ⇒ (12) + 27 = 39, unless I'm mistaken... *fingers crossed for a bad result* ... Alas.

Ryvin feels the weaves approach and batter at her link with saidar even before she sees them emanate from the other woman - 'A fellow Ebou Dari'? Ironies...' - and she is forced to lock wills with her.

She prevails, ironically to her disappointment, and slaps the Shield away before it can imprison her. For a moment, Ryvin locks eyes with Alathea, and she mouths a silent "Help me!"


Female Ebou Dari Wilder 6/(former potential) Aes Sedai 4
current stats:
hp 36/52, weaves remaining 6/6/6/4/3/2/1

Alathea sees the Leashed One's plea and nods. Determination floods through her mind, and she stands a little straighter.


20 years gaming, 15 yrs DM

alathea, make a perception check DC 20 to be able to see that distance


20 years gaming, 15 yrs DM

ryvin, you have resisted the shield attempt...barely


20 years gaming, 15 yrs DM

long awaited map of battle.


Female Ebou Dari Wilder 6/(former potential) Aes Sedai 4
current stats:
hp 36/52, weaves remaining 6/6/6/4/3/2/1

Perception check, DC 20 needed: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10...I guess not. Please disregard my previous post, then.


Human (Aiel) Algai 2 / Wilder 5 / Wise One 2 HPs (89) | F+ (10); R + (10); W+ (12)| Perc +17
Spoiler:
Weaves Remaining: 5/5 0lvl; 5/5 1st; 5/5 2nd; 4/4 3rd; 2/2 4th; 1/1 5th

[ooc]Given that Fia is holding action this round and specifically watching the actions of the enemy damane, can she see the exchange with Ryvin?

Perception if allowed: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (11) + 17 = 28


20 years gaming, 15 yrs DM

yes. you can see her mouth the words, asking for help.


Female Human Seanchan Wilder 2 / Initiate 3 / Aes Sedai 5

Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7
Did we take damage from the fire??


Human (Aiel) Algai 2 / Wilder 5 / Wise One 2 HPs (89) | F+ (10); R + (10); W+ (12)| Perc +17
Spoiler:
Weaves Remaining: 5/5 0lvl; 5/5 1st; 5/5 2nd; 4/4 3rd; 2/2 4th; 1/1 5th

That one!Fiallain yells, pointing towards Ryvin. She does not fight willingly. See if you can get that cursed collar off her, Lithene!

edited, because the fire wasnt real yet. lol


20 years gaming, 15 yrs DM

you dont see any fire yet. you just know that there will be one


Female Human Seanchan Wilder 2 / Initiate 3 / Aes Sedai 5

Right, forgot the brew time. What will it take / how hard it is for me, to uncollar like I did the Aes Sedai, but during combat?


20 years gaming, 15 yrs DM

itll be range touch attack, ac 21. 10 base+ 1dex mod +10 fine size =21


Female Human Seanchan Wilder 2 / Initiate 3 / Aes Sedai 5

Too risky, I'm not much for attack rolls, not feeling lucky enough for another nat 20 :)
Weavesight on create fire: 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (6) + 19 = 25. In addition to learning it, I'm interested in whether it is tied off?

Not in the middle of a fight, sadly no. But we will eventually Litheene's eyes are lit with determination, but quickly turn to concern. Besides, if we free her now, she will also be attacked by the guards and the matron.
Litheene's mouth tightens when speaking about the elder damane, a conflict is visible on her face.
I can't beat her, not without harming her. Fear and confusion begin to flood Litheene again as the voice of her suldam echoe's in her memory, mingled with the horrible smell of burned flash from the fire she unleashed at domai wells.

My character sadly doesn't have the gut to cause lethal damage to a damane, so I can't get the matron to faint. Unless my suggestion about circle shielding is accepted, I don't think we have a chance of neutralizing her any other way. Also, I have a slightly higher bonus to shield. I suggest to let me shield Ryvin, as it will drop her wall of air, allowing full attack on the matron. In the mean while we still have the fire to deal with, unless someone is willing t attack the matron's suldam for damage.


Male Kandor Borderlander Woodsman 1, Armsman 5, Warder 2

Rylan, Amorial, if they rip the front off this building, we will need to form a triangle back to back in front of the stairs; otherwise; I suggest Rylan and I on either side of the door and you, Amorial, wait back up; if they push in you may need to (bull) rush them to push them back out so we are not swamped by numbers. The fallen should also help block the doorway. This is going to be messy.


Female Human Seanchan Wilder 2 / Initiate 3 / Aes Sedai 5

Who's left for round 2?


20 years gaming, 15 yrs DM

round 2 action: damane a to break through tied off shield1d20 + 24 ⇒ (13) + 24 = 37
oh, come on!!!!


20 years gaming, 15 yrs DM

waiting for ryland...


Init +5; Senses:Low Light Vision, Scent, See 2x far in daylight, Perception: +13

Still here, waiting for someone to try and enter the building so I can bite..I mean fight them.


20 years gaming, 15 yrs DM

ok, so you'd be ok with a held action with something along the lines of if a soldier crosses the threshold, i attack, or delay your action to go before the soldiers next round? Just FYI, the soldiers round 2 action is they are forming up outside the doors.


Init +5; Senses:Low Light Vision, Scent, See 2x far in daylight, Perception: +13

Yup, tomany to fight in the open, keep them bottled up and attempt to maintain cover with walls.


Male Ogier Noble 4 Wanderer 4 Armsman 1

Amorial will nod to A'mar as he follows the Warders orders, despite his desire to charge out at the enemy, he knows that A'mar knows more about warfare than the Nobleman ever will.


Male Kandor Borderlander Woodsman 1, Armsman 5, Warder 2

A'mar nods back.

crouches with sword and sheild ready.


20 years gaming, 15 yrs DM

amorial, how long does inspire confidence last for?

new initiative order
20 regular guards
18 tesliin
18 aes sedai
17 litheene
16 rhoekk
15 ryland
14 amar
12 suldam pair b ryvin
11 suldam c delayed second round until this iteration
10 suldam pair a
9 Suldam to aes sedai
8 Fia
8 Alathea
8 jolial
7 Amorial
3 group of suldam without damane (6 rounds to go)


Human (Aiel) Algai 2 / Wilder 5 / Wise One 2 HPs (89) | F+ (10); R + (10); W+ (12)| Perc +17
Spoiler:
Weaves Remaining: 5/5 0lvl; 5/5 1st; 5/5 2nd; 4/4 3rd; 2/2 4th; 1/1 5th

Rizen, out of curiosity, is there anything left in the ruins we are in that isn't attached to the structure itself? Old furniture, cheap statuettes, rugs, etc...


20 years gaming, 15 yrs DM

round 2 summary

The house guards, upon discovering an unknown intruder spying upon them, move quickly to the front of the house to block the front exit. Pausing, the men form up into a tight fighting formation, one meant to breach large houses like the one they will be entering.

Quickly rushing down the stairs, Amar, Ryland, and Amorial both step into the front entry and prepare to meet the enemy in the confined space, using the ten foot wide entrance as a natural funnel to prevent the soldiers from overrunning them.

Tesliin, seeing the threat from the matron, throws herself and her power into a mighty shield, only to have the matron bat it away; her connection to the source to strong for tesliin to overcome on her own without help.

Litheene, upon recognizing one of the damane is reluctant to channel against her foes, and feeling a sense of kindred with the leashed one, wrings her hands in agony at being unable to help her sister.

Rhoekk, in an attempt to get a better line of sight upon the sul'dams and damanes, leaps out the window, falls for a brief moment, only to catch a window frame with one hand, allowing him to swing into the second floor room with surprising agility. Turning quickly, he still sees that his line of sight is still blocked by that cursed wall of air those things have erected.

Against her will, Ryvin attempts to cut the tied off shield upon her fellow damane, but only fails at her task. Looking upon the ruin, her mouth moves, begging for release from her tormentors.

The shielded damane fails in breaking her shield. both her and the sul'dams world is turned upside down as Jolial's detonate upon the ground they stand upon throws the earth up in a small explosion of dirt and rock shards. they both take 4 damage

Fia, watching the war of power begin to flare up fully, watches the actions of the leashed pairs on the ground, looking for a tactical advantage. Seeing a suldame mouthing and pleading soundlessly, Fia points it out to litheene.

Alathea, seeing the threat of the damane, and overhearing the exchange between fia and litheene, thinks briefly of freeing the leashed damane, only to realize that it would indeed be cruel to free her in enemy territory. Instead, she chooses a more humane action and attempts to sheild the pleading damane, only to have the shield fail.

The aes sedai held within the master ward, moves to the back of it, and creates an illusion to hide herself from onlookers.

you may now post round 3 actions


20 years gaming, 15 yrs DM

planning to claim the fifth on the ruin? LOL, no, nothing of that nature. its been left a ruin since the last aiel wars, ~ 20 yrs ago, so its had time to be picked clean. Only thing littering the floors now would be old plaster chunks, wood lathing for the plaster, and wooden 2x4's at various lengths.


Human (Aiel) Algai 2 / Wilder 5 / Wise One 2 HPs (89) | F+ (10); R + (10); W+ (12)| Perc +17
Spoiler:
Weaves Remaining: 5/5 0lvl; 5/5 1st; 5/5 2nd; 4/4 3rd; 2/2 4th; 1/1 5th

lol, no, I was thinking more along the lines of dropping a piano on the heads of the soldiers below. Not sure if that fits in with the tenants of Ji'e'toh or not, but it's a moot point now. Hehe, Besides, I am sure the manor across the way has much more interestings from which to claim the fifth on. Fia is holding out for that. ;)


Female Human Seanchan Wilder 2 / Initiate 3 / Aes Sedai 5

RIZZENMAGNUS wrote:

her connection to the source to strong for tesliin to overcome on her own without help.

What effect does linking have on shielding? Does it add the power rating as I suggested? As currently there is no benefit mentioned to it

Also, I've tried weavesight against the create fire. Aside from the question of learning it, the more pending one is: did I manage to recognize if it is tied off or not?


Female Human Wilder 9; Init +3 (+1 Dex., +2 Duelist feat); Senses Perception +4 Defense 21 (+1 Dex., +6 Def. bonus, +4 chain shirt) hp 50/68 Fort +10; Ref +7; Will +10

"Suli, flight of the red raven."

The command cuts through Ryvin like a knife, and she squeezes her eyes shut in pain for a moment.

'Forgive me,' she mouths ... and then her eyes open and one of her hands shoots forward, index finger pointing foreward. Flows of Fire spiral around her like ribbons, then shoot forward to explode outward.

One Fireball, aimed at the center of the room you all are in, for 4d6 + 8 ⇒ (3, 5, 6, 2) + 8 = 24 damage. Reflex save of 19 for half damage.


Aiel HP 123/80 | AC 26 (T 25, FF 22) | CMD 27 | F +7 | R +12 | W +5 | Init +8 | Per +16

Questions: Does Ryvin have line of sight for the fireball given the wall of air? I'm not in that room anymore, but if I couldn't target her... Second, the line labeled THICK SHRUBS AND TREES, could Rhoekk move through there (presumably as difficult terrain) or is it effectively a wall?


Human (Aiel) Algai 2 / Wilder 5 / Wise One 2 HPs (89) | F+ (10); R + (10); W+ (12)| Perc +17
Spoiler:
Weaves Remaining: 5/5 0lvl; 5/5 1st; 5/5 2nd; 4/4 3rd; 2/2 4th; 1/1 5th

Also, if she is able to weave that against us, this should provoke Fia's readied action.


Male Ogier Noble 4 Wanderer 4 Armsman 1

Amorial's inspire confidence lasts for 10 minutes per round spent inspiring his allies therefore it will last for 10 minutes - it can last for up to 5 hours maximum but I did not think Amorial had 30 rounds to make a rousing speech!


Male Kandor Borderlander Woodsman 1, Armsman 5, Warder 2

what does your inspire confidence do?

A'mar waits for the place to get rushed or for orders from the Aes Sedai


Female Human Seanchan Wilder 2 / Initiate 3 / Aes Sedai 5

I might add speach to my action depending on the answers to my questions. But for now, to avoid out of initiative order decisions, I prefer to specify what I'll do:

Seeing the Aes Sedai protected by an Illusion, the matron busy, and her companions within range to help, Litheene drops the master ward, to concentrate on the damane.

Litheene's hand raises absently to her neck, feeling for the icy chill of the metalic collar on her skin, remembering where it was. I will help you, I promise She fills herself with the power, her other hand gripping teh angreal, and weaves another shield, to block the captive damane from the source.

Using another level 7 shield, like before (and here goes my last 4 slot). Targeting Ryvin, and tying it off if I succeed. This happens before she can finish weaving the fireball, and if I shield her, she'll also drop the wall of air

Shield check: 1d20 + 32 ⇒ (13) + 32 = 45

351 to 400 of 1,133 << first < prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / A combined effort All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.