Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

A combined effort

Game Master DEWN MOU'TAIN

The enemy of my enemy is my friend...


451 to 500 of 1,133 << first < prev | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | next > last >>

Female Ebou Dari Wilder 6/(former potential) Aes Sedai 4
current stats:
hp 36/52, weaves remaining 6/6/6/4/3/2/1

Alathea reaches out to join Fiallain and Tesliin in Fiallain's circle. Whereas Fiallain feels...comforting, her presence as a close friend welcome, Tesliin still feels like a stranger. We are fighting alongside each other, but I do not know her yet. We must speak when this is done.

Apologies for not including Litheene in the description above, should she wish to join in.

Composure check, DC 6 needed: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (7) + 15 = 22...done!

EDIT: Now that I've read the OOC discussion, Alathea will not be leading the circle.


Female Human Seanchan Wilder 2 / Initiate 3 / Aes Sedai 5

Litheene smiles at the forming circle. Adam users can't link, let their weapon be their downfall and she links her hands to the others, handing Fiallain her Angreal. I've fought them as I could. You can shield her, I trust in your strength.

Composure VC DC 6: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (11) + 15 = 26


Human (Aiel) Algai 2 / Wilder 5 / Wise One 2 HPs (89) | F+ (10); R + (10); W+ (12)| Perc +17
Spoiler:
Weaves Remaining: 5/5 0lvl; 5/5 1st; 5/5 2nd; 4/4 3rd; 2/2 4th; 1/1 5th

Fiallain returns Litheene's smile with one of her own. Her eyes light up briefly as she touches the angreal, the power suddenly coursing through her. Nonetheless, she seems for a moment uncharacteristically nervous, as she turns back to the window and peers down at the matron below. Dancing the spears was one thing, but a duel of the power with one as strong as the woman below was far outside her experience and more than a little unsettling, even with the other women lending their strength. She lets out a breath and squares her shoulders. "Well doubtless the men will have gotten in over there heads by now and will need rescuing, so let's deal with this one quickly. You three should stay out of sight if you can, no point in offering more targets than necessary."

btw, is someone holding the harden air and the master ward, or are they tied off?


20 years gaming, 15 yrs DM

harden air is tied off. Master ward make a weavesight check dc 27 to see the weaves.


Human (Aiel) Algai 2 / Wilder 5 / Wise One 2 HPs (89) | F+ (10); R + (10); W+ (12)| Perc +17
Spoiler:
Weaves Remaining: 5/5 0lvl; 5/5 1st; 5/5 2nd; 4/4 3rd; 2/2 4th; 1/1 5th

weavesight to be aware of the masterward:1d20 + 13 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 13 + 1 = 31


Male Kandor Borderlander Woodsman 1, Armsman 5, Warder 2

A'mar looks at the Builder agap Peace! Is that not ...hasty

Tesliin

Spoiler:

A'mar is momentarily shaken and disturbed for a moment


20 years gaming, 15 yrs DM

fia, you are able to see the strands that hold the master ward. they go from the ward itself to the hidden aes sedai.


20 years gaming, 15 yrs DM

since ryvin has moved, she, and her sul'dam, are partially obscured by the wall of air. But this is enough to allow Jolial to make his held action

Joliar, intent upon his target, barely moves a muscle, but mutters simply she is free

perception to see leash dc 201d20 + 9 ⇒ (13) + 9 = 22
immolate level 3 weave damage8d6 ⇒ (6, 1, 4, 5, 3, 2, 5, 3) = 29

ryvin:
As you are dragged by your leash to the new spot next to the fountain, an interesting thing happens. Your leash, made of fine silver mesh over rawhide leather, bursts into flame. The sudden flare of heat forces both you and your sul'dam to step away from each other.
It is a brief moment until you realize that you no longer feel the sul'dams will beating down upon your own.


Aiel HP 123/80 | AC 26 (T 25, FF 22) | CMD 27 | F +7 | R +12 | W +5 | Init +8 | Per +16

I've lost track of where the rounds are, so just let me know when you want my next action.


Human (Aiel) Algai 2 / Wilder 5 / Wise One 2 HPs (89) | F+ (10); R + (10); W+ (12)| Perc +17
Spoiler:
Weaves Remaining: 5/5 0lvl; 5/5 1st; 5/5 2nd; 4/4 3rd; 2/2 4th; 1/1 5th

yeah, same here. This is still the same round that we were forming the circle, right?


20 years gaming, 15 yrs DM

i think everyone has gone. the women have linked. jolair went. ryvin went. rhoekk went. amar, amorial, ryland are chatting with the guards.

round 4 summary

Rhoekk, proving once again how an Aiel goes to battle, slips over the hedge and fence into Jareen's property. The one power effectively distracting everyone, even the guard who is supposed to be watching the back area, enables rhoekk to slip across the open ground without being seen.

Litheene, tesliin, alathea, and fia all grasp hands and link, increasing the magnitude of their channeling ability.

Amorial, ryland, and Amar are taken aback as one of the guards requests a trial by arms for some of those in his command, as a means to bring them honor in life or in death.

Jolair, having watched the choosen sul'dam and damane with disinterest, channels weaves of fire; the metal and leather leash suddenly sprouts fire and melts, snapping the connection between ryvin and her sul'dam.

Ryvin, having been forced to push against the shield, and litterally dragged across the ground, is now finding herself free of her former leash holders grasp. The still hot metal steaming as a small glob falls to the sandy ground.

feel free to post round 5


Female Human Seanchan Wilder 2 / Initiate 3 / Aes Sedai 5

Wait, shouldn't the other damane get an attempt to roll against my shield? I guess we have no idea what the matron did if she didn't cut the ward.


20 years gaming, 15 yrs DM

i already did that roll, but didnt get a chance to fluff it out properly. as for the matron...well, she is behind that ward that prevents people from channelling through it.


Female Human Wilder 9; Init +3 (+1 Dex., +2 Duelist feat); Senses Perception +4 Defense 21 (+1 Dex., +6 Def. bonus, +4 chain shirt) hp 50/68 Fort +10; Ref +7; Will +10

This is all dependent on Ryvin's being able to get away.

Ryvin's eyes widen, then briefly lock on those of 'her' sul'dam. She smiles. The expression on her face is almost tender, but the look in her eyes is one of pure malice, hatred red and black.

"Catch you later," Ryvin says in a low voice. Then she gathers up her skirts and dashes away, headed for the people she was fighting just a moment ago and away from the Seanchan.

"Drop my shield!" she screams at the top of her voice. "I'm loose! Drop my shield!"

Ryvin double-moves to get around the Wall of Air; I assume she can still see the flows, even though she's still shielded, or that she can at least remember where the wall was. She tries to get as close to the party as she can.
Now I know, as you know, that the a'dam still works without the chain, but Ryvin wouldn't know it any better than most sul'dam, so she thinks she's free to channel.


Human (Aiel) Algai 2 / Wilder 5 / Wise One 2 HPs (89) | F+ (10); R + (10); W+ (12)| Perc +17
Spoiler:
Weaves Remaining: 5/5 0lvl; 5/5 1st; 5/5 2nd; 4/4 3rd; 2/2 4th; 1/1 5th

Remind me how this works.. If someone holds a shield and then later joins a linked circle, do they still control the shield weave? Are they able to manipulate weaves previously cast before joining? Is the leader now in control? Or is it 'stuck'. On a somewhat related note, I really need to reread the books... haha


Female Human Seanchan Wilder 2 / Initiate 3 / Aes Sedai 5

Sadly, from the books it's not so easy to release from an adam. The leash is just for show. As long as she has the collar, it still functions. The reason I wanted the leash destroyed, is for us to bring her closer without the suldam dragging along, and then remove the collar.
However, if Rizz meant to house rule it differently, it can be understood, as this whole part is very mute in the rule books.

Fia - this is not specified from what I remember, and is actually a very interesting question. However, the shield is tied off, and regarding tied off weaves, I barely need to see them to release them, as per the feat. So I guess it can be released.


Female Human Wilder 9; Init +3 (+1 Dex., +2 Duelist feat); Senses Perception +4 Defense 21 (+1 Dex., +6 Def. bonus, +4 chain shirt) hp 50/68 Fort +10; Ref +7; Will +10

We're all on board with my character screaming for release because she couldn't possibly know it works fine without the connecting leash, and her not calling for freedom now she no longer feels the sul'dam's will working on her would have been metagaming, right? ^^;


Female Human Seanchan Wilder 2 / Initiate 3 / Aes Sedai 5

Actually, you are right, it makes sense as your character won't know this either. The Suldam probably stopped temporarily out of confusion. Total majority of them also have no idea the leash is not part of the adam, so it might take her time to realize you aren't actually free, if she even notices in the heat of battle.


20 years gaming, 15 yrs DM

ok. time out! No more OOC speculation about the adam. I said ryvin is free, she is free. Nuff said. No i will not elaborate about that, because this ties in with the plot. So far as everyone is concerned, you need the leash. Litheene, since your background is that you created the adam's, then you have theoretical knowledge about the leash not needing to be connected. But its just conjecture at this time.


Human (Aiel) Algai 2 / Wilder 5 / Wise One 2 HPs (89) | F+ (10); R + (10); W+ (12)| Perc +17
Spoiler:
Weaves Remaining: 5/5 0lvl; 5/5 1st; 5/5 2nd; 4/4 3rd; 2/2 4th; 1/1 5th

Rnd 5:

Fia stares hard at the weaves flashing back and forth below. I don't have an opening. The Aes Sedai, she's weaved a ward around the elder woman. I can't weave into it, nor she out.

Action: Ready a shield to cut the matron (or any other channeler reinforcements that might show up off from the source should opportunity allow).


20 years gaming, 15 yrs DM

1d20 + 10 ⇒ (9) + 10 = 19


Aiel HP 123/80 | AC 26 (T 25, FF 22) | CMD 27 | F +7 | R +12 | W +5 | Init +8 | Per +16

Rhoekk creeps silently through the hedge, moving in the Aiel way to help remain unseen. At the end of the hedge (R21), poised to strike against the women on the patio, he looks at each pair closely, determining which, if any, are still a threat. Take ten on Stealth for 36, take ten on perception for 25.


20 years gaming, 15 yrs DM

overchannel check 1 level higher1d20 + 16 ⇒ (5) + 16 = 21

Joliar steps infront of the linked female channelers. He turns his head to the side and addresses them
we have to move. NOW! jolial barks out in his dead tone.

A sliver of light appears in front of Jolair, and then warps and first creates a black hole, then swirls again and you can see dried grass and leaves. The hole is large enough that it blocks out the window, and cuts off your sight into the courtyard.


Human (Aiel) Algai 2 / Wilder 5 / Wise One 2 HPs (89) | F+ (10); R + (10); W+ (12)| Perc +17
Spoiler:
Weaves Remaining: 5/5 0lvl; 5/5 1st; 5/5 2nd; 4/4 3rd; 2/2 4th; 1/1 5th

Fiallain looks up, startled. What? Why, what's happening? She nods to the other women, indicating she will go last through.


Female Ebou Dari Wilder 6/(former potential) Aes Sedai 4
current stats:
hp 36/52, weaves remaining 6/6/6/4/3/2/1

With her concentration taken by the ecstasy of holding onto as much saidar as she can, it takes Alathea a moment to register Joliar's demand. With a glance to ensure that her Circle-mates are not yet following the man's demand, she plants herself firmly and scowls at the man, then scowls at Fiallain for her gesture. "We will most certainly not be moving without a better explanation. We have a task to finish here, and even if we didn't, we will not be abandoning our other companions to whatever danger you think we are in."

Alathea's round 5 action is to maintain her part of the Circle.


Male Kandor Borderlander Woodsman 1, Armsman 5, Warder 2

I wonder how many of this Lost Ogeir clan of Gardeners will be comeing for their support, I wonder how all this could be here under the Aiel noses and them not no; impossible really, Aiel have sharp eyes. I wonder if Aiel play the game of Houses


Init +5; Senses:Low Light Vision, Scent, See 2x far in daylight, Perception: +13

Ryland looks over his shoulder and shrugs. "I think we shall find out soon."


20 years gaming, 15 yrs DM

front doors

2 men step forward, wearing similar armor compared to those they march with. The only difference is the orange slash across their chest.
bowing to their commander, the stand infront of you and the one on the left speaks.

I am hojin. I have dishonored my fellow soldiers by fleeing in combat instead of standing with my men and fighting. As a result of my actions, my men were all killed, along with 3 other officers. I have much to atone, and only by winning at singular combat or death will my honor be resolved

the one on the right speaks
i am Cij. I insulted one of the Blood, and my punishment is to fight to restore honor, not only for myself, but for the Blood as well. I hope that the blood spilled today will wash away the shame and dishonor.

Both men bow to amar and ryland, bow to their officer, and then draw swords and stand ready.

The officer speaks up
please, choose amongst yourself who will fight Cij, and who will fight Hojin


Init +5; Senses:Low Light Vision, Scent, See 2x far in daylight, Perception: +13

Ryland glances at Amar then steps out of the building to stand across from Hojin. "I am Ryland of Fal Dara. Peace be with you. May you find your honor." The woodsman readies his father's father's sword and waits.


Male Kandor Borderlander Woodsman 1, Armsman 5, Warder 2

I cannot help you, my oath binds me to another path. May peace favor your sword

A'mar stands ready in the doorway fully prepared for battle.
to Ryland quietly
our duty is to guard those upstairs, out there you could be easily surrounded; this ploy seems to be effectively doing that, what is your greater duty?


Init +5; Senses:Low Light Vision, Scent, See 2x far in daylight, Perception: +13

Ryland's yellow eyes flash as he speaks quietly over his shoulder to A'Mar. "With this many they could overwhelm us by rushing the door. This way buys those others time to figure out how to escape. My duty will be met either way."


Female Human Seanchan Wilder 2 / Initiate 3 / Aes Sedai 5

Litheene feels the sweet flow of Saidar from her, the filling of the circle and power of the other women. She watches Fia, and once again feels confidence in thier success. We will beat the Seanchan and the adam. Strong as the matron is, such strength is bigger than hers.

At the cry from the yard, Litheene moves closer to the window, to see the damane she shielded and wanted to free, running towards them, calling for the shield to drop. Did Joliar destroy her adam?
Perception:1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9
Unable to see clearly, Litheene decides to let the shield drop. I must give her the chance to protect herself. Now with the circle, she won't be able to shield us, but they might recapture her if she is indeed free, while shielded.
With that, Litheene resolves the shield.

At Joliar's gate opening Litheene gestures towards the backyard We can't abandon her here! neither her, nor the Aes Sedai we freed, her face shows determination of not leaving without them.

My action for the round is to maintain the circle, and drop Ryvin's shield


Male Ogier Noble 4 Wanderer 4 Armsman 1

Amorial steps forward, "Cij, I will honor you with a swift death as my friend cannot break his own oaths, lest he lose hishonor as you have lost yours".

Amorial will raise his axe and bear his teeth at the foe holding to see what the fman does. I hold my action ready to pounce on the man if he rushes forward.


20 years gaming, 15 yrs DM
Litheene wrote:

Using another level 7 shield, like before (and here goes my last 4 slot). Targeting Ryvin, and tying it off if I succeed.

litheene, you tied off the weave. So you, or someone else, will have to either attempt to untie the weave, or cut the weave.


20 years gaming, 15 yrs DM

bowing to Amorial, Cij replies you honor me, Gardener. I hope that this will bestow great honor upon the Blood

with that, he charges forward.
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21
1d6 ⇒ 3

amorial, you have reach, so you get an AoO on Cij

Hojin steps forward and swings at Ryland.

1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13
1d6 ⇒ 3


Init +5; Senses:Low Light Vision, Scent, See 2x far in daylight, Perception: +13

Round 1
AC:21
HP:84/84

1st Power Attack: 1d20 + 14 - 1 ⇒ (14) + 14 - 1 = 27
Damage: 1d10 + 8 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 8 + 3 = 19

2nd Power Attack: 1d20 + 9 - 1 ⇒ (12) + 9 - 1 = 20
Damage: 1d10 + 8 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 8 + 3 = 20


Male Ogier Noble 4 Wanderer 4 Armsman 1

Amorial Round 1 - Reach AoO

Greataxe Attack 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20
Greataxe Damage 1d12 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10

I will also list Amorial's standard attack action for the round. Assuming the man does not go down with only a single strike.

Greataxe Attack 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15
Greataxe Damage 1d12 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10


Male Kandor Borderlander Woodsman 1, Armsman 5, Warder 2

A'mar feels great frustration and a bit of shame at this situation that is channeled to his Aes Sedai.


Human (Aiel) Algai 2 / Wilder 5 / Wise One 2 HPs (89) | F+ (10); R + (10); W+ (12)| Perc +17
Spoiler:
Weaves Remaining: 5/5 0lvl; 5/5 1st; 5/5 2nd; 4/4 3rd; 2/2 4th; 1/1 5th

btw, how is that fire doing? Is this something that could be cut or counted, or do we need a bucket brigade?


Aiel HP 123/80 | AC 26 (T 25, FF 22) | CMD 27 | F +7 | R +12 | W +5 | Init +8 | Per +16

I'm also wondering what is going on for Rhoekk... Seems like it should have taken far more than 1 round to fetch those one on one combatants; maybe more than 1 minute for that matter.. Rhoekk is unaware of that happening, or the whole new bag of crazy Joliar has broken out, and so his strategy is unchanged. As soon as he is able to see that the matron is still a threat, he intends to take down her Sul'dam. He hopes that should anything go wrong, the Aes Sedai will be there to save him.

So, he has just sneaked to the end of the hedge, is looking for his taget, and will pounce in 3, 2, 1...


20 years gaming, 15 yrs DM

the fire got snuffed out when the master ward went into effect. There wasnt enough brew time for the fire to take hold.

rhoekk, your action was to creep along to r21. what is transpiring at the front of the house is happening within the round sequence. The two men who have been dishonored were with the original guards force, so them stepping forward to have an honor duel can be done easily without wait time. What was sent for were other gardeners, and for that, i am keep track of how many rounds it will take for them to get to the front doors.

i wanted to give ryland, amorial, and amar an equal task in the action, instead of the focus being on the channelers. So having an honor duel, and the ogiers coming seemed like a good way to keep those three actively engaged.


20 years gaming, 15 yrs DM

edit. i forgot one thing

the channelers

As you stand about, looking at Joliar waiting for him to explain his actions, a loud explosion thunders on the other side of the flimsy wall that seperates you from the seanchan invaders. Wooden timbers, plaster, and lathing explode out into the room, peppering everyone with shrapnel.

damage for shrapnel1d6 ⇒ 6
jolair, fia, alathea, tesliin, litheene, please make reflex saves dc 15 for half damage from the explosion

ref save jolair1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22

will save, jolair1d20 + 10 ⇒ (4) + 10 = 14

36 - 1d20 ⇒ 36 - (20) = 16 hmmm...thisll be interesting


20 years gaming, 15 yrs DM

2d6 ⇒ (4, 3) = 7 very interesting indeed


Aiel HP 123/80 | AC 26 (T 25, FF 22) | CMD 27 | F +7 | R +12 | W +5 | Init +8 | Per +16
RIZZENMAGNUS wrote:

the fire got snuffed out when the master ward went into effect. There wasnt enough brew time for the fire to take hold.

rhoekk, your action was to creep along to r21. what is transpiring at the front of the house is happening within the round sequence. The two men who have been dishonored were with the original guards force, so them stepping forward to have an honor duel can be done easily without wait time. What was sent for were other gardeners, and for that, i am keep track of how many rounds it will take for them to get to the front doors.

i wanted to give ryland, amorial, and amar an equal task in the action, instead of the focus being on the channelers. So having an honor duel, and the ogiers coming seemed like a good way to keep those three actively engaged.

[ooc}Sure thing Rizzen. I was just a little confused about the timeline and wasn't sure if we'd been forgotten. Thanks for the update.[/ooc]


Human (Aiel) Algai 2 / Wilder 5 / Wise One 2 HPs (89) | F+ (10); R + (10); W+ (12)| Perc +17
Spoiler:
Weaves Remaining: 5/5 0lvl; 5/5 1st; 5/5 2nd; 4/4 3rd; 2/2 4th; 1/1 5th
RIZZENMAGNUS wrote:
2d6 very interesting indeed

Why do these always make me nervous?? ;) Reflex:1d20 + 10 ⇒ (20) + 10 = 30


20 years gaming, 15 yrs DM

because you have a male channeler/asha'man, the most feared thing in the WOT setting, standing infront of you who just failed his madness check...BUWAHAHAHAHA!!!


20 years gaming, 15 yrs DM

update shortly


20 years gaming, 15 yrs DM

updated map, end of round 5


20 years gaming, 15 yrs DM

ok...lil late with the update

round 5 summary

the door

Amorial and ryland agree to perform an honor duel, as amar's oaths prevent him from joining in. The seanchan warriors, after having done the proscribed ritual of notification of dishonor, engage their selected foes. both sides respond with agression and the first blood is spilled.

the channelers
Having successfully linked, Fia scans about, looking for a target to see. The others, having linked, continue to keep the link connected.

Jolair, in an odd move, suddenly opens a gateway infront of the window, blocking the sight out of, and into the room. his gruff command to get out is rebuffed with questions of why and no way. His justification is answered a moment later as the wall next to him explodes, filling the room with shrapnel.

Rhoekk creeps along inside the brush hedge, looking for an opponent to attack. His gaze sweeps left, seeing a suldam dragging a damane to the fountain. to the right is a large red dome, with two shapes barely seen within. To his front, and sul'dam and damane, huddling on the ground, the damane crying softly for some reason.
A movement to his left draws his attention to a figure, the damane is running, running as fast as her legs can go. a simple thought of a 4 year old could catch her glides through his mind as the damane rushes past.
Im free! Im free! Drop the shield the woman shouts as she sprints within arms reach of Rhoekk.
Turning his attention back upon the leashed pair, he sees something odd. the damane, once submissive and crying, is now confident. Her hand snakes forward and a red dart shoots out, a moment later impacting the side of the house, a dull explosion creating a hole in the side.


Female Borderlander Initiate 5 / Aes Sedai 3

We are on round 6 now, right? If so, Tesliin will help maintain the circle.

"Better for him to leave, more flexibility in my actions. Though I worry for him." Tesliin spares little immediate thought to the asha'man, instead focusing on the circle.

Reflex: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16

451 to 500 of 1,133 << first < prev | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / A combined effort All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.