Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

5th Mendevian Crusade Group 1 (Inactive)

Game Master WesternWolf777


501 to 550 of 1,090 << first < prev | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | next > last >>

AoO:
[dice=Beacon (19-20x3)]1d20+11; 1d8+3[/dice
Quick Stats:
HP 75; AC 28/18/27; F+9/R+4/W+12; CMD 35; Perc +5; Init +1

Sigmund hurries under Jin. He casts a cure spell from the energy of another, and holds the charge. He will try to catch Jin, delivering the spell and breaking his fall.

I got you!

Cure Serious Wounds: 3d8 + 6 ⇒ (8, 5, 5) + 6 = 24


AOO:
[dice=AOO Unarmed]1d20+13[/dice] [dice=Damage]1d6+4[/dice] #1
Group Boni:
+1 morale bonus to attacks rolls while charging; +2 morale bonus on saving throws against fear
Human Cavalier (Luring Cavalier) 7 / Monk (Zen Archer) 3 (HP 81/81; AC 25/20/23; F+13/R+10/W+15; CMD 33; Perc +26; Init +2)

Kenan fires again 2 arrows at the creature. Knowing that his shots could make a difference of life or death for Jin, he aims very thoroughly.

Arrow 1 (Perfect Strike): 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (19) + 11 = 30, 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (3) + 11 = 14 Damage: 1d8 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 11
Arrow 2 (Perfect Strike): 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (4) + 11 = 15, 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (15) + 11 = 26 Damage: 1d8 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 14


Get this updated in the morning, sorry.


AoO:
[dice=Beacon (19-20x3)]1d20+11; 1d8+3[/dice
Quick Stats:
HP 75; AC 28/18/27; F+9/R+4/W+12; CMD 35; Perc +5; Init +1

Was the creature Blinded from my Round 2 spell for Kenan & Crissor's attacks that round?


Male Elf Hexcrafter Bladebound Magus 6, Init+3, F8/R6/W8+2vs Mind Effecting,AC19/T14/FF16, 45/45HP

All or nothing. If the griffin ain't dead from the arrows, Jin goes first and if he fails his save he will pass out and fall. The griffin will wake when it hits the ground and be prone. One action to stand (provoking from who ever threatens) and another to fly again. Everyone dog pile and kill it. If he makes the save, i hope sigmund is a good catch.


Male Aasimir (Qadrian) Oracle of Metal(7) Init +3, Percep: +10, AC 26 T 13, FF 23, F: +6, R: +5, W:+8, HP: 72, CMB +10; CMD 23, SPD 40

Sirhan has a readied action so, it doesn't stand a chance.


AoO:
[dice=Beacon (19-20x3)]1d20+11; 1d8+3[/dice
Quick Stats:
HP 75; AC 28/18/27; F+9/R+4/W+12; CMD 35; Perc +5; Init +1

Good catch? Probably not. You'll get CSW plus whatever falling damage I mitigate by taking it instead.


Round 3
Initiative 11

Kenan raises his bow and unleashes two arrows at the demon spawned griffon. They both strike home, piercing deeply into the thing's chest.

Initiative 6

Crissor also sinks an arrow into it, but it's not enough to bring down the beast.

Initiative 4

Peitry's magical missiles this time pierce through the creature's wings leaving a few raggedy holes there. Droplets of green blood rain down on those below from the Griffon's many wounds.

End of Round 3
---------------------
Begin Round 4

Initiative 23

Will save 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23

Jin tries to make the beast fall asleep with his magic, but the burning rage he can see in its eyes will not allow it.

Initiative 20

Sigmund, fearing the worst gets ready to heal Jin.

Initiative 15

Sirhan moves to where the creature would fall and readies his blade.

Initiative 13

The griffon tears into Jin, hoping to use its last seconds of life to bring one of the pesky heroes down.

Bite 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (10) + 12 = 22
Damage 1d6 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9

As consciousness leaves Jin, and he begins to plummet towards the earth the griffon flies away from the group.

Jin is at -4, then takes 8d6 ⇒ (6, 1, 1, 5, 6, 3, 5, 1) = 28 falling damage. Leaving him quite dead at -32.

As Jin's body thuds into the ground with a sickening crunch, everybody knows it's too late. But Sigmund lays his spell of healing on the half-elf anyway.

Assuming you will want to Cheat Death. You have 4 hero points until this combat is over.

Cheat Death:
Cheat Death: A character can spend 2 hero points to cheat death. How this plays out is up to the GM, but generally the character is left alive, with negative hit points but stable. For example, a character is about to be slain by a critical hit from an arrow. If the character spends 2 hero points, the GM decides that the arrow pierced the character’s holy symbol, reducing the damage enough to prevent him from being killed, and that he made his stabilization roll at the end of his turn. Cheating death is the only way for a character to spend more than 1 hero point in a turn. The character can spend hero points in this way to prevent the death of a familiar, animal companion, eidolon, or special mount, but not another character or NPC.

Okay, once I hear from Jin I'll describe his miraculous recovery (presumably). Then Kenan, Crissor and Peitry can act.

Map


Male Aasimir (Qadrian) Oracle of Metal(7) Init +3, Percep: +10, AC 26 T 13, FF 23, F: +6, R: +5, W:+8, HP: 72, CMB +10; CMD 23, SPD 40

Sirhan watches in the split second it takes for the Griffon to take down Jin and fly off. He follows Jin as he falls, knowing he will only be able to help him once he is on the ground.


Male Elf Hexcrafter Bladebound Magus 6, Init+3, F8/R6/W8+2vs Mind Effecting,AC19/T14/FF16, 45/45HP

Yep. Cheat death please.


Not so fast bub, I got spells that reach to 680 feet (fireball and lightningbolt). I'm not letting that thing off the hook that easily.


DM Jelani wrote:
Okay, once I hear from Jin I'll describe his miraculous recovery (presumably). Then Kenan, Crissor and Peitry can act.

As Jin's spirit is leaving his corpse, the voice of Du Dagnir rings out loudly in his head, "GET BACK HERE! We can't let them win, there is much work yet to do." In his disembodied form Jin can see his own body below him as he floats upwards. He sees it light up bright white as Sigmund hits him with the curing spell, and several bands of ghostly white light visible only to him whip out and drag him back down into his body. The sensation of his brain reconstructing itself and his heart beginning to beat again is painful and unfamiliar. While still alive, he is unconscious. (At -8 and stable)

Rest of the round can play out now.


Male Elf Hexcrafter Bladebound Magus 6, Init+3, F8/R6/W8+2vs Mind Effecting,AC19/T14/FF16, 45/45HP

Yay!


AC 15, touch 12, flat-footed 13
hp; 43/43
Fort +4, Ref +4, Will +8 (+9 vs fear)
Effects: Bless

Spells Prepared:

CL 6, 7 evocation, DC 15 + spell level + 1 evocation. (*=Evocation, (*)=cast)
Cantrips; 4 At will. Detect Magic, Detect Undead, Ray of Frost* (1d3+2), Read Magic
1st 5+1; Burning Hands* (5d4+2 DC 18), Magic Missile x2(*)(*), Mount(*), Protection from Evil, Shield (7 rds).
2nd 5+1; False Life, Flaming Sphere*, Rope Trick, Scorching Ray* (2 rays, 4d6(+2to one)), See Invisibility, Shatter* (DC 18).
3rd 3+1; Dispel Magic(*), Fireball* (7d6+2, DC 19), Haste, Wind Wall* (80ft long, 35ft high, 8rnds, DC 19).

Peitry grabs one of his scroll cases and expertly pops the lid and draws forth a scroll. Unfurling it he gathers himself for a moment, gathering his energies and, clearing his throat, points at the monster and chants.

ASF 10%: 1d100 ⇒ 92

A bolt of lightning shoots from Peitry's finger in a straight line to envelop the fiendish griffin.

Caster Level Check: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13
Empowered Scroll Damage: 7d6 + 2 ⇒ (1, 3, 1, 3, 2, 5, 1) + 2 = 18


AOO:
[dice=AOO Unarmed]1d20+13[/dice] [dice=Damage]1d6+4[/dice] #1
Group Boni:
+1 morale bonus to attacks rolls while charging; +2 morale bonus on saving throws against fear
Human Cavalier (Luring Cavalier) 7 / Monk (Zen Archer) 3 (HP 81/81; AC 25/20/23; F+13/R+10/W+15; CMD 33; Perc +26; Init +2)

Kenan fires again 2 arrows at the creature, aiming very thoroughly.

Arrow 1 (Perfect Strike): 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (19) + 11 = 30, 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (3) + 11 = 14 Damage: 1d8 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 11
Arrow 2 (Perfect Strike): 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (6) + 11 = 17, 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (14) + 11 = 25 Damage: 1d8 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16


Male Elf Hexcrafter Bladebound Magus 6, Init+3, F8/R6/W8+2vs Mind Effecting,AC19/T14/FF16, 45/45HP

Die! Fiend. Die!


Kenan's first arrow is enough to bring the beast down. Striking the griffon in the back of its skull, the creature tumbles head over heels, before plummeting to the ground in a pile of feathers and bloody fur.

It had 1 HP left!

End Combat

550 XP each.


Peitry watches the beast pummel to the ground and gives a satisfied nod when the sound of it's carcass hitts the ground with a thump. "Bloody thing better be worth something." he mutters before grimancing and turning to Jin.

"Is he going to be alright?" he asks the healers in the group. "I have a spell of false life prepared wich will augment his life energies to give him temporary health but I think genuine healing would be better."


Male Gnoll Paladin (Divine Hunter) / 10 HP: 85/85 AC:24/14/20

Crissor moves over to Jin's body, not wasteing any time to check what his exact condition is, he mutters a quick prayer, before slapping his hands together and placing them to Jin's chest.

Lay on Hands

3d6 ⇒ (3, 3, 2) = 8


Male Elf Hexcrafter Bladebound Magus 6, Init+3, F8/R6/W8+2vs Mind Effecting,AC19/T14/FF16, 45/45HP

Restored (barely) Jin opens his eyes and coughs.
Not the smartest thing I have ever done. Did we win?


AoO:
[dice=Beacon (19-20x3)]1d20+11; 1d8+3[/dice
Quick Stats:
HP 75; AC 28/18/27; F+9/R+4/W+12; CMD 35; Perc +5; Init +1

Round 3, Init 20
Hands: Empty & Shield
AC 20
HP 45/45
Conditions: Prayer (+1 luck attack, damage, skills, saves)
Mount: riding with Pietry

Spells:

Channel Energy 6/6
Touch of Glory 8/8
Touch of Good 8/8
Extend 3/3

Spells. CL 6. DC 15/16/17/18. Conc +11. * = cast.
0th: create water, detect magic, light, stabilize.
1st: *bless, divine favor (d), *doom, sanctuary, *weapons against evil x2
2nd: bless weapon (d), *resist energy, *spear of purity, spiritual weapon, weapon of awe
3rd: *archon's aura, heroism (d), *magic circle against evil, summon monster III

Sigmund gasps as his spell draws Jin back. He is so stunned he just stands there for a second, then he shakes himself and conjures further healing. He keeps pouring magic in until he cannot see any more blood.

CSW, CMW, CLW: 3d8 + 6 + 2d8 + 6 + 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (8, 7, 4) + 6 + (4, 3) + 6 + (7) + 5 = 50

Jin, I thought we'd lost you!


Male Aasimir (Qadrian) Oracle of Metal(7) Init +3, Percep: +10, AC 26 T 13, FF 23, F: +6, R: +5, W:+8, HP: 72, CMB +10; CMD 23, SPD 40

Sirhan looks at Jin "It might not have been the smartest thing you have done, but you pretty much took down that beast on your own. You did well the Gods of Battle smiled on you today."


Male Elf Hexcrafter Bladebound Magus 6, Init+3, F8/R6/W8+2vs Mind Effecting,AC19/T14/FF16, 45/45HP

Jin smiles at the compliment.
You say took down. I say made myself annoying enough that it focused on me while you all killed it. Believe me, the role does not suit my way of fighting, but my flight only works for me. I shall have to learn the spell so Crissor can have the honor. He's more up to the task than I


Relieved that Jin seems to be clinging to life for a bit longer Peitry claps the magus on the shoulder. "Just glad you're bait and not me." he says in an attempt at humor.

"It's hard casting spell with all that rukkus of being chewed on and clawed at, I just don't have the training!"


A flying Sirhan would be almost as annoying as the 31 AC synthesist in the other party.


You'll find his weak spot, I'm sure of it ;)


Male Aasimir (Qadrian) Oracle of Metal(7) Init +3, Percep: +10, AC 26 T 13, FF 23, F: +6, R: +5, W:+8, HP: 72, CMB +10; CMD 23, SPD 40

Sirhan flying, hmmm never thought of that it would be a bit annoying, you have almost taken him down a few times though

"I wish I helped take down the beast, I was too busy readying myself to fight I never got a chance to hit it." he claps Jin on the shoulder "Can you teach me that flying trick, then I could be up there with you.". He winks at Jin then whispers "I can't stand not having my feet off the ground" then laughs


Male Elf Hexcrafter Bladebound Magus 6, Init+3, F8/R6/W8+2vs Mind Effecting,AC19/T14/FF16, 45/45HP

Had my slumber worked on the thing you would have gotten your chance. As for flying yourself, do those who use divine power even have such a spell?

Jin moves over to the creature and beheads it before the penchant on his sword wears off.
What to prove our story? Head or Talons ?


"Both." Peitry replies grimly. "Beast caused ebough trouble, least we can do is collect on it."

I forgot to roll a spellcraft check for yesterday, plan is for Peitry to be scribing on the road. Ok if I roll it now?


Sure. We ready to move on now?


Yes.

Craft check scroll of Blindness/Deafness DC 8: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (13) + 15 = 28

Cost is 71.25 gp. He'll be crafting another scroll today, I'll give the check last post for the day or first for the day after.


AoO:
[dice=Beacon (19-20x3)]1d20+11; 1d8+3[/dice
Quick Stats:
HP 75; AC 28/18/27; F+9/R+4/W+12; CMD 35; Perc +5; Init +1

Ready here.

Never one to waste a meal, Sigmund goes back and finishes lunch while the others collect the trophies.


08/23/4712 13:00

Trophies are collected, and revived companions patted on the back. But there is after all a goal in mind. The group presses on through the hot depressing landscape in the direction of the purported fort.

DM Rolls:

1d100 ⇒ 37

08/23/4712 16:00

These lands are dotted with the occasional collapsed cottage or farmhouse. Most of them have been abandoned for so long that there is barely anything left. The rest of the terrain is the same grassy scrub alternating with large rock formations. In the afternoon the group can see a huge column of black smoke off in the distance. Riding closer to investigate, they can see the smoking remains of some sort of large barn, and next to it two smaller collapsed buildings. There appear to be several corpses in a pile in front of the burnt up barn.


"We going to investigate this?" Peitry asks the group from atop his mount. "Do we have a tracker in the group? Jin, weren't you somewhat proficient at it?"


AoO:
[dice=Beacon (19-20x3)]1d20+11; 1d8+3[/dice
Quick Stats:
HP 75; AC 28/18/27; F+9/R+4/W+12; CMD 35; Perc +5; Init +1

I would rather explore now then have the marauders that did this ambush us while we sleep.


"Alright." Peitry agrees with a sigh. "If the rest of you agree...?"


Male Elf Hexcrafter Bladebound Magus 6, Init+3, F8/R6/W8+2vs Mind Effecting,AC19/T14/FF16, 45/45HP
Peitry Valzarion wrote:
"We going to investigate this?" Peitry asks the group from atop his mount. "Do we have a tracker in the group? Jin, weren't you somewhat proficient at it?"

Not really my friend. My trade was as a lab assistant and alchemist, which in am quite proficient at. When I said I was a decent scout, I simply meant I have a keen eye and a talent for moving quietly. With the odd spell I can do a good job as a sneak. So no, tracking is not part of my skill set. I met an Inquisitior once who was quite good.

Jin stops everyone a little short as they approach and discounts to have a look at the tracks.
[ooc]Survival: Track[/b]1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20
Thankfully though, there seems to be plenty of sign on the ground


The two smaller buldings are untouched by fire, their demise was caused by age. The corpses in front of the barn (8 or 9, hard to tell) are rotted and naked, and covered with various sorts of postmortem wounds (evidenced by the lack of blood). There is also a skeletal figure full of purple ichor smashed next to the barn. Inside the the ashes of the barn itself, there can been seen a dozen or so more charred skeletons piled up in front of where the door was. One of the houses has an open trap door next to it, leading down to a cellar. As far as tracks, there are six sets coming in, having a big fight and then leaving. They look to be about a day or two old.


Male Gnoll Paladin (Divine Hunter) / 10 HP: 85/85 AC:24/14/20

"I hate to speak of the obvious but I don't like the way this looks." Crissor has his bow out and an arrow ready just in case. "Reckon we should check that cellar door? There might still be some survivors." The gnoll speaks partly hoping to himself, but his tone is one of severe doubt.


Six sets of prints? Is one set larger than the rest? Also; check if you see dinososour tracks in there, I'm thinking this might be the handywork of our friendly competitive demon hunting group. We're not hte only ones walking these wastes. Also, can you tell wich way they headed after the fight?"

Survival Aid Another DC 10: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19


Male Elf Hexcrafter Bladebound Magus 6, Init+3, F8/R6/W8+2vs Mind Effecting,AC19/T14/FF16, 45/45HP

Jin draws his blade. There were six. Unless the bodies were piled here after they may have died altogether. The damage is consistent with evocation, but some of the damage was post mortem. We could attempt to follow the tracks, but my skill in that is lacking. I will have to learn as I go. We should check downstairs.


There are both dinosaur prints, and one set larger than the others. All the wounds are post mortem. The corpses have been rotten for a long time. The tracks are the thing that were a day or two old.

Downstairs is also burnt, but there is a low stone slab at the far end of the room. Beyond that is a hand dug passageway that leads to under the barn. The other end is blocked by burnt wood and debris.


Male Elf Hexcrafter Bladebound Magus 6, Init+3, F8/R6/W8+2vs Mind Effecting,AC19/T14/FF16, 45/45HP

Dinosaur prints. One is larger than the rest. The Alpha perhaps? We should have a quick look about but if nothing of note presents, perhaps we should just continue on. I surmise the dinosaur smelt the carrion and came for an easy meal.


No, there are six sets of humanoid tracks. One of them is larger than the rest. There is also a set of dinosaur prints with them. Ie. Peitry is correct.


AoO:
[dice=Beacon (19-20x3)]1d20+11; 1d8+3[/dice
Quick Stats:
HP 75; AC 28/18/27; F+9/R+4/W+12; CMD 35; Perc +5; Init +1

Knowledge Religion: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (13) + 10 = 23

Sigmund dismounts and inspects the corpses. He takes care to ensure they are all dead, and heads into the barn.

Looks like some zombies and a morgh. I bet it was the others (haven't ever read the group 2 thread since PVP possible).


Those corpses were definitely zombies at some point, and oh yeah, that was also a morgh.


AoO:
[dice=Beacon (19-20x3)]1d20+11; 1d8+3[/dice
Quick Stats:
HP 75; AC 28/18/27; F+9/R+4/W+12; CMD 35; Perc +5; Init +1

This threat has already been dealt with. Let us continue on.


AOO:
[dice=AOO Unarmed]1d20+13[/dice] [dice=Damage]1d6+4[/dice] #1
Group Boni:
+1 morale bonus to attacks rolls while charging; +2 morale bonus on saving throws against fear
Human Cavalier (Luring Cavalier) 7 / Monk (Zen Archer) 3 (HP 81/81; AC 25/20/23; F+13/R+10/W+15; CMD 33; Perc +26; Init +2)

Maybe. But nevertheless, we should look around, if they have overlooked something.


AoO:
[dice=Beacon (19-20x3)]1d20+11; 1d8+3[/dice
Quick Stats:
HP 75; AC 28/18/27; F+9/R+4/W+12; CMD 35; Perc +5; Init +1

Sigmund nods. He will help whoever is searching.

Take 10 on perception for +2 Aid Another to search


Male Elf Hexcrafter Bladebound Magus 6, Init+3, F8/R6/W8+2vs Mind Effecting,AC19/T14/FF16, 45/45HP

Jin keeps his blade out in front as he searches. Unbeknownst to the others, Dur Dagnir was sentient and could see and hear to look about as well

Help me look around my shadow.
I will warn you if i see anything.

Perception: Jin 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (4) + 12 = 16
Perception: Aid another: Dur Dagnir 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

501 to 550 of 1,090 << first < prev | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / 5th Mendevian Crusade Group 1 All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.