Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

5th Mendevian Crusade Group 1 (Inactive)

Game Master WesternWolf777


1 to 50 of 1,090 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

This is your last chance to buy gear before you head out. Don't forget food and water. Also feel free to finish up any roleplaying, but whenever you're ready…

08/18/4712 07:00 Day 2

The morning finds you packing your gear and preparing for your expedition. Once everyone has gathered, you head out of the keep past the great statues of St. Clydwell. Yours is not the only group making its way down the dusty road to the river docks this morning, you see at least two or three other groups of crusaders headed there as well. The trip is short, less than half a mile. Barely any time to appreciate the lovely summer morning. As you approach the docks themselves there is a stone, fort-like building and extending from it a small dock with three large flat bottomed river-ferries moored there. The ten foot wide double doors to the building stand open, and there is a cleric sitting at a desk just outside them. He is a human man with no hair, the cuffs of his white robes are stained with ink. Before him on the table is a stack of papers along with a silver quill and jar of ink, next to them is a stick of white wax and a seal.

"Hello! Right this way please. We'll get your charter signed, and you'll be off." he calls out, motioning you closer. "Quick as you like." He seems harried, possibly a bit overworked and underpaid. Once you are close he asks, "Right then, who's your spokesperson?"


Male Elf Hexcrafter Bladebound Magus 6, Init+3, F8/R6/W8+2vs Mind Effecting,AC19/T14/FF16, 45/45HP

Jin Hops off his newly acquired donkey. He waited awhile for any of the others to speak up. The oracle or Paladin perhaps? But with no one forth coming he.steps to the front. Having discussed a little the night before about where NOT to go, today was to be a 'feeler' excursion. Find the lay of the land. Hopefully slay a couple of minor demons. Learn each others moves. Make some coin.

I guess I will suffice for now. What do you need us to sign?

Ragathiel, guide and protect us on this day. The first and with unfamiliar allies, will be most dangerous
The angel hears you Jin. He and I are both with you. Now let's kill some demons


The cleric peers at Jin through his thick eyebrows, over the top of his glasses, "Do you require a magical contract, or will a writ of authority suffice? If you don't trust your companions I can write up a contract to enforce certain rules. Otherwise I'll give you the standard 'We hearby grant you the authority blah blah'." He rests each hand on two different stacks of paper. "What'll it be sonny? Keep in mind, your friends will have to sign it willingly."


AOO:
[dice=AOO Unarmed]1d20+13[/dice] [dice=Damage]1d6+4[/dice] #1
Group Boni:
+1 morale bonus to attacks rolls while charging; +2 morale bonus on saving throws against fear
Human Cavalier (Luring Cavalier) 7 / Monk (Zen Archer) 3 (HP 81/81; AC 25/20/23; F+13/R+10/W+15; CMD 33; Perc +26; Init +2)

This is would be a nice opportunity to strengthen the pact with our allied group. I think, we should wait here for them, to write down the agreements, which we had discussed.

I think the following would be acceptable:

We, the signatories of this document pledge hereby the following:
- To share all that is found at our adventures to split equally between all members of the party. If two members want the same thing, they should bid for it and the price should be charged on the winners share.
- To support the party at their prowess
- Not to cheat members of the party.

In addition, we hereby pledge in unity with the signatories of the attached document:
- Not to actively hinder the other party
- To cooperate between hopefully be claimed territories in form of
- A non-aggression pact
- Aid in defense
- promotion of trade routes

Has someone of you any suggestions for improvement or supplementation?


The other group of crusaders, led by Nathaniel stands nearby. They are talking with the same cleric as Jin.


Since Kenan reposted his proposal in the original gameplay thread, lets handle group to group interaction there please.

Sczarni

Male Human

Going on a trip for about 3 hours or so will post on both threads when I get there.


Peitry follows the group from the keep to the ferries by the river quietly, though he looks to have finally gotten his bath as he's squeaky clean and smelling nice he wears a sullen look. The prospect of traveling into strange, hell-infested lands with companions he barely knows does not excite him. 'So far, so good.' he tries to reassure himself. 'Noone has shown any signs of untrustworthyness, let them prove themselves.' Peitry had seen adventuring- and small mercenary parties on his travel through Avistan to get here, he had seen the camaradice they shared and, admittedly, been somewhat envious of what they had. He had surmised that that kind of bond was only forged with surviving the various hazards such groups faced. Living to tell the tale so too speak. And, while he was reviewing his spells for memorization this morning, had decided to do his utmost to keep the member of the party alive. He had his studies, sure, but he knew he would not survive the Worldwound by himself.

When Kenan brings up the issue of a written agreement Peitry's interest is piqued. Such a thing might be just the thing they needed, if the wording was right anyway.


Assuming that group signs and heads out. If any of you need to make last minutes purchases or anything else, just put it in OOC in your next post. We'll say it happened before you left.

Contract:
We, the signatories of this document hereby pledge the following:

- To share all that is found in the Worldwound equally between all members of the party. If two signatories want the same object or land, they will bid for it and the price will be removed from the winner's share of liquid assets (ie. Coins or Gems).

- To do no deliberate harm to a fellow signatory.

- To take always action in the defense of the other signatories, within all reasonable expectation.

Reasonable expectation will be determined by Iomedae whose power enforces this document.

Signed this 8th day of Arodus AR 4712,

As the six of you scrawl your names with the silver quill, the cleric holds the white wax over the paper and melts a small puddle of it with a candle. He then takes the big seal and stamps it down onto the wax, there is a brief flash and sparkle as the magic takes effect. The upright longsword symbol of Iomedae now rests in the wax on the paper. "Alright folks, that'll do it. One last warning, too many groups been going out and not coming back. Don't wander too far in, a lot of demons can teleport themselves as often as they like. If you run into something bigger and badder than you, you're gonna want to be able to make it to the safety to the border as quickly as possible. Just head through there, and they'll take you across on the ferry. Good luck!" he says pointing to the stone building next to the dock.


08/18/4712 07:45 Day 2

The ferry ride across the river takes about twenty minutes, the water is fast running and smells strongly of sulfur and decay. It's an odd brownish red color. On the far bank is a small staging area where a dozen paladins arm ballistae pointed away from the Mendev side of the border. Along with the paladins are several people who could only be arcane casters, standing vigilantly in their robes. Before you stretches an open plain. It's already five degrees hotter than it was on the other side of the river. Most of the ground is dry sun baked dirt, cracked and devoid of plant life. The plants you do see are tough looking yellowish grasses, short thorn covered bushes and few and far between some short twisted trees gathered into small groves.

So where do you want to go? You can either start exploring this hex completely, or cross it heading in any direction you please.

*Here's* a map specifically for this group, I will track your progress on it, and mark anything you find. You can choose whether or not to share any information you end up with when you return to the keep. The blue dot is you, in case that isn't clear enough.

*Gameplay tab* has the travel speed info. Who is the slowest one in the group?


male dwarf ranger/6

I move 20 so I am probably the slowest.


Male Elf Hexcrafter Bladebound Magus 6, Init+3, F8/R6/W8+2vs Mind Effecting,AC19/T14/FF16, 45/45HP

Well, here we are. Since this is our first real outing together should we just explore the surrounding lands, near here. Far enough that we may find a demon and sort out our capabilities, not far from Inodean support?


male dwarf ranger/6

I say we go forward one hex since I am assuming we are still on the border and cant not claim these lands for ourselves. BTW what are dying lights?

We could or move orward just a bit off the border, im wanting ta find some decent mining oppertunities for me clan.


Dying Light is the name of a old Sarkorian city, now lost to the wound. By forward do you mean northwest?


male dwarf ranger/6

Yes west sorry


AOO:
[dice=AOO Unarmed]1d20+13[/dice] [dice=Damage]1d6+4[/dice] #1
Group Boni:
+1 morale bonus to attacks rolls while charging; +2 morale bonus on saving throws against fear
Human Cavalier (Luring Cavalier) 7 / Monk (Zen Archer) 3 (HP 81/81; AC 25/20/23; F+13/R+10/W+15; CMD 33; Perc +26; Init +2)

I've studied the map. I think the best opportunity to found a settlement is in one of the old Sarkorian towns or forts. When we look at the map, we see, that there is one furthermost from the demon towns and near the border of the wound. It lies 125 miles in the southwest of Kenabres. I think we should try to found there our settlement.

I think furthermore, that mobility will be a vital in these dangerous lands. I don't want to offend you, Rogarson, but you are a threat to all, when you will go on foot. If we have to retreat, you will be slower as most enemies.
I offer to lend some of my remaining money to those, who can't afford a horse.

Kenan buys the following:
- 18 Rations 9GP 18lb
- 8 Waterskins 8GM 36lb


Made the map editable, so you guys can leave notes. Please don't mess with the background, if you want to add something just put it in a text box

Once on the other side of the river you see the other group made up of the giant she-devil, the druid, the flying elf, the sorcerer and the dwarf begin making their way south and west.


AOO:
[dice=AOO Unarmed]1d20+13[/dice] [dice=Damage]1d6+4[/dice] #1
Group Boni:
+1 morale bonus to attacks rolls while charging; +2 morale bonus on saving throws against fear
Human Cavalier (Luring Cavalier) 7 / Monk (Zen Archer) 3 (HP 81/81; AC 25/20/23; F+13/R+10/W+15; CMD 33; Perc +26; Init +2)

When I've remember the abilities of us corecctly, we have at the moment the following group composition:

Jin: Melee Combat, Ranged Combat, Arcane Magic, Hexes
Sirhan: Melee Combat, Ranged Combat, Clerical Magic
Crissor: Ranged Combat, Melee Combat, Clerical Magic
Rogarson: Melee Combat, Scout, Wolf
Myself: Ranged Combat, Melee Combat, Scout
Peitry: Arcane Magic

This means, that our composition is quite well rounded.

I think, Sirhan and Rogarson should take the lead, followed by Jin, Peitry and Crissor. I'll take over the rear cover. Our weakest target, Peitry is thus good covered.


AOO:
[dice=AOO Unarmed]1d20+13[/dice] [dice=Damage]1d6+4[/dice] #1
Group Boni:
+1 morale bonus to attacks rolls while charging; +2 morale bonus on saving throws against fear
Human Cavalier (Luring Cavalier) 7 / Monk (Zen Archer) 3 (HP 81/81; AC 25/20/23; F+13/R+10/W+15; CMD 33; Perc +26; Init +2)

My vote for our travel would be to move quickly to my proposed position and explore the surrounding.


male dwarf ranger/6

looks up at Kenan Borjigon " I can make my self just as fast as ye' for several hours each day thank ya, I do agree that a mount may be a decent idea but I can not ride very well looks around Is every one else trained in riding? Being atop a scared animal not knowing how to ride would be very risky as well. I think that we should move on foot yes it is slower, but we have to take care of the mounts, heal them and they take resources, also im not found of simply riding atop any animal as if it is my slave. " Pats my wolf " Triff and I are dear friends over years.

Rogarson buys the following:
- 20 Rations 10GP 20lb
- 1 Waterskins 1GM 4.5lb


"Just anywhere but that way." Peitry says hooking a thumb at the departing goup. "Finding our own path is preferable to folling in theirs."

"I have a scroll of mount at hand and I can empower the scroll so it will serve me for fourteen hours before I need to summon a new one so you can count me as mounted during our travels."

"I agree with Kenan's proposed marching order and your suggested direction." Peitry waits for others to make the first move but when the group heads out he uncorks a scrollcase and fishes out a scroll. Setting his feet he intones from the scroll, gesturing into the air summoning magical energies to his hands to form a ghostly outline of a horse right next too him.

Arcane spell failiure 10%; 1d100 ⇒ 59; Success.
Using Empower Scroll.

The horse materializes for Peitry and he mounts it up and follows.


male dwarf ranger/6

sees everyone else mount up " well if ya'll are mounted suppose I got no choice in tha matter but don blame me if they get hurt"

Rogarson purchases riding horse 75 gp

Mounts up as best I can

I agree with the direction suppose makes me first which way was it again after reciveing directions he will depart when all other party members are ready to go


Male Gnoll Paladin (Divine Hunter) / 10 HP: 85/85 AC:24/14/20

"Your not the only one that isn't used to riding Rogarson, But I agree if for some reason there is a need to flee to better or more defensivable ground we can't risk leaving anyone." The gnoll rubs the back of his head, hoping nothing jumps out at him while riding.

Crissor buys a riding horse 75gp

Crissor looks at his bag of dwindling coins and back to his new horse. "Please don't drop me. I have a thick skull but not that thick"

Crissor mounts up as well. "To the west then."


AOO:
[dice=AOO Unarmed]1d20+13[/dice] [dice=Damage]1d6+4[/dice] #1
Group Boni:
+1 morale bonus to attacks rolls while charging; +2 morale bonus on saving throws against fear
Human Cavalier (Luring Cavalier) 7 / Monk (Zen Archer) 3 (HP 81/81; AC 25/20/23; F+13/R+10/W+15; CMD 33; Perc +26; Init +2)

Then we have the following speed:
Kenan 50ft
Crissor 50ft
Rogarson 50ft
Peitry 50ft
Jin 50
Sirhan ?

I have made a coordinate system for the map to better designate specific hexes. The hex I meant is K5.

Jin, I suppose your slightly ashamed look means, that you can't afford to buy a horse. I'll buy one for you.

I would suggest the following route to our goal:
First going south-west (M7) and try to outrun the other group, then turning to the south for 50 miles (M5). From there my proposal would be to explore the land to the west till we get to our goal (K5).


As the group heads out Peitry begins droning on about his concerns with the travels. "On another note, how are we regarding rations? Can anyone produce food or water? I've got rations for seven days and a full waterskin but I'd frankly rather not have to resort to living of the land, who knows what effects the Worldwound has had on the flora or fauna of theses lands and I'd prefer to eat only what we bring with us till we can be at least relatively sure about the foods safety."

Peitry seems to have plenty of concerns, so he plows on into the next subject. "Also, how do you propose to carry out our explorations? Might I suggest a cautious approach? I'd like to recommend that we fully explore the areas we pass through. As is, we have no cause to hurry and knowing the land as well as we can will only aid us if ever we have to make a run for it."

Kind of wish Peitry's charisma was lower with the way I'm RPing him so far...
Btw Jin; We never finished up with our RP on peeking at each others spellbooks, was there a particular spell that caught your interrest?


AOO:
[dice=AOO Unarmed]1d20+13[/dice] [dice=Damage]1d6+4[/dice] #1
Group Boni:
+1 morale bonus to attacks rolls while charging; +2 morale bonus on saving throws against fear
Human Cavalier (Luring Cavalier) 7 / Monk (Zen Archer) 3 (HP 81/81; AC 25/20/23; F+13/R+10/W+15; CMD 33; Perc +26; Init +2)

I can't, but I have food for several weeks in my saddlebags and our first 100 miles will be near the river.


Male Aasimir (Qadrian) Oracle of Metal(7) Init +3, Percep: +10, AC 26 T 13, FF 23, F: +6, R: +5, W:+8, HP: 72, CMB +10; CMD 23, SPD 40

Sirhan looks around "Though I can't ride if we get into something serious, but I know the basics." looking at Peitry "I can't create food or water but if we find some that has spoiled I can make it edible, so don't worry about eating." thinking he should leave it there but doesn't "You could always buy more food."

Sirhan listens to Kenan's travel plan "That sound good, but do we gain anything for beating the other group. Being more thorough now might prevent something sneaking up on us later."

- 20 Rations 10GP 20lb
- 5 Waterskins 5GM 22.5lb
- riding horse 75 gp


AOO:
[dice=AOO Unarmed]1d20+13[/dice] [dice=Damage]1d6+4[/dice] #1
Group Boni:
+1 morale bonus to attacks rolls while charging; +2 morale bonus on saving throws against fear
Human Cavalier (Luring Cavalier) 7 / Monk (Zen Archer) 3 (HP 81/81; AC 25/20/23; F+13/R+10/W+15; CMD 33; Perc +26; Init +2)

Then we have an Speed of 50ft over land.


Male Elf Hexcrafter Bladebound Magus 6, Init+3, F8/R6/W8+2vs Mind Effecting,AC19/T14/FF16, 45/45HP

Well, I did buy the donkey. And I can cast a mount spell which lasts for 12 hours. If you insist though. I have a bit of food and water, but like I said, my ring means I have no need for it and only 2 hours sleep a day.

You have 10 spells I want but I have no more gold to scribe them into my book. I'll wait till later. If you have cash to scribe from mine, go ahead


Male Gnoll Paladin (Divine Hunter) / 10 HP: 85/85 AC:24/14/20

"I agree with Sirhan, just because we can move faster now, doesn't mean we should, if we have to run I'd like to make sure Laguna here isn't worn out." he pats the horse on the neck gently, still getting used to riding. "As far as supplies I think I can make a prayer for a spell that brings forth fresh water, it's not normally what I ask for but if the time comes it can be done."


Male Elf Hexcrafter Bladebound Magus 6, Init+3, F8/R6/W8+2vs Mind Effecting,AC19/T14/FF16, 45/45HP

Am I the only one carrying a healing wand? Just checking, between Sirhan and Crissor we have plenty. My preference is use the wand but Jin doesn't heal in combat.


Male Aasimir (Qadrian) Oracle of Metal(7) Init +3, Percep: +10, AC 26 T 13, FF 23, F: +6, R: +5, W:+8, HP: 72, CMB +10; CMD 23, SPD 40

I have 2 cure light wands, and spell if we need in combat healing. Not being a Cleric I have no Channel Positive Energy so that could hurt us. That being said i have the Potential to have 8 CLW, 6 CMW and 4 CSW a day so we should be good.


Okay, if you explore each hex as you go, even with 50' movement that's going to be a very large undertaking. 6 total hexes by my count, which will take 12 days. SW->SW->S->S->SW->NW

It's hot enough that you need endure elements if you don't have fire resistance.

08/18/4712 Day 2

Despite the heat, the morning's journey goes by quickly, the endless burnt grasses passing by, the group rides in a zig zag formation back and forth across the plain, making their way slowly south west. This is an empty inhospitable land in it's current state. You mostly see nothing, there is the occasional form moving far across the plain, but they avoid the column of dust kicked up by your mounts.

1d100 ⇒ 69
1d6 ⇒ 2

12:30

Around noontime, you see another column of dust approaching you from the south west. It appears to be still half a mile away or more.

Perception DC 15:

You can make out two mounted figures.

Percetpion DC 20:

You see two humanoid figures riding horses. They are garbed in black, and are carrying lances.

Updated travel map

Those of you without endure elements or fire resistance need to make 5 Fortitude saves. Starting at DC 15, and going up by one each save. Wearing armor adds a -4 penalty to the roll. Failing a save gives you 1d4 points of nonlethal damage. Characters trained in survival can make a DC 15 check to avoid the heat, but need move at half speed thus reducing the whole group's speed. For everyone 1 by which they exceed DC 15, they can help another character.


Oh yeah, everyone who memorizes spells, can you post what you took today in a spoiler with your next post please?


Male Elf Hexcrafter Bladebound Magus 6, Init+3, F8/R6/W8+2vs Mind Effecting,AC19/T14/FF16, 45/45HP

Fort Save1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13
Fort Save1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20
Fort Save1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21
Fort Save1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15
Fort Save1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20
-4 for armor is 2 failed saves.Nonlethal 2d4 ⇒ (4, 3) = 7

Today's Spells:

Magus Spells (CL 6, P=Prepped) 0- DC 16(at will, all spells known) P- Prestidgiation P- Brand P- Detect Magic P- Light P- Mage Hand

1-DC17 (6/day) P- Rime Frostbite P- Intensified Shocking Grasp P- Shield P- Vanish P- Ill Omen P- Grease

2- DC18 5/day P-Mirror Image P- Glitterdust P- Tactical Acumen P-Invisibility P-Frigid Touch

From the back of his borrowed mount, Jin has been scanning the horizon, despite the bright light hurting his lavender eyes.
Perception, minus Dazzled1d20 + 12 - 1 ⇒ (8) + 12 - 1 = 19

There are 2 riders approaching. Can't quite make out if they bear a standard.


Male Gnoll Paladin (Divine Hunter) / 10 HP: 85/85 AC:24/14/20

Fort Save 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (7) + 10 = 17
Fort Save 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (20) + 10 = 30
Fort Save 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (12) + 10 = 22
Fort Save 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (2) + 10 = 12
Fort Save 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (8) + 10 = 18

Looks like with -4 penalty thats 3d4 ⇒ (1, 2, 4) = 7

The spells for the day:

Divine Favor
Cure Light Wounds

The next time I'm swapping DF for Endure Elements.

Perception

Crissor looks on, his eyes squinting as the heat bore down trying to make out the riders and if they were friend or foe. He already has his bow out and ready to reach back for an arrow.

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21


With the penalty for your armor added in that's three failures Crissor. Take 3d4 ⇒ (4, 2, 3) = 9 nonlethal damage.


Male Gnoll Paladin (Divine Hunter) / 10 HP: 85/85 AC:24/14/20

Saw Jin roll his own damage, I did the same an got a 7, you want me to keep that or go with your 9?


AOO:
[dice=AOO Unarmed]1d20+13[/dice] [dice=Damage]1d6+4[/dice] #1
Group Boni:
+1 morale bonus to attacks rolls while charging; +2 morale bonus on saving throws against fear
Human Cavalier (Luring Cavalier) 7 / Monk (Zen Archer) 3 (HP 81/81; AC 25/20/23; F+13/R+10/W+15; CMD 33; Perc +26; Init +2)

Are we able to cast endure elements on each of us?

If no endure elements are
Fortitude: 1d20 + 10 - 4 ⇒ (18) + 10 - 4 = 24
Fortitude: 1d20 + 10 - 5 ⇒ (16) + 10 - 5 = 21
Fortitude: 1d20 + 10 - 6 ⇒ (10) + 10 - 6 = 14
Fortitude: 1d20 + 10 - 7 ⇒ (14) + 10 - 7 = 17
Fortitude: 1d20 + 10 - 8 ⇒ (2) + 10 - 8 = 4
Nonlethal Damage: 2d4 ⇒ (1, 2) = 3

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15
You're right, I see them, we should be ready for the worst. But they could also be fellow Crusaders.

Kenan readies his bow and draws several arrows from his quiver to hold them readied in his bow hand as with the riders of the steppe usual.


I must have posted while you were editing your post Crissor. Sorry, when I saw it there was no damage. You can take the 7 that you rolled, I just thought you forgot. Guess I'll wait till posts are a few minutes old before commenting on them from now on.

I'm going to wait until the other three say what they're doing before I advance the scene.


Male Elf Hexcrafter Bladebound Magus 6, Init+3, F8/R6/W8+2vs Mind Effecting,AC19/T14/FF16, 45/45HP

OK.

A loose formation perhaps? At least until we guess their intent. I will go airborne once they are with in 50ft

Readied action to Activate Flight SLA and move action fly up 30ft, drawing his bow as part of the move.


male dwarf ranger/6

Looks like my endurance counteracts the armour negitive here so here we go

fort save 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (18) + 9 = 27
fort save 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (16) + 9 = 25
fort save 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 10
fort save 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (9) + 9 = 18
fort save 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (14) + 9 = 23

Perception 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (2) + 12 = 14

damage 1d4 ⇒ 3

How does helping other characters work?

for triff assuming he has to make the check

fort save 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9
fort save 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9
fort save 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17
fort save 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23
fort save 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9

damage 3d4 ⇒ (1, 4, 4) = 9

Ai Ill take the lead let em focus on me if they get close

gets my shield ready as I lead the column to a stop waiting for them


Spells Prepared:
; CL 6, 7 evocation, DC 15 + spell level + 1 evocation. (*=Evocation)
Cantrips; 4 At will. Arcane Mark, Detect Magic, Ray of Frost* (1d3+2), Read Magic
1st 5+1; Alarm, Burning Hands* (5d4+2 DC 18), Comprehend Languages, Feather Fall, Floating Disk* (8 hrs), Shield (7 rds).
2nd 5+1; False Life, Glitterdust, Rope Trick, Scorching Ray* (2 rays, 4d6(+2to one)), Shatter* (DC 18) +1 slots.
3rd 3+1; Fireball (7d6+2, DC 19), Haste, Wind Wall* (80ft long, 35ft high, 8rnds, DC 19) +1 slots.

Fort 1d20 + 4 - 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 - 4 = 20
Fort 1d20 + 4 - 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 - 4 = 18
Fort 1d20 + 4 - 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 - 4 = 8
Fort 1d20 + 4 - 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 - 4 = 12
Fort 1d20 + 4 - 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 - 4 = 18
2 failures = 2d4 ⇒ (3, 2) = 5 dmg.
Perception 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12

Peitry curses the heat and sweats like he's being paid for it. At the mention of riders Peitry dismounts his magical mount and sets himself up some 10 feet behind the martial characters.

Edit; And ties his horse to some vegitation 10 feet behind himself and tells it to stay.


@ Rogarson - It works just like I said. You can read the whole thing in the survival skill section.

The riders continue to approach, slowing as they do. They stop about 100 feet away, and wait. It can now be clearly seen that they are wearing black and red enameled full plate armor. Their breastplates are emblazoned with a fiendish face, and their helms bear forward-facing horns. Their horses are huge destriers, also clad in black armor despite the heat. One is carrying a lance, and the other holds what appears to be some sort of long gun.


Male Aasimir (Qadrian) Oracle of Metal(7) Init +3, Percep: +10, AC 26 T 13, FF 23, F: +6, R: +5, W:+8, HP: 72, CMB +10; CMD 23, SPD 40

Fortitude Save 1d20 + 6 - 4 ⇒ (8) + 6 - 4 = 10
Fortitude Save 1d20 + 6 - 4 ⇒ (17) + 6 - 4 = 19
Fortitude Save 1d20 + 6 - 4 ⇒ (18) + 6 - 4 = 20
Fortitude Save 1d20 + 6 - 4 ⇒ (12) + 6 - 4 = 14
Fortitude Save 1d20 + 6 - 4 ⇒ (19) + 6 - 4 = 21

Non-Lethal Damage 1d4 ⇒ 3
Non-Lethal Damage 1d4 ⇒ 3

Sirhan curses as the armor heats up around him then looks at the 2 riders as they appear, looking at Jin and Kenan they are preparing for a fight without knowing who they are fighting. Sirhan searches his memory to see if the symbol on the knights shields is something religious, the last thing they need is to face zealots.

Knowledge Religion: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21

to the group "Might we want to see who they are before we start a battle, this seems a bit lopsided." As he says this he puts his hand on his sword and gets ready to grab his shield.

FYI: East Coast US for Time Zone for posting


male dwarf ranger/6

spells:
entangle, long strider


In case it wasn't clear, those saves are 1/hour over the course of the morning. It wasn't a sudden thing.

Sirhan strains his memory for any religious connections to what he can make out of their armor, but comes up blank. He's seen similar things in servants of Asmodeus, but he doesn't see the five pointed star on these men.


Male Aasimir (Qadrian) Oracle of Metal(7) Init +3, Percep: +10, AC 26 T 13, FF 23, F: +6, R: +5, W:+8, HP: 72, CMB +10; CMD 23, SPD 40

Sirhan might like for us to try to talk to them a bit before battle, just because there are 2 of them and 6 of us. any thoughts?


male dwarf ranger/6

Calls out to them What be yer business riding before us shouting to make him self heard as he finishes strapping his shield on.


"What's your business riding before us, nameless one!? I am Paralictor Erebus Vance of the Order of the Nail. We ride for Kenebras." The lance bearer shouts back.

1 to 50 of 1,090 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / 5th Mendevian Crusade Group 1 All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.