Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Starfinder


Pathfinder Society


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Paizo.com Gift Certificates
On Sale and Clearance!

[5e] Master of the Fallen Fortress

Game Master mishima


51 to 80 of 80 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | next > last >>
Dark Archive

M Half-elf NG Druid:1 | HP:9 | AC:16 | Ini:3 | Per:5 | Darkvision:60' | Speed:30' | Spells: | 1st:2 |

"Something moving around behind that door."


Female Human Fighter/1, AC 16, HP 14, S +4, D +4, C +4, I +0, W +1, CH +2

Let's check it out, Gloriana says, walking toward the southern door, sword in hand. I'm guessing she had to leave her torch below to climb to this level.

With a look at her companions, she waits until they are ready, and then she attempts to open the door.


Dwarf | Barbarian 1 | Rage 2/2 | HD 1/1 | HP 15/15 | AC 15 | S6, D2, C5, I1, W3, C-1 | PP 15 | Status: Normal | Insp: Yes

Well, alright then, Odan says as he readies a javelin.


-Character sheet- Warlock 1 | Hp: 11/11 | AC: 13 | Str +0, Dex +2, Con +3, Int + 2, Wis +3, Cha +6

Wait, let see if we can gather some more information from the sounds - Seth approaches the door and hear a little more carefully

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23


|| Tower of the Last Baron Map/Images || Master of the Fallen Fortress Map/Images ||

Glor, you could've tossed it up probably, so you still have it if you want.

Seth, I suppose unless you apply some kind of nature or arcana roll, it sounds like a big happy dog jumping up at the door, trying to reach its master it knows is on the other side. Seems to be pawing it, sniffing at the crack under the door, etc. There is one odd difference though, and its the intermittent *cracks* and *pops* that occur, almost like an air bladder has burst or a small quantity of black powder has been set off.


Rogue 1 | Init: +3 | AC 14 | HP 9/9 | Saves: S +0 D +5 Co +1 I +4 W -1 Ch +2 | Perception +3 (13) | Inspiration: []

Pindleton will attempt to quietly approach the other door and check it out for sounds and traps.

Stealth: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9
Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

And is apparently a little distracted. ;)


|| Tower of the Last Baron Map/Images || Master of the Fallen Fortress Map/Images ||

Pindleton, you hear a bird *cacaw* and for a moment are sure its someone in the distant fields shouting *montague*. Oh well, nothing seems to be amiss about this door.


Rogue 1 | Init: +3 | AC 14 | HP 9/9 | Saves: S +0 D +5 Co +1 I +4 W -1 Ch +2 | Perception +3 (13) | Inspiration: []

Pindleton looks surprised for a moment, quickly turns to stare out into the field, and then scratches his head. "Doesn't sound like much over here at this door. Any preference which we start with?"

Dark Archive

M Half-elf NG Druid:1 | HP:9 | AC:16 | Ini:3 | Per:5 | Darkvision:60' | Speed:30' | Spells: | 1st:2 |

"Who doesn't like puppies?"


Dwarf | Barbarian 1 | Rage 2/2 | HD 1/1 | HP 15/15 | AC 15 | S6, D2, C5, I1, W3, C-1 | PP 15 | Status: Normal | Insp: Yes

Odan is still standing there, Javelin at the ready, waiting for them to open the door.

I only got it in case it ain't a puppy. Or if it's a puppy from the pits of the abyss.


Rogue 1 | Init: +3 | AC 14 | HP 9/9 | Saves: S +0 D +5 Co +1 I +4 W -1 Ch +2 | Perception +3 (13) | Inspiration: []

"Doggie door works for me. Go ahead and open it, Gloriana." Pindleton gets his bow ready, just in case. He also casually moves to stand behind the dwarf barbarian, again, just in case.


-Character sheet- Warlock 1 | Hp: 11/11 | AC: 13 | Str +0, Dex +2, Con +3, Int + 2, Wis +3, Cha +6

Seth agrees with Pindleton in the choice of Gloriana. The half-elf's fingers get ready to unleash arcane energy in case things get ugly.


Female Human Fighter/1, AC 16, HP 14, S +4, D +4, C +4, I +0, W +1, CH +2

Given the go ahead from her companions, Gloriana hefts her sword and attempts to open the door.

Assuming I need to roll something...
Open Door: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8


|| Tower of the Last Baron Map/Images || Master of the Fallen Fortress Map/Images ||

Hehe, na they just wanted you to go first. In other games I usually open doors for players to save time, but in this module there's some surprises so what you guys are doing is good.

You open the door to meet the beast, this dog-sized lizard has two horns, one on either side of its head, and green scales that crackle with sparks of lightning!

Judging from the shelves lining the walls, this darkened room might once have been a storeroom, though its contents have long since succumbed to the passage of time. A crack in the northern wall has apparently let in some rainwater, which has collected in a large puddle on the floor.

I'll roll initiative and setup the map, sec


|| Tower of the Last Baron Map/Images || Master of the Fallen Fortress Map/Images ||

Odan: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12
Sohar: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19
Pindleton: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8
Gloriana: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15
Seth: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9
Shocker Lizard: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9

Round One:::::
Odan, Sohar, Gloriana, Seth <---All Up
Lizard
Pindleton

Reminder or for those who can't access, check map for placement. Door is making sort of a bottleneck at the moment.


-Character sheet- Warlock 1 | Hp: 11/11 | AC: 13 | Str +0, Dex +2, Con +3, Int + 2, Wis +3, Cha +6

Watch out!-

The half-elf release the stored magical energy in the shape of a ray of force

Eldritch blast: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 151d10 ⇒ 6 -Not sure what's the penalty for firing into melee in 5E


Female Human Fighter/1, AC 16, HP 14, S +4, D +4, C +4, I +0, W +1, CH +2

Gloriana takes a step back...and then lurches forward, attempting to slay the beast before it can hurt her or her companions.

Sword attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 231d8 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10


Dwarf | Barbarian 1 | Rage 2/2 | HD 1/1 | HP 15/15 | AC 15 | S6, D2, C5, I1, W3, C-1 | PP 15 | Status: Normal | Insp: Yes

There's no penalty for firing into melee in 5e. However, if an ally is in the way and you don't have the sharpshooter feat, the enemy may have 1/2 or 3/4 cover.

Aw, it's just a little beastie, Odan says, visibly relaxing, while dropping his javelin arm. But as soon as his companions start shooting at it, his heart breaks. No! He shouts in his own mind.

As the "dust in the air" causes his eye to water, he asks, quietly, Why? He just wanted a little attention. Maybe a scratch behind the ears...

I've decided to make the dwarven "tough on the outside" barbarian have a soft spot for animals. Seemed like a fun juxtaposition.

Skipping Odans turn. I figure Seth will kill it before it has a turn. I'm trying to make Odan be very reluctant to attack animals - even magical ones.

Dark Archive

M Half-elf NG Druid:1 | HP:9 | AC:16 | Ini:3 | Per:5 | Darkvision:60' | Speed:30' | Spells: | 1st:2 |

Sohar steps up behind Gloriana. "Indeed, the creature has done nothing to us."


|| Tower of the Last Baron Map/Images || Master of the Fallen Fortress Map/Images ||

As soon as the door opens, an eldritch blast from the maddening realm of the fey manifests itself as a bright energy, piercing the scaly skin of the beast. *GRraaaaaaaaaahHH* It screeches like a condor, before getting Gloriana's master strike to the throat.

The hair on your neck and inside your ears stands stiff...*Crk...ck..POOOWWW* a blast of electricity arcs from the horribly wounded lizard's horns, into Gloriana's chain shirt, and out her belt buckle into the wall, then out into the blue sky endlessly...

1d8 ⇒ 6 Gloriana electricity damage, or reflex save DC 14 for half.

Round 1:::::
Round One:::::
Odan, Sohar, Gloriana, Seth
Lizard
Pindleton <---UP

And at this point, its you guys then monster ad murderum


Female Human Fighter/1, AC 16, HP 14, S +4, D +4, C +4, I +0, W +1, CH +2

YAAAH! Gloriana screeches as the jolt runs through her.

Reflex Save: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19


Dwarf | Barbarian 1 | Rage 2/2 | HD 1/1 | HP 15/15 | AC 15 | S6, D2, C5, I1, W3, C-1 | PP 15 | Status: Normal | Insp: Yes

Now I feel guilty for skipping the attack. :(


Rogue 1 | Init: +3 | AC 14 | HP 9/9 | Saves: S +0 D +5 Co +1 I +4 W -1 Ch +2 | Perception +3 (13) | Inspiration: []

Pindleton take a few steps to get a better angle on the beast and then when it is most distracted with Gloriana, he let's loose an arrow.

Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6 Yeesh!
Damage w/ Sneak Attack: 2d6 + 3 ⇒ (3, 2) + 3 = 8

Odan Shan wrote:
Now I feel guilty for skipping the attack. :(

Be true to yourself! :) (... it can help earn inspiration!) ;)


|| Tower of the Last Baron Map/Images || Master of the Fallen Fortress Map/Images ||

Pindleton's arrow clitters into the cobblestone walls of the room behind. The lizard turns momentarily "Er?" thinking the noise was something sneaking up on her.

Round 2:::::
Odan, Sohar, Gloriana, Seth <---UP
Lizard
Pindleton

GM secret roll: 1d6 ⇒ 6

And duly noted on inspiration. :)


Dwarf | Barbarian 1 | Rage 2/2 | HD 1/1 | HP 15/15 | AC 15 | S6, D2, C5, I1, W3, C-1 | PP 15 | Status: Normal | Insp: Yes

A bit more anger enters his voice than he'd like. Oadan can't help but wear his heart on his sleeve. Well! Be quick about it. We've already hurt the little guy; put him out of his misery.


Female Human Fighter/1, AC 16, HP 14, S +4, D +4, C +4, I +0, W +1, CH +2

Gloriana watches the strange lizard and takes a step back. I don't think...I don't think it means us any harm. Probably just reacting to our attacks.
She steps back another step, sheathes her sword, and takes a piece of jerky out of her pack. She tosses it to the lizard...hoping it doesn't attack her again.


|| Tower of the Last Baron Map/Images || Master of the Fallen Fortress Map/Images ||

Glor, go ahead and try a wisdom (animal handling) roll. But you'll have to roll very high since you guys have already beat the living s%&* out of it. DC 20


Dwarf | Barbarian 1 | Rage 2/2 | HD 1/1 | HP 15/15 | AC 15 | S6, D2, C5, I1, W3, C-1 | PP 15 | Status: Normal | Insp: Yes

Can Odan try?

I thank you, friend, for giving it a chance.

Odan takes out some dried meats, as well, and tosses it to the lizard.

Hey there, little beastie. Is all right. It was just a misunderstanding, that's all.

1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24


Female Human Fighter/1, AC 16, HP 14, S +4, D +4, C +4, I +0, W +1, CH +2

Animal Handling: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4


Rogue 1 | Init: +3 | AC 14 | HP 9/9 | Saves: S +0 D +5 Co +1 I +4 W -1 Ch +2 | Perception +3 (13) | Inspiration: []
GM Infinity wrote:
Glor, go ahead and try a wisdom (animal handling) roll. But you'll have to roll very high since you guys have already beat the living s!~& out of it. DC 20

I didn't hurt it! ;)

51 to 80 of 80 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [5e] Master of the Fallen Fortress Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.