Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Starfinder


Pathfinder Society


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Paizo.com Gift Certificates
On Sale and Clearance!

[5e] GM Infinity's Storm King's Thunder

Game Master mishima


351 to 400 of 502 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>

|| Tlaezicuilolli || Storm King's Thunder ||

So, feel like trapping an Oni? What are you going to do about it, warriors?


Wood Elf | Hunter Ranger 6 | Spells 1: 3/4, 2: 2/2 | Spell DC 15 | HP 52/52 | AC 18 | Init +5 | Saves S8, D8, C3, I-2, W5, Ch-2 | Pass Perc 18 | Status: Normal | Insp: Yes

Hell yeah. Let's bag us an Oni.

Dark Archive

M Half-elf NG Druid: 6 | HP: 39 | AC: 16 | Ini: 3 | Per: 6 | Darkvision: 60' | Speed: 30' | 1st: 4 | 2nd: 3 | 3rd: 3 | Insp: Y |

"What is an oni, other than nasty?"


Wood Elf | Hunter Ranger 6 | Spells 1: 3/4, 2: 2/2 | Spell DC 15 | HP 52/52 | AC 18 | Init +5 | Saves S8, D8, C3, I-2, W5, Ch-2 | Pass Perc 18 | Status: Normal | Insp: Yes

Type of ogre. Good with magic.

Favorite food's scream melons. Word has it that human settlements are known for scream melons. Humans tend to be very protective of them, wrapping them in blankets, carrying them around. But at night, they place them next to open windows.

That's when the Oni sneaks into town. They follow the sounds of the scream melon and pluck the fruit right out of the window. I've been told they just pop right in the mouth. Very juicy. Never had one myself.

Any idea what the humans use the fruit for? Seems kind of odd.


|| Tlaezicuilolli || Storm King's Thunder ||

Haha, nicely done :D


Rogue 6 | Init: +4 | AC 15 | HP 39/39 | Saves: S +0 D +7 Co +1 I +5 W -1 Ch +2 | Perception +5 (15) | Spell slots: 3 | Inspiration: [Y]
GM Infinity wrote:

He starts talking before you finish talking "Away with you, beggar...oh, a kenderfolk. I thought you were one of those street children I hate so much. Now, it seems we have a problem because yes I do have plans for this item, but no I won't share them with you..."

As you start to wonder if this guy is being serious or not, you recall that there is a great private library here in Triboar managed by one Hyuth Kolstaag. This must be him, or at least one of his associates.

"...what shall we do about this impasse? I propose a battle of wits."

"Well, certainly! I haven't had a good battle of wits since my days at the academy. What did you have in mind?"

Dark Archive

M Half-elf NG Druid: 6 | HP: 39 | AC: 16 | Ini: 3 | Per: 6 | Darkvision: 60' | Speed: 30' | 1st: 4 | 2nd: 3 | 3rd: 3 | Insp: Y |

"Scream melons...," Sohar deadpans, trying to decide if this is humor in this land. Giving up, he states, "We should let someone know about this, and then hunt it down." In Druidic, he addresses the trees again. "Does the oni have a lair in the forest?"


Wood Elf | Hunter Ranger 6 | Spells 1: 3/4, 2: 2/2 | Spell DC 15 | HP 52/52 | AC 18 | Init +5 | Saves S8, D8, C3, I-2, W5, Ch-2 | Pass Perc 18 | Status: Normal | Insp: Yes

There was no hint of humor or joke in Jysson's voice. That's the story he heard from an ogre he once talked to. The ogres weren't sure what why humans cultivated scream melons, either.

But according to the ogre, it's their favorite.


|| Tlaezicuilolli || Storm King's Thunder ||

Pindleton

With a grin and a snap of his fingers, he summons an ornately carved small wooden box. Opening reveals a pair of rods sitting in a rich, fluffy red velvet. "It's simple you see, one creates illusory terrain, the other summons creatures. We will take turns, first you will create an illusion and my task is to create a monster that will not question the environment. Then I will create an illusion and you will then choose a monster. The game will continue until the summoned monster is frightened or surprised by its surroundings, with the creator of the terrain the winner. Ready?"


|| Tlaezicuilolli || Storm King's Thunder ||

Sohar

There is a sense of shock and fear before "It would not dare...no. It comes where Selune looks back..."

That's probably a reference to the constellation of the Double Daggers, located in the western sky.


Rogue 6 | Init: +4 | AC 15 | HP 39/39 | Saves: S +0 D +7 Co +1 I +5 W -1 Ch +2 | Perception +5 (15) | Spell slots: 3 | Inspiration: [Y]

”Challenge accepted! So, I will begin things with an illusion? Hmm...” Pindleton offers to shake the man’s hand and then takes the indicated wand. ”Is here acceptable, or considering the recent tragedy, perhaps we should not have unusual environments and strange beasts magically appear in the middle of town?”

Quick question - any special way you want to handle this, since player/character knowledge can get tricky? I can aim for what I guess this character would likely know about, but it’s a fuzzy line. :) Also, what sort of limitations/parameters do the wands have? This is definitely sounding interesting.


|| Tlaezicuilolli || Storm King's Thunder ||

I didn't want to make it too crunchy, but had Hallucinatory Terrain in mind for the illusion. I guess instead of thinking what realistic limits to put on Pindleton, use it to define what Pindleton knows for future reference. :) The summon is also wide open, there isn't really any spell that fits what I had in mind...on close inspection you might notice the monsters are also not real and extremely fragile creations, but seem to have a conscious that accurately mimics the real version.

"Indeed! Our thoughts would tear at their fragile eggshell minds. Very well. There is a cavern just beyond the Marshaling Field (T25)...the Rod will come with us." he attaches the wheels and the two of you manage to roll the Rod along to the mouth of a very tall cave system. (along with any other PCs who want to be there)


|| Tlaezicuilolli || Storm King's Thunder ||

Sohar/Jysson

If you guys search around to the west you'd also find a small cavern.


Wood Elf | Hunter Ranger 6 | Spells 1: 3/4, 2: 2/2 | Spell DC 15 | HP 52/52 | AC 18 | Init +5 | Saves S8, D8, C3, I-2, W5, Ch-2 | Pass Perc 18 | Status: Normal | Insp: Yes

Let's explore the cavern!


|| Tlaezicuilolli || Storm King's Thunder ||

Map updated. To be clear, this is a different cave than Pindleton and Kolstaag went to.

After a nearly vertical entrance you enter a partially submerged cavern. The temperature difference is biting, being much colder than the temperate grasslands above. A steady current is running to the north. There is a very narrow path around the stream, or of course you could just walk through the water (it is shallow enough). Let me know which you choose ;)


Illuskan human | HP 46/46 | Portent 3,1 | War 2/2 | Recovery 3/3 | 1st 4/4 | 2nd 2/3 | 3rd 3/3 |
Stats:
AC 19 | Str +3, Dex +1, Con +3, Int +4, Wis +5, Cha +2 | Initiative +1 | Perception +5

Portent: 2d20 ⇒ (12, 15) = 27

Urth follows the other two with red PC lights on their head toward the cavern. He is a tall Illuskan human with an obviously strong upper body. He has raven black hair and tanned skin indicating a life spent in the sun. He wears splint armor and shoulders a case of crossbow bolts and a backpack with a coil of hempen rope strapped to it. His weapon’s harness carries a longsword, warhammer, light crossbow, and shield with an emblem of a cloud above three lightning bolts.

The human readies his shield and unsheathes his longsword. "Excelsior," and the blade of his longsword ignites.

"Tally ho." He encourages the other two to lead the way. He expects a traps in the entrance.


|| Tlaezicuilolli || Storm King's Thunder ||
Quote:
Urth follows the other two with red PC lights on their head toward the cavern

:D Hehe, in seriousness though they would be known to anyone in Triboar during/after the time of attack. They just saved the entire town and are a big deal. Perhaps you were even more hungover from the night before and woke up a bit late, or just rode into town an hour or two after. It's mostly up to you, but thanks for being willing to come along, and welcome.

Dark Archive

M Half-elf NG Druid: 6 | HP: 39 | AC: 16 | Ini: 3 | Per: 6 | Darkvision: 60' | Speed: 30' | 1st: 4 | 2nd: 3 | 3rd: 3 | Insp: Y |

Because of the cold, Sohar sticks to the path for now.


|| Tlaezicuilolli || Storm King's Thunder ||

Sohar advances into the cavern unscathed, and unimpeded for a time. But suddenly, he is wracked by an icy blast seemingly from the void, and soon the hideous form of an Oni materializes in the waters.

Sohar, roll Con save for half:
Cone of Cold: 8d8 ⇒ (5, 5, 1, 3, 6, 5, 6, 5) = 36

Pindleton, you are there, too, if you wish. The battle of wits can happen tomorrow or yesterday


|| Tlaezicuilolli || Storm King's Thunder ||

Belated Inits:
Sohar: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21
Pindleton: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11
Jysson: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9
Urth: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 18
Oni: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8

Oni was invisible for surprise, all PCs up


|| Tlaezicuilolli || Storm King's Thunder ||

Molok Init: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 16


Illuskan human | HP 46/46 | Portent 3,1 | War 2/2 | Recovery 3/3 | 1st 4/4 | 2nd 2/3 | 3rd 3/3 |
Stats:
AC 19 | Str +3, Dex +1, Con +3, Int +4, Wis +5, Cha +2 | Initiative +1 | Perception +5

"Fuego!" Urth shouts his spell trigger causing a bead of red energy to race from his sword tip and detonate behind the Oni engulfing the giant in an explosion.
DC 15 Dex save: 8d6 ⇒ (6, 1, 5, 4, 5, 6, 1, 2) = 30

He then advances forward behind Sohar.

AOE before everyone engages in melee


Wood Elf | Hunter Ranger 6 | Spells 1: 3/4, 2: 2/2 | Spell DC 15 | HP 52/52 | AC 18 | Init +5 | Saves S8, D8, C3, I-2, W5, Ch-2 | Pass Perc 18 | Status: Normal | Insp: Yes

Sneaky, sneaky, Jysson retorts to the invisible ogre.

With his flail, he moves in to attack, casting Hunters Mark on the beast.

Attack 1: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10
Damage: 2d8 + 4 + 1d6 ⇒ (7, 3) + 4 + (3) = 17

Attack 1: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13
Damage: 2d8 + 4 + 1d6 ⇒ (3, 1) + 4 + (3) = 11

An auspicious start.


|| Tlaezicuilolli || Storm King's Thunder ||

The cavern flashes with light as a booming detonation erupts behind the crazed giant, sending sand and small stones flying. The heat wave completely engulfs the Oni...

Dex: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16 Oni takes 15

but just before the explosion the Oni had thrown his cloak outward to catch the brunt of it.

Oddly, what seems wholly unaffected is the small stream. There is no splash, no steam...something is fishy about that. As Jysson plunges through the stream to melee your suspicions are confirmed...again there is no splash. The water is illusory.

Jysson's attacks scrape of the large links of its chainmail, and the Oni looks down with a wild, bloody grin "Welcome to my kitchen." it seems to be carrying a glaive which actually resembles an oversized kitchen knife.

95/110, 16 AC


Goliath | Fighter 6 | HP 58/58| AC 17 | Init +1 | Saves S8, D2, C6, I-1, W2, Ch-0 | Pass Perc 15 | Status: Normal | Insp: N

Like a piece of living rock detaching itself from the surrounding cavern, a large, stone-like figure moves towards the Oni, a great stone maul raised over his head. Without any cry or shout, the silent warrior swings at the creature with all his might.

Attack: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (13) + 9 = 22
Damage: 2d6 + 6 ⇒ (5, 1) + 6 = 12 (re-roll 1 1d6 ⇒ 5) = 16

Attack: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (20) + 9 = 29
Crit Damage: 4d6 + 6 ⇒ (3, 3, 4, 5) + 6 = 21

Bonus Action(Attack): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (10) + 9 = 19
Damage: 2d6 + 6 ⇒ (4, 5) + 6 = 15


Wood Elf | Hunter Ranger 6 | Spells 1: 3/4, 2: 2/2 | Spell DC 15 | HP 52/52 | AC 18 | Init +5 | Saves S8, D8, C3, I-2, W5, Ch-2 | Pass Perc 18 | Status: Normal | Insp: Yes

Hot Damn! Jysson exclaims at the newcomer. That's some fine hammerwork!


|| Tlaezicuilolli || Storm King's Thunder ||

Summoning the spirit of an avalanche, Molok plows into the caster with everything he's got...which is a lot.

43/110, 16 AC
Sohar and Pindleton up


Rogue 6 | Init: +4 | AC 15 | HP 39/39 | Saves: S +0 D +7 Co +1 I +5 W -1 Ch +2 | Perception +5 (15) | Spell slots: 3 | Inspiration: [Y]

After Pindleton reaches the cave for the battle of wits, he thinks for a moment and begins to cast and then stops himself. Has an idea... then decides against it. He goes through this several times, being both honestly indecisive, but also well aware of how annoying his behavior may be. He learned early on in his academy days that an annoyed opponent is not always a smart opponent.

Finally, before he fears he's drawn it out too much, Pindleton finally casts an illusion of terrain depicting... the burning magma flows of a volcano (or at least the best approximation Pindleton can imagine from his readings and that the spell can manage).


|| Tlaezicuilolli || Storm King's Thunder ||

Wisdom: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14

Kolstaag does begin to crack visibly, tapping his foot...however for the time being he holds his cordiality together despite being clearly annoyed. "...Mmmhm. Aha! A native denizen of the plane of fire would be most welcome here." he points his rod and a small fire elemental springs into existence. It looks up, then down, then at you two before shrugging its flaming shoulders and going about its business. It seems to be at home.

Shortly the illusion and creation fades and the mage begins to pace "You must be well read or well traveled to know of such a harsh environment...but I wager you have not traversed...the ASTRAL PLANE!" and with a zip the cavern takes on the resemblance of a starry night with a purplish hue. Beams of light randomly materialize and disintegrate while large obsidian asteroids collide in the distance.

Pindleton you can be in the Oni fight too if you want, these things don't have to be happening simultaneously in time.

Dark Archive

M Half-elf NG Druid: 6 | HP: 39 | AC: 16 | Ini: 3 | Per: 6 | Darkvision: 60' | Speed: 30' | 1st: 4 | 2nd: 3 | 3rd: 3 | Insp: Y |

So, sorry, I'm certain that I posted, but it seems to have been eaten by the boards.
-------------------------------------------------------------------

Sohar quickly shifts into a more appropriate form for the cold and charges the oni in retaliation.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Bonus: WildShape - Polar Bear(p.334)
HP: 42/42 | AC: 12
Action: MultiAttack

Bite: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9
Damage(P): 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10

Claws: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26
Damage(S): 2d6 + 5 ⇒ (5, 3) + 5 = 13

HP: 3/39
3rd: 2/3


|| Tlaezicuilolli || Storm King's Thunder ||

Oni fight

Sohar Con Save: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7 ouch, 36 dmg

Taking a devastating blast of ice, Sohar feels withered, and retreats out of range. He pulls at the leylines guiding the crystal growth in the cavern to revitalize his life essence in a soft prayer...

Cure Wounds: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11 Sohar at 14/39 hp

The Oni laughs as its wounds seem to be closing on thier own, it's eyes flash brightly orange before it vanishes before you.

Oni 53/110, 16 AC, invisible

Stealth: 1d20 ⇒ 20 Active wisdom perception checks that beat 20 can detect the Oni's location. Attacks will still suffer disadvantage.

All PCs up

edit: haha, Sohar ninja'd again. Ignore that bit


Male Half-Elf Transmutation Wizard 6: HP: 38/38, Init:7, AC:12, Str:2, Dex:2, Con:2(5 Transmutators stone), Int:5, Wis:2, Cha:0, PP:13, Darkvision

not part of this fight, but just dotting it so I can keep track of it


Wood Elf | Hunter Ranger 6 | Spells 1: 3/4, 2: 2/2 | Spell DC 15 | HP 52/52 | AC 18 | Init +5 | Saves S8, D8, C3, I-2, W5, Ch-2 | Pass Perc 18 | Status: Normal | Insp: Yes

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28

You may run, but you can't hide from me, Oni, Jysson says, as he presses the attack.

Attack 1, dis: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 191d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17
Damage: 2d8 + 4 + 1d6 ⇒ (4, 4) + 4 + (2) = 14

Attack 2, dis: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 141d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22
Damage: 2d8 + 4 + 1d6 ⇒ (2, 5) + 4 + (4) = 15


Illuskan human | HP 46/46 | Portent 3,1 | War 2/2 | Recovery 3/3 | 1st 4/4 | 2nd 2/3 | 3rd 3/3 |
Stats:
AC 19 | Str +3, Dex +1, Con +3, Int +4, Wis +5, Cha +2 | Initiative +1 | Perception +5

Urth grins and shouts, "Revelar!" His sword blade ignites in a blue glow at the same time as his eyes. Both glows disappear after a second revealing all that is Invisible visible to Urth.

He calls out the location of the Oni to his companions.

cast See Invisible


Rogue 6 | Init: +4 | AC 15 | HP 39/39 | Saves: S +0 D +7 Co +1 I +5 W -1 Ch +2 | Perception +5 (15) | Spell slots: 3 | Inspiration: [Y]

Gotcha, thanks! I didn't want to confuse things and presume I was there.

Pindleton unleashes with his bow, darting to the side trying to take advantage of the oni being distracted by those in melee with it.

Bow attack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22
Damage w/Sneak Attack: 1d6 + 3d6 + 4 ⇒ (4) + (1, 5, 2) + 4 = 16

Flashback to Battle of Wits:
"Ah, magnificent!" Pindleton nods in appreciation and eyes the wand closely, reconsidering his next terrain. However, he catches himself and remembers he needs to counter this move with a creature native to the Astral plane. He thinks for a moment and then recalls a text he once read about planar threats and then proceeds to summon...

Arcana check to recall which gith is which: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11

a githzerai!

:)

Edit: Waffled back and forth on a DC, but in the end, I think Pindleton is too interested in the material plane and ruins therein that it's fitting and amusing that he would confuse githyanki and githzerai.


|| Tlaezicuilolli || Storm King's Thunder ||

Battle of Wits

A female githzerai materializes within the Astral landscape, seemingly in a state of meditation. A flash of concern lights her face, mumbling something about two skies, as she taps her forehead with a finger, scanning the area. "What's the bob, jinkskirts? You with them? Have at you then!" if you know planar lingo, she basically just called you both prostitutes and went on the defensive.

Kolstaag chimes in "AHAHA! Rookie mistake! It's githyanki that are native to this landscape. You've lost, though you did much better than I expected. I think the rod belongs in my museum anyways, not out with you on some dusty trail..."

The githzerai looks confused "Bar that!" she runs at Kolstaag, pummeling him with a flurry of blows before dematerializing, along with the starry illusion.

After picking himself up he intones calmly "In the interest of friendship, I will permit you 1 use of the rod before it is cataloged."

Inspiration for staying to character as you saw it. Since you already have inspiration, you can give it to another player as per the rules.


|| Tlaezicuilolli || Storm King's Thunder ||

Oni Fight

As I understand the See Invisible allows everyone to attack the right square but doesn't cancel the Invisible condition except for Urth.
So Pindleton needs to roll again for disadvantage, correct me if I'm wrong.

Just before the Oni vanishes, a beautiful white Sohar-bear slashes at the neck of the Oni with long black claws. From an outsiders perspective, Jysson uncannilly swipes out at empty air, indeed finding something squishy and bloody!

26/110, 16 AC, invisible; not counting Pindleton's arrow yet

Molok up, then Oni again


Rogue 6 | Init: +4 | AC 15 | HP 39/39 | Saves: S +0 D +7 Co +1 I +5 W -1 Ch +2 | Perception +5 (15) | Spell slots: 3 | Inspiration: [Y]

Bow attack Disadvantage: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13

Sorry, I had just skimmed because I originally thought I wouldn’t be there and missed that.


Goliath | Fighter 6 | HP 58/58| AC 17 | Init +1 | Saves S8, D2, C6, I-1, W2, Ch-0 | Pass Perc 15 | Status: Normal | Insp: N

Heeding the directions of the others, Molok swings his maul in a figure-8 motion, hoping that covering as much space in front of him will result in a hit.

Attack: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 10
Attack (disadv): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (19) + 9 = 28
Damage: 2d6 + 6 ⇒ (2, 6) + 6 = 14

Attack: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (17) + 9 = 26
Attack (disadv): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 10
Damage: 2d6 + 6 ⇒ (1, 1) + 6 = 8


Lightfoot Halfling
Ongoing Conditions:
Daily Uses:
Inspiration: 4/4, lvl1: 4/4, lvl2: 3/3, lvl3: 2/3
Bard 6 | Init: +3 | AC 14 | HP 48/48 | Saves: S +1 D +5 Co +2 I +2 W 1 Ch +7 | Perception +4 (14) | Inspiration (Y)

Having noticed the other halfing and mage leave the area with a large, quite interesting, pole. Dymm follows along far enough behind to not cause any suspiscion.

Stealth: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17

Hmm interesting. And where are they going? Does not look like they are getting up to anything good. Just what I want..

Watching this odd battle of whits, Dymm, silently roots for the other Halfing. Seeing him bested, though sad, makes him even more curious about the rod.

Dymm sits and waits, curious what this rod will do when the halfing activates it.


|| Tlaezicuilolli || Storm King's Thunder ||

Pindleton's arrow skips off the cold cavern stones, and luck isn't on Molok's side this time. Urth alone can see the grinning beast's wounds squirm like worms and rebind themselves as it draws forth the glaive and strike at...

1d2 ⇒ 2 ...Molok.
Multiattack, with adv
Atk(adv): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22
Atk(adv): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20
dmg: 2d10 + 4 ⇒ (1, 1) + 4 = 6

Atk(adv): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14
Atk(adv): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26
dmg: 2d10 + 4 ⇒ (3, 8) + 4 = 15

21 damage to Molok

All PCs Up, Oni not invisible anymore...

36/110, 16 AC


|| Tlaezicuilolli || Storm King's Thunder ||

Battle of Wits

Kolstaag Perception: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7


Wood Elf | Hunter Ranger 6 | Spells 1: 3/4, 2: 2/2 | Spell DC 15 | HP 52/52 | AC 18 | Init +5 | Saves S8, D8, C3, I-2, W5, Ch-2 | Pass Perc 18 | Status: Normal | Insp: Yes

Don't split your attention, Oni - you leave yourself open.

Attack 1: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18
Damage: 2d8 + 4 + 1d6 ⇒ (6, 3) + 4 + (6) = 19

Attack 2: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21
Damage: 2d8 + 4 + 1d6 ⇒ (2, 8) + 4 + (3) = 17


|| Tlaezicuilolli || Storm King's Thunder ||

That's a kill, describe the death if you would. :)


Goliath | Fighter 6 | HP 58/58| AC 17 | Init +1 | Saves S8, D2, C6, I-1, W2, Ch-0 | Pass Perc 15 | Status: Normal | Insp: N

Taking the full brunt of the Oni's attack, the man of stone seems to just shrug off some of the worst damage as he continues to smash his foe.

Stone's Endurance: 1d12 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11

Stone's Endurance:

(1/short rest). You can focus yourself to occasionally shrug off injury. When you take damage, you can use your reaction to roll a d12. Add your Constitution modifier to the number rolled, and reduce the damage by that total. After you use this trait, you can't use it again until you finish a short or long rest.

Attack: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13
Damage: 2d6 + 6 ⇒ (1, 2) + 6 = 9

Attack: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (13) + 9 = 22
Damage: 2d6 + 6 ⇒ (1, 5) + 6 = 12 (re-roll 1 1d6 ⇒ 5) = 16 damage


Wood Elf | Hunter Ranger 6 | Spells 1: 3/4, 2: 2/2 | Spell DC 15 | HP 52/52 | AC 18 | Init +5 | Saves S8, D8, C3, I-2, W5, Ch-2 | Pass Perc 18 | Status: Normal | Insp: Yes

The Oni may have been clever to avoid detection all this time, but Jysson knew his giants and was able to track this monster down.

With the help of trust comrades and new allies, they breached the cave. These new folks came in handy. Spells, hammers, a cleverness beyond Jysson's ability. All things that help him in his hunt for the giants. But it's not just his. It's theirs. Jysson isn't used to being the only one hating and hunting giants. This is something he'll have to figure out. But later. For now, he has a giant to kill.

All this flashes through his subconscious, never quite reaching the surface, as the flail swings down, crashing into the Oni's shoulder. It's the last blow the ogre can take.


|| Tlaezicuilolli || Storm King's Thunder ||

With the threat eliminated you are free to peruse the small habitat. One alcove in the cavern is surprisingly well furnished, the Oni must've had fine taste. However, the pile of baby bones and other discarded meals nearby detracts from the overall aesthetic. Strewn among them are quite a few holy symbols to Gwaeron or Mielikki of various craftsmanship.

Nice, combat over. I'll do a loot list when I get home in an hour.


|| Tlaezicuilolli || Storm King's Thunder ||

Loot
-Some of the holy symbols are fairly lavish, and altogether might be worth a few hundred gold. (300 gp)

-Also among the bones is a very fine illustrated book of nature lore, with a few notes in elvish, containing dyed inks on velum pages of exotic beasts. (150 gp, Sohar could use this to skirt the 'beast that you have seen before' requirement on wild shape)

Dark Archive

M Half-elf NG Druid: 6 | HP: 39 | AC: 16 | Ini: 3 | Per: 6 | Darkvision: 60' | Speed: 30' | 1st: 4 | 2nd: 3 | 3rd: 3 | Insp: Y |

Sohar definitively notes his interest in the volume.


Wood Elf | Hunter Ranger 6 | Spells 1: 3/4, 2: 2/2 | Spell DC 15 | HP 52/52 | AC 18 | Init +5 | Saves S8, D8, C3, I-2, W5, Ch-2 | Pass Perc 18 | Status: Normal | Insp: Yes

Jysson collects the bones of the children; he will take them back to town and give them a proper funeral. At the very least, the parents will be able to grieve properly.

F~@~ing ogres, he says, as he's about to leave. He spits on the ground in spite.

351 to 400 of 502 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [5e]Storm King's Thunder All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.