Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Starfinder


Pathfinder Society


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Paizo.com Gift Certificates
On Sale and Clearance!

5E Dragons Demand

Game Master nilesr


151 to 198 of 198 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | next > last >>
Liberty's Edge

Female Draconic Halfling Sorcererer...er | Lvl 1| AC: 12 | HP: 6/8 | 1st: 2/2 | Init: +3 Perc: +0 | FX: |

Kara fires fiery fire at the centipede (with fire!).

Attack!: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19
Damage!: 1d10 ⇒ 8


WC Benny 1/1 GM Benny 3/3 Dragons Demand Rippers Curse of Strahd

Ugh, sorry for missing a post. I skipped over this one yesterday, my bad.

Kara fires fiery fire at the centipede (with fire!) A centipede is scorched beyond reckoning.
Rurik dons his shield and casts a spell (something not possible in PF without a feat, hooray for 5E's easier action economy!) 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12 a centipede is blasted a little
Vakase fires an Eldritch blast at the brown centipede. It explodes.
Kartoss does something with skirts, and then punches an oversized vermin until its little more than goo.
Hack

Combat Over

XPGAIN 50*4=200/6= 33XP each.

Edit: Please keep track of your own XP, I won't be.


Male Human Barbarian (Outlander)/1, HP: 4/14, AC: 16 , Saves: STR +5, CON +5, Initiative: +2, Perception: +2

That was fun, let's keep moving. I could use some healing.

Hack keeps headinding forward to the door in the south wall.


Male Human Varient Cleric of Light 1 , HP: 10/10 , AC: 16/18 with Shield , Saves are Con +4, Wis +5, Cha +4, Passive Insight 15 , Passive Perception 15

Well, ye wanna keep movin, or ye want healin? I aint got a ton o magical healin, but I'll use it if'n ye want, or we can take a few an ye can patch yerself up. says Rurik confused by Hack's Let's go farther, I'm hurt. attitude.

I've no problem healing you, but Kara is on 2 HP. Not sure if we want to short rest or not... it is early in the exploration.


Male Human Barbarian (Outlander)/1, HP: 4/14, AC: 16 , Saves: STR +5, CON +5, Initiative: +2, Perception: +2

I can see how it would be confusing, but he is a barbarian. Heal me if you like or let's take a short rest. Either is find by me.

Up to everyone else.


Female Tiefling Warlock 1 | AC 13 | Init +2 | HP 10/10 | Saves: STR -1 DEX +2 CON +2 INT +2 WIS +2 CHA +6 | Passive Perception 10/14 | Spell Slots 1/1

I'm fine either way. Vakase hasn't even cast a proper spell yet, so she doesn't need a rest, but if people need to heal up...

Liberty's Edge

Female Draconic Halfling Sorcererer...er | Lvl 1| AC: 12 | HP: 6/8 | 1st: 2/2 | Init: +3 Perc: +0 | FX: |

Sorry, I was trying to keep track of 2 non-lethal damage, but since 5E doesn't have NL, I just updated it to 6 hp...like I should've in the first place. ^_^


WC Benny 1/1 GM Benny 3/3 Dragons Demand Rippers Curse of Strahd

Hack opens the door to reveal

Numerous jail cells line these long-abandoned corridors. Each of their solid iron doors hangs ajar, and includes both a peep hole at eye level, covered with a piece of sliding metal, and a smaller slot for food and water at floor level.


Wood Elf Monk 1

"I hope there are undead inside of there." says Kartoss as he starts to move down the hallway.

Liberty's Edge

Female Draconic Halfling Sorcererer...er | Lvl 1| AC: 12 | HP: 6/8 | 1st: 2/2 | Init: +3 Perc: +0 | FX: |

Kara grins and nods, sharing Kartoss' desire. "Yeppers. Surprising how good old bones burn," she comments, holding aloft her burning brand to help the others see in to each cell.

Aiding, giving advantage to someone else using Perception, 'cause I suck. =)


"Well this is unexpected. What was this old tower used for again? I suppose we should carry on..."

Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15


Female Tiefling Warlock 1 | AC 13 | Init +2 | HP 10/10 | Saves: STR -1 DEX +2 CON +2 INT +2 WIS +2 CHA +6 | Passive Perception 10/14 | Spell Slots 1/1

Perception (Raven): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21

Vakase takes a few steps forward slowly and carefully looks around with Elsa on her shoulder, watching and listening for any activity.


Male Human Varient Cleric of Light 1 , HP: 10/10 , AC: 16/18 with Shield , Saves are Con +4, Wis +5, Cha +4, Passive Insight 15 , Passive Perception 15

Hack, maybe stay tow'rds tha middle fer a spell, let me, Davin, ere Kartos there take point. says Rurik, focusing more on keeping the group together than on the goings on around them.


Male Human Barbarian (Outlander)/1, HP: 4/14, AC: 16 , Saves: STR +5, CON +5, Initiative: +2, Perception: +2

That works fer me, Rurik. Just get those healin' words ready when the bad guys show themselves.


WC Benny 1/1 GM Benny 3/3 Dragons Demand Rippers Curse of Strahd

The Heroes move into the Jail and Vakase notices a set of hidden doors at the rear of the jail. Vakase and Davin also notice a curious semicircular stone ridge running along the ceiling of the hallway as indicated by the dotted line on the map

Map updated. Secret doors in A5 with S.


Davin will move down the corridor and check the door (marked on the map)


Wood Elf Monk 1

Kartoss will do the same, keeping an eye out for an ambush.

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25


WC Benny 1/1 GM Benny 3/3 Dragons Demand Rippers Curse of Strahd

Davin finds another unoccupied cell. The door hangs slightly ajar and rusted with age and disuse.


Male Human Varient Cleric of Light 1 , HP: 10/10 , AC: 16/18 with Shield , Saves are Con +4, Wis +5, Cha +4, Passive Insight 15 , Passive Perception 15

DM: Do we not move unless we say we do? I had thought we were moving together as a group, but when I looked at the map, we're in different halls spread out by 60-70 feet.

Seeing the group spreading out, Rurik chimes in, Hey uh, perhaps we should stay kinda close, lest anudder surprise ruin someone's day. He will them try and marshal the group close towards where Davin has taken point.

Liberty's Edge

Female Draconic Halfling Sorcererer...er | Lvl 1| AC: 12 | HP: 6/8 | 1st: 2/2 | Init: +3 Perc: +0 | FX: |

I can move my fig. Maybe we're supposed to do that on our own?

Kara nods and skips along next to Rurik, waving her torch around unsafely. "Oooo, what's in there?" she says, often.

I'm giving other people advantage to Perception, so, use me! ;)


WC Benny 1/1 GM Benny 3/3 Dragons Demand Rippers Curse of Strahd

Nah, you don't have to move your tokens. I'll do it. If it comes to init I'll group you all closer together. Anyone can post movement for the group and I kinda wing it from there. Dungeon Exploration in a PBP can be tedious if I make you all track every single place you go so I keep things loose and simple. You can draw arrows on the map to show where you want to go etc.

To assist you guys in determining eploration, I've labeled the three spots you can move to. There are two secret doors that Vakase found (Yellow and Blue arrows) and a hallway that continues to a new door. (Red Arrow)


Female Tiefling Warlock 1 | AC 13 | Init +2 | HP 10/10 | Saves: STR -1 DEX +2 CON +2 INT +2 WIS +2 CHA +6 | Passive Perception 10/14 | Spell Slots 1/1

Perception (Raven): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9
Perception (Raven) ADV: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11

Vakase moves the one of the secret doors (blue) and listens for strange sounds. She draws her staff and knocks gently on the door to see if it's locked or possibly trapped.


Wood Elf Monk 1

Finding another empty cell, Kartoss will sigh and say "We need a fight already!" then wander over to where Vakase is fiddling with a secret door. "What did you find?"


Davin keeps his bow at the ready as the others poke around the area. He watches the dark corners and roof for any uninvited guests.

"Can we get that door open?"

Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

Liberty's Edge

Female Draconic Halfling Sorcererer...er | Lvl 1| AC: 12 | HP: 6/8 | 1st: 2/2 | Init: +3 Perc: +0 | FX: |

Kara goes to the nearest cell door and opens it hastily, peering in. There doesn't seem to be anything in there but a pile moldy straw, so she tosses a fistful of fire at it, giggling as it sort of burns. She slams the door shut and inspects the next cell, repeating the process, giggling as the tired straw only sort of catches fire.

Then she bores of the game and walks over to where everyone is peering in at the same door.

"Oh HELLZ ya!" she calls out to Kartoss. "Up top!" She holds up a hand for a high-five...but that's only about crotch-high for him.


Wood Elf Monk 1

Kartoss seems confused by gives her a crisp high five.


Male Human Barbarian (Outlander)/1, HP: 4/14, AC: 16 , Saves: STR +5, CON +5, Initiative: +2, Perception: +2

Hack was following along with Vakase.

Just let me know if it needs kicked in.


Male Human Varient Cleric of Light 1 , HP: 10/10 , AC: 16/18 with Shield , Saves are Con +4, Wis +5, Cha +4, Passive Insight 15 , Passive Perception 15

Ifn any of ye try an jimmie the door, ere unlock it, may the Guidance of Lathander help ye. says Rurik, his hands glowing in a warm light.

Any checks people try and make for these door, do so under guidance :D


WC Benny 1/1 GM Benny 3/3 Dragons Demand Rippers Curse of Strahd

Vakase leads the group through the secret door and into a new section of what was almost certainly a prison. The previous part was empty and the cells were all open. In this hidden portion of the prison, the cells are closed. In several cells are the skeletal remains of former prisoners.

As Vakase and her friends walk the dusty hallways of this former gaol, they hear a sound, and then a voice. A set of dirty hands grasps the bars of the central cell and a pale face appears.

"Oh, gods, kind faces Aroden bless you,noble souls. I ain't seen the jailers in ages, I think they forgot about us! We ain't eaten in days and the water's all but gone-my cousins're both sick. I swear we'd give back the boar if we could , but we ate it, starvin' as we was. We didn't even know it was the baron's lands, didn't know we was poachin' I beg you, we're all gonna die in here! Kindness, noble souls, we've suffered awful! Good Baron Sarvo wills it!"

Kn:Religion DC10:
This is almost certainly an apparition or ghost. Sometimes these Haunts are kept in eternal agony over the circumstances of their deaths.

Kn:History Dc16:
Baron Sarvo was a Belhaim lord who rebelled against the Taldan crown in 4500 AR over 200 years ago, and was the last Canteclure to rule the town.

Liberty's Edge

Female Draconic Halfling Sorcererer...er | Lvl 1| AC: 12 | HP: 6/8 | 1st: 2/2 | Init: +3 Perc: +0 | FX: |

Knowing things about Religion!: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (6) + 0 = 6

Don't know much 'bout history: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (9) + 0 = 9

Kara stares at the talky-man for a full five seconds before piping up, "Setting him on fire is also a kindness. Puts him out of his misery. Imma set him on fire, 'kay?"

Eldrich flames begin to surround Kara's palms. It's hard to know if she'd actually go through with it, but if no one stops her, you're sure to find out.


Wood Elf Monk 1

Does Kartoss care about the gods?: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 18
Does Kartoss care about the past?: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13


Wood Elf Monk 1

Kartoss shakes his head with a no at Kara and then moves to the other side of the cells, stopping in such a way that he is standing on the opposite side of the man and his hands.

Watching him, you notice as he points at the hands that you can see Kartoss' body through the man's outstretched hands.


Know-Religion: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21
Know-History:1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12

"Hold on there Kara...I think that fellow is nothing more than a shade. Not too sure if your fire would do much to hurt it. Maybe Rurik can put his soul to rest."

Liberty's Edge

Female Draconic Halfling Sorcererer...er | Lvl 1| AC: 12 | HP: 6/8 | 1st: 2/2 | Init: +3 Perc: +0 | FX: |

Kara tries to look both mad and confused, but just comes off looking like she just licked a lemon.

"So, what, a shade, like, a ghost or sumpin'? Mmmrpmph. I think me mojo can un-mojo a mojoed mojo what is ain't-not-gonna-never-not-be-un-un-decrypted. But whatevs. You got two minutes then we're gonna see how many 'smellows a shade's un-not-un-not-corpse can cook."

She keeps playing with her hands, fire dripping from one hand to the other before rising up again, not unlike a hand-powered lava lamp.


Male Human Varient Cleric of Light 1 , HP: 10/10 , AC: 16/18 with Shield , Saves are Con +4, Wis +5, Cha +4, Passive Insight 15 , Passive Perception 15

Religion: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 = 17
History: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13

Nay lass, the flames' likely go right through, err worse, anger it to the point o attackin. It be a tormented soul, an I'll see wot I can do. If the group allows it, Rurik will chant the prayers of the departed, asking Lathander to guide this soul to his embrace and light everlasting.


Wood Elf Monk 1

Kartoss will look around the room to see if he can find keys to the cells.

Investigation: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7


WC Benny 1/1 GM Benny 3/3 Dragons Demand Rippers Curse of Strahd

INT! DC10:
If only the Ghost were asking for something in particular

The Ghost ignores all the talk and instead says

"Water! Food! Good Baron Sarvo wills it!"

@Rurik, it doesn't really matter, but we are set in Golarion. So...


Male Human Varient Cleric of Light 1 , HP: 10/10 , AC: 16/18 with Shield , Saves are Con +4, Wis +5, Cha +4, Passive Insight 15 , Passive Perception 15

Not sure what you mean with the Golarion reference.

SMRT?: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 11

Hmm, mebbe if we give'm some food n'water? ponders the rotund cleric, pulling out a bit of ration, and one of his flagons of ale, and waving the pieces in front of the ghost.

Liberty's Edge

Female Draconic Halfling Sorcererer...er | Lvl 1| AC: 12 | HP: 6/8 | 1st: 2/2 | Init: +3 Perc: +0 | FX: |

"Whatevs. You got one minute left."

Somehow Kara has made the flame in her hand look like a person. And that person is on fire.


Female Tiefling Warlock 1 | AC 13 | Init +2 | HP 10/10 | Saves: STR -1 DEX +2 CON +2 INT +2 WIS +2 CHA +6 | Passive Perception 10/14 | Spell Slots 1/1

"I guess feeding it can't hurt."

Vakase is intrigued by the situation. She wants to study this apparition but fears she lacks the skill or experience to truly comprehend it. So she stands by quietly to observe and try to learn.


WC Benny 1/1 GM Benny 3/3 Dragons Demand Rippers Curse of Strahd

You said "Rurik will chant the prayers of the departed, asking Lathander" Who is a FR god...like I said it has no appreciable impact on the game but we are set in Golarion

The Hungry Ghost takes the proffered food and drink and backs away into the room.

Thank'ya sir. Thankya kindly.

Everyone gets 50XP

Liberty's Edge

Female Draconic Halfling Sorcererer...er | Lvl 1| AC: 12 | HP: 6/8 | 1st: 2/2 | Init: +3 Perc: +0 | FX: |

Kara stares at the retreating ghost.

After a fashion, she pipes up. "Can I still set him on fire?"


Wood Elf Monk 1

"Why would you want to? He just wanted a meal."

Liberty's Edge

Female Draconic Halfling Sorcererer...er | Lvl 1| AC: 12 | HP: 6/8 | 1st: 2/2 | Init: +3 Perc: +0 | FX: |

"Uh, because he's an undead monstrosity that hates life and everything that is good and pure? I mean, look at him. What, is he gonna finish his little snack and then move on to have a long and productive career as an accountant? Meet a nice undead-horror secretary and raise some zombie kids? No, he's gonna get board and eventually someone dumber than us is gonna wander by and he's gonna lunge at them, ripping and tearing at their tender parts, giving the crying, wailing victim only enough time to think of a past moment when others of greater capability and cunning had wandered by, but instead of taking care of the problem for all time, merely pacified the eternal ghost for a short time. Oh how that person, whoever they are, will wish that we had saved them from a horrible, horrible death instead of just saving our own skins long enough to meander by, and not leave a dangerous trap still primed to murder them in a long, slow, painful manner."

Kara grows quiet, as if in contemplation.

"Nah, that's fun too. Okay, never mind. We can go."

Kara walks forward, wondering how other many people she can leave for dead...in the future!


Davin looks at the halfling and shakes his head.

"Why are all the pretty ones crazy?"


Male Human Varient Cleric of Light 1 , HP: 10/10 , AC: 16/18 with Shield , Saves are Con +4, Wis +5, Cha +4, Passive Insight 15 , Passive Perception 15

While aye understand yer thoughts, many o these ghosts be only here acuz unfinished business, if'n we can appease'em, they may be able ta move on without burnerating'em responds Rurik at Kara's chatter,

When Davin brings up the little ones sanity, he adds, playfully elbowing the warrior. She was lookin fer someone ta give her a sleep'n a good shag, maybe that'll put her in the right state o mind.


Female Tiefling Warlock 1 | AC 13 | Init +2 | HP 10/10 | Saves: STR -1 DEX +2 CON +2 INT +2 WIS +2 CHA +6 | Passive Perception 10/14 | Spell Slots 1/1

Vakase looks on distastefully.

"Always a one-track mind with them." she mutters to her raven, who caws in acknowledgement.

"Let's see what else is around here."


Male Human Barbarian (Outlander)/1, HP: 4/14, AC: 16 , Saves: STR +5, CON +5, Initiative: +2, Perception: +2

Hack laughs at Rurik. Then hd states flatly.

Let's move along and quit playing with the locals.

151 to 198 of 198 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The Dragons Demand in 5E All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.