Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Starfinder


Pathfinder Society


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Paizo.com Gift Certificates
On Sale and Clearance!

4-05 The Sanos Abduction (Regular)

Game Master Helikon

The Pathfinders are sent to the Sanos Forest in central Varisia to assist an agent researching the fey who inhabit the remote wood.
Map


51 to 100 of 319 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>
Liberty's Edge

Male Ulfen Unchained Barbarian 6 |HP 53/65 4/12 temp| Init +2; Perc +10*| AC 18*, T 11*, FF 16*(Improved Uncanny Dodge, Danger Sense +2) | Fort +8, Ref +4, Will +6 (+5 Competence vs all spells and Sp)| 10/17 Round of Rage|

Noticing his group is being surrounded, he unleashes his fury. Shifting over to the approaching beast, and delivering two powerful swings.

attack #1: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (5) + 17 = 22
damage: 2d6 + 15 ⇒ (3, 1) + 15 = 19

attack #2: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (5) + 10 = 15
damage: 2d6 + 15 ⇒ (5, 1) + 15 = 21

Dark Archive

hp 26/39; AC 20 t16 f18 (12 12 10); f 2, r 5, w 7/9 ench; bab 2, melee 1, ranged 4; cmb 1, cmd 13, init +2, woh 33 woclw 46 womm 26 wweb 50 half-elf investigator/1 wizard/5
skills:
acro 6, apprs 4, bluff 8, c alchmy 17, c traps +9, diplo 8, dd 6+5=11, k arcana 12, k nature 8, k local 8, k dung 8, k planes 8, k geog 8, k eng 8, k hist 8, k rel 8, ling 8, k nobil 8, perc 11, spellcrft 14, umd 11

eramos - don't forget your haste attack too if you didn't move or only did a 5' shift

Liberty's Edge

Male Ulfen Unchained Barbarian 6 |HP 53/65 4/12 temp| Init +2; Perc +10*| AC 18*, T 11*, FF 16*(Improved Uncanny Dodge, Danger Sense +2) | Fort +8, Ref +4, Will +6 (+5 Competence vs all spells and Sp)| 10/17 Round of Rage|

totally did not see that

hasted attack: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (11) + 16 = 27
damage: 2d6 + 15 ⇒ (5, 3) + 15 = 23

Grand Lodge

Bard (Archivist) 5 | HP33/33| AC: 17| T: 11 | FF: 16| CMD: 14 | Fort: +3| Ref: +8 | Will: +7 | Init: +5| Perc: +10

Amelia winces as Garret gets mauled by the undead bear. That looks bad Garret. Try a fighting retreat to the east and re-group!

Cursing herself for realizing her weaponry is terrible against the undead, she still fires off a shot at the skeletal lizard, hoping to land a lucky blow.

If Eramos killed the lizard to the south (below Amelia), she'll fire at the one to the west next to Galandaro. If both are still up,Amelia will shoot to the one below her (and likely eat and AoO

Attack: 1d20 + 5 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 5 + 2 + 1 = 12 for damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

Amelia will also continue lecturing this round. +2 to attacks and AC.

Grand Lodge

hp 45/45 - HEROISM - | Ac 27 (incl Mage armor[+4] and incl Barkskin[+3]) T20 FF 21| Init +8 Fort +8 Ref+12 Will +9 (+2 vs fear & +2 vs enchantment & evasion) | Perception +13 Sense Motive +6 | Ki 2/5 | Reroll 1/1

Concentration: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26

Garret concentrates and his skin takes on a barklike shine. He then takes on a defensive stance.

"Will do Amelia, I should have been more careful, at least they are not attacking the building anymore. Do you still have that protection wand I gave you?"

Garret regroups with his companions
Acrobatics: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (19) + 16 = 35

defensively cast barkskin as standard, spending Ki as swift for +4 AC. AC now 30, incl song and haste bonus

GM, could you be so kind as to include the map link in the short description on the campaign info page? Thanks!


The Skeletal beast takes a bit less damage that usual and it takes all three mighty swings to destroy the undead beast. He feels his blade bounce off some ribs, but his might is undeniable and to much for the foul amalgam.
One lizard, one bear down. One bear damaged, one bear one lizard undamaged.
Wizard, Galandro, Guk
Beasts
Rest of the pathfinders

Grand Lodge

Male Grippli Shaman 4 | HP 13/27 | AC:18 T:12 FF: 17 CMD: 12 | F+3 R+3 W+10 | Init +7 | Perception +15

Is it possible to remove the dead enemies from the map so that we know which ones are still alive, please? Many thanks!

Guk takes a step back just for safety's sake, then curses the remaining lizard.

Using my Misfortune hex (Will DC 17, lasts one round if it fails the save), then chanting to extend the duration by one round). If it fails the save, anytime the creature attempts an ability check, attack roll, saving throw, or skill check, it must roll twice and take the worse result.

Grand Lodge

Male Elf
Tracked:
Arcane Reservoir:11/13; Shield Wand:45;InfHeal Wand:43
Arcanist 6 (HP: 32/32)(AC:15/ MA 17/Shield 19/ mage armor&shield21/FF:12,T:13)(F:+5 R:+7 W:+7)(Init:+5)(Perception: +11)

Galandaro takes a step back and goes full defensive until he can find a safe spot to cast a spell...


Couldn´t do it before as I was on my laptop. The hex last round failed. I rolled bare without the bonus. With the bonus it was enough to be unaffected
Will: 1d20 ⇒ 14

Grand Lodge

Male Grippli Shaman 4 | HP 13/27 | AC:18 T:12 FF: 17 CMD: 12 | F+3 R+3 W+10 | Init +7 | Perception +15

I guessed it was resisted by looking at the roll. Maybe better luck this round? ;)


Maybe and quite likely.
WIZARD

Dark Archive

hp 26/39; AC 20 t16 f18 (12 12 10); f 2, r 5, w 7/9 ench; bab 2, melee 1, ranged 4; cmb 1, cmd 13, init +2, woh 33 woclw 46 womm 26 wweb 50 half-elf investigator/1 wizard/5
skills:
acro 6, apprs 4, bluff 8, c alchmy 17, c traps +9, diplo 8, dd 6+5=11, k arcana 12, k nature 8, k local 8, k dung 8, k planes 8, k geog 8, k eng 8, k hist 8, k rel 8, ling 8, k nobil 8, perc 11, spellcrft 14, umd 11

sorry site not updating... didn't realize it was my turn

Kel takes a step back, but fearing he might still be in reach, casts defensively. He aims a magic missile at the remaining lizardy thing.

concentration dc 17: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (12) + 9 = 21

magic msl dmg: 3d4 + 3 ⇒ (4, 4, 1) + 3 = 12


End of turn 2
Under the attacks of the pathfinders one bear and one lizard are destroyed, but two bears and one lizard are still standing. The lizard moves forward a bit and starts to attack wizard and Galandro

Enemy rolls:

He bites: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (4) + 11 = 151d8 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7Wizard
and claws toward: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (12) + 11 = 231d6 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10Wizard
and claws toward: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (14) + 11 = 251d6 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9Galandro
and slaps his tail toward: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (14) + 11 = 251d4 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6Galandro.
The the bears attack the raging Eramos.
bite: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (15) + 9 = 241d6 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8
Claw and tries to grab: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (14) + 9 = 231d6 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 101d20 + 15 ⇒ (3) + 15 = 18
Claw and tries to grab: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (15) + 9 = 241d6 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 71d20 + 15 ⇒ (16) + 15 = 31
Slam: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (18) + 9 = 271d6 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11
Then the other tries to do the same to the halfling
bite: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 131d6 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11
Claw and tries to grab: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (18) + 9 = 271d6 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 81d20 + 15 ⇒ (6) + 15 = 21
Claw and tries to grab: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (16) + 9 = 251d6 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 111d20 + 15 ⇒ (8) + 15 = 23
Slam: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 121d6 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10

The wizard is clawed once for 10 damage and Galandro clawed and slapped for 13 damage. Eramos is a bit less fortunate.
he is grappeled and takes 36 damage (DR not included, so maybe a bit less)
The halfling is a lot more fortunate and evades all attacks.
If I missed something pray tell
Pathfinders

Grand Lodge

Male Elf
Tracked:
Arcane Reservoir:11/13; Shield Wand:45;InfHeal Wand:43
Arcanist 6 (HP: 32/32)(AC:15/ MA 17/Shield 19/ mage armor&shield21/FF:12,T:13)(F:+5 R:+7 W:+7)(Init:+5)(Perception: +11)

Galandaro will do a complete withdraw away from the combat...

sitting at 3/32 health

Grand Lodge

Bard (Archivist) 5 | HP33/33| AC: 17| T: 11 | FF: 16| CMD: 14 | Fort: +3| Ref: +8 | Will: +7 | Init: +5| Perc: +10

Seeing Galandro hurry past her, Amelia continues to call out advice as she draws a vail of holy water and throws it at the upright owlbear aiming at the square to have it splash on the lizard too.

Ranged touch: 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 4 + 2 = 10 for holy damage: 2d4 ⇒ (2, 2) = 4
If it misses, where it lands, 1 is north and go clockwise: 1d8 ⇒ 3

Grand Lodge

hp 45/45 - HEROISM - | Ac 27 (incl Mage armor[+4] and incl Barkskin[+3]) T20 FF 21| Init +8 Fort +8 Ref+12 Will +9 (+2 vs fear & +2 vs enchantment & evasion) | Perception +13 Sense Motive +6 | Ki 2/5 | Reroll 1/1

Garret steps up to the lizard. He sweeps his cane and trips it. After that he follows up with three quick kicks.

Flurry Attack 1: Trip: 1d20 + 13 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 13 + 1 = 32
Stomp: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (12) + 11 = 23
Damage: 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10

Flurry Attack 2: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (13) + 11 = 24
Damage: 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7

Haste Attack: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (1) + 11 = 12
Damage: 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7

AC now 26

Grand Lodge

Male Grippli Shaman 4 | HP 13/27 | AC:18 T:12 FF: 17 CMD: 12 | F+3 R+3 W+10 | Init +7 | Perception +15

Did the Misfortune land by the way?

-Posted with Wayfinder


nope. Will<+2

Liberty's Edge

Male Ulfen Unchained Barbarian 6 |HP 53/65 4/12 temp| Init +2; Perc +10*| AC 18*, T 11*, FF 16*(Improved Uncanny Dodge, Danger Sense +2) | Fort +8, Ref +4, Will +6 (+5 Competence vs all spells and Sp)| 10/17 Round of Rage|

Eramos being grappled by the owlbear, drops his greatsword. Free Acton

Eramos deliver three shots to the beasts rib cage with his mithral spiked gauntlet.

attack #1: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (4) + 14 = 18
damage: 1d4 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12

attack #2: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (19) + 14 = 33
damage: 1d4 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 10

attack #3: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (15) + 9 = 24
damage: 1d4 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13


Please update your status lines this owlbear was already damaged by others eramos kills it. One heavely damaged lizard and one almost untouched owlbear leftWizard

Dark Archive

hp 26/39; AC 20 t16 f18 (12 12 10); f 2, r 5, w 7/9 ench; bab 2, melee 1, ranged 4; cmb 1, cmd 13, init +2, woh 33 woclw 46 womm 26 wweb 50 half-elf investigator/1 wizard/5
skills:
acro 6, apprs 4, bluff 8, c alchmy 17, c traps +9, diplo 8, dd 6+5=11, k arcana 12, k nature 8, k local 8, k dung 8, k planes 8, k geog 8, k eng 8, k hist 8, k rel 8, ling 8, k nobil 8, perc 11, spellcrft 14, umd 11

Kel moves away from the lizard 5' step and again casts defensively.

concentration: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 10

but he tries so hard to get the wording right, he gets a bit confused and moves his fingers wrong in the casting, causing the spell to fizzle.

everyone don't forget you're hasted


Round 2 Recap.
Three enemies are destroyed, one lizard is tripped one owlbear still standing, but also almost unharmed.
Gluk

Grand Lodge

Male Grippli Shaman 4 | HP 13/27 | AC:18 T:12 FF: 17 CMD: 12 | F+3 R+3 W+10 | Init +7 | Perception +15

It's Guk by the way, not Gluk. ;)

Guk sighs as he sees his curses are thwarted. He focuses his thoughts and channels pure energy to destroy the undead.

"Dust to *ribbit* Dust!"

Channel Energy, DC 14 Will halves: 2d6 ⇒ (4, 2) = 6


@guk apologies

enemys:
willbear: 1d20 ⇒ 17willlizard: 1d20 ⇒ 3 The bear seems to weather the attack well, but the lizard like undead is engulfed in white flames and laid to his final rest.
The bear bites and claws onceat the halflingbeak: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12claw+grab: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 171d6 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 111d20 + 15 ⇒ (2) + 15 = 17and bites and slams the barbarianclaw+grab: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (14) + 9 = 231d6 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 111d20 + 15 ⇒ (8) + 15 = 23slam: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 121d6 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7
The owlbear just manages to hurt the barbarien once, but he grabs him.
Pathfinders

Liberty's Edge

Male Ulfen Unchained Barbarian 6 |HP 53/65 4/12 temp| Init +2; Perc +10*| AC 18*, T 11*, FF 16*(Improved Uncanny Dodge, Danger Sense +2) | Fort +8, Ref +4, Will +6 (+5 Competence vs all spells and Sp)| 10/17 Round of Rage|

assuming I am grappled again since he got a CMB of 23.
LET GO OF ME YOU BEAST!!!

Eramos unleashes another flurry of punches against the bear like creature.

attack #1: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (12) + 14 = 26
damage: 1d4 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 11

attack #2: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (18) + 14 = 32
damage: 1d4 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 10

attack #3: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (18) + 9 = 27
damage: 1d4 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 11


But not for long the furious Barbarian punches once, twice, thrice and drives his spike with every punch deeper into his enemy until the the tip breaks the spine and the energies leave the reanimated carcass. For half a minute there is silence, until you realize that the battle is won. Then there is a crack and one of the boards is loosened. A gnomish face is seen and a high pitched voice is heard. "Is it over?

Liberty's Edge

Male Ulfen HP 57/65| Init +2; Perc +10*| AC 20*, T 13*, FF 18*(Improved Uncanny Dodge, Danger Sense +2) | Fort +8, Ref +4, Will +4|11/17 Round of Rage|

Eramos's rage subsides, he picks up his greatsword from the muck and shakes loose the flesh from his gauntlet.

I believe so. And you are?

If someone would be kind to heal me, I have my own wand

heals:
6d8 + 6 ⇒ (5, 7, 3, 3, 5, 6) + 6 = 35

Grand Lodge

Male Elf
Tracked:
Arcane Reservoir:11/13; Shield Wand:45;InfHeal Wand:43
Arcanist 6 (HP: 32/32)(AC:15/ MA 17/Shield 19/ mage armor&shield21/FF:12,T:13)(F:+5 R:+7 W:+7)(Init:+5)(Perception: +11)

After the battle is over Galandaro taps himself with his wand and waits three minutes for the healing to run its course. He then adjusts his hair, uses a cantrip to clean the blood from his clothes and rejoins the others. Not wanting to be caught unawares again he also casts Mage Armor upon himself. AC is now 17 for 6 hours

Grand Lodge

Bard (Archivist) 5 | HP33/33| AC: 17| T: 11 | FF: 16| CMD: 14 | Fort: +3| Ref: +8 | Will: +7 | Init: +5| Perc: +10

Amelia looks around worriedly at the multitude of wonder allies around her even as she catches her breath. Realizing Eramos may be the most scarred, she head towards him to administer some healing as she replies back.

Should be over for now, but it'd be better to get inside quick just in case if you'll let us. We're the Pathfinders, here with supplies. You Ignizi? Amelia, Amelia Acher. Glad to see you're okay given the mess out here. Have you been under siege?


1 person marked this as a favorite.

The gnome worms her way headfirst out the window, despite a chorus of protests from inside the cottage. Eventually the tiny old gnome
wriggles through the gap, landing deftly on her rear end.
She bounds to her feet and addresses the party in a rapidfire voice:
"Finally! I was getting thirsty in there. Did you bring any wine? Bloody owlbears. You'd think they'd know better than to trifle
with me! Is that my packhorse? I'll settle for grog, if you have it."

The dishevelled gnome climbs directly over the rotten corpse of an owlbear and starts rummaging through the packhorse's
saddlebags. Meanwhile, a shocked group of young Pathfinders emerge from the cottage, surveying the carnage with horror.
"Been like this for a week, you know. Nothing but undead and southeastern winds. Wretched awful smell. And me without
my astrolabe. You should hear these youngsters whinge and complain. One little undead horde and they go all to pot. By the
Eldest, I'm thirsty. I'd drink a flask of ink at this point! Bloody zombos did drag off one of the youngsters, though. You should hear them complain:
'Oooh, we're all about to die! Oh my, what's-her-face was abducted by zombos! Oh, I don't want to be eaten.' And they call themselves Pathfinders!"
"Aha!"

The gnome triumphantly holds up a bottle of dark red wine.
She whirls around, addressing the assembled group, "You lot with the weapons, unpack this horse, build a nice fire, and pull
some turnips from the garden. Then come have a drink and tell me how fat Sheila's gotten."

With that, the renowned researcher lgnizi Dinnelletter scuttles back into the cottage, uncorking her newly acquired wine along the way.

Grand Lodge

Male Elf
Tracked:
Arcane Reservoir:11/13; Shield Wand:45;InfHeal Wand:43
Arcanist 6 (HP: 32/32)(AC:15/ MA 17/Shield 19/ mage armor&shield21/FF:12,T:13)(F:+5 R:+7 W:+7)(Init:+5)(Perception: +11)

Galandaro looks over this quirky fellow with some curiosity... and then follows her into the cottage...

Grand Lodge

Male Grippli Shaman 4 | HP 13/27 | AC:18 T:12 FF: 17 CMD: 12 | F+3 R+3 W+10 | Init +7 | Perception +15

"Ignizi? Well met! *Ribbit* I am Guk, and these are my companions. Aren't they amazing? They sure dispatched those undead quickly! By the way, who was abducted? How long ago? We should attempt to retrieve her!"

Dark Archive

hp 26/39; AC 20 t16 f18 (12 12 10); f 2, r 5, w 7/9 ench; bab 2, melee 1, ranged 4; cmb 1, cmd 13, init +2, woh 33 woclw 46 womm 26 wweb 50 half-elf investigator/1 wizard/5
skills:
acro 6, apprs 4, bluff 8, c alchmy 17, c traps +9, diplo 8, dd 6+5=11, k arcana 12, k nature 8, k local 8, k dung 8, k planes 8, k geog 8, k eng 8, k hist 8, k rel 8, ling 8, k nobil 8, perc 11, spellcrft 14, umd 11

"I'm Kel, and I agree... if there's a chance of recovery.. either living or dead... we should take it! The 'youngster' should be rescued... or given a proper burial, whichever is appropriate."


While discussing Ignizi invites you to dinner, a fine turnip soup (NOPE not fine, but eatable) is waiting for you.
"The kidnapping victim's name is Dijjit-a female gnome with short, orange hair. She was tending the garden when a horde of zombies descended upon the cottage and dragged her into the forest." Several researchers wanted to chase after Dijjit, but Ignizi knew that, between her advanced age and the neophytes' inexperience, a rescue mission could only spell disaster. Leona and Narsisco are still bitter about the decision. "Well the zombies went north, that is all I know. And if I find it odd. No! I find it horrible, a pain in my bony butt and all in all quite bad for my concentration on my research."
Taking another sip of wine she continues."Please could you help finding my student, he has a real way with fungi. Well you could get in touch with my friend Riddywipple, he lives in a hollow log a day's march north, and he can likely help you in this task!"

Grand Lodge

Male Elf
Tracked:
Arcane Reservoir:11/13; Shield Wand:45;InfHeal Wand:43
Arcanist 6 (HP: 32/32)(AC:15/ MA 17/Shield 19/ mage armor&shield21/FF:12,T:13)(F:+5 R:+7 W:+7)(Init:+5)(Perception: +11)

"there seems to be a lot of undead activity in the area as of late. Do you have any idea what is causing any of this?"

Grand Lodge

Male Grippli Shaman 4 | HP 13/27 | AC:18 T:12 FF: 17 CMD: 12 | F+3 R+3 W+10 | Init +7 | Perception +15

"Can you tell us more of this Riddywipple? Is he a gnome as well? I'd love to know what's the color of his hair." Guk wonders aloud.

Grand Lodge

Bard (Archivist) 5 | HP33/33| AC: 17| T: 11 | FF: 16| CMD: 14 | Fort: +3| Ref: +8 | Will: +7 | Init: +5| Perc: +10

Zombies dragged her away? Amelia says surprised. Strange behavior for something the typically just likes to bite in. Seems to me like there may be something directing the fiends if that's true.

The archivist looks over to the actual Pathfinders trapped inside with Ignizi. How about you: have you been okay? Any of you been hit or bit?


Ignizi tries to answer those questions."Nobody is sure, but a rumor is floating around the local gnome communities that something is collecting bodies and gradually building a zombie army. Riddywipple, well, he's been in Sanos Forest longer than most, and knows how to stay alive in the unforgiving woods. He's a bit reclusive and normally doesn't help strangers, but you should drop my name to convince him."

Grand Lodge

Bard (Archivist) 5 | HP33/33| AC: 17| T: 11 | FF: 16| CMD: 14 | Fort: +3| Ref: +8 | Will: +7 | Init: +5| Perc: +10

And you say he lives in a...log? Amelia asks. Is this Riddywipple a plant creature? Ooh, or is he a fey? What sort, a pixie? A sprite? Naiad?


Ignizi just smiles and admits."I honestly do not know. He or she usually hides behind illusions. But he is my friend. In a way. And I do not know if he lives in the log, or close by."

Grand Lodge

hp 45/45 - HEROISM - | Ac 27 (incl Mage armor[+4] and incl Barkskin[+3]) T20 FF 21| Init +8 Fort +8 Ref+12 Will +9 (+2 vs fear & +2 vs enchantment & evasion) | Perception +13 Sense Motive +6 | Ki 2/5 | Reroll 1/1

Healing CLW: 5d8 + 5 ⇒ (6, 4, 7, 6, 5) + 5 = 33
After the fight Garret has asked one of his fellow pathfinders for some curative magic from his wand of cure light wounds.

Garret has quietly eaten a few spoons of soup before he retrieves a small pouch. He puts it on the table and removes a small package of pepper from it. Sprinkling some over his soup he says to Ignizi "You also mentioned an astrolabe. Was that taken by the zombies?"


The gnome smiles and lays an affectionate hand on your arm Garret, informing you that the lab is in Absolom and only of use to divine some probabal ansers. And most likely unusable anyway if handed by rough undead hands. The way she says it is not unkind, but reminds you of a classroom, reinforced by words like young man, or cute boy. For one moment you are not sure if offended, till you remember that gnomes live a very long time and that Ignizi would already be alive when your greatgrandmother was a young girl so she is not wrong.

Grand Lodge

Male Elf
Tracked:
Arcane Reservoir:11/13; Shield Wand:45;InfHeal Wand:43
Arcanist 6 (HP: 32/32)(AC:15/ MA 17/Shield 19/ mage armor&shield21/FF:12,T:13)(F:+5 R:+7 W:+7)(Init:+5)(Perception: +11)

"That is all very good information. We appreciate your assistance in this regard. I wonder if there is anything else you can do to help us ensure we will succeed? Anything else we may need to know or anything we may need?"


Ignizi promises to check her stash later.
Next morning, true to her promise, she hands over three potions ef neutralize poison, two scrolls of detect undead, and a small box of uncut alexandrite worth 500 gp and a potion of cure moderate wounds.
End of Act One


Act Two
You march through the day, following a series of ravines that Ignizi indicated would lead you to Riddywipple's fallen log.
Finally you manage to locate the log, which is distinguished by a series of distinctive carvings that adorn the trees for twenty yards in every direction.

Please roll perception

Grand Lodge

Male Grippli Shaman 4 | HP 13/27 | AC:18 T:12 FF: 17 CMD: 12 | F+3 R+3 W+10 | Init +7 | Perception +15

Perception: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (14) + 15 = 29
Guk merrily hops around, glancing sideways as he goes, his eyes continuously blinking.

Grand Lodge

Bard (Archivist) 5 | HP33/33| AC: 17| T: 11 | FF: 16| CMD: 14 | Fort: +3| Ref: +8 | Will: +7 | Init: +5| Perc: +10

Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (15) + 10 = 25

Is this the...log, then? Amelia says, the day of marching putting no damper in her cheer.

Riddywipple? Are you safe she calls out, arms wide and weaponless. Ignizi sent us. We were all worried about you with the dead about!

Dark Archive

hp 26/39; AC 20 t16 f18 (12 12 10); f 2, r 5, w 7/9 ench; bab 2, melee 1, ranged 4; cmb 1, cmd 13, init +2, woh 33 woclw 46 womm 26 wweb 50 half-elf investigator/1 wizard/5
skills:
acro 6, apprs 4, bluff 8, c alchmy 17, c traps +9, diplo 8, dd 6+5=11, k arcana 12, k nature 8, k local 8, k dung 8, k planes 8, k geog 8, k eng 8, k hist 8, k rel 8, ling 8, k nobil 8, perc 11, spellcrft 14, umd 11

perc: 10 + 11 = 21

To punctuate Amelia's good cheer and attitude, Kel knocks on the log, not too hard, but enough so that anyone inside will hear.

Grand Lodge

hp 45/45 - HEROISM - | Ac 27 (incl Mage armor[+4] and incl Barkskin[+3]) T20 FF 21| Init +8 Fort +8 Ref+12 Will +9 (+2 vs fear & +2 vs enchantment & evasion) | Perception +13 Sense Motive +6 | Ki 2/5 | Reroll 1/1

"Amelia, can you be so kind as to use that protective wand on me?" Garret asks when they get closer to the log.

Perception: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (2) + 13 = 15

"Do you notice what a nice spot this is, I wonder what kind of creature Riddywhipple is." Garret asks out loud, not paying attention to anything.

Liberty's Edge

Male Ulfen HP 57/65| Init +2; Perc +10*| AC 20*, T 13*, FF 18*(Improved Uncanny Dodge, Danger Sense +2) | Fort +8, Ref +4, Will +4|11/17 Round of Rage|

perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (17) + 10 = 27

It would have been nice if she told is what type of creature we are looking for instead of sending us out here blinded.

51 to 100 of 319 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Helikons: The Sanos Abduction Regular All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.