Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Starfinder


Pathfinder Society


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Paizo.com Gift Certificates
On Sale and Clearance!

4-05 The Sanos Abduction (Regular)

Game Master Helikon

The Pathfinders are sent to the Sanos Forest in central Varisia to assist an agent researching the fey who inhabit the remote wood.
Map


1 to 50 of 200 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | next > last >>

Sheila Heidmarch
The renowned Venture-Captain Sheila Heidmarch strides into her study at the Magnimar lodge. Her eyes scan the space with habitual vigilance, honed by years of successful adventuring. Satisfied that there's nothing amiss, she stands behind her desk, and turns her blade-like attention to the party before her.
"The Pathfinder Society has long been interested in the First World-the otherworldly realm of the fey. By all accounts the fey homeland is dangerous, bizarre, and entirely unpredictable. It's the very type of place sane people avoid, and Pathfinders flock toward.
"Countless expeditions and research teams have been dispatched over the years to investigate regions where the boundaries between the First World and our own Plane grow threadbare. Sanos Forest, which lies to the east of this very lodge, is one such place. The Pathfinder Society's latest
research party is currently stationed there, under the capable direction of the druid lgnizi Dinnelletter.
" Dinnelletter doesn't normally work well with others, but this time she's got several newly recruited Pathfinders assisting her. We thought it prudent that she pass on some of her best practices, just in case. After all, we Pathfinders are not known for our longevity. Dinnelletter is entirely selfsufficient, but unfortunately the same cannot be said for her five trainees. Consequently, lgnizi's station needs to be resupplied periodically, something the Magnimar lodge has taken responsibility for. You lot have been chosen to make the next supply run to Sanos Forest, and will leave first thing in the morning. It's not a glamorous detail, but the fey forest never lacks for intrigue, and I'm sure you'll make the most of it. "Your mission is simple: Deliver a pack horse loaded with supplies to Dinnelletter's cottage in Sanos. I don't expect any problems, but you never know with the fey. If lgnizi needs any additional help, please assist her in any way possible. And do try to be patient. lgnizi can be a handful."

Grand Lodge

Male Grippli Shaman 4 | HP 27/27 | AC:19* T:12 FF: 17 CMD: 12 | F+3 R+4* W+10 | Init +7 | Perception +15

"Is this the place where they hand out free cookies? *Ribbit* If such a place exists anyways..." The enthusiastic voice of an anthropomorphic toad lets out. The creature is a rather uncommon sight. It's barely as big as a gnome, with large round eyes blinking as they stare at the many Pathfinders attending Sheila Heidmarch's meeting. Its skin is blue, as those of the poisonous frogs from Mwangi. What is even stranger are the grippli's thick and furry eyebrows.

"The First World, you say? *Ribbit* Color me excited! I have ties with various spirits of nature, and would relish exploring these further. Do you know any kind of fey we'd be more likely to encounter?" he quickly adds, realizing his questions about cookies might not be socially adapted to the circumstance.

Any knowledge rolls we can attempt at this point?

Dark Archive

hp 39/39; AC 20 t16 f18 (12 12 10); f 2, r 5, w 7/9 ench; bab 2, melee 1, ranged 4; cmb 1, cmd 13, init +2, woh 34 woclw 46 womm 26 wweb 50 half-elf investigator/1 wizard/5
skills:
acro 6, apprs 4, bluff 8, c alchmy 17, c traps +9, diplo 8, dd 6+5=11, k arcana 12, k nature 8, k local 8, k dung 8, k planes 8, k geog 8, k eng 8, k hist 8, k rel 8, ling 8, k nobil 8, perc 11, spellcrft 12

Hello again Ms Heidmarch... Good to see you one more time... Sanos Forest you say? This could be interesting, yes, quite interesting." He looks to Guk and smiles. "Ah, a grippli... I've met a few of your kind already... though I've never seen a blue one before. A pleasure, I'm sure. I'm Celidrian, but you can call me Kel for short.. much easier in a pinch. I am an arcane caster and a student of ecletic lore as well... I look forward to journeying with you. I wonder who our other companions will be."

Grand Lodge

Bard (Archivist) 5 | HP 33/33| AC: 17| T: 11 | FF: 16| CMD: 14 | Fort: +3| Ref: +8 | Will: +7 | Init: +5| Perc: +10

The Kelishite woman in well-worn traveling gear pulls out a scroll and starts furiously scribbling as Shiela begins the briefing.

"Just a dry drop then? Sounds simple enough. Tell me: is there a tight crunch for us to hop straight back? Would love to stay at the cottage and talk to her a while. Still plenty to learn about fey, and if this Dinnelletter's good enough to work with I'd love to pick her brain for a bit. Nature's section's been a bit light these past issues."

She gently nudges away the fox perched on her shoulder as it starts to lean between her face and the paper. Her focus broken for a moment, she catches herself and adjusts her hat while extending her arm to the other Pathfinders.

"Sorry fellas, how rude of me. Amelia Acher, Kortos Chronicle. We're a small outfit, but I and the rest do our best to pick up good stories where we can. I'm pleased as a peach with how the interview with the ooze noble went myself...

Grand Lodge

hp 44/45 | Ac 27 (incl Mage armor[+4] and incl Barkskin[+3]) T20 FF 18| Init +8 Fort +8 Ref+12 Will +9 (+2 vs fear & +2 vs enchantment) | Perception +13 Sense Motive +6 | Ki 3/5 | Reroll 1/1

The halfling takes out a small paper bag from his haversack and offers it to the frog "Here, these are my from my latest batch. Tell me if you like them."

He looks to the others "Do you also want some, there is enough to share. I am Garret, Garret Greenbottle. When I am not on a mission I like to cook. I will provide for the meals on this journey, so if you have any dietary requests please let me know."

The halfling is dressed in an explorer outfit and has a stick leaning to his chair.

Grand Lodge

Male Elf
Tracked:
Arcane Reservoir:11/13; Shield Wand:45;InfHl Wand:43
Arcanist 6 (HP: 32/32)(AC:15/ MA 17/Shield 19/ mage armor&shield21/FF:12,T:13)(F:+5 R:+7 W:+7)(Init:+5)(Perception: +11)

A regal looking elf stands up in the corner to speak. Up until now he had been quietly reading from a tome and sipping some berry wine. "Simply deliver a pack horse is all this tasking entails? Hardly seems worth dragging me out of the Grand Library. I am sure the rest of you can manage this dangerous task on your own. Yet I am in debt to the Lodge for allowing me my current sabbatical... so I guess I will have to join you all. Does anyone speak Sylvan in the event we come across fey?...anyone other than me of course..."

hmmm an Arcanist, an Investiwizard, a library Bard, a pint sized monk and a wee shaman...this should be fun. If we cant make the Knowledge checks then the lot of us should be fired

Dark Archive

hp 39/39; AC 20 t16 f18 (12 12 10); f 2, r 5, w 7/9 ench; bab 2, melee 1, ranged 4; cmb 1, cmd 13, init +2, woh 34 woclw 46 womm 26 wweb 50 half-elf investigator/1 wizard/5
skills:
acro 6, apprs 4, bluff 8, c alchmy 17, c traps +9, diplo 8, dd 6+5=11, k arcana 12, k nature 8, k local 8, k dung 8, k planes 8, k geog 8, k eng 8, k hist 8, k rel 8, ling 8, k nobil 8, perc 11, spellcrft 12

Kel turns to the pureblood and sighs softly... "That's a language I'd like to learn, but haven't had a chance yet... Perhaps you can teach me along the way? I'd love to learn it!"

Grand Lodge

Male Elf
Tracked:
Arcane Reservoir:11/13; Shield Wand:45;InfHl Wand:43
Arcanist 6 (HP: 32/32)(AC:15/ MA 17/Shield 19/ mage armor&shield21/FF:12,T:13)(F:+5 R:+7 W:+7)(Init:+5)(Perception: +11)

Galandaro raises an eyebrow at the half-elfling, then smiles and says "But of course..." ... then sits back down to continue reading as the others dilly-dally.

Grand Lodge

hp 44/45 | Ac 27 (incl Mage armor[+4] and incl Barkskin[+3]) T20 FF 18| Init +8 Fort +8 Ref+12 Will +9 (+2 vs fear & +2 vs enchantment) | Perception +13 Sense Motive +6 | Ki 3/5 | Reroll 1/1

"No, I don't speak Sylvan, but I am fairly competent in Elven and Gnomish"

Grand Lodge

Male Elf
Tracked:
Arcane Reservoir:11/13; Shield Wand:45;InfHl Wand:43
Arcanist 6 (HP: 32/32)(AC:15/ MA 17/Shield 19/ mage armor&shield21/FF:12,T:13)(F:+5 R:+7 W:+7)(Init:+5)(Perception: +11)

"Truly remarkable..." Galandaro replies without looking up as he flips the next page...


Lady Heidmarch responds to your questions."That's a question I'm keen to learn the answer to myself. Ignizi's reputation affords
her something of a carte blanche when it comes to matters of First World research and we won't know exactly what she's up to until she has finally concluded her work. Knowing Ignizi, though, it will likely mean trouble."
Answering Galadnaro´s words she says "Dinnelletter's
shopping list is always a little eccentric. It consists mostly of alchemical supplies and food-nothing worth stealing. If you run into any trouble on the road, it won't be because of the cargo."

Grand Lodge

Male Grippli Shaman 4 | HP 27/27 | AC:19* T:12 FF: 17 CMD: 12 | F+3 R+4* W+10 | Init +7 | Perception +15

The grippli blinks at all his companions as they introduce themselves one after the other. It is only then he realize that he hasn't done so himself. "Apologies! *Ribbit* I am Guk Stormchaser, sailor and spirit talker extraordinaire! Glad to join you all, really! *Ribbit* As for languages, I can speak Sylvan fluently, the language of the fey." he quickly adds.

Dark Archive

hp 39/39; AC 20 t16 f18 (12 12 10); f 2, r 5, w 7/9 ench; bab 2, melee 1, ranged 4; cmb 1, cmd 13, init +2, woh 34 woclw 46 womm 26 wweb 50 half-elf investigator/1 wizard/5
skills:
acro 6, apprs 4, bluff 8, c alchmy 17, c traps +9, diplo 8, dd 6+5=11, k arcana 12, k nature 8, k local 8, k dung 8, k planes 8, k geog 8, k eng 8, k hist 8, k rel 8, ling 8, k nobil 8, perc 11, spellcrft 12

"SPirit talker? May I make the broad assumption that you then have something to do with the divine? If so, I have this wand of cure light here in my belt... if you've need of it, just help yourself or ask if I'm conscious. Feel free to use it on whoever might need it, for what benefits one of us, benefits us all."

Grand Lodge

Male Grippli Shaman 4 | HP 27/27 | AC:19* T:12 FF: 17 CMD: 12 | F+3 R+4* W+10 | Init +7 | Perception +15

"I am a spokesperson... or spokesfrog? ... of sorts for spirits of nature. *Ribbit* But yes, I can use these wands, and will happily do so."

Grand Lodge

Bard (Archivist) 5 | HP 33/33| AC: 17| T: 11 | FF: 16| CMD: 14 | Fort: +3| Ref: +8 | Will: +7 | Init: +5| Perc: +10

Spokesfrog you say? What sorts of spirits speak through you? Mostly amphibian wisps, or more variety? Are they connected to the First World? Amelia asks the grippli, fascinated.

Oh, and if wands are an issue, I can pop those off too. Just need to know how to give them the right tender love and care!

Grand Lodge

hp 44/45 | Ac 27 (incl Mage armor[+4] and incl Barkskin[+3]) T20 FF 18| Init +8 Fort +8 Ref+12 Will +9 (+2 vs fear & +2 vs enchantment) | Perception +13 Sense Motive +6 | Ki 3/5 | Reroll 1/1

"In that case, can I give these to you Amelia? The gnarly one heals wounds while that alabaster wand produces an arcane force field that prevents hits in combat."

CLW and Mage Armor

Grand Lodge

Male Elf
Tracked:
Arcane Reservoir:11/13; Shield Wand:45;InfHl Wand:43
Arcanist 6 (HP: 32/32)(AC:15/ MA 17/Shield 19/ mage armor&shield21/FF:12,T:13)(F:+5 R:+7 W:+7)(Init:+5)(Perception: +11)

"Well then, have we distributed the necessary gear? Shall we commence this journey? And by the way, who shall drive the animals laden with cargo? That is one thing I have not trained in."

Grand Lodge

Male Grippli Shaman 4 | HP 27/27 | AC:19* T:12 FF: 17 CMD: 12 | F+3 R+4* W+10 | Init +7 | Perception +15

"I'll take care of the beasts of burden. *Ribbit* Leave them to me."

-Posted with Wayfinder

Grand Lodge

Male Elf
Tracked:
Arcane Reservoir:11/13; Shield Wand:45;InfHl Wand:43
Arcanist 6 (HP: 32/32)(AC:15/ MA 17/Shield 19/ mage armor&shield21/FF:12,T:13)(F:+5 R:+7 W:+7)(Init:+5)(Perception: +11)

"How wonderful... this adventure is paying off already..." the elf says. He finishes his wine, closes his book and puts it away. "By the way, do we know where this cottage is located? This Ignizi, I take it by the name she is a gnome? What is she researching if I may ask? I have done research in the past and am well versed in many topics... as I am sure many of us here are as well. We might be able to assist her if we knew what the topic of research is."

Grand Lodge

hp 44/45 | Ac 27 (incl Mage armor[+4] and incl Barkskin[+3]) T20 FF 18| Init +8 Fort +8 Ref+12 Will +9 (+2 vs fear & +2 vs enchantment) | Perception +13 Sense Motive +6 | Ki 3/5 | Reroll 1/1

Garret pipes in "Did I tell you I speak Gnomish?"


You will be issued a map and a few mules for the journey. As to the question of the subject of the researvh, she admitted thst she does not know more than some general ideas.

Grand Lodge

Bard (Archivist) 5 | HP 33/33| AC: 17| T: 11 | FF: 16| CMD: 14 | Fort: +3| Ref: +8 | Will: +7 | Init: +5| Perc: +10
Garret wrote:
"In that case, can I give these to you Amelia? The gnarly one heals wounds while that alabaster wand produces an arcane force field that prevents hits in combat."

Certainly! the Kelshite says as she takes the offered stick. Wouldn't do any of us any good to see you take a bad blow from a tree.[/b]

And I'm not exactly Irori when it comes to every topic, but I've picked up enough things in my time that hopefully I'll be able to add my two cents. Experience is the best teacher, and I've had a few let me tell you.


Addressing you again Shaeila speaks up."Any other questions? I have other things to do!"

Grand Lodge

hp 44/45 | Ac 27 (incl Mage armor[+4] and incl Barkskin[+3]) T20 FF 18| Init +8 Fort +8 Ref+12 Will +9 (+2 vs fear & +2 vs enchantment) | Perception +13 Sense Motive +6 | Ki 3/5 | Reroll 1/1

"No ma'am, we will take our leave and supply those initiates.

ready to move on

Grand Lodge

Male Grippli Shaman 4 | HP 27/27 | AC:19* T:12 FF: 17 CMD: 12 | F+3 R+4* W+10 | Init +7 | Perception +15

Guk hops outside in order to inspect the mules. Shortly after, he nods that he's ready to venture forth.

-Posted with Wayfinder

Liberty's Edge

Male Ulfen Unchained Barbarian 6 |HP 65/65| Init +2; Perc +10*| AC 20*, T 13*, FF 18*(Improved Uncanny Dodge, Danger Sense +2) | Fort +8, Ref +4, Will +4|14/17 Round of Rage|

An ulfen man comes through the door as the other get set to depart. Did I miss anything?[b]

He moves from the door way, [b]Ms Heidmarch, sorry I was late. I was celebrating in Absalom and lost track of time. But do not worry, I am up for whatever you asked of me. And I am sure my comrades will fill me in.

Well met fellow pathfinders, I am Eramos. It seems we have never worked together before. But never you mind, I will protect you all to the best of my ability.He shrugs his shoulders, repositioning his greatsword more evenly on his back.

Dark Archive

hp 39/39; AC 20 t16 f18 (12 12 10); f 2, r 5, w 7/9 ench; bab 2, melee 1, ranged 4; cmb 1, cmd 13, init +2, woh 34 woclw 46 womm 26 wweb 50 half-elf investigator/1 wizard/5
skills:
acro 6, apprs 4, bluff 8, c alchmy 17, c traps +9, diplo 8, dd 6+5=11, k arcana 12, k nature 8, k local 8, k dung 8, k planes 8, k geog 8, k eng 8, k hist 8, k rel 8, ling 8, k nobil 8, perc 11, spellcrft 12

Kel responds to Amelia with a smile... "Then by all means, feel free to use the wand as needed to keep me or any of the others on their feet."

"Hello, ERamos.. I am Kel, and I love having someone between me and danger... I'll do my best to supplement your brawn with some magic and some healing when needed..."

"Speaking of healing, I do have a wand that I CAN use.. but some folks decline its healing properties as being of an unsavory nature infernal healing. If you have such objections, please state so now, so I know not to use it on you except in the MOST dire of circumstances. I WILL save your life if it comes down to life or death choice."

"As for this mission, I am ready to go whenever you all are."

Liberty's Edge

Male Ulfen Unchained Barbarian 6 |HP 65/65| Init +2; Perc +10*| AC 20*, T 13*, FF 18*(Improved Uncanny Dodge, Danger Sense +2) | Fort +8, Ref +4, Will +4|14/17 Round of Rage|

Hmmm. magic you say. I am not too keen on magic. Be sure to warn me before you start chanting or waving your fingers, especially if it affects me. But, I am glad to have you along regardless.

Grand Lodge

hp 44/45 | Ac 27 (incl Mage armor[+4] and incl Barkskin[+3]) T20 FF 18| Init +8 Fort +8 Ref+12 Will +9 (+2 vs fear & +2 vs enchantment) | Perception +13 Sense Motive +6 | Ki 3/5 | Reroll 1/1

"Would that wand of yours oblige me to do anything Kel? If not I am fine with it, but I do not want to enter some infernal pact..."

Dark Archive

hp 39/39; AC 20 t16 f18 (12 12 10); f 2, r 5, w 7/9 ench; bab 2, melee 1, ranged 4; cmb 1, cmd 13, init +2, woh 34 woclw 46 womm 26 wweb 50 half-elf investigator/1 wizard/5
skills:
acro 6, apprs 4, bluff 8, c alchmy 17, c traps +9, diplo 8, dd 6+5=11, k arcana 12, k nature 8, k local 8, k dung 8, k planes 8, k geog 8, k eng 8, k hist 8, k rel 8, ling 8, k nobil 8, perc 11, spellcrft 12

"There is no pact nor obligation, it's just the 'ingredient' for the initial casting is a bit unsavory, requiring the use of unholy water."

Grand Lodge

Male Elf
Tracked:
Arcane Reservoir:11/13; Shield Wand:45;InfHl Wand:43
Arcanist 6 (HP: 32/32)(AC:15/ MA 17/Shield 19/ mage armor&shield21/FF:12,T:13)(F:+5 R:+7 W:+7)(Init:+5)(Perception: +11)

"oh good... a warrior to join us on the task at hand. I feel better already."


As no one has any other questions Lady Heimarch bids you farewell.

You march east along the Dry Way-the trade road along the northern bank of the mighty Yondabakari River toward Korvosa-for several days.
There you spot a distinctive stream, which according to your instructions you should follow north into Sanos Forest.
Once you are in the woods, all signs of humanoid activity abate.
Midway through their first day in the forest, you approach a small vale where they catch a whiff of rotting meat, find several bear tracks, and notice the forest has suddenly gone quiet.
According to your instructions, you should be within half a mile of the cottage where Ignizi Dinnelletter lives.

End of Prelude

Dark Archive

hp 39/39; AC 20 t16 f18 (12 12 10); f 2, r 5, w 7/9 ench; bab 2, melee 1, ranged 4; cmb 1, cmd 13, init +2, woh 34 woclw 46 womm 26 wweb 50 half-elf investigator/1 wizard/5
skills:
acro 6, apprs 4, bluff 8, c alchmy 17, c traps +9, diplo 8, dd 6+5=11, k arcana 12, k nature 8, k local 8, k dung 8, k planes 8, k geog 8, k eng 8, k hist 8, k rel 8, ling 8, k nobil 8, perc 11, spellcrft 12

"This doesn't bode well... it's too quiet... and it smells like... well.. death... "


Chapter 1: Cottage Under Siege
MAP
As you come closer to the cottage you hear noise and find it besieged by three large feathered hulking beasts and 2 lizard like beasts

KnowEng 17:
The windows and doors are reinforced but it is weaking and will break in one minute

KnowRel15:
This Owlbear is undead. You can ask more questions for every 5 points you exceed 15.

Ini Wizard: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7
Ini Galandro: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9
Ini Garret: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9
Ini Eramos: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11
Ini Gluk: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24
Ini Amilia: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19
Ini Bears: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21
Ini Lizards: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24
Bold may post
GLuk
Lizards
Bear
Amilia
Eramos
Garret
Galandro
Wizard

Grand Lodge

hp 44/45 | Ac 27 (incl Mage armor[+4] and incl Barkskin[+3]) T20 FF 18| Init +8 Fort +8 Ref+12 Will +9 (+2 vs fear & +2 vs enchantment) | Perception +13 Sense Motive +6 | Ki 3/5 | Reroll 1/1

KnowRel: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13

"Stop that!"

Dark Archive

hp 39/39; AC 20 t16 f18 (12 12 10); f 2, r 5, w 7/9 ench; bab 2, melee 1, ranged 4; cmb 1, cmd 13, init +2, woh 34 woclw 46 womm 26 wweb 50 half-elf investigator/1 wizard/5
skills:
acro 6, apprs 4, bluff 8, c alchmy 17, c traps +9, diplo 8, dd 6+5=11, k arcana 12, k nature 8, k local 8, k dung 8, k planes 8, k geog 8, k eng 8, k hist 8, k rel 8, ling 8, k nobil 8, perc 11, spellcrft 12

know eng dc 17: 1d20 + 8 + 1d6 ⇒ (18) + 8 + (2) = 28

know rel dc 15: 1d20 + 8 + 1d6 ⇒ (3) + 8 + (4) = 15

"This place isn't going to stand against that kind of assault for long... I give it a minute at the most... We've got to distract that beast! Oh, and it's not alive... that stench may be coming from it... it's quite undead. Not sure what kind of undead, but doesn't seem skeletal." He shrugs at that last statement because he can barely tell that it's undead.

He reaches for his spell component pouch as he contemplates what to cast to distract it... just waiting for inits

Grand Lodge

Male Grippli Shaman 4 | HP 27/27 | AC:19* T:12 FF: 17 CMD: 12 | F+3 R+4* W+10 | Init +7 | Perception +15

Guk appears surprised to find such agressive creature there. He blinks twice, then retrieves a wand in his belt and waves it around while chanting mumbo-jumbo.

Retrieving, then using my wand of bless (+1 morale bonus to attack rolls and saving throws against fear on all allies). 5-ft step as per map.

Knowledge (religion): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9

Grand Lodge

hp 44/45 | Ac 27 (incl Mage armor[+4] and incl Barkskin[+3]) T20 FF 18| Init +8 Fort +8 Ref+12 Will +9 (+2 vs fear & +2 vs enchantment) | Perception +13 Sense Motive +6 | Ki 3/5 | Reroll 1/1

"I will trip that feathery thing close to me! Someone else take care of the lizard, creatures on four legs are a lot harder to trip!"

Melee characters would know that normally a small halfling is not able to trip a large creature


One bear attacks Eramos
Bite: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 151d6 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9
Claw: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (10) + 9 = 191d6 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8
Claw: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 141d6 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9
Slam: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 111d6 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8
And one charges Galandro
Bite: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (19) + 11 = 301d6 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8
The other comes closer.
Also two lizards come closer from the woods, but are not able to attack this round.

Grand Lodge

Bard (Archivist) 5 | HP 33/33| AC: 17| T: 11 | FF: 16| CMD: 14 | Fort: +3| Ref: +8 | Will: +7 | Init: +5| Perc: +10

Know Engineering: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 10
Know Religion: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 15

Hmm, quiet's not the worst thing in the world, Amelia starts as they approach the cabin. Seeing multiple creatures smashing at the door, she quickly changes her tune.

Uh oh. Those things in front are owlbears. And by the smell of them undead ones. Don't waste your time on trying to mess with their minds - they've long since rotted. Still, a good smack tends to take care of the more skeletal beasts, or a slash if they're fleshier.

The one by Ermaos seems to be favoring its left side. Feint's aren't worth the trouble, but the right limbs could be weaker. Strike low to get under the claws! As Amelia begins analyzing the beasts and drawing on her research to lecture about tactics, she draws out her own crossbow.

Amelia will start using her Naturalist Bardic song ability vs the owlbears. Everyone gets +2 to attack rolls against them, and +2 to AC and on saves against them.

Also, is there a knowledge check to ID the lizard things?


KnowRel16:
Those are skeletal Hodags

Grand Lodge

hp 44/45 | Ac 27 (incl Mage armor[+4] and incl Barkskin[+3]) T20 FF 18| Init +8 Fort +8 Ref+12 Will +9 (+2 vs fear & +2 vs enchantment) | Perception +13 Sense Motive +6 | Ki 3/5 | Reroll 1/1

Garret circles around the owlbear ands stick his walking stick between its legs. The big beast falls over and the halfling follows up with a kick to its abdomen.

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (10) + 16 = 26
Trip Large enemy + Flank song: 1d20 + 14 + 1 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 14 + 1 + 2 + 2 = 33 I assume that is enough. Have moved it because of Ki throw
Vicious stomp vs prone: 1d20 + 10 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 10 + 2 + 2 = 20
Bludgeoning damage: 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6

Garret can trip large opponents because he is threated as medium for tripping, thanks to archetype.

"You kill that one while it is down, I will get the next!"

Liberty's Edge

Male Ulfen Unchained Barbarian 6 |HP 65/65| Init +2; Perc +10*| AC 20*, T 13*, FF 18*(Improved Uncanny Dodge, Danger Sense +2) | Fort +8, Ref +4, Will +4|14/17 Round of Rage|

In a one motion, Eramos bring his sword off his shoulders and swings at the beast.

attack #1 vs #3: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (17) + 13 = 30
damage: 2d6 + 11 ⇒ (2, 4) + 11 = 17

He then brings the blade back for a follow up here.
attack #2 vs #3: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20
damage: 2d6 + 11 ⇒ (3, 3) + 11 = 17

AC is 22


One bear is tripped, the other wounded, but not out. Galandro& wizards turn

Grand Lodge

Male Grippli Shaman 4 | HP 27/27 | AC:19* T:12 FF: 17 CMD: 12 | F+3 R+4* W+10 | Init +7 | Perception +15

In order to keep the pace up, I'll already post next round's action if that's okay for you Helikon, since I act after my companions and before the monsters.

Guk glares at the owlbear that's still standing and curses it!

"The spirits of nature find you unnatural. *Ribbit* There's no outcome for you but utter destruction." he gloats, then chants.

Using my Misfortune hex (Will DC 17, lasts one round if it fails the save), then chanting to extend the duration by one round). If it fails the save, anytime the creature attempts an ability check, attack roll, saving throw, or skill check, it must roll twice and take the worse result.

Dark Archive

hp 39/39; AC 20 t16 f18 (12 12 10); f 2, r 5, w 7/9 ench; bab 2, melee 1, ranged 4; cmb 1, cmd 13, init +2, woh 34 woclw 46 womm 26 wweb 50 half-elf investigator/1 wizard/5
skills:
acro 6, apprs 4, bluff 8, c alchmy 17, c traps +9, diplo 8, dd 6+5=11, k arcana 12, k nature 8, k local 8, k dung 8, k planes 8, k geog 8, k eng 8, k hist 8, k rel 8, ling 8, k nobil 8, perc 11, spellcrft 12

know religion: 1d20 + 8 + 1d6 ⇒ (19) + 8 + (6) = 33

cast defensively, dc 21: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (12) + 9 = 21

Kel defensively casts haste on the party...


will: 1d20 ⇒ 15

Grand Lodge

Male Elf
Tracked:
Arcane Reservoir:11/13; Shield Wand:45;InfHl Wand:43
Arcanist 6 (HP: 32/32)(AC:15/ MA 17/Shield 19/ mage armor&shield21/FF:12,T:13)(F:+5 R:+7 W:+7)(Init:+5)(Perception: +11)

Galandaro takes a step back out of range of both beasts and summons arcane power to send forth a stream of acid at the bear that attacked him...

Exploit Ranged Touch: 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 5 + 1 = 26..DMG: 3d6 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (5, 5, 2) + 3 + 1 = 16

Possible Crit, Ranged Touch: 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 5 + 1 = 14..DMG: 3d6 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (5, 4, 6) + 3 + 1 = 19


Misjudging the reach of the beast his attack provokes an attack of opportunity.
AOO: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (9) + 9 = 181d6 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8 This attack hurts the arcanist, but he is not to be denied
But his attack dissolves the 2nd owlbear, that was already heavely damaged by Eramos
The first Lizard moves forward and is close to eramos, but can´t attack.
The second charges Amelia. charge: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (18) + 11 = 291d8 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7
The last zombieowlbear moves forward and attacks the monk.
bite: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (20) + 9 = 291d6 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8
claw: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (16) + 9 = 251d6 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8
claw: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (18) + 9 = 271d6 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8
slam: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (16) + 9 = 251d6 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10
grab: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (5) + 14 = 19
grab: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (7) + 14 = 21
confirmbite: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 101d6 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7 The monk is heavely damaged
The other stands up (You have an attack of opportunity)
and attacks the the monk, too.
bite: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 131d6 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6

Rest of the pathfinders

Liberty's Edge

Male Ulfen Unchained Barbarian 6 |HP 65/65| Init +2; Perc +10*| AC 20*, T 13*, FF 18*(Improved Uncanny Dodge, Danger Sense +2) | Fort +8, Ref +4, Will +4|14/17 Round of Rage|

aoo vs standing up: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11
damage: 2d6 + 11 ⇒ (5, 6) + 11 = 22

Eramos takes a half hearted swing at the owl bear standing up.

1 to 50 of 200 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Helikons: The Sanos Abduction Regular All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.