Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


1.) GM Edwin's Jade Regent

Game Master Insnare

Sandpoint and its Sandpointlers cannot get any rest from their neighbors.


101 to 150 of 3,213 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Apologies for the delay, and thanks for your patience. I was unable to access the site at all yesterday - did anyone else have trouble?

Round One:

"Thanks! Liu Na grunts to Lina. With a flick of her wrist the ninja's mithral fighting fan drops into her hand and snaps open. The half-elf then begins an intricate and hypnotic battle dance to distract the goblin before her.

Swift action to retrieve mithral fighting fan from spring-loaded wrist sheath. Standard action to feint against goblin. Note: feinting in combat does not provoke AoO.

Feint check (Bluff check DC = 10 + goblin's BAB + goblin's Wis modifier): 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 6 + 2 = 14 (includes +2 for distracting weapon property)
If feint is successful, Liu Na's next melee attack against the goblin does not allow the goblin to use its Dex bonus to AC.

Liu Na's AC: 16
Liu Na's HP: 10/10


Shot Putter Funkmeister

Your feint attempt was successful, I also had some trouble last night.

Takeshi advances toward goblin 2 and attacks but the goblin sidestepped the strike without much ado.

Jorland whips out his axe and quickly severs his opponent's head which richochets off the blade and pops into the drink with a moderate splash.

Goblin 5 attacks Liu with a dogslicer 1d20 ⇒ 16
Damage 1d4 - 1 ⇒ (3) - 1 = 2 She connects with a side swipe.
Goblin 2 drops his bow and attacks Takeshi with a dogslicer 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9 The goblin's attack barely misses by an inch.


Shot Putter Funkmeister

At long last Kalistrine can get some vengeance :)


Female Changeling Barbarian 4 (Scarred Rager) (AC 15, ff 19, t 10. HP 56/56 (Rage HP 64/64). Init +0, Perception +6, DV 60ft. F +6, R +1, W +1 (+3 vs Charm, Compulsion)

What Goblins are left and are any currently un-engaged? Is the one who shot her still alive?


Shot Putter Funkmeister

Goblin 1 is currently unengaged and Jorland just lopped off the head from the goblin who attacked you.


Female Changeling Barbarian 4 (Scarred Rager) (AC 15, ff 19, t 10. HP 56/56 (Rage HP 64/64). Init +0, Perception +6, DV 60ft. F +6, R +1, W +1 (+3 vs Charm, Compulsion)

Howling in fury or in pain as the Goblin's arrow strikes her - it's difficult to tell which, and perhaps immaterial - Kalistrine hurls her Chakram at one of the Goblins not currently battling one of her side.

Chakram ranged: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15
Damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

If it fails to put the Goblin down, she moves towards it, drawing her axe as she does so with a fiendish look on her face.

If it puts the Goblin down, she does the same and moves to flank the one attacking Liu Na.


Shot Putter Funkmeister

Kalistrine's Chakram hits home and bloodies the goblin but he is still on his feet.

Round 2

Goblin 1 tries to run away, this promps an AOO for Kalistrine.

Then Lina, Liu, Takeshi, Jorland, Goblins 5 and 2, and the Kalistrine.


Female Changeling Barbarian 4 (Scarred Rager) (AC 15, ff 19, t 10. HP 56/56 (Rage HP 64/64). Init +0, Perception +6, DV 60ft. F +6, R +1, W +1 (+3 vs Charm, Compulsion)

Taking advantage of the Goblin's cowardice, Kalistrine attempts to make it the fellow's last act by planting an axe between his shoulder blades.

Battleaxe of Opportunity: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10
Damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8


Shot Putter Funkmeister

Kalistrine swings big, misses, and the goblins scurries away, leaving a trail of blood behind him. The scurry becomes a limp after his body reacts to his original wound.


Male Human (Ulfen) Ranger(BeastMaster and Infiltrator) 2 Ninja 1 HP 24/24 AC 21 Touch 13 Flat 18 F +4 R +8 W +0 Int + 3 Per + 6

Just an FYI, I am still here but I am waiting my turn in initiative order just to see what gobbos are left. Think I've got three folks in front of me still. Also, the wounded gobby who scurried away can't have got too far, how far did he get in feet?"


Shot Putter Funkmeister

about 30 feet. But as a ranger you shouldnt have trouble finding him :)


Round Two:

Seeing her foe distracted by her battle dance, Liu Na lunges forward and slashes her mithral fighting fan's wickedly sharp tines across the goblin's throat.

Standard action to attack goblin 5, who is denied Dex bonus to AC due to Liu Na's successful feint (making sneak attack damage possible).

Fighting Fan Attack: 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 4 + 1 = 21 (expending Lina's Guidance)
Damage: 1d4 + 1 + 1d6 ⇒ (1) + 1 + (4) = 6 slashing damage

Liu Na's AC: 16
Liu Na's HP: 8/10


Shot Putter Funkmeister

Goblin 5 gets sliced, diced and jullienned by Liu's Fan display and gurgles in Goblin...

Spoiler:
Me shouldza gone to Kibwe with me's cousin...


Shot Putter Funkmeister

The last goblin in the combat zone is goblin 2 who is engaged in a melee with Takeshi. We got Lina, Takeshi, Jorland and then if he makes it Goblin 2 then Kalistrine.


Female Human Oracle 2 (AC:17 HP:10/13 Fort:1 Ref:5 Will:2 CMD:16 Init:4)

Seeing Kalistrine hurt, Lina rushes forward to help. Putting her hand on her back, she she sees a flash of a butterfly. I know what to do! "Desna's grace make you whole." Kali feels a warm sensation as healing magic flows through her, closing her wounds.

cure light wounds: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7


    Male human (Tien) Magus (Kensai) 4
HP 5/26 {effects: none} | AC 20 Tch 20 FF 10 | F +5, R +2, W +4 | Init +2 | Perc +2
Dailies:
Arcane Pool 6/6

Takeshi, shifts to the side, a short step to get further around the goblin, and then takes his katana in both hands and swings.

5-ft step around goblin to either get behind or towards that, to allow for future flanking, if necessary.
Attack w/ +1 weapon from earlier AP use (no longer fighting defensively):
1d20 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 3 + 1 = 20
Damage:
1d10 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 4 + 1 = 7


Shot Putter Funkmeister

Takeshi filets the Goblin with his Katana and the blood flies through the air making a healthy mess .

Congratulations!!!! Encounter accomplished.


Male Human (Ulfen) Ranger(BeastMaster and Infiltrator) 2 Ninja 1 HP 24/24 AC 21 Touch 13 Flat 18 F +4 R +8 W +0 Int + 3 Per + 6

I raise my axe. "Victory! Now we go and hunt down the rest of that blasted tribe." I look to the others. "Do you all think we should follow that wounded goblin to his home or continue to proudstump's place. Both seem reasonable but I would like to know how the rest of you feel?" As I wait for an answer I retrieve my Javelin from the goblin I threw it at the start of the fight.


Liu Na wipes the goblin blood from her fighting fan as she considers Jorland's words. "As much as I'd like to eradicate all of the goblins in this swamp, there's no guarantee the one that fled will lead us to their lair. I've waited this long for vengeance - I say we find Proudstump and see what kind of help he can give us."

The half-elf ninja bends down to search the body of the goblin she killed, and to see if the arrow she shot her foe with is recoverable.

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26


Male Human (Ulfen) Ranger(BeastMaster and Infiltrator) 2 Ninja 1 HP 24/24 AC 21 Touch 13 Flat 18 F +4 R +8 W +0 Int + 3 Per + 6

I look in the direction the goblin ran. "Tch. That's one less ear we have to turn in. I hope he ran to his home so we can collect it later. For now, lets frisk these buggers fer anything of value an take deir ears for the bounty. Then lets head on to Proudstumps." I begin to move among the gobbies and remove an ear from each and search their belongings for anything of value.


Shot Putter Funkmeister

Searching the bodies, Liu finds her arrow broken, 20 silver pieces, six darts, dogslicer, thieves tools, a cowbell, a birdcage, a toad, and a grappling hook.

Jorland finds 17 arrows, 15 silver pieces, 3 shortbows and 3 dogslicers.

Everyone award themselves 228 XP for the fight.

While Liu is searching her Goblin she sees a body floating in the stream next to the bridge.


    Male human (Tien) Magus (Kensai) 4
HP 5/26 {effects: none} | AC 20 Tch 20 FF 10 | F +5, R +2, W +4 | Init +2 | Perc +2
Dailies:
Arcane Pool 6/6

Takeshi flicks his katana out, causing the blood to spray off of it before he wipes and sheaths it.

"The one that got away may warn others of his tribe, but if their ambushes' are like this one, it shouldn't be too much of a problem. Let's see what this Proudstump has to offer."


Female Changeling Barbarian 4 (Scarred Rager) (AC 15, ff 19, t 10. HP 56/56 (Rage HP 64/64). Init +0, Perception +6, DV 60ft. F +6, R +1, W +1 (+3 vs Charm, Compulsion)

Kalistrine considers chasing after the goblin, but with the rest of her party letting the momentum drop, she holds back. She stows her axe and draws a dagger, then moves around the battlefield, separating the corpses from their ears. "Be sure to check them all for anything valuable or useful. They took some things from the caravan too, see if they have any."


"Well, a few things that may be of use," Liu Na comments, showing the others the items she found in the goblin's possession."Any of these from your caravan?" she asks Kalistrine.

"Wait... Look! There's a body in the water!" she exclaims, pointing to the form floating in the stream next to the bridge.


Male Human (Ulfen) Ranger(BeastMaster and Infiltrator) 2 Ninja 1 HP 24/24 AC 21 Touch 13 Flat 18 F +4 R +8 W +0 Int + 3 Per + 6

I look over at the water. "Is it dead?" I turn to Kalistrine. "Would ye mind fetching it? Ya seem the most capable swimmer, I could do it if you don't want ta but I'd need to shed dis armour first. Aye let ye decide." I await her answer ready to lighten my own load.


Female Changeling Barbarian 4 (Scarred Rager) (AC 15, ff 19, t 10. HP 56/56 (Rage HP 64/64). Init +0, Perception +6, DV 60ft. F +6, R +1, W +1 (+3 vs Charm, Compulsion)

Kalistrine finishes her grisly work, stuffing the ears into a sack, before walking over to look into the stream at the body. She narrows her eyes at it and frowns, her hands resting on her hips. "Not trapped is it?" she asks before looking at the others.

Perception on the body: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11


Shot Putter Funkmeister

The body looks like a Goblin. It is pointing face down in the stream floating lazily as it gets lodged in the supports of the bridge.


Male Human (Ulfen) Ranger(BeastMaster and Infiltrator) 2 Ninja 1 HP 24/24 AC 21 Touch 13 Flat 18 F +4 R +8 W +0 Int + 3 Per + 6

I look at the body an narrow my eyes. "Hold on, let me try something." I tie a rope to one of my Javelins and throw it at the body.1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17 If I hit I attempt to pull it ashore.


Spear-fishing FTW!


Shot Putter Funkmeister

You could have just grabbed him but ok

Jorland pulls out the body and it turns out to be a Goblin, once ashore you flip him over and you see a chakram sticking in his chest.

Spoiler:
The goblin running away from Kalistrine, with one hitpoint left ran, due to loss of blood fell into the stream, knocking himself out on a rock, finally drown.


Liu Na reaches down and pulls the chakram out of the dead goblin's chest. "Are you sure this isn't a boomerang?" she asks, handing the weapon to Kalistrine. "You sure did find a unique way of getting it to come back to you."


Female Changeling Barbarian 4 (Scarred Rager) (AC 15, ff 19, t 10. HP 56/56 (Rage HP 64/64). Init +0, Perception +6, DV 60ft. F +6, R +1, W +1 (+3 vs Charm, Compulsion)

Upon seeing the Chakram, Kalistrime says somewhat nonchalantly, "Oh, yeah. That's where I put that." She wrenches the weapon free and uses it to remove the Goblin's ear to add to the others, then cleans the Chakram on some nearby reeds. "Let's see what they had on them." she re-iterates.


Shot Putter Funkmeister

Searching the floater, you find four arrows, six alligator's eyes(useable as 2 days trail rations) and an ivory handled knife.


Female Changeling Barbarian 4 (Scarred Rager) (AC 15, ff 19, t 10. HP 56/56 (Rage HP 64/64). Init +0, Perception +6, DV 60ft. F +6, R +1, W +1 (+3 vs Charm, Compulsion)

"A few coins, some random trash, a few weapons... Well, I think we can get something in trade for those bows." Kalistrine says, then looks closer at the knife she found on the last body.


"Hey J! I bet you could whip up a new special dish with those alligator eyes," Liu Na comments seeing the 'trail rations' carried by the floating goblin.

The Tian half-elf replaces her fighting fan in her wrist sheath, and winces slightly at the wound on her upper arm. "Does anyone have a bandage?" she asks aloud. "I'd hate for this goblin scratch to get infected out here in the swamp."


Female Human Oracle 2 (AC:17 HP:10/13 Fort:1 Ref:5 Will:2 CMD:16 Init:4)

heal: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13

"Let me take a look at that." She tends to the wound the best she can, at least making sure it's wrapped and not bleeding. "Hope that helps. Come see me later if it's still bothering you."


Male Human (Ulfen) Ranger(BeastMaster and Infiltrator) 2 Ninja 1 HP 24/24 AC 21 Touch 13 Flat 18 F +4 R +8 W +0 Int + 3 Per + 6

I clean my axe and then examine the eyes. "Hmm. Possibly. I will see what I can do. A jelly perhaps. At any rate, we done here an there is no option other than ta visit dis Proudstump now. Onward." I put away my Javelins and axe and lead the group onward through the marsh following the trail.


Shot Putter Funkmeister

Looking at the rulebook on the heal skill is a bit vague, especially when you do it not in combat. Lina I checked to see if you had a healer's kit but no. I think I may houserule something on the Healing skill to be fair. If anyone has any ideas which would be helpful just discussion it. I'll say you spent an extra ten minutes treating it so it's ok.

Lina wraps the wound in a torn piece of fabric which at least keeps it from getting worse.


Female Human Oracle 2 (AC:17 HP:10/13 Fort:1 Ref:5 Will:2 CMD:16 Init:4)

That's fine - even if it doesn't have any mechanical effect, I just wanted to convey the fact that I'm trying. I figured it wouldn't be much more than maybe washing it off and wrapping it in fabric.


Shot Putter Funkmeister

I am going to move us forward, if Lina would like to try to heal Kalistrine, feel free to do so or if you would like to continue to roleplay, fine.

After finishing whatever else, and you get back onto the trail(I assume same marching order, If it changes, just tell me). The trail continues to wind through the swamp in a windy but generally southerly direction, once more managing to be at least twice as long as it would be if it went in a straight line. After a little over ninety minutes of travel, you reach another bridge, much like the first one, passing over another tributary river. This time, however, there does not appear to be any goblins waiting in ambush, and you cross over it without a problem.

It's only about an hour before you reach the next bridge from the second bridge to third bridge is a little less windy. The waves of the ocean become more audible and the marsh's noise take on a more sinister tone because you can still hear them. After that the trail turns towards the west, still winding greatly as it follows what few dry areas there are in the marsh. After about another two hours, you finally catch sight of what might be your destination. Up ahead, the trail leads to a swampy lagoon. The open ocean is visible just beyond these shallow waters, while an old two-storey building, its walls soggy with moss and its roof sagging with age, sits on the lagoon’s eastern shore.


Shot Putter Funkmeister

As you get nearer to the house, you see that the front door is wider open...

Perception:

Jorland 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21
Kalistrine 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15
Lina 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19
Takeshi 1d20 ⇒ 3
Liu 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18

DC 10

Spoiler:
There has been a fight recently (DC15) There are numerous blade cuts on the door frame


Male Human (Ulfen) Ranger(BeastMaster and Infiltrator) 2 Ninja 1 HP 24/24 AC 21 Touch 13 Flat 18 F +4 R +8 W +0 Int + 3 Per + 6

I ready my shield and draw my Javelin. "I'm goin in. Cova me." I move up to the door and make my way inside. Once inside I creep around with my Javelin at the ready. "Hello? Anyone home?"


Female Changeling Barbarian 4 (Scarred Rager) (AC 15, ff 19, t 10. HP 56/56 (Rage HP 64/64). Init +0, Perception +6, DV 60ft. F +6, R +1, W +1 (+3 vs Charm, Compulsion)

After the battle, the others find Kalistrine in better spirits. She hangs back a moment to speak to Lina. "Thank you for the healing magics." she says to the girl. "You're good to have around. I owe you one."

At the house, spying the evidence of struggle, Kalistrine draws her axe and follows Jorland, her eyes adjusting to the gloom within the house much more quickly than a pureblood human's.


Lina wrote:
"Let me take a look at that." She tends to the wound the best she can, at least making sure it's wrapped and not bleeding. "Hope that helps. Come see me later if it's still bothering you."

"Thanks, Lina. I'd hate to catch some nasty swamp goblin disease," Liu Na says appreciatively.

Seeing the signs of recent battle on the dilapidated house, Liu Na approaches warily behind Jorland and Kalistrine, stowing her bow over her shoulder as her elven eyes pierce the shadowy gloom. With a flick of her wrists, her mithral and cold iron fighting fans drop into her hands and snap open.


Shot Putter Funkmeister

I guess everyone goes into the house weapons drawn
(it is almost dusk)
Once inside the house you see the great(not very big but for Halfling standard it fits) hall in complete disarray, a table has been knocked over and a pool of blood on the floor, broken vases and dirt. There are doors to the right, to the front and to the left and you can also see a staircase to the left as well.

"A minute please!" comes from the door to the right and then you hear a little rumble and then the door creeks open and a halfling in buckskin limps out, holding his ribs. "He..llo, welcome to.. my.. home"


    Male human (Tien) Magus (Kensai) 4
HP 5/26 {effects: none} | AC 20 Tch 20 FF 10 | F +5, R +2, W +4 | Init +2 | Perc +2
Dailies:
Arcane Pool 6/6

Seeing the others draw their weapons, Takeshi does as well, looking around for whatever danger they may have sensed. Seeing the destruction inside, he understands their caution. When the halfling makes his entrance, Takeshi spins to face him before letting up his blade.

"You are Proudstump? You look injured. Are the ones who did this still nearby?"


Male Human (Ulfen) Ranger(BeastMaster and Infiltrator) 2 Ninja 1 HP 24/24 AC 21 Touch 13 Flat 18 F +4 R +8 W +0 Int + 3 Per + 6

I don't lower my Javelin for a moment. "What happen here. Der er sword marks all ova the door. What did it an where's it hidin or wheres it body?" I look the little man over. Does he look the type to be able to put up a good fight?


Female Changeling Barbarian 4 (Scarred Rager) (AC 15, ff 19, t 10. HP 56/56 (Rage HP 64/64). Init +0, Perception +6, DV 60ft. F +6, R +1, W +1 (+3 vs Charm, Compulsion)

Kalistrine frowns and gives the halfling a good looking over before she lowers her guard. "We came to see you. I think one of us has a letter for you." she says, then starts to look around the room suspiciously.

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15


Liu Na remains silent, letting her companions interrogate the halfling while she studies the room in an attempt to make sense of the signs of battle and determine what happened here.

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14


Shot Putter Funkmeister

@Jorland, The halfling looks injured. @Kalistrine, The letter is from Koya to Old Megus who lives in Brinestump.

"Er, yes Proudstump, Reginald Proudstump, I am the owner of this house. Let's go into the kitchen. Ahhhh, I was attacked by a giant snake late last night. It bit me pretty good, the marks are from my sword. Ehhhh"

He turns and gestures you to join him in the kitchen.

Spoiler:

Bluff 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (15) + 10 = 25
Disguise 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (6) + 14 = 20


Can everyone give me a
Sense Motive and Perception check.

and Takeshi, Jorland, and Liu a Knowledge Local DC 15 and Lina DC 20?

Thanks! keep up the RP!!!

101 to 150 of 3,213 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Jade Regent: Part 1: Licktoad Menace All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.