Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

1.) GM Edwin's Jade Regent

Game Master Insnare

Sandpoint and its Sandpointlers cannot get any rest from their neighbors.


451 to 500 of 3,208 << first < prev | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | next > last >>

"Let's go after that big one Walthus tracked yesterday. Maybe it'll lead us to their chief," Liu Na suggests.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Changeling Barbarian 4 (Scarred Rager) (AC 15, ff 19, t 10. HP 56/56 (Rage HP 64/64). Init +0, Perception +6, DV 60ft. F +6, R +1, W +1 (+3 vs Charm, Compulsion)

Kalistrine does the dirty deed of ear collection after pulling her dagger from the last Goblin's neck. She tallies her total then looks towards the Goblin children. "Reckon we get the same price for littler ears?" she asks.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Taking a second to let out a whistle, Wooooooeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh! Well I would think so, the sheriff has absolutely no love for goblins, methinks he lost a daughter during the unpleasantness um few years back.... Gold is gold.. since these be out of cage they have to be close to adulthood...


"You do what you feel you must. I don't kill younglings," Liu Na says, a disapproving scowl on her face. "I'm more interested in finding and killing their chief."


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Human (Ulfen) Ranger(BeastMaster and Infiltrator) 2 Ninja 1 HP 24/24 AC 21 Touch 13 Flat 18 F +4 R +8 W +0 Int + 3 Per + 6

I inspect the Jar. Profession Cook:1d20 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8
I then eat one. I shrug. "Not sure wat dese er but I'm sure I cun fine some use fer em." Pocketing it I look at the little goblins. I listen to both Liu and Kali's comments. "Tough call. Sheriff don't like em. It dirty work but we can try an do humane like. Otherwise day only get old an start hurting other folks younglings. Course we could capture dem an make em into pets. How's dat fer an idea?" I am clearly being serious.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

"I didn't say I would stop you. And Jorland makes a valid point. I just can't bring myself to slaughter children."

"But like I said, I'm more interested in finding and killing their chief - along with that tough goblin that nearly killed Jorland."


Female Changeling Barbarian 4 (Scarred Rager) (AC 15, ff 19, t 10. HP 56/56 (Rage HP 64/64). Init +0, Perception +6, DV 60ft. F +6, R +1, W +1 (+3 vs Charm, Compulsion)

Kalistrine shrugs and sheathes her dagger. "We can go after the chief first." she says. She looks back at the Goblins as they go however, watching them periodically until they are out of sight.


    Male human (Tien) Magus (Kensai) 4
HP 5/26 {effects: none} | AC 20 Tch 20 FF 10 | F +5, R +2, W +4 | Init +2 | Perc +2
Dailies:
Arcane Pool 6/6

"I agree. Let's go after the leader first. Without the head the body dies or, in this case, the move to attack the caravans and the town will be reduced for a time."


Shot Putter Funkmeister

Proudstump takes you to the house where the tracks led him yesterday. You see a larger hut with double doors which is four times the size of any of the other huts in the village.

Here it is. he says with his bow at the ready.


Female Human Oracle 2 (AC:17 HP:10/13 Fort:1 Ref:5 Will:2 CMD:16 Init:4)

Lina follows along silently, lost in her thoughts for the moment. Did I kill that goblin? How? I could barely even make out its shape, nearly blind as I am. Is this another one of Desna's tricks?


The tracks led to the other side of that door. We could kick the door in, open it stealthily like or something?

Basically, what do you want to do? At the very least, could you all give me perception checks and tell me what you are looking for


Female Changeling Barbarian 4 (Scarred Rager) (AC 15, ff 19, t 10. HP 56/56 (Rage HP 64/64). Init +0, Perception +6, DV 60ft. F +6, R +1, W +1 (+3 vs Charm, Compulsion)

"No sense getting surprised. Listen in first. Any of you speak their language?" Kalistrine whispers, motioning for someone to step up and listen at the door as she readies her axe and shield.


Female Human Oracle 2 (AC:17 HP:10/13 Fort:1 Ref:5 Will:2 CMD:16 Init:4)

Brought back to the present by Kali's question, Lina shakes her head. "I know a few words in halfling, dwarven, and elven, and learned a few Varisian songs as a child, but I wouldn't call myself fluent by any means. And I've certainly never spoken to a goblin before."


noone spoke goblin before

Proudstump looks at them and says, well we can see if there is anyone in there by listening


Female Changeling Barbarian 4 (Scarred Rager) (AC 15, ff 19, t 10. HP 56/56 (Rage HP 64/64). Init +0, Perception +6, DV 60ft. F +6, R +1, W +1 (+3 vs Charm, Compulsion)

Kalistrine steps gingerly up to the door and tries to listen for anything inside.

Perception 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13


As Kalistrine approaches the door, Liu Na keeps a sharp eye out for any hidden goblin ambushers. The half-elf ninja keeps an arrow nocked to her bowstring, ready to fire.

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12


Shot Putter Funkmeister

You hear laughter and merriment through the door.


Female Changeling Barbarian 4 (Scarred Rager) (AC 15, ff 19, t 10. HP 56/56 (Rage HP 64/64). Init +0, Perception +6, DV 60ft. F +6, R +1, W +1 (+3 vs Charm, Compulsion)

Kalistrine snorts. "Havin' a party are they? she whispers, then looks at the others. "Wish we had something with a little more 'boom' to it. I'd rather smoke them out like we did the monster. How do you all want to handle this?" she asks.


    Male human (Tien) Magus (Kensai) 4
HP 5/26 {effects: none} | AC 20 Tch 20 FF 10 | F +5, R +2, W +4 | Init +2 | Perc +2
Dailies:
Arcane Pool 6/6

It occurs to me that I forgot to give Takeshi his bonus languages from intelligence. None would be goblin though, no reason to know it. Added Draconic (typical spellcaster thing) and Tien (background). I'll think about the 3rd.

Takeshi shrugs, "Bar all entrances and exits and light it afire? I don't know."


"I don't have anything to start a fire, but I'll be happy to shoot them as they come out if any of you can get their hut burning."


Les cookem

Proudstump coats the double doors in oil and takes out his flint and steel and ignites the hut on fire.

I would like everybody tell me which direction they will be pointed in and where the would be in relationship to the hut.

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BxdGbXsUC5v2ZTZKay0xX1Q0ZEk/edit is for the updated map.


Female Changeling Barbarian 4 (Scarred Rager) (AC 15, ff 19, t 10. HP 56/56 (Rage HP 64/64). Init +0, Perception +6, DV 60ft. F +6, R +1, W +1 (+3 vs Charm, Compulsion)

"I like this plan. I'm glad to be a part of it." Kalistrine says, then steps back along the platform, ten feet west from the doors. "Isn't there a back door to this thing?" she asks, glancing to the south.


Male Human (Ulfen) Ranger(BeastMaster and Infiltrator) 2 Ninja 1 HP 24/24 AC 21 Touch 13 Flat 18 F +4 R +8 W +0 Int + 3 Per + 6

Sorry I've been a bit busy lately. I usually lead it seems. Again, sorry for the absence.

I circle the hut real quick boarding any other exits. "We good ta go. I love roast Goblin, especially with Paprika sauce." Given my cooking experience, I stand where the wind is blowing to my back when I am facing the hut.


Shot Putter Funkmeister

Around the backside of the hut from your current position you can hear goblin screams.

Surprise round, you can move to attack with ranged weapons or you move yourself closer, if you do give me an acrobatics roll


Female Human Oracle 2 (AC:17 HP:10/13 Fort:1 Ref:5 Will:2 CMD:16 Init:4)

initiative: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10

From her spot behind Kalistrine, Lina reaches out to steady the warrior.

Casts guidance on Kali


Female Changeling Barbarian 4 (Scarred Rager) (AC 15, ff 19, t 10. HP 56/56 (Rage HP 64/64). Init +0, Perception +6, DV 60ft. F +6, R +1, W +1 (+3 vs Charm, Compulsion)

Can we actually see any Goblins? What are we attacking exactly?


Shot Putter Funkmeister

You can hear them. I uploaded a new version of the map. The NPCs are in green and the four enemies are red.


Female Changeling Barbarian 4 (Scarred Rager) (AC 15, ff 19, t 10. HP 56/56 (Rage HP 64/64). Init +0, Perception +6, DV 60ft. F +6, R +1, W +1 (+3 vs Charm, Compulsion)

Can we just climb down?

Hearing the Goblins around the back of the building, she growls, "Guess watching the back was the better option." She curses, giving the others a furious look, drawing her Shortbow and firing an arrow at one of them before climbing down off the platform on the south side.

Shortbow 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13
Damage 1d6 ⇒ 5

Climb 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10


Link to Map

Initiative: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14

Surprise Round:

From her vantage point on the wooden walkway, Liu Na spies the screaming goblins fleeing from the rear of the hut. The half-elf ninja silently sights down the shaft of her readied arrow and releases the bowstring...

Shortbow Attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 2

... only to send the missile flying wildly into the swamp.

Number of arrows used: 7/20


    Male human (Tien) Magus (Kensai) 4
HP 5/26 {effects: none} | AC 20 Tch 20 FF 10 | F +5, R +2, W +4 | Init +2 | Perc +2
Dailies:
Arcane Pool 6/6

Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11

Takeshi throws a javelin at one of the fleeing goblins.

Javelin attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16
Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9


Kalistrine and Liu's arrows missed their targets.

Takeshi's javelin hits his target leaving his goblin dead.

Proudstump unslings his longbow and attacks when he moves into position. 1d20 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 8 + 2 = 15 and sends his arrow into fence.


Male Human (Ulfen) Ranger(BeastMaster and Infiltrator) 2 Ninja 1 HP 24/24 AC 21 Touch 13 Flat 18 F +4 R +8 W +0 Int + 3 Per + 6

I take a Javelin and hurl it at a foe also.
Attack:1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10 For:1d6 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7


Shot Putter Funkmeister

Jorland's javelin missed the target by a foot landing with a thud in the soft mushy ground.

Initiative:

Proudstump 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17
Jorland 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
Kalistrine 1d20 ⇒ 20
Goblin 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12
Goblin Lt. 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23
Chief 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12
Goblin R 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13

Round 1: Goblin Lt., Kalistrine, Proudstump, Liu, Goblin R, Chief, Goblin, Takeshi, Lina, Jorland.

Goblin Lt. attacks Kalistrine with her longbow 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17 hits her in the thigh 1d6 ⇒ 1


Round One:

Liu Na fits another arrow to her bowstring at fires at the lead goblin...

Standard action to attack with shortbow.
Shortbow Attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 6

... only to see her arrow fly wildly in the opposite direction of her first shot. The half-elf shakes her bow in disgust and hops down off of the raised walkway, ducking behind the corner of the hut to gain cover from the goblin archers.

Move action to jump down from walkway and take cover behind corner of hut.
DC 15 Acrobatics check: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16

Number of arrows used: 8/20

Liu Na's AC: 16; 20 with Cover
Liu Na's HP: 10/10


Female Changeling Barbarian 4 (Scarred Rager) (AC 15, ff 19, t 10. HP 56/56 (Rage HP 64/64). Init +0, Perception +6, DV 60ft. F +6, R +1, W +1 (+3 vs Charm, Compulsion)

Am I in charging range of the Lt.? If so...

Kalistrine drops her shortbow, howls a battlecry and lopes towards the Goblins, her Battleaxe held low in both hands. When she is about to make contact with the first Goblin in her path, she snarls, face flushing, which has the effect of making her scars even more prominent, and swings her axe in an upward-slashing arc.

Battleaxe, Charging, Guidance 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26
Damage, 2-handed 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9

AC 12 after charge and without shield
HP 14/15


Shot Putter Funkmeister

Kalistrine's attack hits the female goblin Lt. and she is bleeding but she laughs...

Proudstump attacks the chief with his longbow 1d20 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 8 + 2 = 27 and damage 1d6 ⇒ 1

Liu drops her bow while attacking. (You can pick up your bow or move)

Goblin R stealth 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (19) + 17 = 36 moves to flank Kalistrine and attacks 1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 3 + 2 = 17 hit 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3 Sneak Attack 1d6 ⇒ 3

The Chief moves to attack Proudstump with his longbow 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12 and misses.

Goblin attacks Kalistrine with his dogslicer 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22 confirm 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21 confirmed. Damage 2d4 ⇒ (4, 3) = 7 cutting her deeply.


    Male human (Tien) Magus (Kensai) 4
HP 5/26 {effects: none} | AC 20 Tch 20 FF 10 | F +5, R +2, W +4 | Init +2 | Perc +2
Dailies:
Arcane Pool 6/6

Takeshi moves into position and casts a spell, once again, sending colourful flashing light from his fingers.

So move somethere at least 5-ft away to avoid AoOs, where he can hit as many enemies as possible with his spell.
Color Spray (DC 14 Will save negates):
-- 2 HD or less: The creature is unconscious, blinded, and stunned for 2d4 rounds, then blinded and stunned for 1d4 rounds, and then stunned for 1 round. (Only living creatures are knocked unconscious.)
-- 3 or 4 HD: The creature is blinded and stunned for 1d4 rounds, then stunned for 1 round.
-- 5 or more HD: The creature is stunned for 1 round.


Female Changeling Barbarian 4 (Scarred Rager) (AC 15, ff 19, t 10. HP 56/56 (Rage HP 64/64). Init +0, Perception +6, DV 60ft. F +6, R +1, W +1 (+3 vs Charm, Compulsion)

HP 1/15 @_@


Female Human Oracle 2 (AC:17 HP:10/13 Fort:1 Ref:5 Will:2 CMD:16 Init:4)

"Kali! Hold on!" Lina runs up to the larger woman and tries to reach around the goblins to help her.

defensive casting DC 16: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18

Managing to lay a hand on her arm, she whispers a quick healing prayer and channels warm energy to Kalistrine.

CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3


Shot Putter Funkmeister

@ Takeshi and Lina, you are on top of a wooden platform, you need to either acrobatics or climb down, first. I will make your roll.

DC 10:
Climb 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8 Takeshi tries to climb down but slips and falls down.

Lina
Climb 1d20 ⇒ 10

She makes it to Kalistrine casting cure light wounds but evokes an AoO.
Goblin R attack on Lina 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5 misses.


Female Human Oracle 2 (AC:17 HP:10/13 Fort:1 Ref:5 Will:2 CMD:16 Init:4)

I casted defensively - that shouldn't have provoked an AoO. Not that it mattered since it missed anyways, though.


Shot Putter Funkmeister

Ok that would mean you would be doing a diagonal touch and stopping in front of the goblin, i think then it would make sense, cool... Ill keep that mental note when I redo the map.


Female Changeling Barbarian 4 (Scarred Rager) (AC 15, ff 19, t 10. HP 56/56 (Rage HP 64/64). Init +0, Perception +6, DV 60ft. F +6, R +1, W +1 (+3 vs Charm, Compulsion)

Casting Defensively:
Casting Defensively

If you want to cast a spell without provoking any attacks of opportunity, you must make a concentration check (DC 15 + double the level of the spell you're casting) to succeed. You lose the spell if you fail.


Female Human Oracle 2 (AC:17 HP:10/13 Fort:1 Ref:5 Will:2 CMD:16 Init:4)

Since she was being flanked by the goblins I didn't think there was any way I could get close enough for a touch spell without being next to a goblin, which is why I chose to cast defensively.


Shot Putter Funkmeister

fair enough :)


    Male human (Tien) Magus (Kensai) 4
HP 5/26 {effects: none} | AC 20 Tch 20 FF 10 | F +5, R +2, W +4 | Init +2 | Perc +2
Dailies:
Arcane Pool 6/6

Since Takeshi wasn't able to cast his spell (unless he happened to fall in a nice place), can the Standard action be used for him to stand back up?


Shot Putter Funkmeister

works for me


Male Human (Ulfen) Ranger(BeastMaster and Infiltrator) 2 Ninja 1 HP 24/24 AC 21 Touch 13 Flat 18 F +4 R +8 W +0 Int + 3 Per + 6

I can't access the map, any enemies currently not engaged in melee?


Link to Map

Right now Kali is flanked and heavily wounded with two or three goblins around her (I think it's three), and Lina is standing next to her, adjacent to one or more goblins. I believe the goblin chief who fired an arrow at Proudstump is not currently engaged in melee.

GMEDWIN wrote:
Liu drops her bow while attacking. (You can pick up your bow or move)

Liu Na leaves her treacherous bow where it fell and jumps down to take cover behind the corner of the hut as described, plus...

Swift action: With a flick of her wrist, the half-elf ninja's mithral fighting fan drops into her hand and snaps open.

Liu Na's AC: 16; 20 with Cover
Liu Na's HP: 10/10


Shot Putter Funkmeister

New map....

451 to 500 of 3,208 << first < prev | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Jade Regent: Part 1: Licktoad Menace All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.