Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

1.) GM Edwin's Jade Regent

Game Master Insnare

Sandpoint and its Sandpointlers cannot get any rest from their neighbors.


1 to 50 of 2,880 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Shot Putter Funkmeister

In 4711, in the month of Erastus on the 22, a Toilday, it is 7am and in Sandpoint, farmers from all over the local area are setting up a farmer's market in town as they do typically this time of year and the workers of the late shift at the Glassworks are just walking home.

The sun has been out for about an hour already and it seems to be a warm day with the breeze coming in from the port preventing it from becoming a scorcher.

A familiar caravan(owned by Sandru Vhiski) to the residents of Sandpoint pulled in at about 5:30 am and have set up in the western part of town near to the road that leads to the intersection of the Lost Coast road that leads towards Magnimar in the South West and Windsong Abbey in the North East.


"Hey J! I need two birds in a nest with a baby, some cats heads and easy diggins with a cup of mud, and a graveyard stew - give it wings!" Liu Na calls out to the stocky Ulfen working the kitchen of the Rusty Dragon.

"We'll probably get even busier soon. I heard Vhiski's caravan rolled into town earlier this morning. He'll probably be in here any time now. You want to fix him some of your barbecue special from last week?" she asks, smiling mischievously.

"Hey J, look at the time," she adds, glancing out the window. "Shouldn't you be heading out with the Sheriff's patrol soon?"


Male Human (Ulfen) Ranger(BeastMaster and Infiltrator) 2 Ninja 1 HP 24/24 AC 21 Touch 13 Flat 18 F +4 R +8 W +0 Int + 3 Per + 6

I am in the Kitchen chopping....something now unrecognizable when Liu na calls out to me. Listening I ask. "How big ye want da cats?" When Liu na mentioned feeding my last creation to Sandru I chuckle to myself. I simply don't trust the man and believe he is up to shady dealing but Liu na flat out doesn't like the guy. Can't say I blame her.

When she mentions the sheriff's place I nod. "Yah. I know. Just makin sure da chowders ready for breakfast before I head out." I add a few last minute spices to the pot. Looking back I call out. "I gots an idea fora new dish I'm gonna try tonight. Make sure ta serve da menus wit da Jorland Special on it. Chowders done so I'm headin out. Be hack later."

I load up my arsenal of weapons and head out to the sheriffs to get my assigned route for the day.


    Male human (Tien) Magus (Kensai) 4
HP 5/26 {effects: none} | AC 20 Tch 20 FF 10 | F +5, R +2, W +4 | Init +2 | Perc +2
Dailies:
Arcane Pool 6/6

Takeshi walks into the Rusty Dragon and looks around before going to his regular morning seat. "Hi Liu Na, the usual. Hey, have you seen Ameiko? I kind of got caught up in a conversation with Olsoari at the Academy last night and so missed her show."


Female Human Oracle 2 (AC:17 HP:10/13 Fort:1 Ref:5 Will:2 CMD:16 Init:4)

Lina finds her way into town from the Lost Coast Road, long unused memories guiding her way more than anything else. Not far up Market St the aromas drifting out of the Rusty Dragon pull her immediately through the door, where she finds an empty seat and collapses ungracefully into it. A warm meal! It's been so long... The young woman looks slightly disheveled and her clothes worn and dirty from much travel, and closes her eyes for a moment as her body relaxes.


Takeshi Kaijitsu wrote:
"Hi Liu Na, the usual. Hey, have you seen Ameiko? I kind of got caught up in a conversation with Olsoari at the Academy last night and so missed her show."

" 'Morning, Takeshi," Liu Na greets the younger Kaijitsu. "You timed it just right - Jorland just left to go on patrol and Bethanna's in the kitchen, so your stomach should be safe today. Yeah, you missed a good show last night. Ameiko left a little while ago to pick up some fresh fish for today's lunch. She should be back before too long."

"Hey Bethanna! Two pigs in a blanket, hug one, and drown the kids for Ameiko's baby brother!" Liu Na calls out to the halfling cook in the kitchen.

A few moments later the Tian half-elf delivers a plate bearing two sausages wrapped in pancakes and two boiled eggs with a glass of orange juice to the young man. "There you go, Tak. Enjoy!"


Lina wrote:
Lina finds her way into town from the Lost Coast Road, long unused memories guiding her way more than anything else. Not far up Market St the aromas drifting out of the Rusty Dragon pull her immediately through the door, where she finds an empty seat and collapses ungracefully into it. The young woman looks slightly disheveled and her clothes worn and dirty from much travel, and closes her eyes for a moment as her body relaxes.

"Good morning! Welcome to the Rusty Dragon! My name's Liu Na," a small Tian woman with slightly pointed ears and silvery-white hair greets the disheveled young woman. "Can I get you something to eat? You look like you've been on the road for quite a while. Is this your first time in Sandpoint? Wait a minute..." Liu Na pauses, looking carefully at the young woman. "You look vaguely familiar. Do I know you?"


Female Human Oracle 2 (AC:17 HP:10/13 Fort:1 Ref:5 Will:2 CMD:16 Init:4)

Lina opens her eyes and smiles slightly, looking off into the distance ahead instead of at the half-elf. "I...I'm not sure. I used to live here, when I was a girl - been away for about four years. My name's Lina, and I'd love something to eat. Some eggs, if you have them, and breakfast meat. It's been ages since I had a hot breakfast."

Since you've lived here all along, you'll likely recall that 4 years ago was when goblins attacked Sandpoint, followed several months later by giants and a dragon - the worst that's happened to this town by far since the late unpleasentness several years before.


Shot Putter Funkmeister

Meanwhile in the Sheriff's Office:

Sandru and Kali upon arrival in Sandpoint went directly to the Sheriff, afterwards the he calls in a crisis conference, which by 7 am consists of Him, Sandru, Kali, the Mayor and Shalelu.

Mayor Deverin solemnly says,"Sandru would you please give me the details of the attack on your caravan"

The gruff Sandru turns towards the mayor to respond "We were making good time from Magnimar and we were travelling north near the Brinestump Marsh and I was in the lead wagon so I didn't really see much but I did hear the explosion. Kali was on that wagon, so she would be the best person to explain what happened"

Kali, be as descriptive and creative as you would like :)


Female Changeling Barbarian 4 (Scarred Rager) (AC 15, ff 19, t 10. HP -8/56 (Rage HP 4/64). Init +0, Perception +6, DV 60ft. F +6, R +1, W +1 (+3 vs Charm, Compulsion)

Kalistrine nods and leans forward, eyeing the Sherriff. Her gaze is disconcerting at the best of times, with one eye dark brown and the other a sea green. The scars on her face add to the effect, and she often comes off as a rather imposing woman.

"The blast came out of nowhere." she says. "A flash of green and yellow and then the wagon rocked on its axles. The Goblins were all over us in moments, whooping and screeching." Leaning on her knee, she continues. "They were bold. Bolder by far than I had heard of their kind." she says. "They shot off several more fireworks, sending the horses into a panic. They seem to like fire, the little bastards. They raced between the wagons with torches, trying to send them running off in all directions. It was all we could do to keep them on the road." she raises an axe from her belt. "I split one of them open with this, and that took a lot of the fight out of the rest. The cowards. But still, we're lucky to be here in all one piece."


Male Human (Ulfen) Ranger(BeastMaster and Infiltrator) 2 Ninja 1 HP 24/24 AC 21 Touch 13 Flat 18 F +4 R +8 W +0 Int + 3 Per + 6

I make my way to the sheriff's office and head in. "Jorland the Shuhite here for duty sir." I look around at all those present. "We throwin a party er did somethin big happen?" I look at Shalelu. "What brings you out of you hole in the woods elf?" I await any response.


"Fireworks, you say... hmmm... very interesting... Kalistrine, how many of those nasty Goblins were there?"

The door opens and Jorland pops in.

"How's the tripe grilling business, Jorlo?" she gives him a little snicker.


On the other side of the camp, (keep the conversations going on both sides of Sandpoint)

Ameiko trots in with enough fish for 150 people on a wheelbarrow, when she comes to the front door she gives it a brisk kick and wedges the wheelbarrow to keep the door ajar.

"Hi, Liu and Bethanna, can I get a little help? Jorli should be able to do something with these?" as she points at her quarry. The three of them do it quickly and then Ameiko walks over to her brother.

She then pokes him with her finger, playfully and says "That's what you get for missing my show, lil Tak Tak. Anywho, Good Morning!!!"


Lina wrote:
Lina opens her eyes and smiles slightly, looking off into the distance ahead instead of at the half-elf. "I...I'm not sure. I used to live here, when I was a girl - been away for about four years. My name's Lina, and I'd love something to eat. Some eggs, if you have them, and breakfast meat. It's been ages since I had a hot breakfast."

"Four years ago, you say? So did you leave after the goblin raid, or after the giants and dragon attacked the town?" Liu Na asks sympathetically. "How would you like your eggs? Wrecked, drowned, flopped, up, deadeye, or drowned? And Bethanna can whip up some of her excellent pigs in a blanket, if you'd like. Just ask Takeshi, here - they're his favorite," she adds, indicating the young Tian man sitting at the next table.


Ameiko aka GM Edwin wrote:

Ameiko trots in with enough fish for 150 people on a wheelbarrow, when she comes to the front door she gives it a brisk kick and wedges the wheelbarrow to keep the door ajar.

"Hi, Liu and Bethanna, can I get a little help? Jorli should be able to do something with these?"

"Shelyn's saucy smile, Ameiko!" Liu Na exclaims at the sight of all of the fish. " I know Sandru's caravan is back in town - and he's got a big appetite and all - but it looks like you're planning to feed an army!" She pauses and then adds more softly, "Are you sure you want Jorland fixing all of this fish? He'll probably want to soak it in lye or something..."


Female Changeling Barbarian 4 (Scarred Rager) (AC 15, ff 19, t 10. HP -8/56 (Rage HP 4/64). Init +0, Perception +6, DV 60ft. F +6, R +1, W +1 (+3 vs Charm, Compulsion)

"I'm not in the habit of counting when fighting for my life, but it looked like a pretty decent-sized raiding party." Kalistrine says dourly. "Big-headed little monsters. All teeth and nasty dispositions. I'd like to teach 'em a lesson."


    Male human (Tien) Magus (Kensai) 4
HP 5/26 {effects: none} | AC 20 Tch 20 FF 10 | F +5, R +2, W +4 | Init +2 | Perc +2
Dailies:
Arcane Pool 6/6
Liu Na wrote:
"Just ask Takeshi, here - they're his favorite."

"Hmmm? Oh yes indeed. Bethanna makes them perfectly. Joro... well... he sometimes takes certain liberties... occasionally they're fabulous... occasionally, not so much. You came at a good time. Beth is in the kitchen, so need to roll the dice."

When Ameiko enters the Dragon Takeshi waves at her and smiles as she approaches. "Hey, sis!"

Ameiko wrote:
"That's what you get for missing my show, lil Tak Tak. Anywho, Good Morning!!!"

Takeshi winces at the poke to his ribs. "Ay ya, Ameiko! It's not my fault! Olsori wanted to talk about what I learned in the Arcanamirium. You know how he can be. I am sorry I missed it though. I'll be sure to stay away from Olsoria and the Academy the next time you perform," he smiles, "Maybe a few days before you perform, just to be safe."


@Liu, "You know me and bargains, I winked at the young Valdemar boy down at the docks and then he gave me these fish as a deal. Sandru is in town, damn I may actually sell these fish before they end up in some weird Ulfen Souljanka" [b]she chuckles.

[b] "Maybe I will get Bethie to take care of it, should be a feast"

@Takeshi: she squeezes his cheeks and says "You know Olsoria is always welcome in the Dragon, why doncha ya bring him along next time."

Noticing a new but oddly familiar patroness, she walks over to Lina, "Ameiko Kaijitsu, welcome to the Rusty Dragon, proprietress at large, my joint mayn't be as classy as the White Deer but what it doesn't have in class in makes up for in spunk"

everyone can continue their individual convos with Ameiko and then play it by ear...


    Male human (Tien) Magus (Kensai) 4
HP 5/26 {effects: none} | AC 20 Tch 20 FF 10 | F +5, R +2, W +4 | Init +2 | Perc +2
Dailies:
Arcane Pool 6/6
Ameiko wrote:
"You know Olsoria is always welcome in the Dragon, why doncha ya bring him along next time."

Come on! I'm not a child. Leave my cheeks out of this! Takeshi says with a crooked smile. But yeah, I could try to bring him along on the rare occasion his butt is not firmly attatched to his desk chair.


She looks at Kali intensely deep in though and then says: Fair enough. She then turns toward the rest of the group and says,
"I suggest envoking the goblin ear bounty and nip this in the bud. I am going to the Grubber's Hermitage for a day or so to investigate the shipwrecks that occured there recently. I bid you adieu"


Female Human Oracle 2 (AC:17 HP:10/13 Fort:1 Ref:5 Will:2 CMD:16 Init:4)

"Make 'em wrecked. And pigs in a blanket sounds marvelous." Her eyes go wide when she hears about the giants and dragons. "A dragon?!? Here in Sandpoint? Oh my...no, I left after the first goblin raid. Lost...my parents." Why am I telling her this? I never talked to nobody about my past since I left! Then she hears Ameiko's voice and her face goes blank, her lips slightly open. Her cheeks flush darkly when Ameiko comes and speaks to her, and she looks down and barely manages to mutter a thank you.


Male Human (Ulfen) Ranger(BeastMaster and Infiltrator) 2 Ninja 1 HP 24/24 AC 21 Touch 13 Flat 18 F +4 R +8 W +0 Int + 3 Per + 6

I snort at Shalelu. "So she-elf. You are simply gonna show up, bark orders, and then run off on your own quest again? Bah! Good riddens. Try not to break a nail while your playin around on the ships. Sounds to me like I have more important work to do."

Regardless of what Shalelu says....unless it is about my height, I turn to the sherrif. "Forget the bounty. A team would be enough to handle a bunch of big headed green skin runts. Best not to endanger more than is necessary. Plus, you may easily get conned by anyone else. I will be the first to volunteer to deal with this menace. I know some folks at the Rusty Dragon who may want to help also. What say you?" I wait an answer.


Female Changeling Barbarian 4 (Scarred Rager) (AC 15, ff 19, t 10. HP -8/56 (Rage HP 4/64). Init +0, Perception +6, DV 60ft. F +6, R +1, W +1 (+3 vs Charm, Compulsion)

Kalistrine smirks at Jorland's bravado. She stands up to her full height, well over six feet tall. "If you're going to be hunting Goblins, count me in." she says. "I got a taste of what they're capable of, and I want to pay them back better than they gave."


Lina wrote:
"Make 'em wrecked. And pigs in a blanket sounds marvelous." Her eyes go wide when she hears about the giants and dragons. "A dragon?!? Here in Sandpoint? Oh my...no, I left after the first goblin raid. Lost...my parents."

"Oh! I'm so sorry," Liu Na replies sympathetically. "I lost my mother during the goblin raid as well. Shalelu said she was killed by goblins of the Licktoad tribe from the Brinestump Marsh. Not that that really matters. The only good goblin's a dead goblin, if you ask me."


Shot Putter Funkmeister

Shalelu looks at Jorland but does not dignify it with a comment, she then winks at the sheriff and flutters out.

The Sheriff turns to the group and says "Sandpoint has many different ailments all at the same time and one person cannot be everywhere at once, he looks at Jorland
"Ranger, get a hold of yourself. We want the Brinestump cleaned up, right quick. We have heard stories of Skeleton attacks, the Soggy River Monster in addition to the Licktoads"

The mayor coughs in, "An old friend of the city lives in the Marsh and he can assist you in the navigation of Brinestump, his name is Walthus Proudstump, a halfling and self proclaimed Warden of Brinestump Marsh, he'll surely know where everything is."


A spry older woman makes her way to the dragon, she opens the door and says... "Liu, may I have some eggs and some bacon, I heard Sandru is in town"

She see Takeshi

"Morning Takeshi, how's the academy treating you?"


A spry older woman makes her way to the Dragon, she opens the door and everyone turns to look at her.

"Morning everyone!"

She then sits down near where Liu is and says [b] "How are things going with you? May I have some eggs please?"


"Of course, Mistress Mvashti. It's so good to see you - Welcome back to town!" Liu Na greets Koya with a warm smile. "Would you like your eggs over easy as usual? Bethanna's fixed her wonderful pigs in a blanket this morning too, if you would like an order."

"And please forgive me. I didn't get a chance to speak to you at the service. I'm so sorry about your mother's passing," she adds sympathetically. "Madame Niska was quite a unique woman."


Male Human (Ulfen) Ranger(BeastMaster and Infiltrator) 2 Ninja 1 HP 24/24 AC 21 Touch 13 Flat 18 F +4 R +8 W +0 Int + 3 Per + 6

I look Kalistin up and down. "A nicely built female if I do say so myself. Good welcome to the team.

I nod at the sheriff. "Not a problem. I will head over to the Rusty Dragon and see if Ameiko's brother will join us. Once we have a team we'll head out to meet this proudstump fella. Say what you will but I promise we'll get that marsh cleaned up. No job is too big for Jorland the Shuhite." with that I bow to the sheriff. Turning to Kalistin I gesture. "C'mon, let's get the rest of the team."

I make my way back too the Rusty Dragon. Once I arrive I look around. Seeing Takeshi I clap my hands together. "Ah Takeshi, just the fella I was hopin ta find." I head over to where he is sitting. "Got a job I need some help with. Turns out goblins are becomin a threat to Sandpoint again. Not to mention a few other problems in the marsh that need ta be dealt with. So I am gatherin a few able bodied fellas to go on a huntin trip wit me. We'll be made heroes, get paid, an maybe even find some good stuff out there. So, waddya say fella? Care ta join me? I've already got a tough lookin woman wantin ta come wit an we could sure use your abilities also." I wait his answer. I am speaking loud enough to where other patrons in the bar may hear me, especially Liu na, Lina, and Ameiko.

Sorry for speeding like this, I just wanted to get the bal rolling and I felt this was appropriate.


Shot Putter Funkmeister

The sheriff looks at Jorland "Feel free to round up a posse, but if y'all can extirpate all of the threats from the Brinestump, you would be doing all Sandpointlas a major service, haha, but 10gp per ear and 300 gp for the Chief's head could definitely help paying the rent, wouldn't it my boy?

"Anyway, before I forget, just follow the Lost Coast Road until you get to the Marsh once there you should see the New Fish Trail, which will lead you to the Halfling"

Sandru turns to and grabs her shoulder as she is about to leave, "Kali, good you'll go and take care of this for us, I have to buy supplies and have the wagon properly fixed and the others refitted before we continue. I think if we go to Riddleport we can get another gig, although we really shouldn't go there"


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Jorland The Shuhite wrote:
I make my way back too the Rusty Dragon. Once I arrive I look around. Seeing Takeshi I clap my hands together. "Ah Takeshi, just the fella I was hopin ta find." I head over to where he is sitting. "Got a job I need some help with. Turns out goblins are becomin a threat to Sandpoint again. Not to mention a few other problems in the marsh that need ta be dealt with. So I am gatherin a few able bodied fellas to go on a huntin trip wit me. We'll be made heroes, get paid, an maybe even find some good stuff out there. So, waddya say fella? Care ta join me? I've already got a tough lookin woman wantin ta come wit an we could sure use your abilities also."

Liu Na stiffens and turns to face Jorland, a look of smoldering rage evident on her face. "Did you say goblins from the marsh are threatening the town?" she asks the Ulfen, her voice uncharacteristically icy and threatening. "Do you mean the Licktoad goblins from the Brinestump Marsh?"

"I'm sorry, Ameiko," Liu Na says, taking off her apron as she turns to address her friend. "I'm not going to be able to help with the fish. I've got some vengeance to extract from those marsh-goblins."

"Let me get my gear," she calls out to Jorland as she heads for her room at the inn. "I'll meet you outside in a couple of minutes."


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Changeling Barbarian 4 (Scarred Rager) (AC 15, ff 19, t 10. HP -8/56 (Rage HP 4/64). Init +0, Perception +6, DV 60ft. F +6, R +1, W +1 (+3 vs Charm, Compulsion)

Kalistrine frowns, and her pale cheeks start to grow pink which serves to make the scars on her face stand out all the more. "What do you mean, 'nicely built female'?" she asks in response to Jorland. "Yeah, Sandru, I'll take care of this." she mutters angrily. Sandru knows Kalistrine's temper...

She follows Jorland to the Rusty Dragon in icy silence. Upon entering, she looks around the room at the other patrons, her gaze challenging. Kalistrine is an imposing woman, close to six foor four in height with long black hair. Dressed in scuffed leather armor, she carries an array of well-used weapons on her person including a battleaxe, dagger, a set of Chakrams and a shortbow. Her appearance is all the more striking for the fact of her face, which is marked by terrible-looking scars which appear to have been carved into her flesh with some nasty hooked implement. Her eyes are also notable, one being brown and the other a vivid sea green. Finally, with the arsenal of weaponry she carries, somewhat overlooked for all that, you notice her fingers, strong and calloused, end in blackened nails that curl like claws.

Kalistrine looks at Takeshi. A dandy to go along with the rude Dwarf. She snickers to herself. With Liu Na's declaration, she snorts.

"The swamps are no place for little girls." she says condescendingly.


"True," Liu Na calls out in response to Kalistrine's taunt, not even bothering to look back as she heads for the stairs leading up to her room. "But Jorland's still pretty good to have around in a fight..."


1 person marked this as a favorite.
    Male human (Tien) Magus (Kensai) 4
HP 5/26 {effects: none} | AC 20 Tch 20 FF 10 | F +5, R +2, W +4 | Init +2 | Perc +2
Dailies:
Arcane Pool 6/6

Takeshi frowns hearing about the goblins. Could this be the same tribe that Tsuto was involved with? Damn him and damn them. I may not have been there then, but I am now. He then stands and looks to Ameiko, "Ameiko, I'm sorry. I know you hate it when I talk of going adventuring, but these goblins are right at our doorstep. I can't sit around hoping someone else will deal with it. Please understand, sis."

Turning back to Jorland he says: "I'll need to collect my things from home. I'll be back in five." and races out the door.


Female Changeling Barbarian 4 (Scarred Rager) (AC 15, ff 19, t 10. HP -8/56 (Rage HP 4/64). Init +0, Perception +6, DV 60ft. F +6, R +1, W +1 (+3 vs Charm, Compulsion)

The tall woman actually chuckles at Liu Na's joke, but she suppresses it, then shakes her head. "So, you got anything good to eat here?" she asks.


Female Human Oracle 2 (AC:17 HP:10/13 Fort:1 Ref:5 Will:2 CMD:16 Init:4)

Lina sits uncomfortably at her table. Could this be why I was sent back here? To take care of the goblins that drove me out years ago? But...that woman's right - I'm no warrior! More so now that I can barely see. But...I had to have been sent here for something! That...vision...I saw...

Lina stands up abruptly. In a solemn voice, she proclaims loudly, "I'm coming." Oh...gods...what am I getting into?


Male Human (Ulfen) Ranger(BeastMaster and Infiltrator) 2 Ninja 1 HP 24/24 AC 21 Touch 13 Flat 18 F +4 R +8 W +0 Int + 3 Per + 6

-----Quick rewind------

I do acknowledge the sheriff's offer with a nod before I left. "Will do."

----back at the Tavern------

I nod to Liu Na. "I got ye have beef wit em greenskins. If ya think ye can handle yerself then yer welcome to come. I'll be waiting her. There's not only vengeance but there is the safety or this town, fame, and fortune to be had all in one job. This is the moment to make all that happen."

I loom to Ameiko. "Ya here dat Amy? I'm gonna take a page outta yer book an stomp some greenskins an protect dis town too." I give her a wink.

To those who look, Jorland is a stocky but well built Ulfen male. He has the look of a scraggly wilderness man but with a charming smile and a pair of dashing eyes. He is set up in chainmail with a wolf skin cape. He wears a heavy wooden shield and ten javelins, a battleaxe, and a morning star strapped to him. Indeed he looks like an armored tank. Also he does resemble a tall short bearded dwarf.


Kalistrine wrote:
The tall woman actually chuckles at Liu Na's joke, but she suppresses it, then shakes her head. "So, you got anything good to eat here?" she asks.

"Hey J! Fix her a plate of last week's barbecue special - there's still some in the icebox. I'm sure she'll love it!" Liu Na calls out from the top of the stairs before entering her room.


Male Human (Ulfen) Ranger(BeastMaster and Infiltrator) 2 Ninja 1 HP 24/24 AC 21 Touch 13 Flat 18 F +4 R +8 W +0 Int + 3 Per + 6

I look to the new girl Lina. Puzzled I examine her closely. Looking mostly at her eyes. "Ya a spell caster? Ye sure don't look a warrior? It's gonna be a dangerous trip, what skills ya got?" I wait for her to explain.

At Liu Na I puzzle. Icebox? What is an icebox?.


Female Human Oracle 2 (AC:17 HP:10/13 Fort:1 Ref:5 Will:2 CMD:16 Init:4)

Ok, Desna, you put me here. What am I supposed to do now? They want...a sign. An image of burning flashes quickly in her mind, and she mutters a word she's never heard before. Within seconds, a small piece of Jorland's cape bursts into flame. "Ahh! I'm so sorry! I didn't mean to...wait - hold still!" She focuses on an image of water, and is rewarded with a gallon of water that comes into existence directly above the man's head, splashing down and drenching him. Luckily it also quenches the fire. "I - I'm sorry! Yes, I cast spells!" she manages to stammer.

Casts Spark, then Create Water


Female Changeling Barbarian 4 (Scarred Rager) (AC 15, ff 19, t 10. HP -8/56 (Rage HP 4/64). Init +0, Perception +6, DV 60ft. F +6, R +1, W +1 (+3 vs Charm, Compulsion)

Kalistrine listens with interest to the description of the barbeque special, and then laughs and laughs at Jorland as he is alternately ignited and doused. It is not a charming expression on her - laughter.

"You're funny, girl." she says to Lina. "I'll watch out for ya." Kali walks over to her, stepping around the puddle at Jorland's feet. "Name's Kalistrine."


Female Human Oracle 2 (AC:17 HP:10/13 Fort:1 Ref:5 Will:2 CMD:16 Init:4)

Lina'a heart pounding slows slightly as Kali seems to warm towards her. She gives an embarrassed smile. "I'm Lina. Just got back in town after being...away for awhile. And I certainly don't want to see it destroyed by goblins again, not if I can help this time."


Male Human (Ulfen) Ranger(BeastMaster and Infiltrator) 2 Ninja 1 HP 24/24 AC 21 Touch 13 Flat 18 F +4 R +8 W +0 Int + 3 Per + 6

I stand there soaked for a moment in disbelief. I then shake myself like a wet dog. "So ye can use magic but can't control it real well. How is this going to help? Bah whatever. If Kalistine says she gonna watch you den fine. But dis is no pleasure stroll lil lady. Greenskins may be weak but they still dangerous. Unless dat stunt you pull was some kind of joke, I would recommend ye not cast again less ya hit me or someone else wit a more dangerous spell." It is clear I am not thrilled about bringing Lina but have for the moment resigned to let her come.


Shot Putter Funkmeister

Ameiko stands there speechless and a bit offended not being asked to come but she knows she cannot go because running two businesses isn't easy. When Jorland gets burned and doused she starts to laugh. "Good Luck, but you know Bethie won't be too happy having to cover your shift and all, I'll see you when you get back."

Koya moves even closer to Liu before she grabs her gear and says "I heard you're going to Brinestum. Could you do me a favor, and visit my friend Megus there."

She does the same when she goes up to Jorland and says "Proudstump will know how to find her."


Male Human (Ulfen) Ranger(BeastMaster and Infiltrator) 2 Ninja 1 HP 24/24 AC 21 Touch 13 Flat 18 F +4 R +8 W +0 Int + 3 Per + 6

I shake my head at Ameiko. "Funny yeah? Well I am sure Bethie will be fine. You take care too. You'll see. I'm gonna giv em hell"

I look to Koya for a moment pondering. "I suppose a little detour wouldn't hurt. Any ting in particular you wan us ta do when we visit?"


GMEDWIN wrote:
Koya moves even closer to Liu before she grabs her gear and says "I heard you're going to Brinestum. Could you do me a favor, and visit my friend Megus there."

"Of course," Liu Na replies. "Ummm... Who or what is Megus?" she asks.


Shot Putter Funkmeister

Jorland and Liu roll a Knowledge Local check DC15/10. The DC for Liu will be a bit lower, due to her living in Sandpoint for such a long time.

Spoiler:
Megus is an old Alchemist, who lives in Brinestump Marsh, supposedly doing strange experiments, having to do with metamorphisis. She has not been seen in awhile.

Koya smiles and says "Megus is an old friend of my Mother and I, and since she didn't come to town for our quarterly Harrow night, I would like to give her this letter that came by post and I will write her something."

She asks Ameiko for some parchment and a pen and writes a quick letter, folds it up and hands it to Liu.

"Thank you kindly!"


Before Takeshi returns, Ameiko addresses the group,"Good Luck on your trip and keep Takeshi safe!" She smiles.

Once Takeshi returns, She gives him a big hug and whispers in his ear.

Spoiler:
"Lil bro, goblins are silly but still dangerous, keep your wits about you and don't let what happened to me, happen to you" she tears up a little and pats him on the back.


DC 10 Knowledge (Local) check: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6 - nope, never heard of Megus!

"I'll be sure to deliver your message if we find her, Mistress Mvashti," Liu Na promises Koya.


    Male human (Tien) Magus (Kensai) 4
HP 5/26 {effects: none} | AC 20 Tch 20 FF 10 | F +5, R +2, W +4 | Init +2 | Perc +2
Dailies:
Arcane Pool 6/6

Takeshi returns the hug and whispers back to Ameiko, "I'll take care sis, don't worry. Be back in no time, safe and sound," he continues with a small smile, "with grand tales on how we bested the little monsters."

Takeshi then moves to the kitchen. "Hey Beth, I'll take that to go. Thanks," he says, munching on some of his breakfast and wrapping the rest in a cloth to eat on the road, before returning to the others.

1 to 50 of 2,880 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Jade Regent: Part 1: Licktoad Menace All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.