Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Starfinder


Pathfinder Society


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Paizo.com Gift Certificates
On Sale and Clearance!

06-10 The Wounded Wisp PbP Gameday #189 (Inactive)

Game Master Emmjay

Maps and Handouts


1 to 50 of 222 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | next > last >>
Grand Lodge

Players, please dot and delete. We will not start until 09-01 unless all party members are present earlier. Also, please add relevant information to the maps and handouts link.

Thanks!

Grand Lodge

Take a moment to verify slides 7 and 8 and make sure your, and your pets, information is correct. Especially to make sure each player has the correct companion. I mean, there are 4 of them!

Grand Lodge

You have been stationed at the Grand Lodge in Absalom,
awaiting assignment for a mission of utmost importance. Things
finally seemed in motion when Venture-Captain Drandle Dreng
sent out a summons for available agents. Specialized in the
history of Absalom, Dreng is known for putting off-duty agents
to work on sundry tasks when he finds them resting within the
city’s limits.

Coming to the meeting place—an odd choice of venue, as
it is a street corner far from the Grand Lodge—a lone beggar
garbed in baggy robes approaches. The only figure visible in the
constant drizzle, the beggar sticks out his hands for currency.

“Have you any coin to spare, fine folk?”

The question hangs in the air for only a scant moment before
the figure pulls back his hood to reveal the wizened face of
Venture-Captain Drandle Dreng. He gives a crooked smile,
soaked head to toe from his unprotected time in the rain. His
clothes smell faintly of cabbage.

“Sorry about that,” he says with a wink. “I always like
to play a little joke on agents when I stumble across them
during my jaunts into town. Now, why did I summon you fine
folk here again…?”
Dreng shakes his head from side to side,
as though trying to knock water out of his ears, despite the
constant downpour.

“Ah yes, the Wounded Wisp! I’m undercover now and can’t
stray far from the site I’m watching, but I need someone to
retrieve a package for me from that fine establishment. It’s
among Absalom’s most storied taverns, you see, and one that
holds a special place of privilege in the Society’s lore as the place
where the organization began. Well, I could drone on and on
about it, but standing out in the rain is doing none of us any
favors.”
As if anticipating agreement, the bedraggled venture
captain produces a small slip of folded paper from one of his
many stitched pockets. Dreng quickly shows a glimpse of the
page’s contents: a map detailing the location of the Wounded
Wisp bar.

“The bartender is a woman by the name of Heryn Gale, a fine
lady who came to own the Wisp after the passing of her father
from—oh, bah, it’s really getting too cold for me to give a proper
history lesson! If you could just go to the Wisp, and tell Heryn
you’re there to pick up my parcel, it would be most appreciated.
I’ll be around here for several more hours at least.”

Knowledge(History) DC10:

The Wounded Wisp was a bar once frequented by the original members of the Pathfinder Society before the Society was even formed. Inside the Wisp, acquaintances would share stories about their adventurous exploits
with one another.

Knowledge(History) DC15:

Many volumes of the Pathfinder Chronicles came together under the Wisp’s roof. Famous Pathfinders like Eando Kline and the Seeker Osprey often stopped by for a drink while they relaxed in Absalom between assignments. Though not officially affiliated with the Society, the bar maintains good relations with Pathfinders, offering discounts and prompt service. The owners have always kept themselves and the Wisp afloat through the generosity of Society agents who spend coin at the establishment.

Knowledge(History) DC20:

Selmius Foster was one of the founding members of the Pathfinder Society, known to have frequented the Wisp often and occasionally taken up residence in a spare room between his travels. His celebrated exploits first appeared in Volume 1 of the Pathfinder Chronicles.

Knowledge(History) DC25:

Following the death of Selmius Foster on the island of Bhopan, his assistant Adolphus made several donations to maintain one of his mentor’s favorite sites. The exact arrangement between Adolphus and the owners of the Wisp was never disclosed, but it is said that some of this gold came from the same fortune that Adolphus used to found then Pathfinder lodge in Quantium.

Silver Crusade

Human Brawler 3 HP 31/31; AC 17, T13, FF14; CMD 19; F+6, R+6, W+2; Init +2, Perc +0

Untrained History: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (14) - 1 = 13

El Garrapata smiles broadly at the man Dreng. Garrpata tops six foot tall by a healthy margin, with a broad chest beneath his very blue armor. His grin is practically everpresent, while his booming voice can't seem to be contained.

"I am HAPPY TO HELP, HOMELESS CAPTAIN! We will RETURN shortly with YOUR PACKAGE in HAND!"

The Exchange

Inquisitor (Kinslayer) 2 | AC 18 T 11 FF186 | HP 17/17 | F+5, R+,1 W+7 | Percept +10 | Init +5

a woman of 5'9" with a Nodachi on her back, dark red hair, nods to the VC,

"What sort of parcel is it?"

her voice almost sounding with a bit of disinterest, though her eyes tell a different story, her skin nicely tanned, from what can be seen beneath her armor

Grand Lodge

Female N Varana Druid 1 (Supernaturalist) - Init. +4, Senses Low-Light Vision Perception +8, AC 15/ touch 15/ ff 10; hp 8/8, F+2, R+4, W+6, Speed 30 ft., Climb 20 ft.

Untrained History: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8

Vina shyly approaches the back row of the party, and listens, hanging by her tail on the branch of a 7 foot tall treant. Upon hearing the loud booming voice of El Garrapata she hides in treant's leafy canopy.

Grand Lodge

CN Male Half-Orc UnBarbarian (Mad Dog) | HP: 15/15 | AC: 14 T: 11 FF: 13 | CMB: +5, CMD: 16 | F: 5 R: 1 W: -2 | Init: 5 | Handle Animal: 4 Intimidate: 4 | Speed 40ft | Rage 7/7 | Active conditions: None.

"Your parcel? I hope parcel is a tough fighter or he isn't going to give us any challenge..." Rokhan confused by the odd term before hearing El Garrapata "... package? Brother dragged me into being delivery pup! At least taverns have food and drink..."

Rokhan broods over not hearing of a dangerous mission where he can prove his ferocity but tempers it with the thought of filling his belly. Vulka seems content at the mention of food as well. So he stares at the man waiting for him or a party member to point him in the right direction but he would never admit he can't read a map.

Grand Lodge

Artic Fox wrote:

"What sort of parcel is it?"

Shaking his cloak to remove some of the built up rainwater, Dreng shuffles a little closer to you and tells you in hushed tones:

“Before you judge, despite my current attire, I’m still a man of taste. The parcel is actually a special vintage of wine from the cellar of the Wounded Wisp. I’ve been sampling their finer wines in descending order of bottling. I dare not disappear from my current role in this district, but I also would appreciate some comfort items. After all, I doubt anyone would judge a supposed beggar sipping from a bottle of wine.”

He hands you the map, just do you don't get lost (slide 2) . "Make your questions brief, a group gathered here, while I am undercover, isn't a good thing. I don't want to be discovered, thank you."

Dark Archive

female Aasimar
Spoiler:
AC 16/T10/FF16 HP 10 /10 F+2 R+1 W+2 Init +1 Perception+3
Dual Cursed Lunar Oracle 2

Eroil strokes strugglers fur absentmindly and nods."Whatever you say Captain Dreng. Well then off we go!"
Looking around she shrugs and ponders for a moment. "Have I ever been in that pub?"
Knowlocal: 1d20 ⇒ 6
Naaa, not that I know of

Silver Crusade

Human Brawler 3 HP 31/31; AC 17, T13, FF14; CMD 19; F+6, R+6, W+2; Init +2, Perc +0

"Far be it from US to jeopardize your UNDERCOVER ACTIONS, Sir DRENG! We will RETURN your rightful property to YOU SHORTLY!" Garrapata uses his best covert action voice, which is only slightly less loud than his normal voice, but with more extravagant hand gestures.

Grand Lodge

Female N Varana Druid 1 (Supernaturalist) - Init. +4, Senses Low-Light Vision Perception +8, AC 15/ touch 15/ ff 10; hp 8/8, F+2, R+4, W+6, Speed 30 ft., Climb 20 ft.

Vina climbs down her tree tentatively, keeping her tail firmly clasped around Lakadee's trunk, and carefully, almost like a wild animal grabbing a treat from a human, approaches Dreng, only to quickly snatch the map out of his hands. She retreats to the branches of Lakadee, unrolls the map, and says, weakly, "T...thh...thanks..."

Within moments the treant is walking the cobbled streets, heading for the Wounded Wisp's location.

Once there, it enters, and at Vina's fearful commands, halts a few feets past the doorway, in the entrance hall... the vanara female seems afraid of the loud noises and voices inside the hall, it seems.

Scarab Sages

230524-9 | Male NG Human (Garundi) Courtly Hunter 1 (Ultimate Intrigue pg. 64) | HP 10/10 | AC 17 T 13 FF 14 | CMD15 | F +4 R +5 W +2 | Init +5 | Perc +6 SM +2 | Speed 30 ft | Spells: 1st 2/2 | Active Conditions: ---

Knowledge (History), Untrained: 1d20 ⇒ 16

"To the Wounded Wisp, then," Raul says as accumulated water slowly drips from the drooping ends of his mustache and the tip of his dark beard. "It may not be as exciting as mapping caves around the Kratos Peaks, but an assignment is an assignment."

He glances at the rooftops, shielding his eyes from the rain with his hand. Where he looks, the silhouette of a large raptor perches on a steeple.

Grand Lodge

Slide #3

Built from dark, discolored wood, the exterior of the Wounded Wisp is the image of an iconic dive bar. Stained and barred windows obscure direct vision into the establishment, though ruddy yellow light bleeds from a window in the front hall. In the hours just before dawn, the building closes long enough for menials to clean and to give staff a rest. The only distinguishing feature on the Wisp’s exterior is a thick wooden sign hanging from above the bar’s entrance. A brass ring fitted onto the sign anchors a lantern—referred to by the staff as “the wisp”— that hangs there during the evening hours.

Upon entering the bar the smell of smoke and spilled ale assails the senses in this wide-open area. Walls of dark-stained wood make up the sides of the Wounded Wisp, while well-used wooden tables are spread throughout the space. A raised area in the back of the establishment houses several additional tables and eating areas for groups seeking more than just a good drink. An austere bar supported by kegs instead of wooden panels commands the northern end of the room. A stained-glass cabinet stands behind the bar, its dark panes cracked in several spots, yet not so opaque as to conceal the several dozen types of hard liquor within.

Heryn Gale is easily spotted working at the bar. When you approach her to request the bottle she responds "As you can see, the bar is very busy right now. The next shift starts in a little over an hour, if you can wait until my replacement arrives I will escort you down to the cellar to get it. Until that time, please, drinks are on the house, and I welcome you to get a good story or two and mingle with the other patrons here."

She does talk to you while mixing up another concoction and then delivering it to one of half-orcs. Given the level of noise and atmosphere it is readily apparent to everyone that she is telling the truth about how busy the bar is tonight.

"So," she asks you upon returning from delivering the drink, "what would you like to drink?"

Dark Archive

female Aasimar
Spoiler:
AC 16/T10/FF16 HP 10 /10 F+2 R+1 W+2 Init +1 Perception+3
Dual Cursed Lunar Oracle 2

Letting struggler lay down in front of her Eroil orders a cider and looks around. "Seems as if you had a good crowd today!"

Grand Lodge

Eroil the Arrow wrote:
Letting struggler lay down in front of her Eroil orders a cider and looks around. "Seems as if you had a good crowd today!"

Perception Rolls:

Per - Raul: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25
Per - Eroil: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6
Per -Artic: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (2) + 10 = 12
Per - Vina: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21
Per - Rokhan: 1d20 - 3 ⇒ (4) - 3 = 1
Per - Garrapata: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (9) + 0 = 9
Per - Vulka(Comp): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18
Per - Struggler(Comp): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15
Per - Lakadee(Comp): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 16
Per - Maudi(Comp): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14

You happen to notice 5 patrons leading commanding the most attention:
1. A Female Hafling leading rounds of song and dance
2. A Human Male talking both adventure and faith
3 and 4. Male and Female Half-Orc's they look very much related
5. Old Human Male reading a large and ominous tome

Heryn glances at Eroil expecting him to order his drink and go and mingle, all the while pouring an ale for another patron. "No more than normal."

Dark Archive

female Aasimar
Spoiler:
AC 16/T10/FF16 HP 10 /10 F+2 R+1 W+2 Init +1 Perception+3
Dual Cursed Lunar Oracle 2

Eroil moves toward the Human Male talking both adventure and faith and asks for a sit."Mind if I sit down? My name is Eroil and the kitten here is struggler!"
Diplo: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (11) + 10 = 21

Grand Lodge

CN Male Half-Orc UnBarbarian (Mad Dog) | HP: 15/15 | AC: 14 T: 11 FF: 13 | CMB: +5, CMD: 16 | F: 5 R: 1 W: -2 | Init: 5 | Handle Animal: 4 Intimidate: 4 | Speed 40ft | Rage 7/7 | Active conditions: None.

"One of what they drink! Hopefully strong. More for them too!" Rokhan says stepping up to the bar and pointing at the two Half-Orcs before going over to them.

"Finally some company! We are Rokhan and Vulka." He says after proceeding to drink his concoction in one gulp.

Silver Crusade

Human Brawler 3 HP 31/31; AC 17, T13, FF14; CMD 19; F+6, R+6, W+2; Init +2, Perc +0

"Greetings BAR-OWNER! I am EL GARRAPATA and I would like a stout GLASS OF WATER, please!" Glancing around, he spots the old man reading the large tome and heads straight toward him.

He leans over the man in a curious way and says in a loud voice, "HELLO OLD HUMAN! That SEEMS like a VERY INTERESTING BOOK you have there! DOES it have any PICTURES?"

Scarab Sages

230524-9 | Male NG Human (Garundi) Courtly Hunter 1 (Ultimate Intrigue pg. 64) | HP 10/10 | AC 17 T 13 FF 14 | CMD15 | F +4 R +5 W +2 | Init +5 | Perc +6 SM +2 | Speed 30 ft | Spells: 1st 2/2 | Active Conditions: ---

"Wine, please," Raul responds to the bartender, "Any vintage is fine."

Wine in hand, Raul wanders over to the Sarenrite's table and gives the man a simple bow. "Good day, sir. I am Raul. Have you been a Pathfinder long?"

Scarab Sages

Companion to Raul the Hunter | Male NG Giant Vulture Courtly Companion (Magical Beast [augmented animal]) HD 2 | HP -5/14 | AC 14 T 12 FF 12 | CMD 14 | F +5 (+9 vs. Disease) R +5 W +2 | Init +2 | Low Light Vision, Perc +6 SM +2 | Speed 10 ft Fly 50 ft | Active Conditions: Refined Focus (Frilled Lizard +4 Intimidate)

Maudi follows Raul from one rooftop to the next as the Pathfinders make their way through the city streets. When they arrive at the Wounded Wisp, Maudi perches atop the roof and waits for his companion to finish his business.

Grand Lodge

Eroil the Arrow wrote:

Eroil moves toward the Human Male talking both adventure and faith and asks for a sit."Mind if I sit down? My name is Eroil and the kitten here is struggler!"

[Dice=Diplo]d20+10
El Garrapata wrote:

"Greetings BAR-OWNER! I am EL GARRAPATA and I would like a stout GLASS OF WATER, please!" Glancing around, he spots the old man reading the large tome and heads straight toward him.

He leans over the man in a curious way and says in a loud voice, "HELLO OLD HUMAN! That SEEMS like a VERY INTERESTING BOOK you have there! DOES it have any PICTURES?"

The old man take a sip from an oversized flagon of ale to wet his lips and sets his tome down. He gives just a brief glance at El Garrapata and looks directly at Eroil and his kitten.

"Well met Eroil, I am Yargos. You do know that kittens, well cats specifically, have turned the tides in several major battles? No? Let me tell you of the battle between the King Mundar of Haradel and the Black Rose Bandits....." Yargos goes on for another moment or two telling of the battle then comes back to the present. "What brings you to the Wisp tonight I am always interested in current events. Been on any exciting adventures lately?"

Grand Lodge

Rokhan Kruhl wrote:

"One of what they drink! Hopefully strong. More for them too!" Rokhan says stepping up to the bar and pointing at the two Half-Orcs before going over to them.

"Finally some company! We are Rokhan and Vulka." He says after proceeding to drink his concoction in one gulp.

The male of the group looks first at the bar, holds up his ale glass, and then 3 fingers. "I am Garl, and this is my sister Shrade. You hear to listen as we regale you with the time we saved a Pathfinder group deployed in Lastwell? Or maybe just best each other with stories of combat."

Shrade, on the other hand, while just as muscled as her brother, has a distinct feminine air about her. "Hush brother, look at them. One could forgive me for thinking they might be new to the pathfinder adventures. Look how scared they look." Giving it a moment to pass, they both break out in laughter, slapping you on your back, and down their drinks in one gulp.

Grand Lodge

Raul the Hunter wrote:

"Wine, please," Raul responds to the bartender, "Any vintage is fine."

Wine in hand, Raul wanders over to the Sarenrite's table and gives the man a simple bow. "Good day, sir. I am Raul. Have you been a Pathfinder long?"

"I am Aram bin Kaleel owner of Kaleel's Curiosities over in the coin district. You have been there, yes? I am not a Pathfinder, not anymore. I visit here from time to time to relive my glory days, enlighten new agents, that sort of thing. What brings you here this fine evening?"

Silver Crusade

Human Brawler 3 HP 31/31; AC 17, T13, FF14; CMD 19; F+6, R+6, W+2; Init +2, Perc +0

I think Eroil and Garrapata went to different dudes. Eroil went to the one talking faith and Garrapata went to the old man with the large tome.

Grand Lodge

El Garrapata wrote:
I think Eroil and Garrapata went to different dudes. Eroil went to the one talking faith and Garrapata went to the old man with the large tome.

Opps, yah, misread that. Ah well. Its not going to matter much in any form, as the group will have ample time to meet and greet everyone.

Grand Lodge

Female N Varana Druid 1 (Supernaturalist) - Init. +4, Senses Low-Light Vision Perception +8, AC 15/ touch 15/ ff 10; hp 8/8, F+2, R+4, W+6, Speed 30 ft., Climb 20 ft.

Vina moves Lakadee to the corner of the hallway so she can see the taproom. She hides in the tree leaves and listens to everyone.

Stealth: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (1) + 11 = 12
Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19

Silver Crusade

Human Brawler 3 HP 31/31; AC 17, T13, FF14; CMD 19; F+6, R+6, W+2; Init +2, Perc +0

No worries!

Garrapata smiles at the tale-spinning man. "I just got BACK from a trip to the HILLS. I met a GILL-WOMAN and learned HOW GENDER is a TRAP! Also I punched a MINOTAUR!"

Scarab Sages

230524-9 | Male NG Human (Garundi) Courtly Hunter 1 (Ultimate Intrigue pg. 64) | HP 10/10 | AC 17 T 13 FF 14 | CMD15 | F +4 R +5 W +2 | Init +5 | Perc +6 SM +2 | Speed 30 ft | Spells: 1st 2/2 | Active Conditions: ---

"Captain Dreng sent us to collect a package," Raul answers Aram. "I am certain that you know how he can be with new members. However, the proprietress is busy, so we have time to mingle before we collect the package."

"I finished my Confirmation not long ago under the supervision of Janira," he looks towards the halfling with a friendly smile. "Is there any advice that one experienced as you might be able to share?"

Dark Archive

female Aasimar
Spoiler:
AC 16/T10/FF16 HP 10 /10 F+2 R+1 W+2 Init +1 Perception+3
Dual Cursed Lunar Oracle 2
GM Emmjay wrote:


The old man take a sip from an oversized flagon of ale to wet his lips and sets his tome down. He gives just a brief glance at El Garrapata and looks directly at Eroil and his kitten.

"Well met Eroil, I am Yargos. You do know that kittens, well cats specifically, have turned the tides in several major battles? No? Let me tell you of the battle between the King Mundar of Haradel and the Black Rose Bandits....." Yargos goes on for another moment or two telling of the battle then comes back to the present. "What brings you to the Wisp tonight I am always interested in current events. Been on any exciting adventures lately?"

Stroking Struggler under the chin is enought to make the cat purr in happiness. "Well, I have to admit that I never heard of those battles. But I would love to hear more. I bow to your erudite wisdom and the years of experience!"

Grand Lodge

CN Male Half-Orc UnBarbarian (Mad Dog) | HP: 15/15 | AC: 14 T: 11 FF: 13 | CMB: +5, CMD: 16 | F: 5 R: 1 W: -2 | Init: 5 | Handle Animal: 4 Intimidate: 4 | Speed 40ft | Rage 7/7 | Active conditions: None.

Rokhans brow furrows but he laughs along enjoying the chiding. "Hah, yes being a Pathfinder is different. Too many people getting along! Not like in the Belkzen."

Sometimes I miss home. Much simpler.

"Garl, Shrade. I will have fierce tales to challenge yours as a Pathfinder soon...but this stinky human has me here to pick up a package. No glory in that! Tell me of your strength and how you were chosen for real missions!" he shares loudly with the others and listens to their stories.

Grand Lodge

Rokhan Kruhl wrote:

Rokhans brow furrows but he laughs along enjoying the chiding. "Hah, yes being a Pathfinder is different. Too many people getting along! Not like in the Belkzen."

Sometimes I miss home. Much simpler.

"Garl, Shrade. I will have fierce tales to challenge yours as a Pathfinder soon...but this stinky human has me here to pick up a package. No glory in that! Tell me of your strength and how you were chosen for real missions!" he shares loudly with the others and listens to their stories.

"We are chosen when they need something done where brute force is needed" Garl begins. "Do not worry. Sometimes the easiest mission isn't as easy as it seems."

"However," his sister Shrade includes, "once you prove yourself to the Society, getting missions suited for your tastes becomes easier. Of course" she continues in a hushed tone "it also pays to frequent here, get noticed, and have a large bar tab!!!"

Grand Lodge

Eroil wrote:
Stroking Struggler under the chin is enought to make the cat purr in happiness. "Well, I have to admit that I never heard of those battles. But I would love to hear more. I bow to your erudite wisdom and the years of experience!"
El Garrapata wrote:
Garrapata smiles at the tale-spinning man. "I just got BACK from a trip to the HILLS. I met a GILL-WOMAN and learned HOW GENDER is a TRAP! Also I punched a MINOTAUR!"

Looking at El Garrapata, seriously this time, "Well, gender is always a trap. As any man, even if we know its coming we will fall for it. It reminds me of the time that an Apprentice Knight of Seranrae allowed her temple to be destroyed because she fell in love and abandoned her post when she was needed the most."

Yargos looks at both of you intently. "Do you have any good stories or ancient secrets you wish to share?"

Silver Crusade

Human Brawler 3 HP 31/31; AC 17, T13, FF14; CMD 19; F+6, R+6, W+2; Init +2, Perc +0

"I dreamed I was a goblin once. It was a strange DREAM. Or am I a GOBLIN dreaming I AM A MAN?"

Grand Lodge

Raul the Hunter wrote:

"Captain Dreng sent us to collect a package," Raul answers Aram. "I am certain that you know how he can be with new members. However, the proprietress is busy, so we have time to mingle before we collect the package."

"I finished my Confirmation not long ago under the supervision of Janira," he looks towards the halfling with a friendly smile. "Is there any advice that one experienced as you might be able to share?"

"The best advice I can give you is this. Rely on your group, and as a team stand on your own two feet. However, if need be, go and seek outside assistance."

Scarab Sages

230524-9 | Male NG Human (Garundi) Courtly Hunter 1 (Ultimate Intrigue pg. 64) | HP 10/10 | AC 17 T 13 FF 14 | CMD15 | F +4 R +5 W +2 | Init +5 | Perc +6 SM +2 | Speed 30 ft | Spells: 1st 2/2 | Active Conditions: ---

Raul nods to Aram's advice.

Dark Archive

female Aasimar
Spoiler:
AC 16/T10/FF16 HP 10 /10 F+2 R+1 W+2 Init +1 Perception+3
Dual Cursed Lunar Oracle 2

Eroil ponders for a moment and tells a story of her last adventure, about an abduction in galt, about lost promises and treachery.

Grand Lodge

CN Male Half-Orc UnBarbarian (Mad Dog) | HP: 15/15 | AC: 14 T: 11 FF: 13 | CMB: +5, CMD: 16 | F: 5 R: 1 W: -2 | Init: 5 | Handle Animal: 4 Intimidate: 4 | Speed 40ft | Rage 7/7 | Active conditions: None.

"Proving myself? That I know how to do! The captain will get his package...not like anything can get in my way." Rokhan replies to Garl before listening to his sister.

"I will visit here often to share stories with you...your brother too," he says quietly to Shrade before bellowing "and working up that tab! Three more!"

After downing the drink he claps them on the back thanking them for their advice and tells them he will see them again with stories to share before going to check on his comrades.

Need to finish this mission to get more challenges. Gotta prove my strength all over again like back home.

Grand Lodge

GM NOTE: Please place your icon on SLIDE 3 PART 2 in the upper portion of the Ruined Chamber room, where Heryn Gale's icon is located. Some players and/or their pets may be forced to fit back into the stairwell, and that is ok.

As you have spent some time drinking and getting to know the more important (famous) of the guests tonight in the Wounded Wisp, Heryn Gale's replacement finally arrives to take over her shift tending the bar. She gathers you up "Adventurers looking to get the bottle of wine from the storehouse, come and follow me," and leads you behind the bar to the stairs leading down to the basement.

A set of wooden stairs descends from the main floor into this tightly packed storeroom. Barrels, boxes, and crates of assorted foodstuffs and drink garnishes are pushed against the walls or under the stairs. Coming to a fissure in the floor, Heryn stops and informs you:

"This happened during the quake of 4698. We've been meaning to get it repaired, but we haven't had the time to do so. So, all we have is this wooden plank to get across. Take your time and be careful."

Perception Rolls:

Per - Raul: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17
Per - Eroil: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22
Per - Artic: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (17) + 10 = 27
Per - Vina: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27
Per - Rokhan: 1d20 - 3 ⇒ (18) - 3 = 15
Per - Garrapata: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (10) + 0 = 10
Per - Vulka(Comp): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8
Per - Struggler(Comp): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17
Per - Lakadee(Comp): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 = 17
Per - Maudi(Comp): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18

Artic Fox stops the group before they make their way across. Taking a good look at the "bridge" she notices that it is in a very poor state of repair. Both Vina Sitha and Eroil the Arrow confirm this assessment. The chasm is far enough across that jumping would be foolish at best, and deep enough that a fall would hurt, but probably not kill, anyone.

What is the group going to do?

Scarab Sages

230524-9 | Male NG Human (Garundi) Courtly Hunter 1 (Ultimate Intrigue pg. 64) | HP 10/10 | AC 17 T 13 FF 14 | CMD15 | F +4 R +5 W +2 | Init +5 | Perc +6 SM +2 | Speed 30 ft | Spells: 1st 2/2 | Active Conditions: ---

Raul slowly moves onto the board and inches his way across the gap.

Spoiler:
Quarter speed

Grand Lodge

Female N Varana Druid 1 (Supernaturalist) - Init. +4, Senses Low-Light Vision Perception +8, AC 15/ touch 15/ ff 10; hp 8/8, F+2, R+4, W+6, Speed 30 ft., Climb 20 ft.

Lakadee climbs across using the wall to the east. Vina simply hangs off him, as usual.

A bit outside the rules, but if you'll allow it, Vina instructs Lakadee to stand at the edge of the chasm and lean his branches over, while Vina, using her Tree Hanger feat, holds the hand of anyone crossing to assist them with their balance and catch them if they fall

Silver Crusade

Human Brawler 3 HP 31/31; AC 17, T13, FF14; CMD 19; F+6, R+6, W+2; Init +2, Perc +0

Garrapata looks at the chasm, judges the distance and chugs a potion of JUMP! I can carry a character with me, I think. Does anyone want to volunteer?

Hefting his precious cargo, he gets a running start and leaps!

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 7 + 10 ⇒ (14) + 7 + 10 = 31

Grand Lodge

Raul the Hunter wrote:

Raul slowly moves onto the board and inches his way across the gap.

Moving at quarter speed, Raul the Hunter slowly edges his way across. The boards creak and groan and moan, threatening to give way at every step. But, finally he makes it across without issue.

Grand Lodge

El Garrapata wrote:

Garrapata looks at the chasm, judges the distance and chugs a potion of JUMP! I can carry a character with me, I think. Does anyone want to volunteer?

Hefting his precious cargo, he gets a running start and leaps!

[dice=Acrobatics]1d20+7+10

Taking a running start, El Garrapata doesn't realize how easy it looks leaping across the chasm. As well as accomplished the task, he thinks he didn't need the potion. But, better safe than sorry.

Grand Lodge

Vina Sitha wrote:

Lakadee climbs across using the wall to the east. Vina simply hangs off him, as usual.

A bit outside the rules, but if you'll allow it, Vina instructs Lakadee to stand at the edge of the chasm and lean his branches over, while Vina, using her Tree Hanger feat, holds the hand of anyone crossing to assist them with their balance and catch them if they fall

While I applaud you thinking outside the box, I am not going to allow it. The reason is that you have a 7 STR. Given the weight that you would need to support, and the sharp jerk of the person falling, there is no way I could see you holding on to that person. Even looking up the Tree Hanger feat to confirm what it did, exactly: "You gain a +2 bonus to your CMD against all trip attacks. If your square has a branch or other sturdy large object that you could hang from, as a swift action you may make a DC 15 Acrobatics check to jump upward and use your tail to hang from that object. While hanging, you can’t be tripped, you ignore the effects of difficult terrain in your square, and you gain a +2 bonus to your CMD against bull rush, drag, and reposition attacks. If you leave that square (including if you are moved against your will), you lose your grip on the object and are no longer hanging. While hanging, you cannot use your tail for anything else." there is nothing there to suggest that it could help in this situation, other than to allow you to use your tail to grip the tree and attempt to hold onto the person. No bonuses or anything.

That being said, given what you can do with your pet, you are basically able to ignore the obstacle and can traverse it without issue if that is what you choose to do.

I will, however, allow you to make a DC25 Handle Animal check to allow your Treant to assist, doing the same thing you were trying to do. I came up with that number as I would call it a Work trick, which basically says push/pull a medium or heavy load. That would be the best way I can think of to describe allowing others to hold on and get support from your Companion. It is DC25 because of the "Push" an animal task, it doesn't know the trick, but is capable of performing the trick. (pg97core)

Grand Lodge

Female N Varana Druid 1 (Supernaturalist) - Init. +4, Senses Low-Light Vision Perception +8, AC 15/ touch 15/ ff 10; hp 8/8, F+2, R+4, W+6, Speed 30 ft., Climb 20 ft.

No problem. Vina will just hang and wait on the other side.

Scarab Sages

230524-9 | Male NG Human (Garundi) Courtly Hunter 1 (Ultimate Intrigue pg. 64) | HP 10/10 | AC 17 T 13 FF 14 | CMD15 | F +4 R +5 W +2 | Init +5 | Perc +6 SM +2 | Speed 30 ft | Spells: 1st 2/2 | Active Conditions: ---

Raul quickly gets out of the way as the small treant and the others making their way across the chasm.

Dark Archive

female Aasimar
Spoiler:
AC 16/T10/FF16 HP 10 /10 F+2 R+1 W+2 Init +1 Perception+3
Dual Cursed Lunar Oracle 2

Eroil slowly crosses the chasm, using her polearm for balance. Quarter speed


male Cat, big Animal companion 1

Struggler takes a quick sprint and jumps over the chasm.
Acro: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

Grand Lodge

Eroil the Arrow wrote:
Eroil slowly crosses the chasm, using her polearm for balance. Quarter speed

Eriol, copying what Raul did, makes it across without issue. Again, that "bridge" is creaking and groan and moaning. More than once Eriol stopped just to slow down the beating of his heart.

Grand Lodge

Struggler wrote:

Struggler takes a quick sprint and jumps over the chasm.

Acro: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13

Struggler slipped badly on some loose debris when attempting to sprint and falls down to the bottom of the chasm. He lets out with a big "umph" as he lands (knocking some of the air out of him), but thankfully as a cat he has no issue landing on his feet or not take damage, just a bruised ego.

I need Struggler and Eriol to both give me a Perception check, please.

1 to 50 of 222 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The Campaign All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.